Mummies staying at Fernvale

Sigh. Every night sleep breathing in bacteria! My poor baby cannot take air con, too drying. End up open window with small gap. Obnoxious stink! ARGH.

Not sure whether mummies here aware of Toy Sale @ Kallang Toy Warehouse Sale 2009 at:
From Friday,11th Dec 2009 - Thursday, 24th Dec 2009
Blk 171 Kallang Way #05-03 Kolam Ayer Industrial Estate (5 min walk from Siemens Building or behind Qimonda building)
From 11am - 7pm (Mon - Sat) & 11am - 5pm (Sun).
Featuring branded character toys such as Hello Kitty, Barbie, Dora, Sesame Street...

Merry Christmas to all!!
happy.gif

Pingping,

It was a really GOOD break to renew and recharge... to get away fr the daily routine of housework and childcare without my boy and hubby ard.. and just wake up and shop, shop and shop.
happy.gif

Crayonmum,

I really envy you, don't know how long I hv to wait for this break. I am suffering burnout already. Does any mummies here know of any good spa to go to? Need to de-stress since I can't go overseas, I really need a good massage.

Vivienne,

1 luggage there.. 2 luggages back.. hehehe.. i'm targeting Taipei next yr.. since u said it was gd when u went there!
happy.gif

Pingping,

Hmm.. I dun go spas.. so I dunno..

how abt retail therapy? hehehe.. post xmas sale is starting today everywhere!
happy.gif

Pingping,
I hv one Home Based Masseur to recommend..she's veri veri gd...
she oni do for ladies, NO MEN!!
Oni thing she stays in Teck Whye...abit far to travel there...
if u r keen, i cn give u her contact to arnge appt...u hv to bk her in advance as her appt is always Full lor.

chrisy,

u mean birds chirping in the morn? no leh.. nvr hear on my side.. but i can hear my upstairs neighbours turning on their shower tap every early morn. :p

nit chirping but 'screaming'..but it seems to fly to another tree further from my blk already..heee

happy new yr to all!

sianz...this mrng flew back to the tree nearer my blk..it screamed at 5+am tdy!.. hv wrote to TC..
hope they migrate the bird far far away...haha...
<font size="-2">
<font color="5aaa7c">I had referred your feedback to Singapore Land Authority (SLA Tel No: 63239829) to look into your feedback.

Thank you and have a Happy New Year!

Best regards,
TNG BH
Senior Property Officer
Ang Mo Kio-Yio Chu Kang Town Council
Tel: 6456 1633 Fax: 6456 1225</font></font>

Chrisy,

I hve a gut feeling that SLA will refer to AVA instead since it involves a bird.. dun think SLA has the equipment to catch the bird and resettle it elsewhere.

SLA takes forever to reply.. I complained to SLA abt litter strewn all ovr the grassland between Gerald Dr and Fernvale Estate some mths back and suggested to put some litter bins there.. I have to email SLA for an update after not hearing fr them for more than 3 weeks and the OIC called back. Apparently the grassland is State Land and thus under SLA's purview and TC will just email all queries/feedback to SLA.

U may wanna try sending ur feedback abt the bird concurrently to AVA and SLA directly.
happy.gif

But on the other hand, the screaming bird may be just a migratory bird which will fly away when the season changes.
happy.gif

ya i saw bins there..i wonder who threw those junks there.. :S

i do know that screaming bird will migrate..but it will take mths..

it happen once last yr..nw itz back to disturb my sleep
sad.gif
back to the same old tree..dah..

it screams 5+am tdy lor..damn!

yup..just 1 bird..this mrng it screamed from 530-7am..OMG!!

been dragging feet to work daily for wks aleadi..

i wonder if any other pple complained or i am just toooo light a sleeper
sad.gif

i will try AVA tdy..

very interesting replies from the authorities that i send to..they seem like playing tai-ji games..

<font color="0000ff">AVA reply :

The Manager
Pasir Ris -- Punggol Town Council

Dear Sir / Madam

Grateful if you could look into the matter and keep the writer informed.

Yours sincerely

Ong Kee Seng
Principal Animal Control Inspector
Animal Control and Pet Licensing Branch
AVA</font>

<font color="ff0000">SLA reply :

I refer to your email of dated 6 Jan 2010, which was addressed to the
Singapore Land Authority (SLA).

We have referred the matter to National Environment Agency (NEA) and they
will reply to you in due course. NEA is the agency to approach on matters
mentioned in your enquiry.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Charmaine Lim
CUSTOMER CARE UNIT • Planning &amp; Development •
Singapore Land Authority • 6323-9829 (SLA Enquiry Line) • 6323-9937 (Fax) •
http://www.sla.gov.sg</font>

so NEA reply will be?? 1 bunch of jokers..

Chrisy,

same prob that i faced the other time..and yes.. it was taiji game between TC, SLA and NEA 2! aiyoh... wassup wif these govt agencies man?!

by the time anyone replies or take action, think that screaming bird has migrated away liao.. ahhaha

chrisy,
hve u seen the bird b4? Is it a green parrot?
I hve encountered noisy wild parrots screaming at the break of dawn b4 bt nt in spore.. And yes they r super annoying!

letz see hw long they take action from the date i posted this..

<font size="-2"><font color="5aaa7c">Thank you for your email dated 06/01/2010. We are looking into your
feedback and will respond to you as soon as permissible.

Please call me or email [email protected] if we can be of further
assistance.

Sincerely,

Melvin Yap
Customer Service Officer
Tel: 1800-CALL NEA [1800-2255 632]
National Environment Agency

Our Environment -- We Care</font></font>

Not only that koo-ing bird is damn annoying, pigeons shitting @ kitchen area, aircon ledge &amp; making nests too. How to get rid? Help! =(

oh I advice you to contact the Town Council to take alook. My relative flat in Punngol also like that, Pigeons like to poo and rest in their air-con ledge area and so the management install a NET on the whole flat at the area, to prevent the Pigeon from going into the air-con area. But somehow, Pigeon still can come through the net!

Because of this, now my relative do not open the Kitchen window at all!

I dun like the design of the new flats where the air-con ledge cannot get much sun. Dust accumulating as the rain cannot come in. They should make it a point to wash this part of the flat regularly.

Town council wont do anything. They said nets spoils HDB flat appearance. I called them many times. So in the end, I have to use rubberbands to aim &amp; shoot them away! Grr...

daish> I just got my parklon playmat from mini toons when they had 40% disc during xmas last year. I paid for $84, usual price was $139.90. Size is large.
Now Im looking for baby carrier. Which block do u stay? =)

the noisy bird seem to fly to punggol park..but sometimes it is back..

for birds within reach..i wonder if therez gun that make noise n scare dem off n they nvr will dare come back again?! haha

Evie, daish,

the bumper playmats fr smallsmallworld and Minitoons are different in material.
happy.gif
I have the smallsmallworld one.. it's more cushiony and much heavier.

actually diash, i hve 2 at home.. and only 1 is in use.. used to put the other one at my mum's.. if u dun mind preloved.. i can let go cheaply.. coz it has some stains on it liao. It's the World Map design that is out of production now. Let me know yah? U can sms me if u still have my no.
happy.gif

Back