Mummies staying at Fernvale

<font face="Comic Sans MS,Tahoma">PCF is the one at fernvale? my boy hv a classmate trf over i think..

ok urs a gal..great..of the 4 brats now..only 1 is gal..haha..

for K1 workweek now, tues is chinese spelling, wed phonics(xtra class), thurs english spelling &amp; speech&amp;drama(xtra class), fri is computer lessons. asides these, they hv 'projects' which you work with your child.. but if u r a sahm..i guess u hv ample time for sure..</font>

How much is Moriah's fee? In total how many student they have now? How come only 4 to 1 teacher in K1?

How long has Moriah been around? Does Moriah has Full Day class?

I am paying $280 + $40 Speech n Drama for full day in Smartie.

<font face="Comic Sans MS,Tahoma">nt sure the rates now..my boy is there for yearssss..he is pioneer rates at $340 after subsidy (full day)

total students no idea..as i only saw a long list of names on PG list..heee..K1 happen to hv 4 kids only..monkey year lesser babies? haha..

SD classes is $200+ for a term.if i rem correctly.</font>

crayonmum
Thanks for the info...think its too high price to pay...though Samrtie not as good, but stil not too bad la...I keep asking my boy he like his school or not, he said "like" so I let him be la...furthermore very convenient...just downstairs..heee.

Btw...do you consider letting your child to go to Fernvale Primary School? Any comments? Have to start to look out and do "volunteer" work?? sigh...

I am not putting my gal at Moriah, as they don't hv half day session. For sahm, I hv to pay $600 for my gal which is too expensive, and I hv a younger son to send to playgroup so I can't afford it. I am now considering kindertots. Crayonmum, you mention kindertots is not bad, right. Can I state that I am recommended by you, so that I get 10% discount if I decide to enrol my gal in K1.

Daish, crayonmum is right. For working mum, you need to pay $450 after subsidy. I called them up to check.

<font face="Comic Sans MS,Tahoma">oh i din noe they do not have half day sessions nw..for sahm with no subsidies is alittle tough i agree..
esp with more kids..hv to opt for 3hrs classes type..

fernvale pri oso in my choice for reg nxt year..mst be convenient..but student care a headache.
proud.gif
</font>

<font face="Comic Sans MS,Tahoma">yeah daish..i do aware..but i feel a childcare/student care center will make it abit 'noisy' to settle in..will prefer a pure SC if any...</font>

Pingping,

Kindertots only cater to kids fr 15mths old (must know how to walk) to 3yo.
happy.gif

Daish,

yah lor.. pri sch is a headache.. i dun think i will volunteer leh... somemore not guaranteed.. i think unless u r within 1-2 km and volunteer.. prob higher chance.
happy.gif

for now, i'm thinking of Fernavle Pri... they haven't had a graduating batch yet.. am waiting to see how this yr's pri 6 perform in the PSLE. Alot of my boy's schmates in kindy are going to Fernvale Pri next yr.

Hi crayonmum,

I just got kindertots brochure few days ago, they hv K1 and K2 class. It states that it's available for yr 2010 registration.

pingping,
Oh wow.. So they r expanding? Dat's gd. Is it taught by adil or the owners of the tuition centre(edu clinic)?fr wat i knw last time, adil rents a rm fr the tuition centre to run her playgrp in the morns while she is a teacher in another childcare ctr in the afternoons bt she gives tuition to k1 and k2 on sats.
happy.gif

U can try telling adil u r rec by ian tay's mummy bt i tink ian nds to be her current student then u will gt the 10%.
happy.gif

Hello mummies,

finally thread alive.

My kids hv already graduated from Moriah Sch Hse. The teachers that used to teach them were good but hv mostly left so i'm not sure abt nw.

ya very impt is the teacher in the school... my boy's form teacher has been changing (3x I guess) since he started studying in Smartie in May09.

anyone heard of Dino Hollywood exhibition...anyone gone? is it worth a visit...I saw in yesterday ST newspaper and I recall seeing BP thread sell the ticket...

hi daish/gr8stuff (in case some mummies in this thread dunno u r the same person.. hee),

it's the one at Bird Park rite? guess if ur boy is into dino.. maybe worth going? think my boy is too young at 3yo.
happy.gif

i think the turnover rate for childcare teachers are very high in most schs... prob coz they r overworked and underpaid so every opportunity to earn more, they jump ship? hmm...

<font face="Comic Sans MS,Tahoma">ladies, i m currently doing mayuki/yoco sprees..

PM me if u r keen to join k
happy.gif
</font>

Good Morning mommies,

went to the park opp. Ach CC yesterday. It was a nice place for families. We bought a loaf of bread to feed the fishes n terrapins in the pond. It is so much fun for the kids. We also play frisbee n fly kites.

Would like to share with all of u this nice park. Another place to bring the kids to.
happy.gif

Thanks Vivienne for sharing, will bring my kids there during weekends.

Crayonmum
I got the K1 rates from Kindertots last friday. The monthly fee for K1 and 2 is $270 per mth. There is a material fee of $50 every 4mths and yearly book fee of $100. They hv uniform for Nursery to K2, but the costs are not out yet. They need at least 5 students to open a K1 class, so I am still waiting for their confirmation. I really don't feel like putting my gal at PCF K1 cos the teacher are not enthusiastic abt teaching. I see the K1 students sian sian, even my gal was initially excited abt doing homework, now like bo chap. I prefer Kindertot as it's nearby, and the teacher is knowledgeable when I talk to her, plus I hv a younger son to take care of.

I called PCF to enquire abt the K1 syllabus, the person can tell me that they don't study subjects. that they learn through play. She can't even give me a clear description of what and how they teach the kids, just tell me that they learn through play. Really worrying, I am still thinking whether to withdraw my gal from PCF K1 next year as I hv already agreed to let her continue her K1 class there. If she don't get a place in Kindertots, will weekly K1 enrichment class or Kumon class help? Any mummies can share with me as well? Really shao nao jing!
sad.gif

Pingping,

The fees of Kindertots are reasonable.
happy.gif
Adil (the business owner) and Fiza were my boy's teachers and I found them very patient and passionate abt teaching the kids. So if K1 and K2 are going to be taught by them, the classes shd be gd.
happy.gif

Hmm... K1 at PCF still learn thru play? It's indeed worrying. Is it only the N2 teacher who is bochap? How abt the K1 and K2 teachers? R they gd? Coz it's really just a few more mths before Jan 2010. I heard that the PCF K1 or K2 teacher is Janice who used to teach at Appletree at Blk 412 and that she's gd?

I feel that weekly classes cannot substitute daily classes.. unless u teach ur gal at home following a syllabus. Weekly classes are more like an enrichment. Hopefully, Kindertots is able to open a class.
happy.gif

How abt other kindergartens nearby that provides schoolbus service? I heard that the PCF at anchorvale is better. U may wanna chk out the teachers there? Like peep fr the window when they r teaching?

Yah, Crayonmum it's kind of hot there sometimes. Yuxuan picked lots of mini starfruit there on the ground. Haha ! He was so happy.
happy.gif

Crayonmum - I met a Filipino teacher at Educlinic when i made some enquiries but forgotten to ask for her name. Is she anyone of the teachers that u mentioned ?
happy.gif

Pingping,

From my experience, learn thru play is really not so good. My son dun even know what he had learn in PCF. But aft changing him to CC he was able to tell me what he had learned. Jus my opinion.
happy.gif

Crayonmum,

Actually, she is the tuition teacher for P1 n P2. I tht of putting my sons in her tuition class. If it was the passionate teachers that u mentioned then i dun hv to consider. haha!! Jus put them in.

Hi Vivienne and crayonmum,

Thanks for yr advices. I agree with Vivienne, I don't think kids can learn much through play. When they go to primary 1, it's more on academic. They also learn through reading and homework. If it's play, it has to be constructive, not the play play type.

crayonmum
It seems like teacher Janice is not there. I only saw her last year during orientation, after the classes started, I don't get to see her anymore. I'll call PCF tomorrow to check but my gut feeling tells me she is not there. I saw some of the K1 teachers, they really don't look enthusiastic to me. Like they are teaching for a living, not because they love to teach.

Somemore they employ aunties to be assistant, like my gal's class, there used to be 2 teachers and a assistant. The chinese teacher is gone, left with the assistant and teacher Doreen. They are not sensitive with the kids' needs. Like today, my gal's pants got wet while her teacher try to top up her water bottle. Her jacket was wet too, and they let her wear the wet jacket throughout the class. When I pick her up from school, I held her hand and it was cold. They should not let her wear the wet jacket, it'll keep her cold instead of warm. Common sense, right? My gal request to change to her dry shorts when her pants were wet. When she was in Apple tree playgroup, they change her to dry pants (they hv extra pants in school) cos her pants were wet from the rain. I am really not impressed with PCF at all. Sigh
sad.gif

Hope Kindertots will be able to open a kindergarten class next year, as I am thinking of placing my son in their playgroup, then it'll be easier for me to fetch them.. Really pray hard. Still looking for other alternatives at the same time.

crayonmum,

The school is air conditioned except for friday, which they declared as environmental day to save energy. I would prefer schools to be non air conditioned, kids won't fall sick so easily cos of the change of temperature. I called PCF, they don't even know who is teacher Janice. Strange, but I remember seeing her at the orientation last year.

Pingping,

oh.. i din know PCF is air-conditioned... wonder why they would want to switch on the aircon when it's quite well-ventilated with a row of windows at the side of the classrooms.

yah.. i prefer schs with no aircon too.. my boy's sch is non-aircon most of the time. The aircon is only switched on when the weather gets too hot.

maybe Janice quit already? i think turnover rate for pre-sch teachers is very high.

Luckily Smartie does not switch on air-con but only do so when they nap.

Some of the teachers worked in Smartie for long time also although i see new faces since my boy joined.

Why dun you consider Smartie, Ping?

Hey,

Any mummies been to KL "Chee Cheong Kai"(not sure spelling correct anot)?

As I went few years back, so would like to know more if you have been there quite recent.

Thanks

Doreamon!

so long time no "see" u in this thread.
happy.gif
U mean KL Chinatown ah? Was in KL during CNY period.. but never go to Chinatown coz it wld had been closed anyway during CNY.

Hey crayonmum,

ya long time didnt see you too... cos I have been working late. Heee

How's Ian? should be very big boy liao.

Hmm... I also long time didnt go to the KL Chinatown so thought of going as I need to clear my leave before dec 09.

happy.gif

hi thanks for the Fernvale sch info. What do you all think of the result? They have 100% pass on language...not too bad I think? I do not really understand their other scoring...

hi Doreamon,

Yah.. ian is coming to 3yo liao.. but still very skinny and small-built.. and hair still not fully grown. :p hahaha..

Hi daish,

hmm...personally i tot the results were not fantastic.. with 55% going on to express stream in sec sch.. but i'm also not sure how pri schs normally fare in PSLE results... haven't done any research/comparison.. hee.

crayonmum,

Heard from those old generation have to rub some hard liquor then the hair will grow faster and will be very black too.... but not sure how true lei....

doreamon,

Yah lor, the aunties at our dwnstairs always tell me 2. Hehe. I dun dare to try coz scared the alcohol seeps into the bloodstream thru the pores of the scalp. I also had v little hair when young, my mum said she tried rubbing xo, orange peel, etc on my head and my hair also din grow. Hahaha. So i guess it's genetic..
happy.gif

Hello mummies,

Doreamon - Hi, i jus came back from KL yesterday. We went to Chinatown, the shops sell lots of those imitations bags, clothes n such. With my kids along, did not do much shopping there.
happy.gif

Are u going by bus?

Back