Mummies in Australia?

Not every houses in riverton or willetton are zoned within Rossmoyne zone. So check carefully.
But then why do you want to put them in a public school when you could afford them in private education?

GoGoVier,

I do not know how come you get the impression that houses in Vic Park and Cannington areas are cheap! These 2 suburbs are considered quite expensive as they are near city, big shopping malls and train stations. There are houses selling for over 1mil in those places!

The reasons that these places are not that safe are also because they are near big shopping malls and train stations. More crowds = more rowdy.

A small old house with small land, or a strata will cost much lesser even in a more expensive area. So look carefully...

As for school, there's no need for you to hunt 2 schools. There are many good school that covers enrollment from kindy to Yr 12.

As for this ques "another question: i can apply the PR ourselves without going thru an agent,right?"

Yes you can. Most of us apply PR without an agent.

Hi hidora,
my "input" means any other advises? not only on area to stay.

i had checked the perth property website. they showed the price for Vic Park n Cannington area. Compare to other suburbs. they r cheaper.

Yes, i saw those very cheap ones r those old houses which u might need to do some minor renov. so i dont think these r worth. we do not wish to spend extra $$ on this... i rather keep the $$ for rainy days

as for schools, we r fine to settle with public sch. i dont think we need to spend extra to be in private sch. i had checked the expenses on some private sch. uniforms alone, will need to spend approx AU$400 as they hv 4 seasons. Exp!

We r shifting fm spore to perth, where currency rate is higher than spore. So we need to save, save, save!!! but if we r shifting fm spore to thailand, where rate is lower, that will be a different story.

Thanks for the link.

Hi mngo,
when did i mention i hv "that" money? Heehee... no lah! dont misunderstood... i hv no experience on this, so i m asking for u ladies expertise that u all find an agent here or in Perth? Ok i will start to look out for a migration agent here.

as for i wrote i might be going to Perth this Aug cos it's my birthday month n my hubby will ask me where i wanna go. not bcos i hv $$$ n can travel as and when. my hubby n i dont exchange or buy gifts for each other. we only choose to go tour together once a while.

Thks for u ladies advises. it had been very informative to me. I will take note.

Why everyone wants go Perth? hahahaah

No one wants to come to Melbourne?

Mngo,
They just opened Zara here last week.

Hi mummies in Perth,

Sorry to disturb.
Can I check with you regarding the winter now? Is it very cold ?
I am bringing my toddler over thus can you kindly advice on what type of clothings should I bring?

Thank you very much.

Hopeac
Yea i know! I saw it in one of the aussie forum.
Melbourne is a much nicer place to live
happy.gif
happy.gif
- at least for me.

Kemmy
Winter here is not cold
happy.gif

Think you can just bring normal clothes. There is no need for goose or down feather jacket.

It depends on which date you are going to be here as well. Sometimes it rains, sometimes it doesn't.
Today's low will be 7 degree
Thursday's low is 10 deg
Friday is 13 deg
Sat is 9deg
Sunday is 8
Then 10 on monday 13 on tuesday.

I suggest you BETTER CHECK THiS WEBSITE BEFORE YOU COME http://www.weatherzone.com.au/wa/perth/perth

Kemmy,

Winter here is not that cold for us. But for tourists, it may be another thing. I suggest you bring thicker clothing for your child.

Hello to all the mummies out there. I am finally getting closer to our migration plans UNTIL...the officer from the embassy told us that our child visa will take 3 to 6 MONTHS to approve! Our hearts dropped. My husband and I and my eldest child already have a PR visa and were planning to move to Perth this year...then baby no. 2 came along and so I gave birth in S'pore. Today I went to the Australian Embassy to submit our baby's application and was told that it'll take 3 to 6 months to approve. I thought I read in the above thread a mother mentioned her child's visa was approved within 2 wks. Anyone recently applied for a child visa? Looks like we have to make changes to our plans again.

Anyone has a mover to recommand? Will be moving from Singapore to Perth. Did it take 2 months for your shipment to reach Perth?

Hi Mommies in perth, my hb is here on sponsored postgrad studies for 18 mths, while I'm here accompany him and we just arrived in Jul... and recently just discovered that I'm preggie... any1 has any recommendations to any obgyn? Thanks!

Jackie - We got Bownti Mover . A few of us had the same mover as well. Crown logistic is fantastic but it's costly.

Tokkie - Congratulations! where about in Perth are you?

Thanks mngo! I'll give them a call. My hubby is finally in Perth & looking for a job and home now. Hopefully we can join him soon.

Thanks mngo! I'll give them a call. My hubby is finally in Perth & looking for a job. Hopefully we can join him soon.

Tokkie
Wembley! Hidora told me about the international food court at Wembley. But i am so far down in the south and lazy to go all the way there to makan.

Hello! Not sure if this thread is still active. am new to Perth and still trying to adjust to life here.

Just wondering if there is any meet up here!

Happened to check this forum today!

Hi hidora and mngo,
Thanks for the welcome and happy new year! I am at west side of Perth! What about you, hidora? Mngo, I believed you are living around Canning Vale (from the post above).

Thank goodness the weather is not that bad these days!

Hi LostSheep
YEs... Hidora and I are neighbours (i mean not literally next to each other la.) But we are streets away.

Which suburb is west of perth?

Hi, I've just been here in Perth for 6 months. I've met one mummy here. Am looking forward to meet up with more mummies if there's any meet up. I'm on SOR (Southern River). I have 2 kids, 6 and 1 year old.
happy.gif

hi zenithy, thks for the information.

Actually i am bringing my 2 kids aged 5 and 3 over. I am worried that i might not be able to find any available school for him..esp for 5yrs old boy.

In sin, we called it Kindergaten..not sure in perth is refer as??

Hi Pinky Poh,

I am not too sure about private schools but for public school, the school that is in your catchment area (the suburb u are staying at) will take him in.

Is your boy turning 5 or have turned 5 already? He shld be in Pre-Primary here if I am not wrong. The public school normally have kindy (for the 4 - 5 years old) then Pre-primary and thereafter Year 1 and so on.

Which suburbs are you looking at?

Hi everyone,

We have gotten the PR recently and planning to move over to Perth sometime around Mar next year. Now, we are looking at houses to buy.
May I know if you bought the land and build the house from scratch or buy from resale?
We are looking at SOR, Piara Waters or nearby. Any recommendations?

Hello mummies out there, just wondering if this thread is still valid.

I am residing in Perth and would like to meet up with Singaporean mummies located here.

I moved over 1.5 years ago and have a 6 month old baby boy.

Seems like this thread has died down, hoping to revive :)
At last, we have bought a place in Canningvale, Hidora and Mngo, hope to get in touch with you cos I read from the above posts that you live there too.
My gal is 3 years old next yr and trying to enrol her into Caladenia PS for Kindy but our hse is JUST one street out of their local intake map, can we appeal? In terms of location, Caladenai PS is so much nearer than Campbell PS which our hse falls into.

Hope to get some advice here. Thanks.

Hi,
Hope this thread is still active :)
I've lost touch with some of the moms here already.
Have been in Perth for more than 6 years now.
@kriscap: have you managed to meet up with Sgp mommies?
@neongoby: I hope you have managed to enrol your girl into Caladenia. Should not be a problem with boundary lines. If they have the vacancy, it will work out.
Anyway, hope that this thread will be revived :)

Hey mummies.. I will be moving to Mel soon in feb'15.. How is the weather there.. My baby will be 14 mo.. We got a PR there :) any advice for relocation o Mel in terms of clothes to carry, kitchen stuff or any other important stuff.. Please advice. Tks a lot

Hi,
does anyone in this thread know what's the procedure for my husband and i to bring our adopted baby back to australia with us?? any insights or experience will be much appreciated.

Back