Married for 2 years and still no baby

saralash

Hi everyone, I need ur advice.
My hubby and me are married for more than 2 years now and still no baby.
We consulted dr Wong from tmc and he sent hub for sperm test. Test result showed bad results.
We were heartbrokened but hub reassured that it cld be due to the fact that he did did not get stimulated while trying to collect his semen ( my hub doesn't like masturbation)
We are now helpless on what to do and who to consult .
Hub is willing to have sperm donor and all,
Can u guys advice me on any doc or treatment that we can take to conceive?
Both of us are depressed And always have baby envy.
Friends whom got married after us are all happy parents.
And we merely tell them that we are taking things slow.
But deep down, both of us are yearning for the good news each mth...
Please help

Hi Lash,

Did Dr Wong suggest the way forward? You can consider IUI or IVF. There are many threads in this forum on both these methods and the success stories, and I am sure many mummies would be happy to share their good doctors with you.

Hi Lash,

Do you mean by ur hubby does not believe the test result and not willing to go for treatment/medicine? My hubby had done a semen test yrs back and result also no good. Quality and quantity all bad, but after medication, both condition improve.

Hi guys, it's not that hub not accepting the result. He's just saying probably the result bad cos he was not stimulated. He is willing to go the extra mile but def would wan to see improvement. We tried Indian herbal medicine but didn't see any improvement. So now clueless.

@moon dr Wong suggested we go for test again. Hub was depressed so he hesitated to go again for fear. Though he thinks that result was bad due to him not bring stimulated, deep down he was still afraid. So I didn't wan to force him. He said he will try to build his body and try again.
Hub hates veg. He doesn't take veg at all!

Lash,

My hubby went to chung hwa clinic at toa payoh. He done acupucture and took medicine, 3 mths can see results already. His sperm count increase from 16 mil to 80 mil. Quality may take a bit longer to see result.

Lash

Join us in ivf/icsi support group. You can find out more from that forum.

Try TOng JI TCM , she is famous TSB - most of the girls goes to her. Your DH should take veg and other supplement to wl the solider .
happy.gif

Lash

I mean take supplement, eat veg, do exercise, no hot shower, no tight underwear, no hand phone inside the pocket, no computer or iPad on the lap.........to help the solider better

And also ladies, I think I might hv some probs with me too. I hv irregular periods ever since I got married. And the first day cramps are seriously unbearable. Moreover period only lasts only a mere 3 days. I mean to say by the third day, it's just spotting. So that means I only get 2 days of period flow. I find that concerning.
Then I realise I'll start having cramps just days after my ovulation. Thus I always wonder whether I even got fertilised!!

And for the past 9 months, I've been having a very bad V odour. I can even smell it when I'm squatting or sitting on the floor. Searched and learnt that it's some kind of V virus.

Lash,

I dun think u should drag any further. You should tell ur gynae all these prob to get the right treatment. Why did u drag for 9 mths?

Now, I am seeing a new tcm Dr Su, other forums claimed that they got preggy after seeing her for 2 mths (for the fastest result ones) some 6 mths preggy after seeing her.

@ asiafrighter hub doesn't wear tight briefs unless going work. At home he's in boxers. And we only take cold shower too.
His hp will be in his pouch which he hangs arnd his hips.

@micheal I dn understand Chinese!
sad.gif

@princessleopard does the Tcm speak in eng?

Hi lash

Check this out from a guy that wrote in our forum.....he share his story....
Posted on Tuesday, September 04, 2012 - 11:29 am:       
Hi Lin and all... My morphology was bad and motility was low when i first took the semen analysis. I took 3 types of supplements and did a test couple of months later. The results improved by leaps and bounds and doctor Loh joked that I should enrol myself as a donor. Supplements that help: Zinc - improves on Sperm count, Selenium and L-arginine - improves on Morphology and motility. In gerneral, drink more water and food that is high in anti-oxidant.
Hope this helps.

Another one

i took them for about 3 months before i took a 2nd SA. Must continue to take as sperm needs to take about 2-3 months to mature. We did IVF. Nonetheless, you still need active sperms to make good fertilized embryos.
In general, 1) no handphone in side pockets, 2) wear boxers only at home, 3) try not to wear jeans when going out, 4) no sauna, steam bath or hot jaccuzzi, 5) drinks lots of fluid, 6) high intake of food with anti-oxidant, 7) those supplements, 8) get rid of unused sperms every 3-4 days (according to Dr Loh, older sperm is much less active and quality not so good. no need to keep and have a blast cos production is on a daily basis).

Lash,

This is Dr Su contact:

Fu Nan Traditional Chinese Medicine Centre
Blk 152 Bukit Batok West Ave 6 St.11 #01-266.
Tel : 6896 1618
Physician Su

Operating hours:
Mon: 8.30am - 12pm / 6-9pm
Tue: 8.30am - 12pm
Wed: 8.30am - 12pm
Thu: Closed
Fri: 8.30am - 12pm / 6-9pm
Sat: 1.30pm - 5pm
Sun: 8.30am - 12pm
PH: Closed

Perhaps you can call & check if Dr Su can speak english. My mandarin not very good, I used simple mandarin and mixed with english terms that I do not know in mandarin to her. So far, she can understand me.

@princessleopard thank you very much. I'll look into this ASAP.

@asiafrighter thanks for the tips too.. Will let hub know.

First visit there, go with ur hubby. May need to wait 1-2 hours. Second visit onwards, u can call to take q no, so it will be faster and no need to wait there for too long.

Hi lash

Here is the contact :

Sister that try her during ivf cycle........she is from Tong JI

you can try sinseh tan siew buoy. she practices at ntu chinese medicine clinic. i conceive twice when i was with her for around 5 cycles each time.

she practices at other places too at different day n time.

Clinic 1: NTU Chinese Medicine Clinic
60 Nanyang Drive SBS-01s-68
Singapore 637551
Tel: 65921732/ 65921733 (By appointment)
Consulting hr: 8.30am to 12.30pm (Mon, Wed, Fri) & 1.30 to 4.30pm (Tue & Thurs)

Clinic 2: Health & Beauty Pte Ltd, Traditional chinese medicine centre
No. 38 upper cross st,
Singapore 058341
Tel: 65344131 (By appointment)
Consulting hr: 3pm to 8pm(Mon, wed & fri)

*Remember when making appt time, must mention Dr Tan Siew Buoy name.

@Lash - besides seeing the doctor and taking the medicine, you can try to these recommendations from the renowned Grand Master Yin Guang. The following are my attempt at translation. For a more comprehensive version, please google for chinese version.

#1 - Abstinence from intercourse for a period of time (half a year, or minimum 100 days) , to build up your body constitution. During the abstinence period, husband should not treat you like a wife, at least physically, best if you can sleep on separate beds. Once the period is up, you can try to conceive.

#2 - Renounce (give up) all bad deeds and do all good, to build up good karma.

#3 - Once conceived, do not have any intercourse. As a pregnant mother, you need to teach your foetus (胎教) by setting good examples. Do not throw tantrum etc. This will help you keep a healthy baby.

All the best.

Hi Lash,

You mentioned that you dun feel right too. Have you sought medical opinion on this? I faced the same problems as you too, until I found the courage to consult a gynae (Dr Suresh Nair of Mt E), and he discovered many problems with me. He gave advice on how to boost our fertility and what were the possible options available to us. These sure helped us a lot.

Hi all,
Need to stay positive & happy especially maintaining Healthy life style...things will happen naturally.

ya many sisters tried for 8yrs, some 4yrs.. u shld ask yr gynae yr next action, or seek another gynae's opinion..

Hi,I have testimony of friend going through Hydro water therapy help couples to conceive and gave birth to children. If you are interested to find out more, you may contact me at 97873674. No obligation and No harm trying. There is HOPE for people who believes.

Hi everyone, I need ur advice.
My hubby and me are married for more than 2 years now and still no baby.
We consulted dr Wong from tmc and he sent hub for sperm test. Test result showed bad results.
We were heartbrokened but hub reassured that it cld be due to the fact that he did did not get stimulated while trying to collect his semen ( my hub doesn't like masturbation)
We are now helpless on what to do and who to consult .
Hub is willing to have sperm donor and all,
Can u guys advice me on any doc or treatment that we can take to conceive?
Both of us are depressed And always have baby envy.
Friends whom got married after us are all happy parents.
And we merely tell them that we are taking things slow.
But deep down, both of us are yearning for the good news each mth...
Please help

Hi, I was a Sperm Donor in KK. I have even shipped to United States and women have become pregnant. I can give you free advise on how to conceive with your husband. Contact me via email [email protected]

Back