March 2018 Mummies

Hi I'm interested to join fb and WhatsApp grp available.. Let me know who I should pm thks
Edd mid Mar 18

Same symptoms! The sore boobs/nipples thing comes & goes. But after feeling the nausea for the past 7 weeks, I finally puked something last night. The gynae warned it gets worse from week 8 and I guess she is right. It's like totally no appetite but the stomach will still send hunger pangs and if don't eat, the hunger pangs get worse and I have this "guilt" of starving the kacang inside. After eating like 1/2 the usual portion, I feel like a ball. Bloated and wanto puke again. Zzzz. I really envy those with no MS.

I had lunch at my mum's and she cooked my usual fave beehoon soup. I struggled through half and almost died of bloatedness. She doesn't know about the pregnancy yet so she cooked a half-boiled egg as usual and I only ate the fully cooked egg whites :confused: I had to walk away from her when the nausea started again to avoid suspicions. OMYTIAN.

Totally exactly the same!
But during the first trim, the bunnie will carry his/her own "lunch box" hence he/she will not benefit from whatever we eat.
Don't worry!

Perpetually hungry but no appetite!

I like how you describe the feeling after makan - feel like a ball.

And I so idiot, I still test HPT every alternate day and get struggled over the darkness/lightness of the test line.

:oops:

I was feeling very nauseous for the past 2 weeks, but this week (week8) I'm feeling much better already.Not sure if it's because I've stopped the Duphaston? Any one stopped Duphaston? Wonder why my gynae didn't give it to me this during the recent visit...

I was feeling very nauseous for the past 2 weeks, but this week (week8) I'm feeling much better already.Not sure if it's because I've stopped the Duphaston? Any one stopped Duphaston? Wonder why my gynae didn't give it to me this during the recent visit...

Gynae usually prescribe Duphaston only when needed, it is not compulsory, but Folic Acid, yes.
Maybe you can give him a buzz and check with him to have a peace of mind?

Gynae usually prescribe Duphaston only when needed, it is not compulsory, but Folic Acid, yes.
Maybe you can give him a buzz and check with him to have a peace of mind?
I only realized gynae didn't give me when the nurse passed me the supplements. Checked with her and she just said "if you have no more cramps / pain then no need to take...". I understand but somehow eating Duphaston gives you a peace of mind right? Haha.

I only realized gynae didn't give me when the nurse passed me the supplements. Checked with her and she just said "if you have no more cramps / pain then no need to take...". I understand but somehow eating Duphaston gives you a peace of mind right? Haha.

Yeah, I feel you!
I started taking (leftover from previous visit) the next day I found out my BFP.
(( very kiasu mentality ))

I was given 2 duphaston daily cos of spotting..experienced nausea starting from the week i tk dup. Bt i just reduce it on my own to 1 tab cos my spotting stops n i hv no cramps. But the nausea seems to worsen n nt get any better.

Hey ladies! I am at my 6 weeks and going for first appt at polyclinic to get the referral letter to KKH. Anyone else going or went to KKH for their first appt with blood test and scanning?

Hi mummies,

may i know how much on average are your gynae consultation costs?

i'm seeing prof biswas at nuh as a private patient and was quite shocked that the consultation alone is $134.82, ultrasound scan is $123.05, and the duphaston $75 for 21 days' supply. Its nearly $330 just for the first visit!

when i had my other kids at kkh private suite the consultation was also around $100+ but it included the ultrasound scan as well

Totally exactly the same!
But during the first trim, the bunnie will carry his/her own "lunch box" hence he/she will not benefit from whatever we eat.
Don't worry!

Perpetually hungry but no appetite!

I like how you describe the feeling after makan - feel like a ball.

And I so idiot, I still test HPT every alternate day and get struggled over the darkness/lightness of the test line.

:oops:

haha! but why? Until now still cannot believe U're in luck? :D

pregnancy test kits very expensive wor!

Hi mummies,

may i know how much on average are your gynae consultation costs?

i'm seeing prof biswas at nuh as a private patient and was quite shocked that the consultation alone is $134.82, ultrasound scan is $123.05, and the duphaston $75 for 21 days' supply. Its nearly $330 just for the first visit!

when i had my other kids at kkh private suite the consultation was also around $100+ but it included the ultrasound scan as well

Hihi. Yup sounds about right if private. Mine's also about the same per visit. I'm seeing Dr Goh SL at Mt A. Consultation fees vary by gynae though and usually the very first consultation will be more ex, subsequent follow-ups should differ about S$20-S$50 roughly. Saturday will have an additional surcharge of S$25.

Did U enquire about any package offerings? Dr Goh offers Antenatal package from week 14 onwards. For 10 visits, I was quoted S$1400, excluding GST. The package includes consultation charges, urine test and ultrasound scans. Package excludes consultations before 14 weeks of pregnancy, consultation after delivery, ward/ after office hours/ A & E consultations, Sat Surcharge, Down Syndrome screening, detailed ultrasound scans e.g fetal abnormality scan, supplements, medicines.

Kchng $$ Kchng $$ :confused:

Hihi. Yup sounds about right if private. Mine's also about the same per visit. I'm seeing Dr Goh SL at Mt A. Consultation fees vary by gynae though and usually the very first consultation will be more ex, subsequent follow-ups should differ about S$20-S$50 roughly. Saturday will have an additional surcharge of S$25.

Did U enquire about any package offerings? Dr Goh offers Antenatal package from week 14 onwards. For 10 visits, I was quoted S$1400, excluding GST. The package includes consultation charges, urine test and ultrasound scans. Package excludes consultations before 14 weeks of pregnancy, consultation after delivery, ward/ after office hours/ A & E consultations, Sat Surcharge, Down Syndrome screening, detailed ultrasound scans e.g fetal abnormality scan, supplements, medicines.

^5 I'm also with Dr Goh !

I am feeling awful like whole day leh!!
Bloated, nauseous, giddy, grouchy, sleepy.
Totally got no appetite, usually can finish one bowl of noodles but now only had 1/3 only then bloated for the whole day and night. I wish I could puke it out :(

And I feel that my tummy is stretching sooo badly!!
I look like I am 4-5 months pregnant with twins, can't even suck my tummy in! (luckily I am someone who's fleshy to begin with). There's a colleague who constantly joke about my symptoms and yelled loudly I must be pregnant until I got really mad and told her off. I am trying so hard to keep the little bun in oven lor..

Can't wait for the PH (National Day) to come! I need a good long sleep..
oh i am exactly at the "cant suck tummy in "stage. waling around feeling ill and self conscious and it seems SO obvious, right?
Cannot wait for 3rd month to confirm

thanks! it's just that i expected the private rates at govt hospitals to be slightly cheaper than private clinics outside... Dr SL Goh was still at kkh when i had my #1 and #3 there although she wasn't my gynae. Just shows my age.. heh

NUH does have a package but it only starts from 22 weeks onwards at about $980+ but 22 weeks is far away! I think all the prices have gone up after the increase in baby bonus...

thanks! it's just that i expected the private rates at govt hospitals to be slightly cheaper than private clinics outside... Dr SL Goh was still at kkh when i had my #1 and #3 there although she wasn't my gynae. Just shows my age.. heh

NUH does have a package but it only starts from 22 weeks onwards at about $980+ but 22 weeks is far away! I think all the prices have gone up after the increase in baby bonus...

haha they give some then take away some ya? Maybe that's why so many people complain having a kid in SG is too expensive. U power mum, have so many already! *salute*

EDD can suddenly change so far ahead one ah? Oooh i didnt know that! Mine's near urs too, around 9 March. Not much break for Dr Goh :p

Due to baby's size I Guess. Hahaha. Which is better also. Cause if 1st march. I think sure falls on the Feb. Haha!

Due to baby's size I Guess. Hahaha. Which is better also. Cause if 1st march. I think sure falls on the Feb. Haha!

oh? u foresee ur bean will wanna come out to see the world abit earlier?

Btw, anyone considering purchasing maternity insurance?

I am hosting a WhatsApp support group.
However, we hope that the peeps can be more empathy and willing to understand and share the feelings of another.

Please PM me your number if you are keen so we can get it on the track! ;)
Hi can't seem to PM you..

If diagnosed with anything the payout is capped at 5k... don't think it's worth it?

Actly it's the aftercare that I worry about, like e.g. if premature and have to go into ICU/HDU. It happened recently to my fren and her bb was placed in ICU for about 2 weeks after birth. The daily ICU charges chalked up to a fair bit (I didn't ask exactly how much) but from the room rates at the Mt A site, it's gonna be around a daily S$550. It's probably not gonna break the bank but the maternity insurance did save her a few bucks. That's why I'm also considering. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Actly it's the aftercare that I worry about, like e.g. if premature and have to go into ICU/HDU. It happened recently to my fren and her bb was placed in ICU for about 2 weeks after birth. The daily ICU charges chalked up to a fair bit (I didn't ask exactly how much) but from the room rates at the Mt A site, it's gonna be around a daily S$550. It's probably not gonna break the bank but the maternity insurance did save her a few bucks. That's why I'm also considering. :rolleyes:

the insurance will only pay out if the baby is diagnosed with a condition that is covered by the company. Both my #2 and #3 spent time in NICU / Special Care Unit for breathing problems and low oxygen saturation levels; but even if i had bought the maternity insurance their conditions are not amongst those covered. So we would have been unable to make a claim anyway. If you examine the list of conditions and illnesses carefully, the insurance companies only cover those that are very rare and obscure and considered to be major congenital defects; and not the common ones such as breathing in meconium or lung infections etc. My youngest one has a mild heart defect discovered during the 20th week antenatal scan. That one also not covered. In fact when approached by the insurance agents at baby fairs i'll tell them outright that's my baby has been diagnosed with a mild heart defect, do you still want to cover him. They all said sorry and went off to tackle other pregnant mums.

So to me all these maternity insurance is quite pointless. esp if you have the 5k savings which is the most that the insurance will pay on any diagnosis, then might as well not bother. Nowadays there's medishield for all the Sg and PR babies born anyway. My #2 has a rare genetic condition and she was not covered under medishield until the policy changes kicked in in 2013.

what's most important is to get a hospitalisation insurance for the baby as soon as he or she is born. Cos once there are any issues that the baby has it may be excluded from the hospitalisation coverage, so it's best to get that in place first.

haha cool!

Can share the reason u not considering the maternity insurance? I can use some guidance from the expert. ;)

Because the $5k is only covered when the baby is diagnosed with really rare illnesses. And hospital care only $2.5k and there is a terms and conditions applied. And is $100/day.

But of course ultimately; is still the main plan. After 18weeks can buy, even if diagnosed with anything after baby is born, we will still cover the baby as a healthy life.

So it really depends how you see it too. :)

Hi. I'm 7weeks long going 8 soon. (Based on scan last wk)
Was at KKH for Hyperemesis Gravidarium. MS have been very challenging for me. Any tips ladies?

the insurance will only pay out if the baby is diagnosed with a condition that is covered by the company. Both my #2 and #3 spent time in NICU / Special Care Unit for breathing problems and low oxygen saturation levels; but even if i had bought the maternity insurance their conditions are not amongst those covered. So we would have been unable to make a claim anyway. If you examine the list of conditions and illnesses carefully, the insurance companies only cover those that are very rare and obscure and considered to be major congenital defects; and not the common ones such as breathing in meconium or lung infections etc. My youngest one has a mild heart defect discovered during the 20th week antenatal scan. That one also not covered. In fact when approached by the insurance agents at baby fairs i'll tell them outright that's my baby has been diagnosed with a mild heart defect, do you still want to cover him. They all said sorry and went off to tackle other pregnant mums.

So to me all these maternity insurance is quite pointless. esp if you have the 5k savings which is the most that the insurance will pay on any diagnosis, then might as well not bother. Nowadays there's medishield for all the Sg and PR babies born anyway. My #2 has a rare genetic condition and she was not covered under medishield until the policy changes kicked in in 2013.
what's most important is to get a hospitalisation insurance for the baby as soon as he or she is born. Cos once there are any issues that the baby has it may be excluded from the hospitalisation coverage, so it's best to get that in place first.
Because the $5k is only covered when the baby is diagnosed with really rare illnesses. And hospital care only $2.5k and there is a terms and conditions applied. And is $100/day.

But of course ultimately; is still the main plan. After 18weeks can buy, even if diagnosed with anything after baby is born, we will still cover the baby as a healthy life.

So it really depends how you see it too. :)

Roger that ladies, thanks for the invaluable tips ;)

Hi. I'm 7weeks long going 8 soon. (Based on scan last wk)
Was at KKH for Hyperemesis Gravidarium. MS have been very challenging for me. Any tips ladies?

Heylo. I wouldn't say these are tips as I'm also experimenting so just sharing my 2c worth. Personally I find smaller meals, light walks after (if your gynae permits), take smaller sips when drinking water, some small snackings on fruits, dried food like biscuits and nuts in between meals seem to work for me for now. Even though the appetite is not there, I still feel hunger pangs and generally I feel more nauseous when I'm getting hungry. Hence the light snacking in between meals helps in my case. I also try to sleep more these days as the nausea sets in once I'm conscious to the world (abit ostrich mentality I know).

Hang on in there!

Heylo. I wouldn't say these are tips as I'm also experimenting so just sharing my 2c worth. Personally I find smaller meals, light walks after (if your gynae permits), take smaller sips when drinking water, some small snackings on fruits, dried food like biscuits and nuts in between meals seem to work for me for now. Even though the appetite is not there, I still feel hunger pangs and generally I feel more nauseous when I'm getting hungry. Hence the light snacking in between meals helps in my case. I also try to sleep more these days as the nausea sets in once I'm conscious to the world (abit ostrich mentality I know).

Hang on in there!
Thank you!

Hi, am a 1st time mummy to be.Tested positive few days back and reconfirmed with clearblue preg kit with a positive 2-3 wks.

There is a thread on 2018 march mummies alr..u might want to join that..wishing u a wonderful motherhood journey.The most well-preserved objects are usually found in dry and hot climates where nature provides the most suitable environment.The show at the American Museum of Natural History comes from the Fields museum in Chicago.

Not sure about others but I'm kinda struggling with ms everyday so not really in any mood to chat here for now. Maybe after first trim this thread will be more lively...

Any mummies taking panorama test this pregnancy? I took oscar in my first preg. Thinking to take panorama this time round.

Not sure about others but I'm kinda struggling with ms everyday so not really in any mood to chat here for now. Maybe after first trim this thread will be more lively...

Any mummies taking panorama test this pregnancy? I took oscar in my first preg. Thinking to take panorama this time round.

I am going to draw blood tomorrow for the test :(, not a fan of needles at all. Doc suggested I go with harmony so I'll just heed her advice.

MS is an ongoing pain really. I feel u. Are you on Vit B6? If so, does it help for you?

I can feel you. Likewise for me, my energy level is so low these days due to the all day MS
I am drawing blood for the panaroma test next Monday!

hello fellow march mummies~

My EDD is 27 Mar, #2 for me :)
Nice to meet you all.

Just had a scan yesterday at 7 weeks, happy to hear bb heartbeat.

Back