March 2018 Mummies

Congrats all mummies to be! I found out that I am 6 weeks pregnant with EDD in March. Have been feeling very very tired, hungry but don't really feel like eating. This is my first pregnancy and I'm frankly quite lost. So afraid to tell my employer that I am expecting as well.

20170712_105552.jpg

Hi, hv any of u started taking materna milk? Saw this from NTUC just nw bt didnt get it. Thot wanna do some home work 1st before buying;)

Hey babe, I think your gynae will give you a few packets of sample for trial @ your visit.
You may double with with them.

Can try a few different brands/flavours first before you decide which to buy.

@Hibun I'm not going to take the maternity milk cos I put on weight easily and it can make me put on weight unnecessarily. My gynae advised me not to and to just take my calcium supplements and skim/non-fat milk.
If you're the skinny kind of mommy, then go ahead! :) I'm more on the chubby side. Haha. So I'm more cautious of my diet now.

@Hibun I'm not going to take the maternity milk cos I put on weight easily and it can make me put on weight unnecessarily. My gynae advised me not to and to just take my calcium supplements and skim/non-fat milk.
If you're the skinny kind of mommy, then go ahead! :) I'm more on the chubby side. Haha. So I'm more cautious of my diet now.
Ic.. any commercial brand like HL,etc also can right? Do you drink straight from fridge or leavr it till it's nearer to room temp den u drink?

Ic.. any commercial brand like HL,etc also can right? Do you drink straight from fridge or leavr it till it's nearer to room temp den u drink?

Best to avoid UHT milk. Get fresh high calcium and low in fat if possible unless you're not the type that put on weight easily. I would probably drink it cold. Haha. Temperature is jpreferenceence I guess.

Congrats all mummies to be! I found out that I am 6 weeks pregnant with EDD in March. Have been feeling very very tired, hungry but don't really feel like eating. This is my first pregnancy and I'm frankly quite lost. So afraid to tell my employer that I am expecting as well.

Hi! Congrats and welcome to the group! Haha. Yeah I guess we are all feeling pretty tired since we're all creating little ones in our wombs ;)
Any questions or concerns just ask us. We are all here to help one another :D
For work - I will probably just tell my in-charge or something.

Hello everyone, i would like to ask if anybody has gone through a cesearen scar pregnancy before? Anybody have it recurrent? I had mine in October, my menses is is late and I am absolutely terrified.

Hi Lisa, I had a c - sect but that was 8 years ago! Think 1 year would be safe but better to check with your gynae cos it differs for individuals.

Didnt get any stretching discomfort from my lower abdom which i normally do at least a few times on and off, n also my nausea kinda disappear...pray that its not anyth bad happening...* fingers cross *

May I know how often is the gynae visit and scan for first trims?

I guess it depends on your condition and past pregnancies. Can vary from every 2 weeks to 3 or 4 weeks I think.
As for me, I'm seeing every 2 weeks for now.

Didnt get any stretching discomfort from my lower abdom which i normally do at least a few times on and off, n also my nausea kinda disappear...pray that its not anyth bad happening...* fingers cross *

My giddyness and lower abdom discomfort also suddenly disappeared. I cant feel anything now too.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply @tinklebbdust @beac.

Got a call from my gynae that I indeed have bacterial infection and he suggested that I should take the antibotics now because of my previous miscarriages. Even though for others, he usually won't start the medication until 8 weeks.

His advise always make me more worried.

Anyone has got any affordable gynae to recommend?

Thinking of switching mine.

Thanks in advance ladies.

Hi all, Im a first time mum. Had my first scan last friday, at 5 weeks, I couldnt see the embryo, only saw the sac . Im am having brown spottings and put on duphaston. But the spotting did not stop. Any one has the same issue?

Anyone feeling cold
Hi all, Im a first time mum. Had my first scan last friday, at 5 weeks, I couldnt see the embryo, only saw the sac . Im am having brown spottings and put on duphaston. But the spotting did not stop. Any one has the same issue?

Spotting could be due to many reasons i.e. polyps.
Did your gynae say anything?

Hi Zapple,
I have been on duphaston since week 4 and was having brown spotting since last Sunday ( week 5) . Saw my gynae on Monday and he said it may be due to a couple of reasons -the womb expanding etc. No cause for alarm and to continue duphaston. However , the spotting came back on tue again , I went to another gynae to seek for second opinion yesterday and he gave me a progesterone jab . This morning , there was reduced - very tiny amount of brown stain .
You may want to call your doc again? Does the spotting comes with cramps? If it doesn't, it's less of a worry.

Old wives tales, cold feet = expecting baby boy ... Hehehee :)
Hahaa.. i don mind ! although i prefer a gal more anyway, mine is more on my 2 legs.. maybe its cos of the cooling weather lately i guess... wait a few more days and see hw isit.

Yah leh..
I used to be like cannot live without aircon and only afraid of warmness.
Now I macam feel cold all the time like that, siao one lor..

AND I weighted myself yesterday at night after dinner, I was 2kg lighter!!

Yah leh..
I used to be like cannot live without aircon and only afraid of warmness.
Now I macam feel cold all the time like that, siao one lor..

AND I weighted myself yesterday at night after dinner, I was 2kg lighter!!
Wha 2kg! Think im at least 2kg heavier is it cos u r nt able to eat well n cant slp well at night?

I feeling hungry very often but then no appetite, ate a bit only and that's it.
I also dont know leh..
I heard some people lose weight during their 1st trimester. So don worry ok.. wkend is coming, try n tk plenty of rest, maybe you are too tired thats why.

I heard some people lose weight during their 1st trimester. So don worry ok.. wkend is coming, try n tk plenty of rest, maybe you are too tired thats why.

Hahaha I am not worrying, I am happy that I lose weight.
This beanie is so sweet. I love my beanie!!

Hi all Mummies!!!

ive been ttc my first for the past 5 months now but unfortunately no positive results yet. i do have a regular menstrual cycle of 29 days. sorry if this is a personal qn. But do you mummies try to have intercourse with your partners every week even out of your ovulating window or just that week of ovulating window or?..... any suggestions or tips?

Hi everyone! I just got my positive test this morning. Have had a few recurrent miscarriages in the past 7-8 months so i'm quite anxious about how this pregnancy will turn out. Already have 3 kids so my gynae didn't want to do further testing... Fingers crossed that this one will be a sticky bean!

Hi everyone! I just got my positive test this morning. Have had a few recurrent miscarriages in the past 7-8 months so i'm quite anxious about how this pregnancy will turn out. Already have 3 kids so my gynae didn't want to do further testing... Fingers crossed that this one will be a sticky bean!

Congratulations!

Hi everyone!
Did anyone hear before vaginal ultrasound is harmful for early pregnancy? Was just randomly doing some research on the risk of vaginal ultrasound and read from a forum that many mummies actually said that it causes miscarriage soon after that did a v. Scan.
Any inputs ladies? Scheduled to do my early scanning next wk but im worried if i shd go ahead now.

Hi everyone!
Did anyone hear before vaginal ultrasound is harmful for early pregnancy? Was just randomly doing some research on the risk of vaginal ultrasound and read from a forum that many mummies actually said that it causes miscarriage soon after that did a v. Scan.
Any inputs ladies? Scheduled to do my early scanning next wk but im worried if i shd go ahead now.

I did v scan when during my 5 week and able to see a sac. U can check with your gynaecologist on your concern.

Can I check what are the supplement and mg for first trims? I am finding my own multivitamin and I find it hard to swallow.

Hi everyone!

i had vaginal ultrasound done for each of my 3 kids as well as the ones that i miscarried. For the 2 miscarriages the baby had no heartbeat, so it has nothing to do with whether a vaginal scan was done.

I did v scan when during my 5 week and able to see a sac. U can check with your gynaecologist on your concern.

Can I check what are the supplement and mg for first trims? I am finding my own multivitamin and I find it hard to swallow.
Ive been taking folid acid 400mg since ttc and still taking this dosage. Other than that nth else. Will check with my gynae what other kind of supp i shd tk for my up coming appt. I also make sure i drink 1-2 cups of milk and at least 2 servings of veg ( esp spinach) and 1-2 hard boiled egg white everyday.

Ive been taking folid acid 400mg since ttc and still taking this dosage. Other than that nth else. Will check with my gynae what other kind of supp i shd tk for my up coming appt. I also make sure i drink 1-2 cups of milk and at least 2 servings of veg ( esp spinach) and 1-2 hard boiled egg white everyday.
I have nvr take milk cause I dislike. But I think I have to start to bb. May I know why's the reason for taking egg white?

I have nvr take milk cause I dislike. But I think I have to start to bb. May I know why's the reason for taking egg white?
Ya i also don drink milk cos of my pcos condition, but im drinking nw for the calcium. Egg is gd for its protein and omega 3 fatty acid. So i will try to tk hard boiled 1-2 egg everyday if possible.

hi moms to be.
first timer and 6w along..
been feeling v tired, cold easily and frequently hungry but no appetite and nausea (sometimes confused between the two). have not made gynae appt bcos still deciding which one to choose. kinda paranoid abt the first scan. but gotta remind myself, POSITIVITY!

i don't drink milk cos i hate it. i only jus started folic acid (i wish i started before pregnancy) . and i don't eat enuff vege/fruits.
i def need those prenatal suppl. am trying to eat 1-2 organic cage free eggs daily even tho it gross me out now that i'm preggie. i eat the yolk too tho. any reason to avoid the yolk?

also, betw TMC and MENH, which one is preferred ? i heard TMC has top notch nurses.
thanks to share!

Last edited:
hi , mummy with 3 boys just tested positive via home kit... having a hell lot of mixed feelings.

I saw that 2 mummies here seems to have created a fb / whatsapp grp.. issit the same grp? who shall I send my email to? Many thanks.

Hi ladies, Congrats to all mar moms-to-be. This will be my first pregnancy. Went for blood test yesterday and am 6 weeks preggie Mixed feeling as I'm 40, keeping fingers crossed that everything will be fine

Today I'm experiencing cramp and acute pain in my left ovary and backache for the whole day . This is worrying. This is the feeling I have before menses.

Back