Looking for gynae who talks alittle more?

piggy1803

Hihi. I am 7 weeks pregnant- 1st pregnancy. Had my 1st appt w Prof John Tee yest at kkh.
Initially wanted tmc, but becuz of some medical history worried that i might have a higher risk for complications, thus went to kkh instead.
But Prof Tee really chop chop. 1st appt less than 10mins done, including scan. Found him not really sincere. He asked me questions looking at a piece of paper, then his speed of talking was like a bullet and when i ask him about my medical condition and how it will affect my pregnancy..he didnt say much, no reassurance too. Isit really becuz he is popular so he got to see his patients so fast?
Need help! Should i change gynae?? Anyone can recommend? No need to talk super alot, but at least sound abit more sincere and really want to have a conversation rather than just want to complete this patient kind of thing.
Need advice pls!! Thanks!

hi piggy1803. Just to share. I'm with Prof Tee too but I've only see him once mid of last month. My next appt with him is end of this month. I agree he is chop-chop and the whole session was pretty fast. I guess nothing wrong so not much to talk about? He also did my amnio test for me last week and I thought his relationship with the nurses seems quite good. Still can joke and stuff. And he was super fast with the test which I also thought was very good. I went to him because I read in the forum that he is decisive and I don't want a Dr who will might not be able to make a swift decision in case of any complications. Hopefully all goes well for me!

Hi mama37! Thanks for your reply!!! I guess what u said is true too! In case of complications at least he is experience and all...probably going to try going for my next appt and see how. Take care too!!

My wife and I use Clifton Chan at Singapore Women's Clinic at Clementi.

He's SUPER easygoing about dos-and-don'ts and is willing to answer questions. Husbands might want to be aware that he treats the wives as his first priority and doesn't speak much to the men in the room.

Clifton: "There's the image (on the ultrasound). Oh! Do you want to know the gender?"
Me and Wife: "Yes, please!"

Wife and I had previously agreed that we'd both want to know.

Clifton: "I was asking HER, not you. Your opinion doesn't really count here."
Me: ...

Most gynae in kkh are chop chop one as there are so many patient in the queue, they don't have much time to chit chat if your case is ok, at the same time they have a lot of paperwork to fill up during the section. It's positive if your section is short and swift. Try to note down your concern n question and ask during check ups.
Take care.

Back