JTS: DIY hairclips

hi

eliz,

nice buttons. me oso tryin to do the buttons oso.

purple,

received yr email.

curiousgal & jing,

the fabrics look nice.

all mummies,

chiantown do sell this kind of fabrics like honlili mention

angeline

hi all
anyone can teach me how to do pacifier clip? i mean the part which has a button to clip onto. Not referring to both parts having clip on like a suspender. where do we get such button n how to do it? thanks

Hi Joanne,
I think that type of button need to get from Sewing shops. Not sure if Spotlight got, I never tried looking for it.

Does anyone want to share to get buttons from Etsy?
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5010363&section_id=5242366
I'm keen to get the 1.5inch buttons to make hair ties for myself, will probably get the kit at US$3 and the 12 buttons set at US$5.50. Need US$35 for free international shipping. Can't find this size at Daiso.

If you've gotten the buttons kit from Daiso (4 for $2) and would like to get more buttons, maybe you want to join me? The 1+1/8inch buttons is 100 for US$27, works out to be abt S$0.41 per button. Since same size as Daiso's should be able to use the same tool to make. I can coordinate if you wanna share for the buttons. Anyone?

Hi Jing,
Can i have up to Mon to respond? Cos i want to measure the size of the buttons tt I am getting to confirm that the 1+1/8inch buttons is fitting for the maker tt I buy.

email me [email protected]

K Ong
my web - myaccessoriespage.webs.com

Hair tie: I simply poke thru' the wire behind and tie a knot.
Hair clip: I use the Clover glue. Dries overnight and stays put. If your clip is very flat, can use wire cutter to cut the wire behind the button.

Hi mummies,
have just bought the russian dolls fabric today at chinatown... they have red, white and green... $16/yard, $8 for half a yard...

anyone knows where to get this felt aka die cutter? i went to spotlight , the person told me there is no such thing.. =/.wasted my cab fare there. anyway how much does it cost ah?

There is this die cutting maker called Big Shotz (Sizzix brand). Cost about $180 (can check out Plaza Sing level 3 - there's a scrapbook shop).

You need to buy their dies (templates) costs about 40 to 50 bucks each (but too expensive).

I bought mine from Amazon and ship over is still a little cheaper. I bought my dies from USA.

There is another brand called cuttlebug, but I don't know where is selling and how much is it.

There is actually free templates (forgot the links now, I googled upon them) on some crafts site, can go print and cut the shapes ourselves - so needn't buy.

hi ! does anyone know where i can buy the alligator clips (just the plain metal ones) online in singapore or overseas ?? online preferred
Thanks !

joanne
i dun mind buying the pacifier clips but for the button maker, i will buy frm daiso.. will measure the buttons then order in bulk for the buttons with u? I will go daiso tis weekend to get ur PINK SNAP CLIPS (for pacifier clips) & my button maker (XL size)

but u sure tis webby ships to sin? cos only see tt it ships to US and canada?

Hi Joanne,
I also keen to buy buttons coz i bought the button maker from daiso already!

Do pm me if ordering ya..

hi curiousgal,

u are buying the snap clips (for pacifier clips)? the pic u posted earlier. the metal snap clips rite?? can help me buy oso let me kne where u got it, can??

angeline

shuyi
yes, i am goin tis weekend.. buy at daiso one..
gt white, pink n blue.. hubby find its very ex for a set of 8 at $2.. might source for cheaper ones at those sewing shops if gt time..

PM me if u wan to buy.. i can post to u...

hi mummies,

wow... you all are great with your fingers leh... can make all the nice nice clips, ponytail thingy too... great... me doesnt have the taste of "art" and "artistic fingers" too...

i think i found the snap also from etsy. later go search again but only white colour.

curiousgal, the person does ship elsewhere for pacifier clip.
for the button cover, u want me to order together too or u going to buy all from daiso?

Hi mommies

Do you have problem with the alligator clips getting rusty? I found that my gal's clips started to rust, those that she uses very frequently.

Is it only partially-lined clip will rust? Does it help to fully-line the clip?

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Joannelim & Jing/Sparkletot
I wan to order:
1) Pacifier Clips
2) Metal Buttons (i bought the BIGGEST maker from Daiso so does it fits the 1-1/8 inch buttons)

Please email if ordering is confirmed cos i seldom check back tis thread..

Hi Joannelim,

Me interested in pacifier clip n nickel if anyone wan to share.

nez,
Wana share the nickel?

Pls let me know if u start to order, ok?

ice, i might order 25pcs, so u can hv 5pcs if u dun mind?
happy.gif

Any mommies if wanna order, pls rem to include me! TIA!

I also would like to order the 1.5inch button maker and buttons to use. Who is doing the spree? I won't be able to organise as I'm due anytime (late Aug to early Sept according to Gynae) and am really busy trying to clear my work.

nez,

Sure, no problem.

Joannelim,

Are you gg to order? If u cant, i dun mind helping in ordering.

Hihi...

Alright, i dun mind organising the spree...
Those interested, please email me ur orders from this seller... Will order by next mon..

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5510563

Please email me in this order:
URL:
Description:
Price:
Quantity:

Need to transfer the items cost to my acc before i place orders, shippping will be divided out once items is in... Exchange rate based on 1.5SGD = USD1

[email protected]

Sanrio Fabric - Eliz/Joanne
It should be arriving somewhere this weekend or early next week, as advised by the seller... It usually takes 10 days to ship and item was shipped on Aug 15.. Will update again...

Thanks for organising.

I would like the:
1. 1.5" Maker
2. At least 20 No.s of the Size 60 cover buttons

How much?

hi icelim
can help us order? hard to manage with my baby boy.
so pacifier clips n nickel from everythingribbon n hw about the button cover? same shop? or the one jing recommended?

hi Joannelim,

curiousgal had offer to help us order le. So i will oso order from her so that we can get better shipping rate.

curiousgal,

Is it as long as we get the order for more than US50, we get 10% off? If 150 will hv 15%.

Last call for Etsy Order...
I will place orders this evening at 6pm.
If u wan to order, drop me an email and i will give u account number for 1st payment (item cost only) & 2nd payment (shipping + postages or conversion change) when the item is in..

[email protected]

hi curiousgal
did u order for me? u said to wait for u on msn on monday but i never see u. only saw this forum msg after 7pm today.. so did u order ?

if u didnt, nevermind.. i will order them from another source.

Hi,

Anyone encounter the head band- pony O's bot from hipgirls or rabom snap off easily? Cos when i use to tie my gal hair n it break off from the opening. And it happen a few pcs. How to prevent it from breaking off? need to gule the sealing part again?

jing
very well done leh.. so cute. too bad i dont have daughter lah, or else might do the same thing.
perhaps i should go dig some of my son's and improvise too haha.

Back