JTS: DIY hairclips

***DAISO FABRIC BUTTON MAKER***

Who needs to buy Daiso Button Maker? I am making a trip down, dun mind buying on behalf if you make the collection yourself at Sengkang or Postage beared by you. Just called and checked that Vivo City have the stock for all sizes..

***FELT SHEETS IN DIFFERENT SHADES***
Anyone care to share felt sheets? I intend to buy a few colours but no use for the whole big piece, dun mind sharing if you are keen..

email me, [email protected]

hi Mummies,

Have just tried to DIY sme hairclps. See pic. have done extra. all brand new. like to clear as do too many for my nieces.

2720411.jpg
$3.5o per pair
2720412.jpg
$3.90 each

hi curiousgal,

the DAISO FABRIC BUTTON MAKER is $2 rite? do other daiso outlets have?

angeline

Only just realised this thread is still alive!
happy.gif

Just to share my creations too. All done last night.
2722165.jpg

hi jing/sparkletots(kcc),

nice hairclips. hw u make it? where u but those buttons?

can teach me to do the ribbons with the buttons?

got c mine? i oso try to make

angeline

Hi Shuyi,

Yes I saw. Like those bought in the shop.
happy.gif

Basically I make the bow by sewing, then after that sew the buttons on it. Buttons are similar to those bought from Daiso. Hope that helps.

hi curiousgal,

can take a pic on the DAISO FABRIC BUTTON MAKER to see hw it look like. thanxs veri much

thanxs. if i dun knw i will ask again

angeline

hi,

i dun haf a pic of it now. i am goin down tml to purchase it.. i wont be goin down soon after tml. so u haf to let me knw if u need help to get. if nt i can still post pic after i buy it but u haf to go n buy it urself?

hi gals,

can check, those ribbons with "stitches on both edges", do u stitch them urself? or it is a pattern on the ribbon? what is the proper term for that? thanks.

tht nice. by the way, where u stay? mayb can meet to do the clips 2gether. heehee

i stay at woodlands dr 60

angeline

hi Jing/ Sparkletots, your fabric buttons are so nice and professional. Where did you buy these fabrics to fit the buttons?

hi curiousgal,

i went to vivo daiso on sat, n have check with one of the girls there n she said they do nt have DAISO FABRIC BUTTON MAKER .

hi Jing/ Sparkletots,

i went to vivo daiso on sat, n have check with one of the girls there n she said they do nt have the buttons there.

Shuyi,
I work lah... Need the money.
happy.gif
I've seen the fabric buttons sold at Daiso at PlazaSing. But I've not gone there recently to see.

popuri,
Some fabric eg. Flower ones bought from etsy where ppl sell their fabric scraps. Others bought from Chinatown.

Thanks, these are really nice. There is this scrapbook store at Plaza Sing level 3, I inquired about their fabric buttons before (already made one), they are selling one button for > $5 (I cannot recall the exact price, but it shocked me).

I want to be a regular in this thread, because I like diy too, hope to learn from one another!
happy.gif

hi jing/sparkletots,

mind let me knw if nxt time u buyin those fabrics scrap.. so tt i can also make more fabric buttons.. tks..

hi curiousgal,

i went to vivo daiso on sat, n have check with one of the girls there n she said they do nt have DAISO FABRIC BUTTON MAKER .

hi Jing/ Sparkletots

anyway to contact u?

angeline

Shuyi,
it is at the sewing sections, i realised the gals there do not knw their products.. i had a hard time describing and explainin when i called up to check stock.. u need to find it urself..

Popuri
yes, it is a metal snap clip. nt by sewing, by hammering it in.. can get frm sewing shops liao.. but diff to find though..

curiousgal, thank you for sharing
happy.gif

Shuyi, can try Plaza Sing Daiso, usually display next to the threads, needles etc.,

Hi Shuyi,
Can PM or email me.
happy.gif

Regarding fabric buttons, actually I got in bulk from Etsy.

If there are enough ppl who want to buy, why not consider getting from this shop:
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5010363&section_id=5122351

Any purchase of US$35 you get free international shipping. So if you get say a button cover kit at US$3 each + 100 buttons at US$27, then share among the ppl... I think it is more ex than Daiso by a bit, but then you dun keep looking ard.

curiousgal,
i actually PM u the other day on my BP for pacifier clips... think you miss it...

shuyi,
i got them from overseas...
happy.gif

Hi Mummies,

Can i know what glue to use other then gun glue? Gun Glue like dry very fast, i wanted to try DIY Hair clip for my ger using aligator clip. Any mummies willing to teach me?

Hi curiousgal,
Have to source the fabric you want. Actually Chinatown, Arab St, Spotlight got a lot of fabrics to choose from, not necessary get from Etsy.

Hi Jenni,
I use this Clover brand Glue which I got from Golden Dragon Store.

It is basically white all-purpose handicraft glue. Dries overnight and turns transparent when dry. It dries slow enough for me to slowly adjust my ribbons. 1 small bottle at $2.90 but last me very long.

I think can find the same type of glue in stationery shops.

huajing
i dun haf the pacakging. my hubby accidentally threw it away..

shuyi
i bought it frm a shop in AMK... near market..

pink piglet
can buy frm Daiso, search online for links/images

all
i haf some ribbons up for exchange. u can see frm my webbie.. www.myaccessoriespage.webs.com

Oh I bought the Sanrio fabric from this seller beautifulwork:
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6191118

She/he's quite reliable. Shipping depends on item that you buy. Do note the measurement of the cartoon on the cloth- if the kitty face is too big, you can't really use it to cover the buttons.

They also have these really kawaii clay making sets to make these mini food items, like donuts, cakes, etc. Maybe one day will buy and try...
happy.gif

Back