IVF with KKH (Dr Matthew Lau)

Oh gosh!!! Just now while I was drying myself after shower, I noticed fine tiny hair growing on my tummy. Eek.. Quite awful leh.. and a dark vertical line running down from my belly button.. :rolleyes:
Do u all still have virginal discharge? I'm having some whitish. I guess shld be normal bah..

Oh gosh!!! Just now while I was drying myself after shower, I noticed fine tiny hair growing on my tummy. Eek.. Quite awful leh.. and a dark vertical line running down from my belly button.. :rolleyes:
Do u all still have virginal discharge? I'm having some whitish. I guess shld be normal bah..
It's normal to have discharge. May even have more compared to pre pregnancy. But the fine hair, not everyone has.

I haven seen the vertical line yet. Sometimes have the discharge too.

Piggy1327, how about drinking ginger tea? See if it helps. Maybe will ease your vomiting. Working wise ok?
I'm fine. Sometimes cramp, tired, nausea no appetite. . how many weeks are u in alrd?
Haven try yet.. will try n see but where to buy ginger tea? buy fr indian stall better or pkt type? I on hl till 7 may.. really cant work cos my journey to work takes me ard 1 hr n only by bus... im in ard 9wks oredi.. how abt u :)

Haven try yet.. will try n see but where to buy ginger tea? buy fr indian stall better or pkt type? I on hl till 7 may.. really cant work cos my journey to work takes me ard 1 hr n only by bus... im in ard 9wks oredi.. how abt u :)
I think supermarkets sell those sachets of ginger powder. Just Add in hot water. Wow.. 9 weeks leh.. that's fast! :D:D I'm week 7 today. Also on hl till 30th may, will be week 10 then :)
Yours is twin too, same as cheerywalnuts. Must be extra careful and take care. ;)

I think supermarkets sell those sachets of ginger powder. Just Add in hot water. Wow.. 9 weeks leh.. that's fast! :D:D I'm week 7 today. Also on hl till 30th may, will be week 10 then :)
Yours is twin too, same as cheerywalnuts. Must be extra careful and take care. ;)
no, mine not twin only singleton... but is ok.. as long as bb is healthy :D.. btw can preggy lady drink cold water?

no, mine not twin only singleton... but is ok.. as long as bb is healthy :D.. btw can preggy lady drink cold water?
Paisey. . I forgot le.. yep we want healthy bb.. ;) I've been drinking plain water. Room temp, not from fridge or iced. But just now, I took few sips of iced carrot juice from hubby's. :D tot of starting to drink fresh milk since I've finally finished my ensure milk powder.

Ya have to force myself to eat lor.. cos later still got food to throw up meh :D at least bb still got food to eat... How r u all? must take care too ;););)
Piggy1327, just now I felt v nausea and had a cup of hot instant campbell soup. It helps to ease the discomfort. Maybe u want to try that. ;)

Hi all,
May I check how to have thick lining? To drink red bean soup everyday and longgan drink? what other food can boost thick lining? Thank you in advance :)

Hi all,
May I check how to have thick lining? To drink red bean soup everyday and longgan drink? what other food can boost thick lining? Thank you in advance :)

hi, so far i only know red bean soup helps to have thick lining…

red dates and longan drinks is to keep womb warm...

I got thick lining so i never drink. I guess is 2 to 3 times a week?

Maybe the rest of the ladies can help you since they drink it...

Hi doraemon, I'm not quite consistent with the red bean soup intake. Sometimes I would take it for consecutive few days. Sometimes on alternate days. Usually just bought from the foodcourt.

Piggy1327, tmr gg back to work? Take care and be careful. Bring some snacks with u in case u feel like vomiting while on the bus.

Hello All,

It has been a very long while since I last posted.

Been trying since 2010 and only succeeded in my 3rd fresh IVF cycle under Dr Foong of Gleneagles last year. Delivered my baby girl in April who will be turning one month tomorrow.

Will be returning 100 eggs at the temple at Sengkang (beside the Buddhist temple and another Hindu temple) tomorrow morning. Previously took 2 red eggs from this temple from a couple who returned Zhu Sheng Niang Niang's blessings so it's my turn to return blessings and I hope to be able to help other couples.

Good luck and baby dust to all.

Hi Cherrywalnuts, sumikimo83,
Thanks for you advise :) am waiting for my conselling on the 30 May 14, and do some blood test, will wait till Mid June for the actual IVF, hope everything is in the good Hands of the GOD. Praying hard.

You will be in good hands. Stay positive. =)

Hi All,

Have been a silent reader and congrats to all who have BFP-ed. The feeling must be incredible and wonderous :)

I am turning 31, and husband, 33, and we have been seeing Dr Lau for almost a year. To cut long story short, he recommended IVF for us when we saw him in Feb, after seeing that DH's sperm test results were not improving. We originally decided to start on a long protocol this month, but this would most likely be pushed back due to some changes on our side.

Could I just check with you ladies if any of your husbands did face male factor infertility (i.e. sperm issues with morphology and motility etc), and hence embarked on this journey and managed to succeed? My husband has always wished for us to conceive naturally (don't we all?!), although I myself have some issues, and i know that his results came as a disappointment to him too.

Great that there is this platform for me to share. In the meanwhile, all we can do is keep the faith and hope for a miracle, this journey is really not easy, kudos to all of you!

Hi All,

Have been a silent reader and congrats to all who have BFP-ed. The feeling must be incredible and wonderous :)

I am turning 31, and husband, 33, and we have been seeing Dr Lau for almost a year. To cut long story short, he recommended IVF for us when we saw him in Feb, after seeing that DH's sperm test results were not improving. We originally decided to start on a long protocol this month, but this would most likely be pushed back due to some changes on our side.

Could I just check with you ladies if any of your husbands did face male factor infertility (i.e. sperm issues with morphology and motility etc), and hence embarked on this journey and managed to succeed? My husband has always wished for us to conceive naturally (don't we all?!), although I myself have some issues, and i know that his results came as a disappointment to him too.

Great that there is this platform for me to share. In the meanwhile, all we can do is keep the faith and hope for a miracle, this journey is really not easy, kudos to all of you!
Hi charlottejulie, I'm 31 this year and my hb 38. I started to see dr lau last year and v quickly, we decided on ivf. Reason: hubby has low sperm quality and quantity. success rate for clomid and iui is low. Dr lau wants my hubby to stop smoking. He wasn't able to but cut down alot during my ivf procedure. And had always been on supplements recommended by Dr lau. On my part, I really watch my diet about a month before the ivf. 6 egg whites per day, longan red date tea, folic acid, ensure milk, Brazil nuts and no cold drinks.
Tell your hubby not to be disappointed. Have faith and be positive. :D

Hi sumiko83, may i check with you, for the egg whites how you prepare there? Hardboil the eggs? and just throw away the egg yolk? where can i buy this Brazil nuts? Ensure milk any favour isit? drink twice a day?

Hi sumiko83, may i check with you, for the egg whites how you prepare there? Hardboil the eggs? and just throw away the egg yolk? where can i buy this Brazil nuts? Ensure milk any favour isit? drink twice a day?
Can be hardboil or half boil. Yep I threw egg yolk away. U can buy the brazil nuts from nuts and nibble, cold storage and pats oven. Hubby also can eat the brazil nuts as well. 3 to 5 pcs per day. For me, I prefer the chocolate flavour milk powder. U can buy a small tin to try, see if u like it. I only drink once a day. ;)

Hi Sumiko83,
Thanks for your advise, so i should start with the egg white today? My actual IVF is in Mid Jun
Hi doraemon21, u can start anytime soon. Maybe start with alternate days then switch to daily. U can also search online for ivf diet and read up more. :)

Hi All,

Hi Charlotte julie, have ur husband went for a thorough check wat actually went wrong on his side. For our case, initially my husband had blockage (to cut short my story), which make his sperm low quantity n no good quality. He went surgery n now he's back to normal. But well we are also now wz tcm to tiao my body n take things as it comes. I can say u guys are still young, chances of pregnant is on a higher chance. Find the roots of the problem n act on it. :)

Hi Pkp and sumiko83, tks for the advice and encouragement.

Pkp, can i ask, how do we know if husband needs to go for further checks? All we have done so far for his side was semen analysis twice, and doc suggested IVF upon seeing the results, so we din noe what further thorough check up we could request for or do. He has been taking supplements, tcm, weekly accu, exercise, but no improvement, so dunno whether ivf is the last resort.

As of now, we are just taking one step at a time. :rolleyes: Tks ladies!

Hi Pkp and sumiko83, tks for the advice and encouragement.

Pkp, can i ask, how do we know if husband needs to go for further checks? All we have done so far for his side was semen analysis twice, and doc suggested IVF upon seeing the results, so we din noe what further thorough check up we could request for or do. He has been taking supplements, tcm, weekly accu, exercise, but no improvement, so dunno whether ivf is the last resort.

As of now, we are just taking one step at a time. :rolleyes: Tks ladies!
Charlottejulie, my husband went to sperm check. There is on the surface i suppose
Thereafter, our gynae get him to go tru ultrascan n then discover his liver blood went tru the testicles which is not supppose to. Then go for surgery n block the blood stream not to let the blood flow frm liver to testicles. Hope my explaination is clear.

Charlottejulie, my husband went to sperm check. There is on the surface i suppose
Thereafter, our gynae get him to go tru ultrascan n then discover his liver blood went tru the testicles which is not supppose to. Then go for surgery n block the blood stream not to let the blood flow frm liver to testicles. Hope my explaination is clear.
U might want to ask dr lau what causes the sperm to have low quality and ask for his advice?

Gd morn ladies!!! Something to share here: http://sg.******************/thomson-medical-ultrasound-scan-contest/

Hope things are going well so far. ;)

Attachments

• 1399947406894.jpg
    1399947406894.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 187
Hi cheerywalnuts, just finished my appt at 4 plus. My bb is week 11 alrd, tot week 10. Bb is well, swimming inside and waving his little hand. Haha but can't see the features clearly. Gg to schedule for oscar scan in 2 weeks time and see doc lau again in 6 weeks time.
I haven't been too well for the past few days, was having sore throat. Now bad cough until vomit and headache. Seen western doc twice but didn't get better. Then ytd went eu yang seng see chi doc. Now better alrd.
How r u so far and the rest? Piggy1327, meiling and niece?

Is it too heaty from the spicy food? Take care n rest well. Drink lotsa water. Need to go back sch next wk? Start of June hols next wk.
Yap! Me too in wk 11 yesterday. We only 2 days difference ;) ur beanie so cute!
How big is ur beanie now?
I m gg for review next wk then oscar in 2wks time too! Then another 3 wks later for next review .

U book ur detailed scan date together too? Mine in early Aug :) can't wait for aug Haha

How are the rest of the ladies? :)

Yep I think it's all the heaty and spicy food. Gg bk to sch on fri for a closure coz hl till tmr. So fast. Haha.. my beanie is 55 mm. Yes book the detailed scan too it's on 6 Aug. V angry with hubby. He lost the scan photo just now. :mad:

Yep I think it's all the heaty and spicy food. Gg bk to sch on fri for a closure coz hl till tmr. So fast. Haha.. my beanie is 55 mm. Yes book the detailed scan too it's on 6 Aug. V angry with hubby. He lost the scan photo just now. :mad:
Wow that's very good! Growing very well! Looking forward to my scan next wk;)

Mb drop in the car or misplace somewhere? Don't angry k try to find it :) I always keep in a folder once the lady pass to me w the report. Took photos of the report to monitor the growing size too

Good to see beanie again ya~~~

Next week my turn to see beanie~~~

Oh ya i got a call from cordlife ytd. Think they wanna intro their plans to me... I was thinking of donating instead of storing... Haven discuss with hubby...

Sumiko, i think u eat too much heaty food liao~ weather so bad also. Rest well.

I hope haze dont come back next month...

Wow that's very good! Growing very well! Looking forward to my scan next wk;)

Mb drop in the car or misplace somewhere? Don't angry k try to find it :) I always keep in a folder once the lady pass to me w the report. Took photos of the report to monitor the growing size too
No he dropped in tps. The thought of my bb photo being thrown away, seated on or stepped makes me v upset. :( shldnt have ask him to hold on coz he's a blur f**k. :D
Dr lau asked me to stop duphaston once I complete it tmr and take one more week of folic acid. Then after tt take ganilia. It has to be taken before bkft and if taking milk, an hour before it.

Good to see beanie again ya~~~

Next week my turn to see beanie~~~

Oh ya i got a call from cordlife ytd. Think they wanna intro their plans to me... I was thinking of donating instead of storing... Haven discuss with hubby...

Sumiko, i think u eat too much heaty food liao~ weather so bad also. Rest well.

I hope haze dont come back next month...
Donating your snowbb?? Yep I had too much heaty food. Now only bread and porridge. Beanie is bored with these food. Haha..

Back