IVF with KKH (Dr Matthew Lau)

Ya. Actually quite ex but no harm doing.

looking forward to my oscar scan. Still got 4 weeks more... I have not been seeing beanie for 2 weeks but it seems very long~~~
Yap but worth to do it. :)

My bt and scan is 3 wks apart. So ur scan and review with dr lau is same day?

Hi Meilingg, Niece n cherry walnuts, am new in this thread, today is my 1st appointment with Dr Lau, hope I m in good hands, am quite anxious, as I had failed my SOIUI with a private clinic, currently q ing to go for the actual Ivf in June, may I check with u all, after the puregon jabs for a few days, do we go back to kkh to do an ultrasound to see if the follicles is growing every alternate days? Also after the extraction of the eggs will straight away get 2 weeks hospitalization leave? Or only after the implantation than will get Hospitalization leave?

Hi Meilingg, Niece n cherry walnuts, am new in this thread, today is my 1st appointment with Dr Lau, hope I m in good hands, am quite anxious, as I had failed my SOIUI with a private clinic, currently q ing to go for the actual Ivf in June, may I check with u all, after the puregon jabs for a few days, do we go back to kkh to do an ultrasound to see if the follicles is growing every alternate days? Also after the extraction of the eggs will straight away get 2 weeks hospitalization leave? Or only after the implantation than will get Hospitalization leave?
Doraemon21, welcome! Have u been transferred to ivf center? Need to go through bt & counselling before u can start the program. On d2 of ur menses, u will need to call up ivf center to go for a scan first b4 getting the meds for the jabs.
Yes you will be told to go back for scans during ur stimulation phase to monitor ur follicles n lining.
Once egg retrieval u will be given abt 20 days of hl follow by ur embryo transfer procedure then tww ;)

Hi Cherry walnuts,
Nope I have not been tf to ivf centre yet, Dr Lau said to wait for 2 weeks for the ivf centre to call me and go down for the counseling than sign some forms. next week going for Ultrasound and see Doc Lau again.

Sumiko83, back home already? Bed rest more k. These few days I having been feeling very sleepy. Spent all my time on the bed only get up to eat & shower. Had bad ls yesterday after lunch dunno why too until legs felt jelly. Lucky stop b4 dinner and manage to reload during dinner.

maybe. but abit weird cos the shuttle bus is from kkh to novena… or maybe is the earlier batch or what…
Guess mb someone bought fresh fish from mkt then go visiting :)
Fully understand the puke feeling. Recently if I take bus or train, smell anything unpleasant will want to puke too. DH say good good ms symptoms. Lol

Welcome @doraemon21!
So far most of us got good experience with dr lau. =)

For me i started the stimulation for a week and then go back for my first scan. After that i went back like for another 1 or 2 times and ready for er.

Yup after egg retrieval, thats when hosptialisation leave starts. Mines was 20 days. It will covers till the day you are ask to go back for bloodtest.

Guess mb someone bought fresh fish from mkt then go visiting :)
Fully understand the puke feeling. Recently if I take bus or train, smell anything unpleasant will want to puke too. DH say good good ms symptoms. Lol

But the feelings is not good lol~

But i tried to console myself by rubbing my tummy and tell beanie to be guai guai, continue to grow and be healthy, no matter how xin ku mummy is, everything is worthwhile...

But the feelings is not good lol~

But i tried to console myself by rubbing my tummy and tell beanie to be guai guai, continue to grow and be healthy, no matter how xin ku mummy is, everything is worthwhile...
Yap cos sometimes very hard to control and walk abit suddenly want to puke. Abit embarrassing.
Yap stroking up and down my tummy too to talk to bb. Heard from sil tt cannot rub in circular direction cos it will cause turbulence and annoy bb.

Sumiko83, back home already? Bed rest more k. These few days I having been feeling very sleepy. Spent all my time on the bed only get up to eat & shower. Had bad ls yesterday after lunch dunno why too until legs felt jelly. Lucky stop b4 dinner and manage to reload during dinner.
Hi cheerywalnuts, I'm at my mum's place now. Just now after discharged, Bro brought me to have song fa Bak ku teh. Then after reach hm, I KO liao. :D luckily your ls stop alrd. For me, I've not purge waste today. Dr lau wants me to continue duphaston 3x a day for another month and vitamin B6. My next appt with him will be on the 28th may at tps. It's in the aftn..

Hi cheerywalnuts, I'm at my mum's place now. Just now after discharged, Bro brought me to have song fa Bak ku teh. Then after reach hm, I KO liao. :D luckily your ls stop alrd. For me, I've not purge waste today. Dr lau wants me to continue duphaston 3x a day for another month and vitamin B6. My next appt with him will be on the 28th may at tps. It's in the aftn..
Once a while ok dun take too much bak kut teh cos tink got certain herbs tt not suitable for first tri. Try to sleep more :) good for u & bb development too hehe
Yap mb took something wrong also not sure what is it.
mb u can email n ask when u need to make appt for oscar. Do u plan to take the test?

Hi Meilingg,
Thanks for the information, for me today Doc Lau said next week come for ultra sound, for the ivf procedure, still waiting for ivf centre to call me, was told by Dr Lau earliest date to do ivf is June, so I have to skip my May Cycle, may I check for May do I still to be on Clomid? Now is my 7th month on Clomid.

Once a while ok dun take too much bak kut teh cos tink got certain herbs tt not suitable for first tri. Try to sleep more :) good for u & bb development too hehe
Yap mb took something wrong also not sure what is it.
mb u can email n ask when u need to make appt for oscar. Do u plan to take the test?

I'm not sure now after seeing the bb moves in my tummy. See what hubby and dr lau say bah.. but ill wait till my appt with Dr lau then ask him.

Hi ladies, how does ms feel like? So far I've not vomited *crossed fingers*. But I feel nauseous and no appetite. Is that consider ms? I'm feeling bored at home but don't feel like doing anything..

Hi ladies, how does ms feel like? So far I've not vomited *crossed fingers*. But I feel nauseous and no appetite. Is that consider ms? I'm feeling bored at home but don't feel like doing anything..
I also felt nauseous and vomited my breakfast out.
Felt bad stomachache and had diarrhoea. Then felt nauseous and after s few hard cough vomited out everything
Feeling tired and no strength just lie on the bed... No sure if it's ms...
So far appetite still ok can eat during the 3 meals *fingers crossed

Yup i guess that is ms. Cos for my i felt tired very easily, nauseous and sometimes so strong that i have to vomit out something to feel better. But so far i only vomit liquid.

Till now i still have that feeling. So i eat orange peel.

Yup i guess that is ms. Cos for my i felt tired very easily, nauseous and sometimes so strong that i have to vomit out something to feel better. But so far i only vomit liquid.

Till now i still have that feeling. So i eat orange peel.
Last night I drank milo and took chic in biscuit. The milo also vomit out :( haven't tried orange peel.
But now very sensitive to smell. Will have the puke feeling if smell something I cannot tahan

Last night I drank milo and took chic in biscuit. The milo also vomit out :( haven't tried orange peel.
But now very sensitive to smell. Will have the puke feeling if smell something I cannot tahan

Yup! And i realised when comes to thinking of food to eat, can be a headache. Our taste bud changed. Even if i got craving for a particular food, i cant eat much. I will find it tasteless eventually.

Yup! And i realised when comes to thinking of food to eat, can be a headache. Our taste bud changed. Even if i got craving for a particular food, i cant eat much. I will find it tasteless eventually.
Yes... For me watever i ate or drank oso vomitted out... luckily not all... but still will feel nausea...:( ya comes to thinking of food really dun feel to eat, scared later puke out. Even the food that i crave oso cant eat that much :(:(

Yes... For me watever i ate or drank oso vomitted out... luckily not all... but still will feel nausea...:( ya comes to thinking of food really dun feel to eat, scared later puke out. Even the food that i crave oso cant eat that much :(:(

Although i dont vomit food but i know you must be feeling very terrible.
But no choice still have to force ownself to eat...

Yep piggy1327, although don't feel like eating, also must force yourself to eat some. better than not eating. I also have no appetite too.. :(

Piggy1327, mb take smaller meals. Hope it will be better :)

Last edited:
Ya have to force myself to eat lor.. cos later still got food to throw up meh :D at least bb still got food to eat... How r u all? must take care too ;););)

Ya have to force myself to eat lor.. cos later still got food to throw up meh :D at least bb still got food to eat... How r u all? must take care too ;););)

Piggy1327, how about drinking ginger tea? See if it helps. Maybe will ease your vomiting. Working wise ok?
I'm fine. Sometimes cramp, tired, nausea no appetite. . how many weeks are u in alrd?

haha! why got durian taste one?

last nite i supposed to pack mos burger home but hubby end work early and therefore we ate kfc. lol. he not a fan of mos burger.

i still got to wait till 12.30 before i can go off from work~ last nite got a very bad headache, luckily woke up feeling very contented from the sleep haha. i guess also cos i did not wake up to pee. i just refused to get up in the middle of the night…

lor mai kai is nice~~~ i like~ very long never eat liao~~~

haha all mos burger fans~ lol.
anyway, anyone eat ice cream during pregnancy? we can't eat is it?

the other day i was telling me my hubby to reward me by buying a ice cream and let me have 1 or 2 mouthful and the rest he eat…

he not a ice cream fan or end up i dropped the idea...

Back