IVF Mummies

Buddies,

just curious.. am thinking is sling better or carrier better? any idea? i'm thinking sling can breastfeed in public then carrier can tahan till bb heavy..so any idea which is better?

hi hui, yes a mth liao leh.... kekekeke... it's worst than in prison :p

hi stumbled_by, when is ur edd? oh once u deliver skin rashes will "disappear"
happy.gif
jus bare with it now

hui, very soon will b ur turn... btw, pls thank for HB for helping to post my bb boy's pix
happy.gif

will try to upload more this afternn
happy.gif

Rae,

I am now week 37+. So hopefully baby can co-operate. Come out asap.

We read your birth process. really dissect and analyse (so we can learn from there...hiaks). how did u manage to remember the timings so well and manage to sms all to hui ? Amazing..

Hi stumbled by,
It's me!

Oh you're fast! 37 wks now...jia you...3 more wks to go ah!
happy.gif

My birth process is quite fast. I had normal vaginal delivery with epidural. B4 the anesthetist administered the epidural, I told him that I didn't want to feel too numb. I wanted to be able to feel the pushing part but I didn't want to feel much contraction. Haha...he heard liao, told me he'll try his best.

Indeed he's a good anesthetist! I didn't experience much contraction, though still a bit 'suan suan' kind of pain at the vagina opening when contraction started. When baby's head crowned, I could feel it and it was not difficult to push baby out.

I reached gynae's clinic already 3 cm dilated. After 3 hrs already 10 cm & could push already. 4 or 5 pushes, couldn't recall liao and baby was out. The midwives & gynae very supportive. They kept the mood high...they cheered along while I was pushing in the birth room.

After baby out, midwife put baby on my chest. wah...I suddenly felt a weight landed on my chest. my baby weighed 3.145kg. Then gynae pulled out the placenta slowly & stitched me up. I had some tears cos he didn't do episiotomy for me. He said he thought that I could do without it. Anyway, I didn't complain abt him....baby out healthy, I'm contented.

hui,
episiotomy is a small cut at perineum area. this procedure is done to allow more space for baby's head to come out.

stumbled_by,

oh, once in a while i will glance at the clock mounted on the wall behind me.... kekekeke..... i oso had my hp with me :p so agar agar lah... furthermore, it's nt easy for us to get preggie, so i hv to try to rem the journey etc
happy.gif
oso will b more prepared for the 2nd bb in future
happy.gif

take my birth process as a guideline as it does not apply to all....
happy.gif
wow, u r 37+weeks, packed hosp bag & all? nervous? excited? all the best
happy.gif
& njoy motherhood

Curious,
Me not really leh. Will start this weekend. I am hoping can get more stuff at Taka fair.

So you are now back to work??

Hui,
Our edd is very close huh. I will deliver at mount A. What about you? You have done most of your shopping, tat is fast.

Curious,
ic ic.. thanks

Jolene,
ya, just one day diff nia
happy.gif
, mine is next door to you.. TMC
happy.gif
that day hubby did consider either Mt A or TMC then in the end choose TMC
happy.gif
if you havent get anything like pump etc the fair is good. for me i went there but dun find anything for me to buy leh. in the end buy toys, bath mat nia.. i very Kiasu wan.. i slowly accumilate my things if not last min nd to come out big sum to buy ah.. like pram, sling big otems will wait till bb born lliao then bring b go buy
happy.gif

Curious/Rae,

I intend to pack my hospital bag tomorrow. If u read what I posted in IVF mummies-to-be, I am suffering from serious rashes attack. Hence this past week my mood is down
sad.gif
Forget to look at baby(via tummy) too. Just busy scratching and relieving the itch :p

I intend to bring some music to listen in the delivery ward cos I heard once epidural is administered, u will be 'bored'.

Curious - your birth process seems quite smooth. Okay, I will bear in mind and tell the anesthetist I wun want to feel too numb. Some slight pain is good. U din do episotomy ?? I am surprised cos i thought 1st time mum always do so. Then u have a better deal of one less pain except boobs pain or probabily piles pain :p

A lot of mums said they have 3 pains - boobs pain, episotomy pain and piles pain. hiaks.

stumbled_by,

i will read the post....
happy.gif
thanks. so far, i only had boobs pain on 4th-5th day cos of engorement
sad.gif
i dun really feel any episotomy pain, mayb b/c my frend gave me a spray for episotomy to use. later my gynae oso asked me to use but told nurse since same brand & still unopen, dun wanna waste $$$
happy.gif
i dun hv piles
happy.gif
thank goodness
happy.gif
mayb cos abt <2wks b4 due, i empty my bowel everyday?

Rae,

what spray for episotomy is that ? its a spray? hmm...i thot its a cream.

piles is not bcos of insufficient emptying of bowels. but i heard some mothers have it due to the pushing at labour, or becos prior to labour 'that area' is prone to 'stress'(not really piles but got symptoms of piles) already (?)

jolene,
yes i'm back work.

stumbled by,
i also brought some CDs, intended to play it out in the birth room at TMC then. but when I was lying there on the bed with epidural etc administered, i couldn't be bothered to listen to music liao, haha!!
happy.gif
so i didn't even take out my CDs to play.

I don't hv episiotomy but got tear leh...so gynae stitched me too...so for that 1 wk, down there not much pain cos gynae gave me the spray medicine to use...same as Rae. boobs pain of course...aiyoh...and no piles for me lah... :p

stumbled_by,

yes it's a spray, usually i used it after shower but hv to throw once open for 2 weeks (instructions on bottle)..... ya, pushing too hard during labour causes piles.... my frend had it & she said suffering
sad.gif

curious,

u cant be bothered to listen to music so u just lie/sit there and wait for time to pass by ?After u had epidural the pain should be minimal ?

Rae,

hmm..wonder what can be done to minimise piles caused by labour. hiaks.

stumbled by,
oh minimal pain but when contraction came, i could feel the pulling pain down there...think the cervix was stretching & opening up. I didn't listen to music, just spent those time talking to hubby lor....

Hi Stumbled by,
How u feeling now, wow another week to go before u are getting really busy with your new born. Hope your rashes is getting better now.

hello all,
Happy to see that a new thread for IVF mummies here...well my bb girl is alr 4 months old now and she's really adorable. I hv been TBF her since birth and planning to start her on semi-solid tmr.Here's her latest photo.
736339.jpg

Jolene,

Initially i thought i will spend the last few days or weeks of pregnancy worry about labour process. But now with my itch, I hope to experience the labour asap. Have been talking to bb asking her to come out to this world asap. So far still no signs of contractions or 'braxton kicks'. Only once or twice over the past months - some kind of Braxton kicks or tightening of uterus. I heard some people experience it more.

Rashes look like they are healing (Brown) but unfortunately they still keep me awake and scratching at night. Now my legs and hands are all mosquito-like scars (in addition to the rashes). I dont even have such scars from chicken pox
sad.gif

hui,

think your bb weight is okay. I think mine was heavier than that at 28 - 29 weeks. Lighter better then easier to deliver
happy.gif
, but of cos not too light.

Blue rabbit,

wow..your baby is 4 months. I vaguely remember u from the IVF MTBs thread. Cos u 'graduated' much earlier than us..heehee...We are the fewer minorities having girls over there. So fast start on semi solid ? I thot its 6 mths.

Stumbled by,
Just bear with it for another week. All your discomfort will be over very soon. Now is the waiting game. Think she is too cosy in your womb lor.

Blue Rabbit,
So glad to see your update, it's been a long long time. Your baby is very cute. That is very fast, your girl already starting on solid.

Hi stumbled_by/Jolene/hui,

biggrin.gif
glad that u all still remembers me. Well... time really flies, I must say that there's no free time at all after the birth of my bb girl. U all must really treasure the quiet and peaceful time u hv until the birth of ur babies and enjoy this time with ur DH. Afterwhich it really is only feeding + changing diapers and this will keep repeating thruout 24/7
lol.gif
It's only until my baby is 3mths+ before things stablized and our life is more or less back to normal.

My first month was the worst... my girl was hospitalised when she was 5 days old due to jaundice and I'm still in my confinement. Whenever the hospital called my HB to ask for permission to conduct whatever tests, I would end up in tears. On top of that I hv to regularly express my milk so that my ss would increase and also to feed my bb. Then I hv to rush down to hospital and see my bb. It really was the worst 8 days in my life.

Blue Rabbit,

i understand how you feel.. cause my youngest sister come to this world when she just 7 mth in my mummy tummy and only 1.2kg.. my mum saw my sis here poke with pipe n there poke she will cry coz heart pain.. then everyday dad got to go hospital to feed my sis n mum pump milk milk..

hi ladies, managed to squeezed some time from work to login
happy.gif

blue_rabbit,
i rem u as well.... ur girl is very cute
happy.gif
& so much hair... does she has so much hair after birth?

stumbled_by,
it's ur turn very soon
happy.gif
agreed with blue_rabbit to njoy the peace b4 birth of our babies as it's really 24/7. bt am lucky as my mil is looking after my son both day & nite. only bring him back during my HB's days off
happy.gif

my son's scared of the heat, so hv to on the fan most of the time
sad.gif
btw, anyone knows whether we can apply calamine lotion to a <2mths old bb cos ther's a red patch at back of neck. And believe it's causing him itch...
sad.gif

Rae,
Ya my girl has lots of hair right after she was born.

My girl also has a red patch at the back of her neck and peeling too. I asked the PD to prescribe a cream for her... but forgotten what's the name liao. I bought the cream at KKH pharmacy.

blue_rabbit,
mine's too. mayb tt's y it causing the itch??
happy.gif
ur girl feels better after applying the cream? do u still hv the box/packaging? wonder if i cn get the cream from other pharmacies other than KKH....
happy.gif
thanks gdness, thot my boy is the only 1 with such a prob
happy.gif

hi hui... expressing breasts milk but nt much supply... so giving him formula milk
happy.gif

wow, stumbled_by, gave birth...
happy.gif

hui,
sad to say my BM not enough to supply him even for a feed
sad.gif
...... so am ebm at night after work
sad.gif
most i ebm is only 4oz
sad.gif

Rae,
dun be sad abt it.. FM milk is good as bb wouldnt go hungry too fast. i'm thinking if i BF i nd to mix with FM also as my grandma says if i BF all the time bb wouldnt take FM milk..so thinking how to mix..

hui,
I TBF my bb. My mother will only feed her FM (oni 1 feed at most/day) if she finishes all the EBM that I bring over to my mom's place every morning. So far my bb takes FM leh even after taking EBM for most of her feeds. If u r committed to BF, then don't give yr bb FM, but I must say it's very difficult at the beginning. It's really a personal choice loh. Even now I express my milk at my workplace so that my bb has milk for the next day but really not easy at all cos my office no nursing room, I hv to do it at a store room and the pressure of worrying some1 will barge in is forever there.

Rae,
The name of the cream is Hydrocortisone 1% cream. When I asked the PD whether I can get it at the pharmacy she said she will prescribed, so I interpret it as cannot get it w/o prescription. But u can give it a try and see whether can get it at Guardian or Unity?

thanks blue_rabbit
happy.gif
... my mil changed the baby wash on tues & will monitor the red patch for a week. If it's lighten/gone totally, then hv to change the previous bb wash
happy.gif
bt i dun tink it's the cause, else whole body & face will hv it, rite? wow, TBF. My office only has en empty room for all to use. Currently there's a colleague who will ebm during lunch in ther. but since mu supply is low, no point for me to ebm... :p

hi all

yes, i have given birth. Wow the birth process is really 'initial sweet later suffering'. Cos i was on epidural. So at dilation stage i was feeling very serene. Only at the pushing stage then I almost wanted to give up. I think I kept regretting not having c-section that time. But when the epidural was turned down and I felt natural contraction (perhaps lesser extend to those who din have epidural), it certainly helped in the final 2 pushes.

Now i am having broken sleep at night. Eye bags super strong. think i only sleep average 4 hours at night, and it is 'broken up'.

Rae,blue rabbit,

I couldnt have TBF too. When I pumped out its only 15-20ml(5 min each breast). So in the end i let bb suckle, follow by Formula, then i try to pump out on my own. I do this every 3 hours(or according to bb's cries). Hard to have TBF leh...esp when bb doesnt seem to suck well from my breast. Treat it as pacifier only..Any tips ?

I wun be logging in so often..still got pain from episotomy, discomfort around that area. Plus try to catch sleep in between the day
happy.gif

Congrats stumbled_by!!!!

i din ebm initially cos feel tt nt nec bt it's a mistake
sad.gif
my boy latch on quite well till my nipples bleed so tt made me stay away from pumping. Like ur bb, my son treats it like pacifier, suckle <5mins, slept. Then when i pull my nipple out, he will screamed
sad.gif
*haiz* continue to pump every 2-3hrs to stimulate the ss to let the brain knows ther's demand :p the ss will increase eventually.

Yes, do sleep whenever the bb is sleeping too, else very tiring....
happy.gif
& gd for ur back too

my son is using cloth diapers during day time as requested by mil. in a way, it's gd for bb's buttock cos got to change regularly and save a bit on disposable diapers (nt able to save on fm thou)
happy.gif

Back