IVF Mummies

Congrats Jeni!!! I have "partner" liao, ie. 2 boys :D am sure he will stay till at least 37 weeks..... true, hv same gender, save a lot
happy.gif

stumbled_by,
great to arrive home in <30mins.... missed it cos b4 marriage, i worked near my mum's place
happy.gif

as for the gathering, Sunday is good for me too
happy.gif

thanks combi and welcome to the club
happy.gif
it's really nice of you to open ur house to us and the location seems good.... we can visit Botanic Gardens if we want. heard there's an area for kids? happy to know u had quit to spend more time with ur princess but it must b a big sacrifice?

Thanks Stacy and Rae.
I will have to go for the test for gestational diabetes in May as I had it last time.

Stacy,
when are you going to do your next FET? Hopefully you will join me soon.

Rae,
Yes, the Jacob Ballas Playground at Botanics is very popular among mummies and babies/ toddlers especially at the water play area. You see so many children just dash straight into the water area (there is something like a sprinkler that jets out water at intervals). Children will come with buckets, watering cans, toys etc to play and get wet. I see many mothers then dry and change their children and even feed them there before they head home for their naps. My daughter loves it there. Now that I have stopped working, weekday mornings will be spent there or feeding the swans at Botanics.
Well, I dont really think it will be a sacrifice not working, because what I will get back in return from being with my daughter is much more precious and meaningful than the returns from working.

Looking forward to having all of you at my place.

Dear Ladies

Wow! So much to catch up on... i've been very busy with work lately... didn't check this thread for weeks :p
Moreover, i can't access from work (due to firewall) so even more inconvenient...

I had my detailed scan last wed and i count my blessings that everything is fine with the baby... Except the doc not too happy with my high-blood and has started me on high-blood medication
sad.gif
Now i take a "cocktail" of medication every morning... But i'll persist for the sake of the baby...

Jolene
Thanks for the sound advice on having a "jealous" elder kid around... i was telling my hubby that my girl seems easily jealous... cos' whenever we hug or play with the dogs, she will run to us rightaway and make sure she does not miss on "action"... have to make sure that she gets attention...
How are you coping with your little one? Has your BM supply steady? U supplementing with FM?

Dawn
Yup... my girl STILL resembles her father
happy.gif
Even the temperament too *sigh* She still calls "papa" ever so readily... but not "mama"
sad.gif

I'm still seeing Dr Loh and as usual, have to wait 1+ to 2 hrs just to see him... he said he has quite alot of ex-IVF mummies who have conceived naturally for their 2nd kid... so i guess the "magic" is still there...

Jeni
Congrats on knowing that all is fine with your boy
happy.gif

I'm also expecting a girl again
happy.gif
Seems that the tendency to have same-gnder siblings is quite high...

Combi
Welcome
happy.gif
Was your girl born in Dec '07? My girl was actually due in Dec '07, but due to my high-blood condition, she was induced 3 weeks early...
My girl loves the Jacob Ballas Playground... esp the water area... we shot 2 videos of her running around all drenched... have to bring towel and dry clothings just for that
happy.gif

Hi pple, wow so much action here!

I m not having a good time due to a new principal in my school....
sad.gif
*sigh* V v demanding...so i literally work 12 hours daily in school, stepping in at 650am leaving at 650pm...oni have time with my twins for about 1 hour b4 they sleep...*sigh* today could pop in cos on MC haha...how ironical!
weekends also all burnt...doing reports...haha instead of marking! v miserable...*sigh*

may be should be like combi....just quit huh?
happy.gif

HI

Sunday I got to go church. What about Saturday/Sunday late afternoon/evening time ? Since going to botanic gardens will be not so hot.

Ashley,
Yes, my girl was born Dec 07 too, like your daughter, mine enjoys the water area tremendously. As I do not used to have so much time and its always crowded, I dont really let her get wet, but she will just thread her way there, then we have to quickly rush home cos I was not prepared with towels and dry clothings. I just bought her a small watering can, buckets and other beach toys for our next trip. Will probably go on weekday mornings.

Dawn
Have not heard from you for some time. Can fully understand your long working hours and the struggle to find time with your children and the late night work. Has all these taken a toll on you that's why you are unwell? Do take goood care of yourself.

Dawn,
I share the same sentiments as you but there's nothing much I can do as I need the money to raise my kids! Hahaha...
Govt is promoting family life but as civil servant, look at the load we are having, what kind of family life can we talk about?

combi,
thanks for the sharing the name of the playground and sounds quite fun :D tink Sun evening for me is better
happy.gif

Ashly,
better take care cos of your past condition
happy.gif

dawn,
poor girl.... being a teacher nowadays is not easy. hv to get it from all directions - principal, fellow teachers, students, their parents and media..... take care too

Combi,
Welcome and many thanks for offering your place. The playground sounds interesting.

Mummies,
Let's settle for Sunday late afternoon /evening. At about 4pm on 12th April. Please advice if the time and date is fine.

Ashly,
I am good, my little one's night feeding seems to get more stable. Last feed around 8-9pm and slept till 4am. I hope she could sleep till 5am than latch her for half an hour and prepare for work. Of course if she could sleep till 6 plus will be great. Milk supply still around the same. As she has a small appetite so still can manage to have tbf on weekdays and weekend as my elder girl is around dun allow me to latch her at night at all. Still have to standby formula as occasionally she will wake up at 2am and have no time to warm up bm.

When weekend comes, i am super busy with my elder, she needs lots of attention.

Dawn,
You have to take it easy. Will you have time to join us for this gathering??

Hi hi pple, thanks for all the kind words and support...*Sigh* Combi and Jeni, it is demoralizing working for a leader who puts you down daily. Yes for the past 3 months, work has been a nightmare.
sad.gif
really no balance betw family and work...

Ash, take care yah, u taking asprin or what med to bring down blood pressure?

Jolene, you gal is good, so fast sleeping through liow! would like to join you all....but that week a lot of things and deadlines to meet, will see if can finish by then.

Dawn
Sure hope u r feeling better already
happy.gif

Its really tough being a working mum already... let alone to juggle with a stressful/demanding work nature... i was also swamped with work since Feb, cos due to turnover, the company didn't want to hire anymore = cost cutting measures *sigh*
sad.gif

I'm just like u... spend barely an hour with my girl every night when i come back from work
sad.gif
Thats why i've to acknowledge the fact that she's closer to my hubby
sad.gif
But i'm blessed to have a good helper with me... so my maid takes my time/mind off lots of worries
happy.gif

Dr Loh started me not only with asprin but also methlydopa (for high blood pressure patients)... seems that this time round, my condition is worse off than previous...
Lets JIA YOU together... to be as good as we can be... FTWM (Full Time Working Mummies)
happy.gif

Rae
Thanks
happy.gif
Keeping a watchful eye over my diet as well as stress level... my colleagues are trying to cheer me up by cracking jokes to me on a daily basis
happy.gif

Combi
Will "prepare" my girl for the fun at Botanic Gardens when we meet there next time
happy.gif
Meantime, enjoy your time bonding with her... cos' thats what i missed most when i went back to work after she was 6months-old... can literally feel she doesn't want me anymore after a long day at work
sad.gif

Jolene
JIA YOU my buddy
happy.gif
Good that you have time to yourself with the little one during the weekdays... cos' u'll have to divide your time during the weekends... i must learn from you to manage my time between the 2 siblings... u must take good care of yourself cos' its not easy to get up in the middle of night for feeds... take lots of vitamins
happy.gif

Jolene
12th April is fine with me. So are we meeting at Jacob Ballas directly?

Dawn
So sorry to hear about your unhappiness at work.
Whatever it is, your health must still come first. Take care.

Ashley
Take care, dont let the stress from work push your blood pressure higher.

HI people

Can we meet slightly later on 12th April, say 5pm ? My girl on weekends always have trouble taking early naps, so sometimes she wakes up at 5plus even :p

I understand 5pm a bit late, in view of dinner. My girl can just take outside food. Is there a foodcourt near Botanic gardens ? Or we picnic there (For dinner) ?? How ?

I will contact hui and LY via facebook to tell them to come in to 'vote' for date/time.

Dawn/Jeni,

being teacher is hard, altho it is iron rice bowl. maybe u want to consider being a tuition teacher ? But its self employed, no CPF, benefits etc. I guess its always a trade off...

Jolene

Good that ur girl can 'sleep thru' so fast. My girl now still wakes up on/off at night. hahahaha

Stumbled_by,
5pm is ok. We can have our dinner at the food court.
So who is on for this gathering??

12th April at Bontanical garden - Jacobs Ballas - 5pm

Jolene
Stumble_by
Combi

Stumble_by,
She just wakes up for milk having slept from 6pm. usually she wakes up for last feed around 8 plus but she din.

For the past two weeks she has been rejecting the bottle sigh, have hard time feeding her. I have to prepare myself for work too so have to bottle feed her.

Jolene,

6pm to 3am is a long sleep! She has been rejecting bottle cos used to your breast hur. I heard a lot of b'feeding mothers have this problem. Can try those teat that feels like nipple, like NUK.

I have sms LY. She will see how when we finally 'confirm' the venue/time.
I think Rae is going too :

Jolene
Stumbled_by
Combi
Rae

hi jolene/combi

how to get to jacob ballas ? I see fr google maps it seems nearer to Bukit Timah Road. Is the carpark somewhere near there ? Park where ? Sorry, the last time i go botanic gardens, i take public transport :p

Dawn

How r u feeling? Fully recovered from the flu-bug yet? Hope u r managing well with the work loan
happy.gif

i can't confirm now whether i can make it to the gathering next weekend... perhaps i msg u come nearer the day... ie. Wed?

Ashly, yup, recovered liow....now my whole office so many teachers down with flu...trying to stay away from them cos if I get it again, I am afraid i may bring back the germs and spread to my twins again.
sad.gif
very jialat when they are sick!

no prob, just that haven't seen you for quite long!

stumbled by
If you are driving, it will be better to drive into Evans Road, then towards the NUS Bt Timah Campus. This carpark is at the door-step to the playground.

Hi all,
Looking at today's weather, I am just wondering if we should have a wet weather plan as a back up??

Dawn

I know what u mean... whatever i catch a flu from work... my poor girl sure "kena" from me... thats why for her sake, i've started to take VitC everyday...

our heart will pain to see our little precious fall sick... cos' it take them so long to recover... compared to us adults...

Combi,
If it's raining, i guess will have to postpone. Do you have facebook account?? We can exchange our contact no. My email address is [email protected]

I hope it will not rain. Looking forward to meet all of you.

Thanks for the guide on the carpark, have not been there for so long.

Combi,

since u are staying near there, i think u have the most accurate 'weather news' on the situation over there. Pls email Jolene your hp number. She'll help dessiminate to the rest of us via facebook/sms
happy.gif

dawn,

hope to see u too. give jolene your number too.

to_everyone_going_this Sunday,

appreciate if u post any pictures in facebook, dont mention this is what gathering. Can just put motherhood forum gathering
happy.gif

Jolene
Emailed you my contact number.

Hi all,
I will be on the most alert look out and broadcast the weather condition at any trace of raindrops or tinge of dark clouds.
I will probably make a trip there before the BIG day this Sunday to check out on any latest attractions.

Just to confirm 2 things :

(1) Meeting point: meeting straight at the water area or the children's cafe at the entrance?

(2) Time:5pm ?

Looking forward to seeing all of you.

Harlow ladies!!! How's everyone?
Been MIA for soo long :D I cant join you gers for the sunday as i got another party to attend
happy.gif

Stumbled by,
i nvr rec ur sms leh.. onli saw ur msg thru facebook.

hi stumbled_by / combi,

afraid that am unable to join now....
sad.gif
cos my 2 boys have fallen ill and so am I
sad.gif

wanted to meet u ladies but mayb next time....

hui,
have u changed your handphone number ? In any case u cant make it
sad.gif

Rae,
hope u recover soon by Sunday! Really hope to meet u too.

Combi,
The children's cafe at entrance sounds okay. Yes, 5pm. But if anyone of us is late, we'll just sms to each other. Errr..but i have no idea how u look like. AT least for the rest going(except Dawn), i have seen their photos before.

Going:
combi,
stumbled_by
Jolene,
Rae(sick)
Dawn(depends on work)
hui-not going
LY- no reply yet(hasnt sms me yet)
jeni/Ashley - ??

Hi ladies,
sorry can't join you gals as my boy is down wih throat infection and he has the run too. High fever as well... very siong. Plus, marking marKING, MARKING!!!
You gals enjoy yourselves
happy.gif

Stumbled by,
The food court is at Botanics, may be a bit far to walk from Jacob Ballas.
As of now, it looks like its you, Jolene and I who are confirmed for this outing.

Hope the children will recover soon and mummies not too stressed by work and at the same time looking after them while they are sick. Take care.

Stumbled by,

(1) you may drive over to Botanics, parking convenient and the covered carpark is linked to the food court,
(2) 5 minutes drive to Tanglin Mall or
(3) 10 minutes drive to IKEA Alexandra
(4) 10 minutes drive to Anchorpoint (opposite IKEA), there is a Mickey Mouse Cafe and quite a number of other eateries

Will think of some more and post again.

Hi all, prob won't be able to join you liow as both the twins down with runny nose and cough yesterday day...*sigh* so better stay at home tomorrow. Have fun and post pics ok! will join u all the next time!

combi, what is the mickey mouse cafe? they serve kids' food? got play area?
happy.gif

Stumbled by,
Is LY coming?? Am happy, to be able to see you at last.

Combi,
Are we meeting at the children's cafe entrance??

Rae &amp; Dawn,
No problem, you take good care of your kids. We will definitely meet again.

Dear Stumbled_By, Combi and Jolene

Have a great time tomm
happy.gif

Sorry i won't be able to make it... Hopefully next outing me and my girl will be able to join...

hmm... can i add on to the suggestions where to have dinner after the outing... u ladies can also try Serene Centre... which is abt 10mins drive away... they have Macs and a jap restaurant and an ice-creamery there... of course there's also the Adam Rd hawker centre for its famous nasi lemak
happy.gif

Keep us posted of the fun we missed out...

hi stumbled_by, combi &amp; jolene,

hope you had a great time!
happy.gif
my boys are recovering. seems like lotsa virus around so best to take care
happy.gif
and weather very erratic
sad.gif

Hi,

We didnt meet yesterday due to the weather. We got to arrange another Sunday again. LY prefers Saturday cos monday is working day.

I am still keen on Jacob Ballas but we better have alternative plans in case of wet weather.

Hi stumbled_by,

It's a pity but can arrange again..... my elder boy is ill again
sad.gif
wonder if there's any virus around.... very siong man...

Rae, the weather v erratic and bad recently, lots of my colleagues and pupils are sick....do take care! hope your boy recovers soon.

gals, hope to meet up for the next gathering !
happy.gif

Hi everyone,
I am quite sick too and I am worried that it is bad for my baby. The GP was not able to give me effective medicine and I am suffering! However, for my baby's sake, I'll just have to bear with it
sad.gif

Hi Stumbled by,

I think sat will be better. But i can only make it after 20th June as my girl's lesson will be over by than....

Jeni,
You must take care, drink lots of water, the weather is really bad.

Rae,
Your boy is in 1/2 day child care?? Catch the virus there?

Hi girls,
thanks for your concern. I am actually down with bronchitis. I think this is due to the the fact that effective medicine cannot be given to me earlier on and then it delveloped to bronchitis. I am on the road of recovery but still feel drained and lethargic. Haven't been to work for a week plus, things are piling up and I dread to think of it. How I wish I can be a SAHM.
So mummies to be out there, take care of yourselves well!

Jeni, do rest as much as possible, baby is more impt, dun worry about school. I also wish i can be a SAHM...haha..

Back