IVF Mummies-To-Be Support Group

Gan, let my bbs try the exersaucer this morning. No. 1 gt to tip toe..miss by slightly..no.2 is tall enuff..no.3 is hanging in the air!

Baby, my bumbo also preloved. I paid $30. Spring maternity sells. My exersaucer also preloved. New one costs $219 at taka.

Hi ladies, I've jus delivered my twins naturally on 11may. Nw I'm very happy m a mother n feel blessed
happy.gif

Ive bot nan pro at kk hosp n underst they r easily digested. If I wan to change fm nw, it's not advisable isit?

My milk flow not kicking in yet Leh, use fingers to squeeze hv, but try pump out only that bit wich got caught in funnel only. Today got more, I stained my tee. When to expect full flow cos is demoralizing to pump.. Isit normal? Fenugreek helps n hw many shld I eat?

imp,
CONGRATS!!!

if yr twins r ok with nan, i suggest u stick with it first. once things r more settled, u can switch if u want. cos u're not supposed to do an immediate switch over, supposed to switch gradually over days.

as for milk flow, keep pumping and latching. milk flow doesn't kick in overnight. it builds up gradually the more u pump. so keep pumping even if u see very little, this will give yr breasts the signal to produce more. soon u'll be getting more and more per pump.

Thanks grumpus!
U mean keep pumping to simulate them despite only getting droplets?
Hw abt latching? Isit a gd way to latch to simulate too?
I've been lazy, after latching few x in hosp n hm, I pumped once n saw brownish droplets wich din flow out, I stopped pumping n latch them on off, since bbs will suck e little milk I hv iso pumping n not able to store those droplets hehe..

Btw my wound stil hurts after few days. Isit normal?? I delivered naturally. Msg lady told me its my wound drying up hence it tends to feel it's tearing pain whenever I sit or engage in positions wich spreads my butt.

imp,
congrats!!!
latch on will stimulate breastmilk faster, try latch on as much as u can. milk shld flow within a week.
yes, d pain shld last ard 2weeks. no pain ard 3-4 weeks. full recovery shld be till 1 and a half to two months. at least for me.
take care n welcome to motherhood!

imp,
yes yes, keep pumping to stimulate despite seeing nothing. latching is actually the best way to stimulate.
but whether u pump or latch, u need to do it frequently and regularly - like every 2-3hrs
if u keep it up, u'll be able to build up a decent supply in abt a wk or 2.

Hi ladies,

Haven't been active in this thread since i delivered my gal last year Jan. My gal is 16 mths now. Time flies.

Reading all your posts make me feel like trying for another one. hahaha! My hubby will be delighted if he knows i have this feeling. He has always wanted another boy.
happy.gif

However, the thought of going thru another round of ivf and complicated pregnancy (i had quite a rough one carrying my princess) completely put me off the idea.

Furthermore i think having 3 kids is tough both physically and financially.

Am I being too selfish here? Am I depriving my hubby another chance to be a father again?? Shall I embark the ivf journey again??? I'm not sure.

But I must say i'm enjoying motherhood every moment especially after delivering my gal via ivf last year. She is such an angel....
happy.gif

Any advice?? Shall I start another round??? I'm not young too. 35 yo liao.

Imp congrats! like grumpus said, pump/latch deligently, u will see decent milk supply soon. ask ur mum/mil/cl to cook papaya fish soup and drink for lunch, dinner. it helps in building up milk supply.

Baby, my exersaucer is new not preloved. i think even during sale, exersaucer is at least $200. You can check out the WTS in SMH for preloved exersaucer.

some of the sellers as below.
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/449183/5463394.html?1305457075

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/449183/5426977.html?1305380621

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/449183/5463443.html?1305367885

Grumpus, Rose n Gan,
Thanks for your advice! At least I know when to expect supply to kick in. Else v demoralizing to c little milk pumped out, I get v discouraged... Nw breasts painful n like stones. Tink mus get msg lady to tui for me. Will drk papaya soup daily lo
happy.gif

Any lobang for cheaper milk powder?

Imp22,

Congrats to u! What's yr twins' birth weight?

Yeah keep pumping even if nothing comes out every 3 hours around the clock. If yr baby latch for at least 20 mins at each side then no need to pump. Drink loads of fluid and massage yr breasts

I sat on warm salted water few times a day. For my 1st delivery, I took 2 weeks to be pain free. For twins after a few days less pain and about a week then pain free. Also rinse with water after every pee.

baby, taka has the lowest price i hv seen so far. kidzloft promo price is $269.

i bought my set from the seller in gan's 2nd link at $100. condition of such preloved sets r usually v good if use for one bb only...

i'm back here too.... trying for no. 2 soon but dunno when :p

pinkdestiny,
the fact that u feel inadequate makes u a great mother already... we just have to accept that some babies are more difficult than others... doesn't mean that u are not doing a good job... i was like u... i have a helper but refused to allow the helper to touch my baby for the first 2 months... yes.. that's how possessive i am.... but i learnt to let go after that... especially when i return to work after 4 months.... my mum is the main caregiver plus my helper helping out.... returning to work was good for me... kept me sane and made me cherish the time i have with my girl more.... first few months my girl was always colicky and her sleep pattern didn't become regular until abt 4 months.... then abt 6 months it started acting up again... she refused to go to sleep or would wake up at 11pm or midnite.... so we tried the yaolan and it worked.... but now we only use it during the day to put her to nap and carry her out after that... nite time she doesn't need the yaolan anymore... i find that babies usually can sense our moods too.... so when we feel stressed they can feel it too..... my girl is going to be 15 months soon.... when u come to my stage u will start missing the stage when she's a few months old...
happy.gif

Gan
How long did u wait for the exersaucer delivery frm amazon?
U went thru vpost?
Where can u yr model in singapore? U know how much spore selling?

Thanks Singapoh & Pandawife!

Will spend time to research on the milk powder link
happy.gif

Gal 2.122kg n boy 2.378kg at birth, assisted vacuum delvy.

Singapoh, kk didn't give me any antiseptic wash for wound, nor ready fm for nb nor milk powder, isit they forgot or? My sis n CL keep telling me they shld give nag nonstop omg.

Hi mommies, can someone advise me on where I can get diapers cheap and delivered to the house? I've got twins and foresee LOTS of diaper change... =[ Thanks!!

imp22 - congrats!!!

hi mummies with twins

got a few qns to ask u,pls advise me
: sterilisers or trad method of boiling?
any brands to recommend for sterilisers and milk bottles?

breast feeding:
u pump or let your twins latch?
if pump - any brands to recommend?

need to do research and est budget..coz 1st time mummy to be for twins and excited yet scared.
coz might have to handle the babies alone after my confinement.

thanks in advance!!

Soulvacation,

Either get diapers from baby fair, Chinese medical hall or supermarket promotion.

Use a cheaper diaper during the day. Eg Fitti

Thanks Singapoh! ;)

Rainzz: I bought Pigeon steriliser during Taka Baby fair. Another Taka Baby fair is in August. I buy NUK bottles for them. Though I dunno if they would like them or not.

soulvacation - u bought ard how much the Pigeon?
i was tinking of NUK too coz seems to be quite good for breastfeeding babies due to the teats,but i heard the teats very fast spoil.haa

Baby I bot the Exersaucer from eBay. The seller included the cost of postage in the price. Waited 2 weeks for the toy toarrive

Babyhopeful,
Is yr bb on BM or fm? If BM is ok not to poo for days as long as they're not uncomfy. Fm I think not supposed to go so many days with no poo. Will get constipated.

Babyhopeful,
I know one mummy whose bb is on full BM. Record 14 days never poo. After tat one atomic bomb :p
If partial then BM/fm then I'm not sure wat is ok.

Babyhopeful,

My bb didn't poo for 6 days. I brought him to see a gp. He said if more than a week must be concern Liao. A PD in KKH also said the same thing.

Congrats Imp! Dun give up on BF...keep trying ya..I play ard with my freestyle yesterday and ask my fren to teach me hw to use...she is already 1.5 mths post delivery and pumping at least 500ml everyday...she says initially is only abt 200ml..she gives me alot of confidence and says dun give up...it is this time tt we will usually give up...but if we press on, we will succeed
happy.gif
I hope I can do so...

Re : FM and diapers
Got this website luvbabies.kimsang.com.sg Not sure hw cheap as I did not do any comparison though...

Re : milk bottles
I got avent, Dr Brown's and NUK....not sure which one suits...just try out

Re : Steriliser
I got the Pigeon one...as they say can dump everything inside...

Can call up Cheong Choon from Chinatown on baby stuffs...look for Winnie @ 65323855. Some of her items are cheaper than outside and they do delivery too... Dun nd to go down...can consolidate the list and ask her at one shot.

For example, her pigeon steriliser costs $90...sometimes come in package also but more expensive.

Babyhopeful,

No med coz not more than a week.I brought him to the gp after he didn't poo for 3 or 4 days. He said give some water. He poo on the 7th day

Hi mommies,

Can we store breastmilk once it has been heated up? If so for how long and at what temperature? I was told it cannot be kept in the refrigerator again. At times, my gal does not finish it and it is very heartpain to throw away.

How about FM? Does the same storage instructions apply?

I usually give to my dog if can't finish the ebm. I will just throw away fm coz my dog doesn't drink it. One mummy I know drank her own ebm if not finish. Hehe..

Mommies, I'm in a dire state nw. Crying cos of e CL omg.. Super lousy one. Repeatedly do things wrong n deny she did wrongly. Told her kitchen is she in charge n dun ask maid help her as someone needs to b outside watching bbs. Anyway it's her job rite? She keep bossing maid ard to do her things like washing bb clothes, n cook rice etc for her.

Alot things oredi we close one eye as she is taking care of 2, my maid cooperative n assisted her. Til some things we can't
tolerate repeatedly told her ESP watchg the fire is her job.
She once forgot abt kettle boiling n came to my rm cos got ac
n shes fat n super scare hot n skive while I'm bf. I didn't
know she was boiling kettle til hb came in n told her n maid
off. Had he not been in living cos the maid washg something
inside toilet, tink it's gg to b dangerous.

This morning caught the fire boil til spill out again. Omg! Was so pissed off, after few x of reiterating she still ignore my advice! No safety in mind 1.

Then this evening, I purposely stayed in living rm wait her cook n c if she asks maid help her. She did n I'm v angry again as this is also something we told her more than once, if she's cooking maid has to b in living making sure bbs cries etc r attended. Can't hv 2 inside kitchen same x, anyway it's CL job rite? She alw wan her help n if m inside rm, who's gg to attend to bbs?
I scolded her n say too many times Liao, the things I wan fr u u alw ignore me n cont to do wrong. She told me I didn't tel her abt maid staying outa kitchen n supervise bbs. Even my hb told her twice at least.

Hw.., its only 3.5 days omg...

Hopenfaith I halve actually a number of times put heated ebm in the fridge for next feed if my gal can't finish last month coz my milk supply dropped alot so heart pain to throw away the milk.

hopeandfaith,
according to kellymom.com
"If baby does not finish milk at one feeding, it may be refrigerated and offered at the next feeding before it is discarded."

i've done this myself when i fed my elder girl ebm for one yr. but it depends on wat u're comfortable with.
FM i will throw.

imp22,
ur CL taking care of 2 babies? she can manage?
cool down, u need her help now, most impt is tat she takes gd care of bb. i always afraid of scoldin CL coz i worry she might vent her anger at bb esp at night... :x

Baby,

You can get exersaucer from first few years. They have outlets in KKH. I paid $199. Same model as Gan.

My girl really love it!

Rose, she's taking care of Both bbs, charging twins rate ma. Alw boss my maid ard do her share of things, n she talks on Hp if she's free, else she zzz if poss wich m ok. But she's doin alot lesser than wat she's paid for. Last nite hb spoke to her n asked her her jobscope if includes washg bb clothes, washg dishes after cooking? She said no cos is twins. Hb immed told her dan we hv misunderstanding abt your scope. She claimed if twins without help she will charge higher n bring in another CL jus to do hsewk n another jus cook n care bbs. First time I hear CL dun do bb laundry. N she even tried to use our washing machine without askg us for her own laundry.

Its oso repeatedly the watchg over fire issue wich she made wich turns us off. Of cos, her inability to cook alone as a CL n wants my maid in kitchen together w her wich we disagree as maid needs to stay outside to ensure bbs needs shld they cry.

I oso checking on bbs regularly. Maid zzz w her so m asking her watch out too. Guess she won't dare do anything ba, she oso wana survive in this line? Really up our limits abt her Liao, Bo pian
sad.gif

Imp,

Hugzz... Nowadays CL are like that. Demanding and doing less. When I did my confinement, I told her to tc of my babies and cook. My maid will do housework including baby laundry.
Anyway I wash everything in the washing machine.

It's a common practice for CL to nap because it's very tiring to look after 2 babies at night. They would plan their time accordingly so that watch the babies as well.

I took a CL from an agency. Omg she was so kaypoh and dirty. Scratching her feet while carrying my bb. 1 day I caught her spitting at my back yard. I suspected that she spat at my dog. She turned and saw me. She commented that I should throw my dog away. She fed Chix bone to my dog. My hb told her off and he suspected that she was trying to kill him. She is very rough. Found out that she used to drive a lorry. Got injured and couldn't drive anymore. She also carried both my babies down the stairs.

I returned her to the agency after 1.5 week. Really buay tahan her. The next one was slightly better but she got offended when I kept e fm in my room. I was trying to up my supply but she like the other CL keep giving fm to my babies even after I told her let me latch first.

Shortly she got a news that her dad was dying. I didn't want to keep her coz she was distracted by her dad's condition. I told her to return to her hometown to see her dad and she did.

My confinement lasted for 3 weeks only.

Singapoh, it's quite stressful to hv to "supervise" her whilst I need rest. Alot things I didn't noe til last two days as I wouldn't wan sup her til check her every moves etc. Til m having meals n saw maid doin some things then I realize. I understand she can nap whenever as at nite it's tiring, but her other things n attitude we really can't tolerate. Alw denying she did wrongly, n safety / cleanliness is zero. N best is jus
deny we told her few x abt maid dun help out in kitchen wen
she cook n she hv to cook alone. Cmon, cooking her job rite, y mus involve maid? stil can deny she didn't hear fr us abt
this instruction.

Jus hope e nex one b beta than this one, at least more responsible n thinner w lesser sweat. Quite scary her sweaty head, I m quite worried abt her sweat dropping to my bbs or my fd. So u did cf 3 weeks n ended? Parents or pil not able to help? Your CL sounds dangerous too, gd thing upended her earlier. It's like maid, CL we oso need luck to get an ok 1.

Btw my breasts Stoney n pain liao, msg lady can help relieve? Isit after removing these lumps flow b beta? Super pain.. So far best is pump 30ml only.. N left breast leaks after 2+hrs, so wasteful. Nw I shld b pumping 3 hrly rite? Prefer pump to latching as it's shorter time Leh.. :p

Just faith how r u?? Long time didn't see u here!!

IMp ur milk supply is kicking in.... U massage ur breasts b4 pumping?? The methods LC in kkh taught?

imp,
alot of CL horror stories nowadays. poor u..pat pat....if u're not happy with her dun hesitate to send her back. cannot be 'held hostage' to her. of cos only let her know at the last min that u're sending her back lah, in case she do something funny to yr bbs or yr hse.

breasts stony and pain means engorge liao. this is the time u need to work very hard. pump and massage very regularly. massage lady can help to massage and relieve the lumps and that will help to improve the flow. but u need to keep up the pumping and while pumping u can also do yr own massaging. prepare a small milk bottle with hot water and use it to roll over yr breasts to soften the lumps. apply frequently before and during pumping. i used to pump abt one hr just softening and clearing the lumps. u need to get to a state where yr breasts are soft and empty, that's when u'll see yr supply will hv increased tremenduously. if u cannot clear all the lumps in one pumping is ok, just wait till the next pump to continue, but u must make sure yr breasts are softer after each pumping session. they cannot still be rock hard.

actually latching on clears the lumps much more efficiently than pumping. but whichever way u choose it's hard work
happy.gif

but jia you jia you ok? mummies here are all supporting u. just yell if u need any help, advice or a keep-me-going pep talk
happy.gif

Back