IVF Mummies-To-Be Support Group

Just faith,
My bb start drinking 200ml in her 3rd mth. Normally when she keep crying for more milk or having growth spurt. I will just increase another 15-20ml to test if she can finished. After several feeds, and no vomit and she can finish. I will give her the new volume from then on. Seem like ur bb can drink more also. But her growth percentile is 50% . so still within range.

Pink D
Congrats .....

Gan,
Your grace look chubby on photo too. I think the milk intake volume is really depending on individual bb.As long as bb is healthy n not under weight think shld be ok. But normally girl intake is lesser. Mine exceptional case.

Gan,
Yup solids when bb is 6mths, although during our parents time they start giving rice cereal at 4 mths already.

Actually if yr girl is willing to sit stroller tats the best cos bb will get used to carrying and u will end up carrying them till very big!

Pink d,
Congrats!

Can i know if all of you let your babies share bottles or do each twin get their own specific bottle?

Also, what's the difference between barrier cream and nappy rash cream? Is it really necessary to use 2 different types of cream for diapers?

I also want to chk whether aloe Vera gel works better than d nappy rash cream? Recently learnt fm my Sis of an organic aloe Vera gel n she told me it works wonder for adults but I hv yet to chk whether it's safe for babies?

barrier cream is usually a milder cream to create a layer on the skin so that the skin is protected from direct contact with pee/poo.
nappy rash cream is to cure nappy rash, usually stronger and with healing properties.

barrier cream will do for a start. if bb never gets diaper rash then it won't be necessary to use nappy rash cream.

rostrum,
i've used aloe vera gel before. personally i find nappy rash cream still works faster to heal nappy rash.

grumpus,
what brand is a barrier cream? I read that most pp are using Destini (blue) packaging. Is that nappy rash or barrier cream then?

Syrah I m using desitin(blue tube) at night, this is a barrier cream . Find it useful now as we dun change diaper at night unless Bb poo. Daytime I use Avent bottom balm, also help prevent nappy rash but I find it more moisturizing.

Pink d congrats! Have a thriving moo moo career!!

Can consider using Avent bottom balm.. Acts as a mosituriser and prevents and heals nappy rash.. I been using on my twins since birth and they nvr develop any rash..

Congrats pink d!

Talking abt milk vol.. My pd says a 1year old bb drinks 1 litre of milk.. My girls are 3 mths old drinking 120ml.. She say is fine.. Can continue this amt till 1 yr old.. No need to increase if bb doesnt cry for more... Hmm..

Ah...mystery finally solved! Thanks Gan, grumpus, baby!
happy.gif

Baby,
My elder girl drank 100ml until 8mths old. But of cos after 6mths supplemented with solids. After 8mths she drank 120ml, 1yr old she was drinking 150ml 4-5 times a day.

Sorry... i still have more questions.

1) What brand of baby shampoo/bath/lotion/powder is recommended?

2) Are all the above mentioned necessary?

3) Have read some mummies using cornstarch powder and also oil to massage their babies. What's cornstarch powder for? When do we use it?

Thanks in advance for answering all my silly questions.
happy.gif

Syrah think not advisable to use powder for newborns, they may breathe in when u apply. If u want u can use liquid talc but that is something I bought but never use till now! Hehehe. For shampoo and body bath, there is 2 in 1 like Avent, Johnson .

Day we bought the Quinny zapp last year, the seat is not inclined sufficiently for young babies, been using the maxi cosi. But find it very ma fan to take the car seat in and out. So today bought the zapp extra seat but not tried yet coz only delivering on 21 march.

Syrah,
I just use good ole Johnson n Johnson top to toe body wash. I dun use separate shampoo n bath. Other popular brands - mustela, avent, california bb.....there r lots!!
Dun use powder unless it's talc free, but still not recommended cos the fine particles might irritate bbs nose. Bb lotion also not really necessary but u can use a bit to massage bb instead of oil.
Cornstarch powder is used in place of powder cos it's talc free and natural.

Gan,
Oh.So u only got the zapp xtra seat. I am looking at zapp xtra too coz it can fit nb bb. Will probably get my hb to go down to take a look.

Congrats Pink d!

Baby,
The triump girdle which covers the thigh is easy to pull down? I wanted to get yours initially to cover the thigh as well but I didn't as I was afraid that it would be difficult to pull down to pee. Maybe I'll go and check it out again since it's not so difficult to pull down. I still need to work on my buttock and thigh to slim down further ;( Still can't wear most of the pre-pregnancy clothes yet!

Grumpus,
I just PM u my email add. U can add me in FB.
I went to try out the carriers today. The Patapum carrier is not suitable for my babies yet as there's no neck support. The boss suggested that I get the Manduca carrier. I tried but didn't feel comfortable carrying my girl. Can feel tension on my waist. Maybe I'm not used to wearing. I think I'll probably get Ergo carrier instead.
We can probably meet up in Apr first and meet again in May/ Jun. Let's confirm the date again in 2 weeks' time since it's still early.

Syrah,

I don't use powder on my baby. Don't think it necessary. I use Johnson baby bath for hair n body. As for face n body lotion,I'm using califonia baby products.

Bing,
I'm using babybjorn carrier . So far so good for me.

Fashion spree,
U using baby bjorn carrier? It can only carry up to 25lbs which I thought the babies will outgrow soon. Is it easy to use? I was at mothercare last week and saw the sample but didn't get to try with my babies. I'm actually considering the Air model as the Synergy or original models look very hot with the thick paddings.

Bing,

Mine is the air model. That material is better and I feel is lighter. So far so good for me. My bb is bigger size than urs. If she can fit in comfortably think urs shld not be a issue. The best is to try it with ur bb.

Anyway, my bb sit on pram more often. I only use the carrier to places where pram is not so convience.

Hello ladies!!
happy.gif

Thanks singapoh, panda n just faith for being My "spokeswomen" LOL
Thank u ladies for ur wishes!

I popped my boy last afternoon .. Cant believe Im a mommy now.. He is 50cm long but only 2.5kg.. Dr Paul overestimated his weight by 600g
sad.gif

Anyway I just hope he grows big n plump Soon... Otherwise I heart pain...

Pink d isn't it a wonderful feeling to hold your baby? =) dun worry about the weight, ur prince will catch up fast! My gal was 2.77kg at birth n at 11 weeks she was 5.99kg. Soon u will have a little sumo prince when u beef him up.

Pink d,
Yr boy is quite close to my girl. My girl was 48cm and 2.5kg at birth. She's 5kg at 8wks.
Dun worry, yr boy will catch up and soon u'll be complaining tat u can't carry him for long anymore :p

Pink D
Congrats on being mummy and don't worry, bbs put on weight very fast.

Grumpus/Gan/Working_wife/Daylesford/Bing/Fashion_spree/mummies
You all should go ahead and meet up first as some of you may be starting work soon. Then in May/June see whether u all have time or not to meet up.

Pandawife
About bb swimming, its up to you. Yesterday I already brought baby to the beach but just sit up to waist, water abit cold.

Gan/Blissful
Regarding starting bbs on solids, actually up to individual, its ok, although many recommend solids at 6 mths. I started #1 on cereal at 4 mths, cos she started teething at 3+ mths, so felt she was ready.
Now with #2, I also plan to start solids at 4 mths. bb will let u know if they want to take or not. I have a friend whose bb reject solids until 10 mths.

grumpus, planning to go to the pool at my bro's place coz my parents swim there regularly. wkdays no crowd.. but might wait until they are 3-4mths old... worried about the water being too cold as well...coz the pool doesnt hv much sun exposure.

i wish smtimes i can fast forward the time..to bring myself n the bbs to a time tht they are easier to care for! last night the 2 little boys fuss from 7pm - 11pm..me n hb nearly went bonkers.. n this morning my younger boy dun want to drink from bottle again...so got to latch him until he is happy...:S

my mum kept saying how come my bbs fuss so much leh.. n she will smtimes cannot control herself n scold my bbs...haiz.... during such times, i wish i hv 3 pairs of hands to carry n feed all of them myself.

mummies..does ur bbs fuss when they are not sleeping? or they can play on their own for long periods? mine if not sleeping, will fuss, and wanna be carried.. smtimes even carry also not happy..cry n cry :S

bubblybear, how old is ur bb? wow.. ur bb very happening, already went to the beach! i m tinking of getting neck floats n let them swim..

Panda,
i got a neck float for my elder girl, she was a real water bb. until now she still loves swimming. waiting for #2 to be a bit older then we can all swim together
happy.gif

it's ok for yr mum to scold a bit lah, it's just for her to let off steam. otherwise also can get very frustrating.

my mum is very good with bbs and she always tells me, when bb is full and not uncomfortable, they will sleep or be contented to lie quietly by themselves. when they fuss, there is a reason. of cos it's easier said then done. sometimes when my bb fuss i will ask my mum what she wants and my mum will also say dunno! must trial and error.

my younger girl can sit quietly and entertain herself for abt 20mins. and that is considered very good already cos bbs hv very short attention span. my elder girl was definitely less than that. sometimes my younger girl fusses cos she's bored. everyday i play 'musical chairs' with her. awhile on the cot with mobile, a while on the rocker, awhile in the pram while i talk to her, carry awhile to play/walk etc.... when all those dun work anymore it's either wet, needs to burp, hungry, sleepy etc....

it's definitely easier with only one bb cos u can slowly trial and error and figure out wat they want. even with one elder and one younger kid, i sometimes already blur and hv no time to 'settle' either my elder or younger cos i can only deal with one at a time. needless to say u hv 3 and all still babies!

Pandawife
He is 9 wks old and cos #1 wants to play sand so just bring both.

My bb usually fuss when want to feed. But after feed he is usually good, can sit on the rocker for quite long, either play on his own or his eyes follow people around. Comes late afternoon, if he is awake, he may not want to sit/lie down for long, so usually bring him out of the house for a stroll. At night after his last feed, he will want to lie down on his bed and will go to sleep himself.

Every bb is different, u have 3 so get all the different pattern bbs. Just have to endure, the days will pass very quickly. I believe when they are older, u will wish they are small little bbs again so nice to cuddle and hold.

But you have 3 bbs, one time close shop, I think of having one more, but got to get pregnant again and start the cycle all over.

Bing
The girdle needs some strength when taking off.. Not as easy as taking off a normal panty lah...
But its good that it covers the thigh and butt.. The lady says it can help saggy butt after pregnancy..
One bad thing is the material abit thick.. Will feel warm.. So when sweat.. It gets uncomfy...

Pandwife, my girl need entertainment when not sleeping. My dad have to talk to her if not have to carry. Your mum is just tired. I have already scold n hit her backside when she fuss as I almost went crazy. You are a very good mother having 3 still very claim.

Bubbybear, tks. Must likely I will give my girl cereal at 4mth before I start work then my dad will not be to stress up.
happy.gif

Pandawife someone mentioned before babies either eat, sleep or fuss? Guess this is their job! For us we have to feed, entertain, pacify. Ur mum is just letting out steam so dun take it to heart. I dun think ur babies are any more fussy than ours , just that with 3 the fussing cld seem endless coz even 1 settle down, the next one cld start. Maybe that's the reason why ur mum made that comment . But when they are older, yours wld be alot of fun coz the 3 can play together. That is something I m envious of multiples mummies coz their babies have company to play, talk, fight. Depending if I have the energy to start the whole cycle again in my 40s n if God wld bless me with another child, my gal cld be the only child n wld be more lonely. So hang on! U have gone a good job, soon u wld be having lotsa fun as they are mobile.

Talking abt fussing, my gal decided to fuss in sushi tei when we were having lunch. Carry her, cannot sit down else cry, so I have to pace up n down sushi tei to make her sleep.=s

Pandawife, as you know, my gal is 1 week younger than your triplets. When she is not sleeping, I will put her on my bed and let her play on her own. She usually like to stare at the windows and look at the colourful laundries. At the same time, we play music in the background. If she just finish her milk, will put her in the rocker, again, she will entertain herself.I noticed that as long as nobody gets near her, she will not ask to be carried. Thats why I often tell hubby and MIL, dun get near her unless very free nothing to do. my gal can be understanding at times when I told her : "mummy is busy. Play by yourself"..... Now she can sit in the rocker for than an hr, fuss abit, and I know it's time to sleep. Hehehe.

Thanks Grumpus, will get d barrier cream then..

Mummies, seems like alot of u getting d rocker.. Is it a necessity to pacify babies?

Just faith,
Wow, yr girl is so guai! When my girl has had enuff of sitting by herself, she will start calling for ppl and if no one comes she'll start screaming the hse down.

Rostrum,
I wouldn't say it's a necessity but it is useful as an additional place to 'park' yr bb when they're awake/fussing/bored.
Especially in the early mths when they're not mobile yet, it can be quite boring for them to keep staring at the same things. Hence the use of cot mobiles, rockers and play gyms.

Once they start crawling, they're usually no so interested in these anymore.

working first time mummy, for the filling of tax, can we claim the working mum relief if our baby is borned last year?

Back