IVF Mummies-To-Be Support Group

Gan,

As I'm going for csect. The bindle is to wrap ard my tummy after bb is carry out. Cos for csect we cant go for Malay massage at least a mth later or so cos of the wound. So I need the bindle to tighten my loose tummy. For u if u going for natural birth normally after delivery, 3 to 5 days later the Malay lady will bind and massage for u.

CONGRATS Bing!
happy.gif

Bing
Congrats!! Yr twins have good weight!!
Rest well and enjoy yr precious little ones!!
happy.gif

Gals
Been a long time since i come here... Miss this forum..
This afternoon went for ctg... Show some mild contractions but dr allow me to go home.. Will see him on my usual appt on monday...
The mild contractions was detected on the earlier part when the ctg starts.. I think cos i walk to the labour ward.. After the ctg runs for an hr.. No more contractions... So i think i really need to rest rest rest...

Im lying on my bed most of the time... Except for gng to loo.. Bathe... Eat my meals... I did some minor walking.. I now bathe sitting down... Hopefully all these will help..
But its really not easy to lie in bed whole day... My legs is v aching.. Painful when i stand up and walk.. Think i lie down too much during my 5 days hosp stay... Thou dr gave me the flight socks to improve my blood circulation... It still painful in my calfs and thighs...

Panda
Great minds think alike!! Haha.. U ask for me while im posting here... Hee..

Hows things with u? Like v long nvr talk to u liao... Miss u ah... Hehe...
Im looking forward to my mon appt.. Anxious to know the weight of my bbs...
Im not ambitious... Im only aiming for 34 weeks... Another 5 more weeks... Really hope i can tahan till then...

Baby! I m lying in bed missing u too! Hahaha... Last night I ate ice red bean n thought of u ...

Me still the same..sleepy most of the time n getting heavier.. My hb oso ask me nt to wait until 37wks ..he scared my tummy so big I cannot tahan... Dr paul did say tht its quite safe to deliver at 34weeks... Will see what he says when I see him for my next checkup which is 32wks scan.

Ur babies hv good weights..no need to worry abt tht leh..its probably gd for u to minimize movements... I do simple leg n hand exercises sitting down...to hv some circulation.. I noticed my calves hv muscles from carrying my body weight Liao..

Panda
Wahh... Red bean ice... Yummy... But i cant really eat now.. Better dont eat too much cold tins now... I crave for red bean soup.. So ask my mum to cook tml.. Hehe.. Now my mum staying over to take care of me so that i can rest in bed.. Meals are taken care of...

My dr also say he aims 34 weeks for me too... He say bbs born at 34 weeks is good.. Bbs can go home with mother.. Now near 30 weeks.. I already feel hard to move around... The weight is straining my legs... Esp when lie down most of the time..

I hope my bbs are abt 1.5kg when go scan on mon... Cos 2 weeks plus ago.. They are abt 1.2kg...

The med that control my contractions is not easy to handle.. The side effects are quite strong... Headache.. Heart beating faster.. Shaky hands...

Yr next appt is at 32 weeks... After this visit.. Gng to deliver very soon... Excited and anxious hor...

Baby..it's gd to hv ur mum staying w u.. I was about to ask u about this... Whole of this week I m home alone...mum let me rest at hm coz she noticed I m sleeping alot ...

I m still hoping I can tahan as close to full term as possible..if babies never wanna come out earlier..i will deal with the discomfort...keeping my fingers crossed..

Wow...ur med has bed side effects leh... Mine so far still ok.. Hv not felt anything different... But I must say unknowingly..the jabs give me assurance that the babies will be fine in there...

Panda
Strangely.. I dont feel tired leh... Althou i lie down in bed.. I cant sleep le... Dont feel sleepy at all... Still hve lots of energy... Probably cos u carrying 3... Sleeping its good.. Can rest.. Good for u and bbs...

Of cos we wana aim as close to full term as possible.. But at 34 weeks im more than happy lo... As long as bbs are healthy and can go home with me... As the date is drawing nearer... Start to have cold feet.. Totally dont know what to expect...

baby, i also tink its the 3 babies making me very tired.... plus my sleep at night is always very interrupted with pee trips.. so make up for it during the day.....

nowadays they are always very active...smtimes feels like all 3 are playing together, and i cant move...just sit/lie down let them play..coz so exhausted....

true lah..all of us wanna try to be as close to 37wks if possible.... but at the same time be mentally prepared tht it might be earlier...

talk about cold feet, i m still in denial! haha.. dun wanna tink about it.. stress myself... i just sleep, eat, watch tv n surf net everyday....and look forward to the next checkup!
happy.gif

Pandawife ,

Try not drink more water before sleep. It will make u pee more. I try to cut down the water n it work for me. Used to go toilet a few times I'm the night till now twice the most.

Bing
Congrats ! The day is finally here, enjoy your motherhood.

Panda
U r up pretty early ! If not bcos have to entertain my #1 and finish some work, I would still be sleeping in on a Sunday.

Irene
U usually start with the long protocol, it is the safer one for those doing it the first time. Leave it to your Dr, they do it too many times, to know which is better for you.

My little joy
Don't think too much, focus on the living as u are already blessed. I only have 1 frostie left, worst than u. But by God's grace, he let me fell pregnant naturally and am now into 31 wks. U never know what life has in store for u.

fashion spree,

i have to drink 2 cups of milk before i sleep, if not middle of night will wake up very hungry ... i don't drink other fluids after 8pm..

bubbybear, my babies wake up at 5am n start playing..i try to ignore them...but by 6am, i feel hungry! hahaah... i woke up for a cup of milk, then crawl back to bed again at 7am slept until now.
happy.gif

Panda
Sometimes envy u have the luxury of staying home, free and easy can do whatever u like. For me, it will just feel worst at work, if I get back to sleep once I get up that early. Right here waiting patiently for leave to start before xmas, then it would be a good 6 mth being a SAHM. Frankly, speaking am afraid to stay at home for so long....

bubbybear, why u afraid of stay at home for so long?

i m looking forward to time w my babies... told hb i wanna be home for at least 6 mths before heading out to work again...... then after thinking, i ask him if i can stay at home for 2 yrs..LOL......

of coz, once babies are out, i cannot sleep as n when i like lah... but its all worth it lah.. after what we have gone thru to have them...

Panda
Cos never done it b4, the last time was 3 mths and with 1 baby, so not that bad. In fact, going back to work is like a break away from home routine lor. Then thinking staying home with 2 kids, its more challenging. Of course, cannot be compared to you, u have 3 babies one shot.

bubbybear, treat it as spending quality time with ur kids? many working mothers i know would love to hv the luxury to take such a long break to spend time with their children.

how old is ur #1?

Panda,
hehe u hv no kids so far so u dunno what it's like. sometimes staying at home 24/7 with the kids makes u wanna go back to work!!
especially when they're really young and all that screaming and u hv no idea wat they want. work is MUCH easier...

bubbly bear u only staring ur leave just before christmas? That day boss asked me a i ok to work full day now or i shld work 1/2 day and rest 1/2. Think if dr loh didn't order anymore HL, i will work till dec, told boss i will start MIA in mid dec
. Now counting down to mid dec, then is 5 mths plus of no work for me. =)

pandawife i also wake up 3 to 5 times every nite to pee...i think maybe my bb move press against my bladder. If u stay home after birth for 2 yrs, u will be taking care of the 3 baobeis alone for 2 yrs??

Baby good to hear ur mum is staying with u, mummy is the best. I now miss my mum's cooking...after 1 week already sick of eating outside food every meal. If deliver at 34 weeks, it wld be early dec?

Panda,

I agree with grumpus. It's not easy to be sahm. 1 baby already so tiring and u got 3. Maybe u wanna go back to work after 2 days! =p

grumpus/singapoh, u dont spoil my "mummy" dream lah! hahaah.. let me dream somemore... before reality hits! LOL

gan, no no, i cannot take care of 3 babies alone.. my mil n parents will continue to help me.. but they can take turns..no need all three of them be here 24/7....

but hor, my mum wants me to go back to work leh..she says dun stay at home too long.. she dun want me to become motherhen at home! diao.....she says maximum 6 mths for me to tbf...after tht go work....:p

Singapoh,
aiyo, i also dunno how u do it. Pump for yr girl, latch yr younger boy and still take care of an active toddler.
no wonder u lose weight so fast!! does yr hb help out much?

i already told my hb that he will hv to pull more weight around the hse when he's around. laundry, folding clothes, washing/cleaning etc all delegate to him liao. i only focus on the kids...

Panda,

I m just preparing u for "real motherhood" hehe... Really lei.. It's really tiring. If u hv reliable help, go bk to work.

Singapoh,

u make it sounds like a nightmare leh...hmm.. i was tinking since mine are triplets and chances are i will not wannna have number 4...so i want see the kids thru the first 2 yrs of their development n growth.. this is smthing once missed, cannot get experience again.

the 1st year will definitely be alot of hardwork and very tiring... but after tht shld be better?

Grumpus,

My hubby helps when he is around but I still got to prepare and clean up after him. :s

I usually prepare my barang barang a day before, eg scooping out fm in fm container, breakfast (cornflakes, raisins,blueberries in a container), clothes for my big son. Set the timer for laundry. Lining the stroller (I put my bb in the living room) with cloth diaper. Choose clothes for bb for after bathing, etc...

I survived 3 weeks with my big son at home. Now he is well enough to go bk to CC. Yahoo! I sent my sotong maid back to agency 5 days ago. That's why I hv lost more weight! Ha..

Panda,

Maybe because I didn't have any help at all, mine was a "nightmare" Keke..

2nd time for me now is more relaxing and bochap but having 2 babies is totally a different experience plus I hv a very active toddler. I was trying to tahan until 1 day I felt that I couldn't cope on my own anymore. My twins were 11.5 weeks then.

My ex maid didn't help me much. I think she purposely took her own sweet time doing housework. She spent hours in the kitchen. Dunno what she was doing there while I struggle with twins on my own.

Hi MTB,
Wow i feel so great .. and was longing to come to this thread ... atlasttttttt iam here .. iam 6weeks + and heard the hb and EDD 18th June 2011.

Reading the archives .. wow.. there are more worries during pregnancy.. endless.. i guess.

Congrats Bing.

Baby , take care...

All the best to you all and have a smooth delivery...

i can remeber many of you here.. was longing to joing you.. but still long way to go.

fancy! welcome on board! *HUGZ*
happy.gif

Singapoh, i cannot imagine myself alone w 3 babies at home! hahaha... part of the reason tht i wanna stay at home longer is also becoz we hope not to engage a maid..... so with my mil n parents plus me, we shld b able to manage with weekly part time help at later stage....

its nice to have you n grumpus here to share ur experiences...definitely lots of things to learn from u gals
happy.gif

Singapoh,
hahaha...sounds like my hb too. once in awhile he ki siao offer to cook lunch/dinner. but that means i hv to prepare everything for him swee swee and he just throw everything into the frying pan.
but ok lah, he's well trained to do laundry and even fold nappies. ironing all the time he has been doing his own. vaccum and mop he can also handle.

eh ask u ah, since u just survived 3 wks at home with 2 kids of different ages.
how do u manage the routine? cos i assume elder boy is on one nap a day and young boy is still on 2 naps? so when one is sleeping the other is awake? when u put yr elder boy to sleep, wat happens to the younger boy, and vice versa?

i'm just thinking of the daily schedule and i blur already.

u still hv my email? add me to fb lei

Panda,
i wouldn't say the 1st yr is more difficult than the 2nd yr or vice versa. it's a different kind of difficult.
1st yr is endless feeding, changing diapers and settling their crying. there's a lot of changes so almost every other mth it's something new and u're trying to figure out what they want.

2nd yr they've got more established routines, they know how to express themselves better. but it's more behavioural. endless screaming/nagging to go bath/eat/sleep etc....especially when there's 3 of them, difficult to get all of them in line at the same time.

my suggestion is to try to get all 3 on the same routine as early as possible. feed, bath, sleep at the same time, all together. otherwise it will be much more difficult when they get older. one will be running this way and the other the other way.

grumpus, yes yes... angela also advise me to try n do things in a scheduled manner... tht way everybody can get some rest...if not will be quite chaotic!

Panda,

Since u already assigned yr babies to yr parents and PIL, u can just choose a maid that just need to clean yr house, etc. It's harder to find a maid that is good with babies.

Grumpus,

During those 3 weeks, I started my day by bf my bb first. He continues zzz after feeding.

My big son wakes up around 8 am +. Give him milk and he continues playing in his room. Give him pre prepared bfast. I continue zzz till 10 am wz bb. Hehe..

Bring son over to my room. Bathe bb.

Bring both downstairs. Son play/watch tv in living room while bb in stroller in dry kitchen and I cook in wet kitchen.

Bb nap. Feed son and myself.

Bb wakes up. Bf.

Bathe son. Give him fm. Make him nap.

Usually while son nap, I lie down on e bed with bb, comfort suckling till we both zzz..

Also try to bf, pump, housework, etc in between.

Cook dinner, feed, eat.

Bb nap evening around 6 pm

Hb bk from work. He bathe both while I "close" the 1st floor

I bathe, bf, pump, zzz

Singapoh,
hehe thanks! hmmmm seems yr big son hv to occupy himself quite abit hor....and the bb is like permanently attached to yr breast, and u hardly get to nap in between.....no wonder u say daily long haul flight!

My son can play on his own but he throw tantrum in between. That one I didn't include. Hehe.. He feeds himself rice and halfway he is gone to play.  His favorite phrase is "I don't want!"

Grumpus,

Sometimes on purpose. Now he is showing a bit of jealously but he never push bb away when I carry them. He will say he sayang them
happy.gif

Panda
I love to spend time with the kids, but grumpus is right, work is much easier. I prefer to have work/life balance. I get home before sunset, so have plenty of time to spend time with #1 everyday. But anyway, my mum says #1 is better behave when I'm not around, so I'm getting a bad deal if I stay home...hahaha. My #1 is 2.5 yrs.

All kids are different, some parents have harder time than others. Like my neighbour's kid, so hyper, same age as my #1, the mum and grandma cannot tahan handle alone, too tiring, so the kid spend 1/2 day each in each of their house.
But it does get easier in terms of needs, but just a different set of issues when they go through different phases. But I think everyone would agree, we wouldn't want to trade them for any other things.

Gan
Yes, I'm pushing my limits, only stopping work last week of Dec at 39 wks but I'm blessed with a smooth pregnancy, so I think I can take it. Plus last pregnancy, I stop at 38 wks, everyday counting down to bb popping but at the end delivered only at 41 wks. Anyway, if bb decided to pop early, will start ML early lor.

Grumpus, Singapoh
I think comparing my hb and yours, I think my hb getting a good deal. He rarely needs to do work around the house one, cos by the time he gets home, #1's needs would have been settled, he just come home to play with her. But he does get going when required.

Back