IVF Mummies-To-Be Support Group

Bing - Oct 29
Nancy - ?
Tickles - ?
Grumpus - ?
Pandawife - 25 Dec 2010
Baby - ?
Just Faith -?
working_wife - 7 Jan 2011 (assuming 37 weeks)
Gan - 10 Jan 2011
Babyhopeful - 07 Feb 2011
Rose -14 Feb 2011
JJ -03 May 2011

Gan,

Think I will book origins too, bef end dec they hav promotion package. Quite worth.

Btw, I received my Goo.N free sample, but they never state the size on the packaging... hav you received yours?

rose, my hubby said the goon diapers received but coz i am not staying at my own home now, i asked him to put in the wardrobe with bb clothes. Not sure what size.

Pandawife if 25 dec really nice christmas presents! I was hopping i deliver around end dec but now knowing dr loh is away, i hope to deliver around my edd so that dr loh deliver for me. Kekeke

Rose..yup..exactly 37weeks is Xmas day! But I Tink high chance doc will do c sect before tht... Coz I not v tall nor big build..carrying the 3 of them til then might b very challenging.. Even my hb oso starting to doubt if I k tahan full term..he says so long as bb gd weight n developed enuff..k bring them out..he scared i cannot sustain the energy.

Panda,

It will also be jolly nice to deliver b4 xmas day, festive spirit in the air.
happy.gif
Looking forward to xmas...

Gan, yeah lor..I kept telling my babies tht they r daddy n mummy's Xmas presents..so must stay inside until Xmas! Hahaha ... just now my hb actually told me if safe to bring them out end nov...he is ok... Aiyoh..I told him he must encourage me...every extra day in there is bonus! Dunno issit the thot of my big tummy doubling in size thts freaking him ...

Today , tps is very pack. I waited for about 2 hr then my turn. Just finish appt with dr loh.

Gan,
Don't worry abt the low placenta. Miracle could happen. I was having placenta previa till week 35 then my placenta move up. Just have a placenta scan today. Still low but dr loh say if i wanna try natural still can manage to squeeze through. I decided do a csect on 3 nov. So next wed I will be seeing my bb. So ur placenta may move up too.

Bing,
Today settle all my birth plan with dr loh. Sign all the doc for the csect on 3 nov. I will choose epidural . I want my hubby to be there n I can witness my bb once it being carry out.
Very excited and scared now.
My bb is 3 kg as per today scan and I also gain abt 20kg till date.

Rose, Just Faiith & Gan,
Thanks for the tips & advice. So I'll just have to inform the nurse when making appt that I want to see him at pte suite?
Btw will seeing him at TPS makes a difference when it comes to the cost of delivery? Will they charge more too?

fashion spree ur bb has good weight! so 1 more week to ur delivery...=) ur c section in morning?

Panda, end nov like very fast leh....like another 4 weeks. But what u said is right another day in our tummy is a bonus.

There is philips carnival sale on 30 to 31 oct 9am to 6pm, can buy avent products. Sale at 620 lorong 1 toa payoh

twin plus annual garage sale on 13 november at horse city 100 turf club, 10am to 3pm. Selling pre loved pregnacy and baby stuff like strollers, nursury decors, nursing essentials, toys etc

Just updated my EDD.

Bing - 29 Oct 2010
Nancy - ?
Tickles - ?
Grumpus - ?
Pandawife - 25 Dec 2010 (assuming 37 weeks)
Baby - ?
Just Faith - 5 Jan 2011
Gan - 10 Jan 2011
Rose - 14 Feb 2011
JJ -03 May 2011

Hello mummies to be.

To start off, i would like to say that i am possibly preg with my number 4.

I have an elder child in pri sch, and i have a pair of twins who are 1 yrs old via ivf.

I have been spotting for a week now, and i casually told by dh tat i would like to test for preg as this spotting is on and off. I tested it today and bingo, its positive.
I kind of closed shop already, and just last Sat, I went to the IVF ctr to dispose my 7 embbies. I was very sad to dispose it, but I was thinking it will be too exp to have another child.

The irony is tat this time round, I got naturally preg. I tried for sooo many years aft my first born was born but I had miscarriages, empty sac, ectopic, and finally did an ivf to conceive the twins. It is like it really is God's plan for us to have another one.

Thus this has raelly taken us by surprise.
I am now flooded wif apprehention, worry, and joy. Though i waited for a long time to conceive a bb, and now this one, I am so worried I am unable to cope.

Financially is a strain too. Wif 4 kids, and i dun work. I told my hubb that if the spotting means its a natural miscarriage, then we will let it be. But if it is ok, shd we keep the bb??

As much as i wld like to, i find it diff to manage the time (esp with the one yr olds) and to teach and guide an older child.

I feel so down (though i shd be happi and blessed). I never expected i will get preg on my own without help, aft all I tried for so many years.

I know it sounds crazy tat i would want to take away a life, but I am in a moment of confusion rite now. I jus need a listening ear. I have been thru like all of u before, wanting and waiting for a child. But alot of worries fill my head now, like there is no more rm for my bb to sleep in (as I already have 3), my saloon car cannot fit another one v comfortably esp as I hav a maid to help out. Also the education and health care that comes wif a new bb will def set us back financially.

happyhippo,

Baby should be doing her CTG now.

Baby,

When doing CTG, please avoid using your hps etc. Minimise your movements, so that you can have a more accurate reading of the babies' heartbeat.

Dun think about the hospital bill for now. Okay?

Rose/Gan

I received the Goon diaper "newborn" sample a few days back. I just opened it today though. I find the diapers so thin leh. I wonder how many pees can it last. Initially wanted to use my mum's address to get size S, since each address can only ask for one sample.

i compared with huggies diapers. It feels so different. I think I will give size S a miss this time. The Goon diaper really cant make it leh.

Anjo4,

Do you know you are talking to all IVF mummies here? Most of us have gone through IVF to get conceived. Whether we end up having singletons, twins or triplets, it is really god's will. And I never complain to God how come I dun get twins, like what most MTBs have.

I will never encourage anyone to go through A*******, sorry i hate to spell this word. It is really not fair to the little one, who fought so hard to stick to you.

You are very very very lucky to conceived naturally for yr #1. And when you went through IVF, you conceived your #2 and #3. And you are now lucky again to have conceived naturally for #4. Many readers here dying to have #1 - but God denied their prayers.

So what if your saloon car cant fit all your kids? You can make other arrangements for that. My gf, who is mother of 5, aged between 4 to 16, are squeezing happily into their toyota vios.

If I end up having 4 kids one day and asked to sell my car to lighten financial load, I will happily do it. Nothing beats hearing the kids' laughters at home.

Just my thoughts.....

Syrah,

Actually you can call the appointment line and asked to change your nx appt, already scheduled at clinic D, to be changed to TPS. Quick quick change to TPS. The waiting there is shorter.. at least the sofas are more comfy and nice hot milo to keep you company. hehe.

Not sure abt delivery charges. The difference in delivery charges will be if u choose between premier or classic packages.

Thank you Just Faith for your advice....

I apologise that I am writing all these. I jus tot that since I hav gone thru ivf as well, I could seek some advice here. I know it sounds crazy to hav the tot of A* the bb. I tink I am jus too shocked beyond words aft getting a natural positive.

I am now feeling a host of emotions. Yes, I can somehow make do with the car, the house, etc..wif 4 of them. What i am worried is the time factor for all 4, and of course the financial part.

I had my number 1 as an only child for 7 yrs. And with the new arrivals. some how our lifestyle and activities has changed. I am worried I cannot be a gd enuf mummy to all of them at the end.

Anjo4,

Think you need to sit down and discuss with your hubby. No one understands your family other than yourself and hubby.

Most of us cant tell you what to do.

Goon is known to b a premium range, same or better than mamypoko n pamper. I hv rec'd n used e sample for newborn. It's good but expensive n not tt convenient to get.

JUst Faith,

I registered for Goon samples w 3 addresses..so tht can let all 3 babies try. i quite like the fact that its so slim leh..wear liao baby will not end up with big backside..kekeke....

read the reviews that the absorbancy is very good despite its slim make..
happy.gif

Gan, you are right, end Nov is too fast! i m also not mentally prepared lor... gosh.... i told him not to even think about it... i will cope and manage with the tummy ....:p

but lately start to feel abit grouchy...from the constant exhaustion .. appetite also not so great...eat for the sake of eating.. will feel hungry ...but the thought of eating erks me...

Just faith,
Ya goon is premium like pampers wor. Thinner but better, same as our ultra thin pads. Very thin but can absorb lots. Huggies is too thick and bulky for my liking, bums get very hot.

pandawife, i think i am abit like u, i find eating tiring lately....like need alot of effort to chew. But have to eat coz baby need the nutrients. That's why last couple of weeks i asked my mum to cook noodles for dinner with vegw and meat coz i find easier to eat soupy stuff. But now mum is in hk, my dad has da bao tze char for me so that i eat meat and vege....

i think naturally u feel more tired than the rest of us earlier coz u got 3 baobeis. the wt of tummy is already 3 times mine. Just rest/sleep whenever tired bah.

anjo4, most mummies in the right sense of mind will not ask u to give up this baby, esp mummies like us who have to go thru IVF to conceive. To us, baby is God's gift...someone we wish for, someone who has been trying so hard and gone thru all methods and "hardships" to get....

But from a practical standpoint, please also think carefully whether you can afford this baby..whether you can still "give" to this baby....if ur answers are "NO", esp to the 2nd question, please do not bring this baby to the world to suffer........

Once you have made up your mind to have the baby, please proceed with your pregnancy without any more 2nd tots..jus look forward to receive ur little one..and love him/her as how you have loved your 3 kids...8)

gan

my Edd is just 1 day after u
happy.gif
wats ur baby's weight now?

pandwife
triplets ? wow exciting. how many months now?better rest more to avoid early contractions.

fashion
Congrates and have a smooth delivery
happy.gif

Going to meet my babies in less than 30hrs! Both excited and scared as I've not done any major operation before.

Baby,
I have your contraction is under control now and you can be discharged. Do rest more and minimize walking.

Fashion spree,
Wow! Your girl is 3kg now! Well done! I guess your past 2 months of bed rest really helps. My babies are 2.5kg & 2.7kg now. I doubt they can gain anymore weight as they are really too cramped inside now.
I'm excited and having jitters like you too! I'll be admitted at 7.30am tmr and delivering at 12.30pm. I think I'll miss my babies' kicks and punches after they pop.

Bing,
We have the same timing for delivery. Dr loh schedule for me 12.30pm my csect on 3 nov.

Same timing but not same day. Haha. Ya I'm very happy with the stable growth of my bb. I n my hubby also feel that my best rest since aug till now really help in every aspect . If I continue to work maybe will be diff.

Dr loh also very with bb weight n growth. He said to me my bb is full term and ready for delivery anytime. He suggest to me if anytime my contraction came in real n before 3 mov. I can try natural if I want to. Think he is really very pro natural. I will just need to monitor closely this few days on
My contraction since it getting more frequent.

Gan, aiyoh..no wonder u say no more homecooked food the other day... since preggie until now, i cant take outside soupy foods.. the taste of MSG erks me..

u everyday eat zi char huh? smtimes my hb will buy zi char..but only selected foods..coz i seem to find alot of outside food salty... end up drink water until full.. eat v little.....

yeah lor, i m resting alot... i find myself most comfortable when i m lying in bed.... even sit on sofa also feel tired de....

pleasance, yup..triplets, this week 29weks... i m full time resting at home and growing babies
happy.gif

bing, fashion spree, Jia You! We will be here rooting for both of u.. and looking forward to seeing adorable babies photos on FB
happy.gif

Just updated my EDD.

Bing - 29 Oct 2010
Nancy - 10 dec 2010 ( assuming 37 weeks)
Tickles - ?
Grumpus - ?
Baby - ?
Just Faith - 5 Jan 2011
Gan - 10 Jan 2011
Rose - 14 Feb 2011
JJ -03 May 2011

STB, Grumpus,

Think I mountain tortoise. Keep complaining to hubby Goon diaper so thin. LOL. Like "whisper" pad... can absorb or not?

So after listening to experience mummies' opinions, think i will go ahead to use my mum's, sis's add, aunties' addresses to get the samples.. LOL.

JJ, wow, you so fast order sample liao ah? then u gonna keep in drawer until may leh.

Grumpus, kapo with u, are u going to try for #3? you have any frozen eggs?

wow bing 30hrs.....i think i wld be too excited to sleep if i know i am delivering in 30 hrs. =)

will be looking forward to fashion spree and ur birth update!

Pleasance my bb is 1.2kg at 29weeks. Ur bb edd very nice all 1. =)

pandawife, i eat the zi char until abit scared coz i find oily...told my dad i will eat fishball bee hoon soup tonite plus a can of sardines. the little dreamers just called me, they delivering the shampoo and bodywash to me later this afternoon to my office. Will update....but ex leh! $48.80 =s

BABY how r u doing? r u discharged?

Just updated my EDD.

Bing - 29 Oct 2010
Fashion_Spree - 3 Nov 2010
Tickles - ?
Grumpus - ?
Baby - ?
Just Faith - 5 Jan 2011
Gan - 10 Jan 2011
Rose - 14 Feb 2011
JJ -03 May 2011

Just Faith,
hahaha, my hb ask me the same qn. i told him to ask me when #2 is abt 1 yrs old.
depends on how i'm coping with 2 kids on my own.
cos like now i'm already starting to feel very tired chasing after an active toddler as i reach 3rd tri.

there are also practical considerations like currently we hv no maid and hope not to hv to get one. so can we cope with 3? can our small 105sqm 5 room flat accomodate so many growing kids? wat if we do FET and end up with twins? then we'll hv 4 kids!

anyway, i hv 8 frosties left so we'll see how in a yr or 2
happy.gif

Updated my EDD.

Bing - 29 Oct 2010
Fashion_Spree - 3 Nov 2010
Tickles - ?
Baby - ?
Just Faith - 5 Jan 2011
Gan - 10 Jan 2011
Grumpus - 23 Jan 2011
Rose - 14 Feb 2011
JJ -03 May 2011

Just Faith - Yup ... I have habit to like to do things quick quick, my wedding like that too .. I like to collect everything into 1 corner.

currently i got those fabric storage box in my hse where i put all the misc bb items inside. Since the goon diapers come in sealed individual packages shouldn't be a prob keeping it for long .. now till late Apr (likely delivery cos twins) isn't too far away actually

Wow, bing, fashionspree and nancy r the nxt 3 to pop. Time passes so fast...

Anjo4,

I do not know your family situtation, but just felt that to deny your #4 to the family is unfair and cruel to him. I do not know your belief, but everything happens with a reason and purpose. You are staying in Singapore, not Africa or some third world country, you have the means to feed, educate and bring him up properly. You probably have to sacrifice more in order to balance among the four children, but at least you will not live with regrets or guilt in the future. As long as you know that you have done your best to bring up all your four children, whether they can excel or achieve well in the future will be entirely up to their own hardwork and destiny. You are not facing with the dilemma on whether to bring a physically ill or mentally retarded baby to this world, you just need some adjustments to the current lifestyle.

You never know, maybe your #4 is god's best gift to your family.

Grumpus,

Thanks for sharing. I understand we need to take into consideration those practical reasons.

For me, I am now 35+. Actually stopped working since I started SOIUI (mine was converted to IVF, due to overstimulation of eggs). I have been living with our savings. And hubby is also spending more time at home to watch over me. Though we have a maid, she is now staying over at mum's place. She will move in to stay with us 2 or 3 weeks before I deliver.

For me, I really hope I can chop chop and settle the kids issue. I really, really hope I can hv the FET as soon as my #1 is born, so that I may return to work like last time. According to Dr Loh, I should let my body rest for at least 6 months. Though he personally think 1 year is ideal. I currently have 3 frozen eggs left. Irregardless of eggs' qualities, I really hope I can use all 3 at one go and see how. Somewhat I feel very guilty towards the 3 eggs. All 3 fought so hard to grow to the minimum size... ....

Gan, will you be my cycle buddy nx year? hehe

Working wife,

KKH arranged us to see dietician after each doc visit.

I had slice of ham for breakfast. I heat it up first coz cold cuts hv bacteria in it.

I drink 1 L (4 cups) of milk everyday, now about that much too. Only yoghurt can replace milk. The only yoghurt GD MTB can take in Singapore is Yogplait for me Fat Free. Green and white packaging.

Back