IVF Jan 2018 cycle

Hi blue rose, thank you. I am in my 2ww and was curious about will mense come before bt for ivf? Scare to even think about this.
Hi LingLong

I heard it's possible, for me the day before my blood test I got a little pinkish spotting, I still thought was a good sign (heard bfp comes with spotting)...

My suggestion for you is... don't think about it, try divert ur attention to work and some activities... don't need to restrict yourself to bed rest, let the tww passes quickly n be a relaxed one... don't let your mind go wild...

I believed my next cycle, I can do better too... I learnt from my last experience...

Good luck ladies!!

@Blue Rose @BabyYL @Daledale Thanks guys.. Im so sorry to hear the news @Blue Rose.. Have faith.. ❤ Do you intend to do ur FET soon or u're taking a break first? Thanks for the assurance all. It was just that i only had 5 eggs retrieved and on day 3 doc said the eggs were all poor quality so best is to let them blast, which also meant i could lose them all.. Only 2 survived the blast, but so thankful there was 2. Was prepared for them to tell me there was none to transfer. I have a very low amh for my age.. So have to be prepared for the worst. It's such a rollercoaster ride isnt it?
Totally understandable coz i have low amh too. But its very good already to have 2 to survive the blast. That's a great achievement and good luck to you. Stick stick stick. Super gule for you.

Yes I admit & really envious on how blessed and fortunate you are... I am curious & trying to analyse on the success rate on twins, with your 3 shots 3 success experience...
Ya, perhaps I’m not fated to carry twins. There is no explanation why the 2nd embryo didn’t implant and how to ever know... it’s just fate. But it’s also ok with me. To be honest, to hear that there is BFP is already so good that I have never really questioned why no twins. Also less things to worry about during pregnancy as carrying twins is higher risk in general. I had a very smooth pregnancy for both my girls so cannot ask for more already.

Hi LingLong

I heard it's possible, for me the day before my blood test I got a little pinkish spotting, I still thought was a good sign (heard bfp comes with spotting)...

My suggestion for you is... don't think about it, try divert ur attention to work and some activities... don't need to restrict yourself to bed rest, let the tww passes quickly n be a relaxed one... don't let your mind go wild...

I believed my next cycle, I can do better too... I learnt from my last experience...I

Good luck ladies!!
To be honest, even I had things running thru my mind. Like “should I have squatted just now”, “will my coughing affect implantation?”... it’s normal to have such thoughts but don’t focus on them. During 2ww just let things be. Of cos take some precaution.

As a side note I’ve never had spotting before blood test. I did not really have any signs - discharge was normal too. Think everyone’s body reacts differently.

Totally understandable coz i have low amh too. But its very good already to have 2 to survive the blast. That's a great achievement and good luck to you. Stick stick stick. Super gule for you.
Thank u so much! Right.. It felt like a miracle to me.. They were only at 5 cells on day 3 and i understand that ideally an embryo should have 8 cells at that point. Even doc didnt have confidence these would survive the blast. So thankful these 2 persevered! Mine is 0.7amh.. What abt urs? N not sure if i miss ur posts, but what is ur story if u dont mind sharing? U've been through ivf?

Oh btw does anyone have any thoughts on taking milk or soya bean during the 2ww? Google has contradicting opinions on this..

So we not suppose to drink milk? Thought of making avocado milk shake =)
I was thinking of having this later too! There are articles consistently stating avocadoes are good during this period - but i rather take the shake than eat the fruit on its own.. There are some articles saying milk is good n some that say we should avoid - like this article here o_Ohttps://community.babycentre.co.uk/post/a6714535/milk

So we actually er on the same day?
Mine also 14 feb. Hope both of us bfp too. =)

Hi daledale, u and nadw have the same bt date. Mine was a day eariler. As for milk, i still do drink but lesser as i like milo more. So i drink milo every morning. I think is ok to drink milk but not cold one.

@Blue Rose @BabyYL @Daledale Thanks guys.. Im so sorry to hear the news @Blue Rose.. Have faith.. ❤ Do you intend to do ur FET soon or u're taking a break first? Thanks for the assurance all. It was just that i only had 5 eggs retrieved and on day 3 doc said the eggs were all poor quality so best is to let them blast, which also meant i could lose them all.. Only 2 survived the blast, but so thankful there was 2. Was prepared for them to tell me there was none to transfer. I have a very low amh for my age.. So have to be prepared for the worst. It's such a rollercoaster ride isnt it?
HI. .may I know what is your amh?

Do anyone drink peel fresh fruit juice? I drink it when it is not that cold. Just asking.
I want to know too.. I avoid for now as i thought might be too cooling for the body even if drunk not cold.. But im not sure.. Maybe @BabyYL can share her insight and experience:)

Last edited:
Hi, is there a faint line or am i thinking too much?

Attachments

• IMG_20180203_181121.jpg
    IMG_20180203_181121.jpg
    489.9 KB · Views: 329
As in u were told we should avoid milk? Thing is the nurse told me no dietary constraint - just to avoid raw seafood..
Well, it was thought milk will cause the womb to be more “slippery” hence affect implantation. So many avoid milk during 2ww.

Hi LingLong

I believed my next cycle, I can do better too... I learnt from my last experience...

Good luck ladies!!
Hmmm..pinkish spotting is terrific during the 1st half of your 2ww Cos it means that the embryo has implanted. If spotting occurs before BT, usually it doesn’t yield good results, based on past experience and observations from past threads

Hi, is there a faint line or am i thinking too much?
Hi i dont see any faint line but 3days is too early to test. Implant may not even takes place. Can be fake positive due to the trigger jab (hsg). Tcm told me appx 9-10 days for blast. 11-12 day for day 3 embryo transfer.

Thanks @Daledale Which tcm do u go to n how often do u go? How much is it?
I with tcm zou yu min at amk. I go 1-2 times a week for accupunture cause i dont like herb. $40 for 40min accupunture. I went 3 more times after et then she ask me stop wait for blood test result.

Last edited:
Hi LingLong

Good luck ladies!!

Pink spotting can be implantation blood but should be 3-5 days for blasto, 3-8 days for day 3 embyo. I didnt have any spotting last cycle when i bfp too

I with tcm zou yu min at amk. I got 1-2 times a week for accupunture cause i dont like herb. $40 for 40min accupunture. I went 3 more times after et then she ask me stop wait for blood test result.
It's not good to go too often after ET? Im 4dp5dt.. Is it too late for me to go?

It's not good to go too often after ET? Im 4dp5dt.. Is it too late for me to go?

The accupunture suppose to help in implantation. For blasto, inplantation takes place appx day 3-5. If you want try to book a slot on today or mon. Just pm u her contact. For mine is day 3 embryos that why i went 3 times, day 2, day 4, day 6 after transfer.

During these first 3 months, try to continue to adhere to a good diet and plenty of rest. Do not carry heavy things or if you exercise get clearance from your doctor first ok ;) I’m still nursing a very bad cough until I pulled my muscle in my rib cage. Finally saw a doctor yo get antibiotics as I tried to stay away from medication during the 2ww.

Hi babyyl, hope u get better now with your cough? I was thinking did you actually have any sign or symptom like implantation bleeding, or experience cramp for the whole of 2 weeks without any signs?

Hi ladies. 1st timer here. Since we r all the same route, will really appreciate some advice. M with kkh n had a failed fresh n frozen cycle. Now contemplating switching to nuh. Really confused.

Hi ladies. 1st timer here. Since we r all the same route, will really appreciate some advice. M with kkh n had a failed fresh n frozen cycle. Now contemplating switching to nuh. Really confused.
You can consider change doc in kkh or switch to nuh for a change of hands. Maybe yr chemistry with next doc better

Back