IVF Jan 2018 cycle

Hi babyyl, hope u get better now with your cough? I was thinking did you actually have any sign or symptom like implantation bleeding, or experience cramp for the whole of 2 weeks without any signs?
Sorry for the late reply! No particular symptoms and no cramping or bleeding during the 2ww.

Hi all, my BT is tomorrow but i'm already having my menses. So this cycle is still not successful for me... anyway, would like to ask for opinions. This is actually my 3rd fresh cycle and i only managed to have 1 embryo freezed from my last cycle. Now i've used up the grant for fresh cycle and the medisave claim, i'm not sure if i should try a 4th fresh cycle and pay full cash or should i try frozen cycle using my one and only freezed embryo? I'm turning 38 this year so i don't really have much time to try and chances of getting succesful in ivf is getting lower as well.

Hi all, my BT is tomorrow but i'm already having my menses. So this cycle is still not successful for me... anyway, would like to ask for opinions. This is actually my 3rd fresh cycle and i only managed to have 1 embryo freezed from my last cycle. Now i've used up the grant for fresh cycle and the medisave claim, i'm not sure if i should try a 4th fresh cycle and pay full cash or should i try frozen cycle using my one and only freezed embryo? I'm turning 38 this year so i don't really have much time to try and chances of getting succesful in ivf is getting lower as well.

We are pretty much in the same boat. I'm 38 and am going to do my 3rd fresh cycle in June. I just failed my FET and have one frozen embryo left. I discussed with my Dr and we decided to do a 3rd cycle first instead of using the one frozen embryo because 1) I want to put in 2 the next time 2) Because of age and the grant. My first cycle was done at a private hospital so I did not use up the grant. If my 3rd cycle only garner 1 embryo, I'm probably going for a 4th fresh cycle to exhaust the co-funding before I turn 40. My dr said it's called Embyro pooling and some ppl do that.

Have you exhausted the 3 FET co-funding also? If not then you can try doing FET using the co-funding. You never know, it could be your golden embryo. Otherwise you can do another fresh cycle so you can put in 2 the next time. My Dr did try to encourage me to put in 2 for my last FET because of my age but I decided to put in only 1 because I wanted a buffer and didn't want twins. I knew I'll be even more heartbroken if my FET fail and I have to do another fresh cycle. But after thinking, I think my next one I'll put in 2 to maximise my chances.

Like totally out of topic but I have a strong craving for a poke bowl (you know those rice bowls with seasoned raw salmon or tuna on top?... Ughhhhh.....Yumzzz.... haha... it's lunch time!

I've not done FET before as i only have very limited no. of embryos during each cycle. After transferring 2 embryos in each cycle, the rest of the embryos didnt survive except for the one from my last cycle. Since i've used up the co-funding for the 3 fresh cycles, i'm not sure if i want to do another fresh cycle which i will need to pay fully in cash and no guarantee that this fresh would be a success. My hubby is not willing to do so. Also since fresh cycle is not working on me, i'm thinking to try if FET works. But i'm worried that the embryo does not survive the thawing process. Really in a dilemma.

By the way, which hospital are you with?

I've not done FET before as i only have very limited no. of embryos during each cycle. After transferring 2 embryos in each cycle, the rest of the embryos didnt survive except for the one from my last cycle. Since i've used up the co-funding for the 3 fresh cycles, i'm not sure if i want to do another fresh cycle which i will need to pay fully in cash and no guarantee that this fresh would be a success. My hubby is not willing to do so. Also since fresh cycle is not working on me, i'm thinking to try if FET works. But i'm worried that the embryo does not survive the thawing process. Really in a dilemma.

Then perhaps you should do FET since there's $1200 co-funding for FET. Who knows, maybe you will strike with a FET instead of Fresh. :)

My first IVF was with Raffles Hospital.
My second was with NUH.

Yup can try fet. Maybe you will success with fet. Have faith.

If fet failed and no more co-funding, maybe can consider Dr Loh from TMC. He is quite famous for ivf too.

Then perhaps you should do FET since there's $1200 co-funding for FET. Who knows, maybe you will strike with a FET instead of Fresh. :)

My first IVF was with Raffles Hospital.
My second was with NUH.
Ya, i hope FET works for me. i will talk to my dr during my next appt. Hope he agree to do FET for me as well
Gd luck to u for ur cycle in jun

Yup can try fet. Maybe you will success with fet. Have faith.

If fet failed and no more co-funding, maybe can consider Dr Loh from TMC. He is quite famous for ivf too.
Thanks daledale... i was also considering if want to switch to private if no more co-funding. But have to change doc again, currently i'm with dr tan heng hao and quite comfortable with him.

Thanks daledale... i was also considering if want to switch to private if no more co-funding. But have to change doc again, currently i'm with dr tan heng hao and quite comfortable with him.
Me with dr tan heng hao too. Maybe can consider tcm tiao body too

Hello All, I am a late joiner n just came in here today. My hubby and I have decided on IVF aft failed tries normally, chlomid rounds and injection sessions at Mt E. I just called last week to KKH and my 1st appt is this Friday. They gave me Dr Khong but since I have no referrals I believe I shld be able to choose my own since considered private.

As I read here Dr Tan Heng Hao seems to be a popular choice. Any advise? I feel like calling today to ask them for a change as I read Dr Khong is a man of few words..n despite my age..am totaly a noob.

Thank u for taking time to read n replies in advance. To all the successful mummies...heartiest congrats to u all

Butteredsoup

Hello All, I am a late joiner n just came in here today. My hubby and I have decided on IVF aft failed tries normally, chlomid rounds and injection sessions at Mt E. I just called last week to KKH and my 1st appt is this Friday. They gave me Dr Khong but since I have no referrals I believe I shld be able to choose my own since considered private.

As I read here Dr Tan Heng Hao seems to be a popular choice. Any advise? I feel like calling today to ask them for a change as I read Dr Khong is a man of few words..n despite my age..am totaly a noob.

Thank u for taking time to read n replies in advance. To all the successful mummies...heartiest congrats to u all

Butteredsoup

Hi,

If you wanna choose doctor, do choose before yr first consult. Else you need to pay 2 times first consult fee. You can call to arrange an appt with dr tan heng hao with KKH Clinic D usually.

Hi,

If you wanna choose doctor, do choose before yr first consult. Else you need to pay 2 times first consult fee. You can call to arrange an appt with dr tan heng hao with KKH Clinic D usually.

Thank u Daledale. I hope the first consult charges are almost similar with Dr Khong as I am afraid he is costlier :)

Me with dr tan heng hao too. Maybe can consider tcm tiao body too
So we are with the same doctor:). Yes, I'm having acupuncture sessions regularly since late Jun last year. Actually I started going for acupuncture about 2 years back but I stopped for a while after I failed my IUI.

Thank u Daledale. I hope the first consult charges are almost similar with Dr Khong as I am afraid he is costlier :)
Dr tan first consult is appx $160+. Subsequently is $107 inclusive of gst (weekday office hrs). Sat & weekday night got additional peak hr surcharge for kkh.

So we are with the same doctor:). Yes, I'm having acupuncture sessions regularly since late Jun last year. Actually I started going for acupuncture about 2 years back but I stopped for a while after I failed my IUI.
Can go back start to tiao body for ivf.

hi, does anyone know what's the approx. cost for first time ivf-er in cash that is to be paid.. like let's say minus off the grant, medisave etc.... we will be embarking on ivf in NUH

Hello all , I m back after many many months ... saw some familiar names and congrats to those successfully conceived ! I thought I remembered Fel C , daledale? My last login probably last year around may ? When I did my IVF with dr Jerry (not Tan; the younger one) . Will share more my experience with him if anyone keen to hear.

Then I stopped TTC entirely , another IUI in sept for sake of it , really for sake of it. Doc said chances Low , I just want to do it . Anyway , I switched to private since the failed one in may last year.

Can’t remember what’s tww? The waiting period after ET? Embryo transfer ? Correct ? I m left 3 days to blood test this Friday ; I m dying of curiosity; and I m up n about after 5 days of so called bed rest / home bound. Coz it was the CNY ! So my hopes are quite Low though I was praying hard... so I thought of this forum ... I m going crazy with the wait , should I test myself ??

Hello all , I m back after many many months ... saw some familiar names and congrats to those successfully conceived ! I thought I remembered Fel C , daledale? My last login probably last year around may ? When I did my IVF with dr Jerry (not Tan; the younger one) . Will share more my experience with him if anyone keen to hear.

Then I stopped TTC entirely , another IUI in sept for sake of it , really for sake of it. Doc said chances Low , I just want to do it . Anyway , I switched to private since the failed one in may last year.

Can’t remember what’s tww? The waiting period after ET? Embryo transfer ? Correct ? I m left 3 days to blood test this Friday ; I m dying of curiosity; and I m up n about after 5 days of so called bed rest / home bound. Coz it was the CNY ! So my hopes are quite Low though I was praying hard... so I thought of this forum ... I m going crazy with the wait , should I test myself ??
Hihi, i did self test the day before bt. Good luck and baby dust to you.

Dr tan first consult is appx $160+. Subsequently is $107 inclusive of gst (weekday office hrs). Sat & weekday night got additional peak hr surcharge for kkh.

Thank you again Daledale. Unfortunately, he will not be available till April. I will be seeing Dr Sandhana instead. Sigh pie...

Do try if you are dying to know! Wish you luck :)

Do try if you are dying to know! Wish you luck :)

Thank you towkayneo and daledale... too afraid to try ... also , I felt really guilty not pairing with TCM to take care of my womb embryos ; I wanted to go see one before ET but hubby said don’t overdo or complicate things. I m not sure if I can handle it if ...

Back