IVF Jan 2018 cycle

Hi ladies, I’m new here and have just done my frozen transfer last tues and am in the 2ww. Will go in for beta on sat. Hoping for the best.
Baby dust to you Josysy
Just wonder did u experience any implantation bleed?
I had my ET on last Sat, so far zero symptoms, not sure if this is normal....

Hi everyone. if i need some clarifications. For the payments of the test and procedures, i understand that the initial tests we would have to bear and is not claimable. However, say gynae say we are ready to kickstart the IVF process.. do we still have to pay upfront those bills for the stimulations etc or it will be incorporated to the govt co-funding? I read somewhere in forums that for SGH we would have to pay upfront for the procedures, then the hospital will reimburse via cheque? Does this also apply to NUH & KKH?? Thank You.
Hi Lady Solitude, for SGH the injections I paid upfront is less than S$2500 for my current cycle.
Hope that gave you a rough figure on the costing to prepare if you are considering SGH (subject to the dosage as well, I was told mine is quite low dose)...

If I’m not wrong it could be progesterone jab to help support the implantation. I’m with private hospital and have been going back for the jab to support aside from taking utrogestan and Crinone.
Yes I was being recalled to Hosp to take HCG jab (1000units one dose) n Progesterone jab (3 times /week)...
Not sure if this is normal for IVF patients...
Now I dare not even test my urine prior my blood test as I had the HCG dose...
I heard they are support jab that helps in implantation... Hoping for the best... 2ww is really hard to pass especially there is no symptoms (many false symptoms due to the effect of drugs we took previously)

Pineapple is a no-no for asian chinese, but pineapple core is a yes-please for the ang mohs because of bromelain that helps in implantation.

http://natural-fertility-info.com/bromelain-pineapple-for-implantation.html

Depends on your belief but for me, I will not touch it.

I did last cycle.

Tcm say no pineapple. Western say pineapple core is gd. I avoid pineapple personally.

I felt very uncomfortable to pineapple as it's no-no fruit for Asian Chinese. So decide not to touch. Thanks ladies.

Best wishes to your upcoming ER, Towkayneo, Daledale & LingLong8191!

Yes I was being recalled to Hosp to take HCG jab (1000units one dose) n Progesterone jab (3 times /week)...
Not sure if this is normal for IVF patients...
Now I dare not even test my urine prior my blood test as I had the HCG dose...
I heard they are support jab that helps in implantation... Hoping for the best... 2ww is really hard to pass especially there is no symptoms (many false symptoms due to the effect of drugs we took previously)

Hi Blue Rose :)

Are you with private hospital?

I'm with NUH but was not asked to go back for any injections

So far my main symptoms are on and off slight sharp pain sometimes on the left and sometimes on the right. I read that different people will have different or even no symptoms.

So far my main symptoms are on and off slight sharp pain sometimes on the left and sometimes on the right. I read that different people will have different or even no symptoms.
Hi wish88, my 2ww buddy Haaa
I'm with SGH.... You forgotten?
I heard there will be many false symptoms due to the effect of our jabs... so I tried not to be too excited over anything now... come to think of it, I'm not completely zero symptoms, I do feel abdominal sharp pain left n right too... but my TCM told me all these are false effect from all the medication we had...
How are you coping this 2ww?? Maybe we should exchange contact...

Hi wish88, my 2ww buddy Haaa
I'm with SGH.... You forgotten?
I heard there will be many false symptoms due to the effect of our jabs... so I tried not to be too excited over anything now... come to think of it, I'm not completely zero symptoms, I do feel abdominal sharp pain left n right too... but my TCM told me all these are false effect from all the medication we had...
How are you coping this 2ww?? Maybe we should exchange contact...

Haha I'm famous among my friends for having goldfish memory

But I do remember you had your ET one day later than me hehehe.

Let me drop you a private message with my number.

Hi wish88,
The jabs are for those who bfp in Nuh. If got a bfp, then we need to take the jabs twice a week for 2 months.. thats what im taking now

Hi wish88,
The jabs are for those who bfp in Nuh. If got a bfp, then we need to take the jabs twice a week for 2 months.. thats what im taking now

Hello dear. Congrats on your bfp :)

Thank you for the info. Are they self administered jabs?

Hello dear. So far I have been lying down on bed watching tv, walk around in the house, doing only light chores like light packing, light washing and thinking what to eat for every meal haha. I try to eat more fish and vegetables.

I have just tendered from my work, want to fully concentrate on this. Have contemplated for a long time but as work get more and more stressful, I decided to give myself more rest. :)

Best wishes to you too! When is your blood test?

Hi Wish88;
I am probably will be going through the same thing as you are now. Totally understand what you meant, to focus or concentrate on conceiving a baby and coping with work is very tough and stressful. For me, I am 40+ and will need to go for my first ivf at the soonest. I wish you and all ladies best of luck!!

Best wishes

Hi Wish88;
I am probably will be going through the same thing as you are now. Totally understand what you meant, to focus or concentrate on conceiving a baby and coping with work is very tough and stressful. For me, I am 40+ and will need to go for my first ivf at the soonest. I wish you and all ladies best of luck!!

Best wishes

Hi :)

Yes it's really not easy to handle both at a same time. The work cannot be too stressful, the boss needs to be able to understand what we are going through, emotionally and also the need to take medical leave on and off and colleagues will be asking etc.

Thank u and all the best too!

Baby dust to you Josysy
Just wonder did u experience any implantation bleed?
I had my ET on last Sat, so far zero symptoms, not sure if this is normal....

Thanks Bluerose. I didn’t get any implantation bleed. However I do have clumps of Crinone falling out that are pinkish on my day 4/5. I’m on my 8 day post blast transfer and feeling cramps on and off but they could be due to the utrogestan that I’m taking. I did test for progesterone level on day 2 and 6, level on day 6 was 214 and I’m going back tomorrow for another jab on day 9. I hope this is it for us! We should really start a whatsapp group for Jan cycle buddies.

Thanks Daladale.
But I referring to the stimulation dose..coz is not inclusive for the er or Ef

Hi stimulation cost depends on yr dose and how many days you jab. But the base cost of the stimulation meds is more expensive compare to kkh.

Thanks Bluerose. I didn’t get any implantation bleed. However I do have clumps of Crinone falling out that are pinkish on my day 4/5. I’m on my 8 day post blast transfer and feeling cramps on and off but they could be due to the utrogestan that I’m taking. I did test for progesterone level on day 2 and 6, level on day 6 was 214 and I’m going back tomorrow for another jab on day 9. I hope this is it for us! We should really start a whatsapp group for Jan cycle buddies.

Hi Josysy. I'm in the Jan cycle too.

All the best!

Hello dear. So far I have been lying down on bed watching tv, walk around in the house, doing only light chores like light packing, light washing and thinking what to eat for every meal haha. I try to eat more fish and vegetables.

I have just tendered from my work, want to fully concentrate on this. Have contemplated for a long time but as work get more and more stressful, I decided to give myself more rest. :)

Best wishes to you too! When is your blood test?

Good luck! I just had my ET on 19/1 and tomorrow is my blood test! Nervous.. as usual. Best of luck to all of us!

Thanks wish88. It’s my 3rd IVF journey and 3rd baby :) for those of you who have just started on your journey, have a positive mindset and follow your doctors advice. If anyone would like to chat about anything, I’m open :)

Hi babyyl, congrats to u. Can i ask you a few question?
1. During your 2ww, did u walk around like more than 30 min or just bed rest?
2. Did you like squat or bend during this period? I was wondering as it is impossible to avoid these.
3. Did u eat homecook food or outside food? If outside, what u usually eat?
4. What kinds of fruits u usually eat?
5. As for your supplement, other than folic acid, did u continue to eat other? Example conceive well gold?
6. After applying crinone gel, how long later did you go toilet to pee?
Sorry for so many questions. Thank you.

I felt very uncomfortable to pineapple as it's no-no fruit for Asian Chinese. So decide not to touch. Thanks ladies.

Best wishes to your upcoming ER, Towkayneo, Daledale & LingLong8191!
Thanks Dale! Are you going to do ET straightaway or freeze the embryos and blast it?

Thanks wish88. It’s my 3rd IVF journey and 3rd baby :) for those of you who have just started on your journey, have a positive mindset and follow your doctors advice. If anyone would like to chat about anything, I’m open :)
Hi 5! Are you trying for a particular gender?

Hi babyyl, congrats to u. Can i ask you a few question?
1. During your 2ww, did u walk around like more than 30 min or just bed rest?
2. Did you like squat or bend during this period? I was wondering as it is impossible to avoid these.
3. Did u eat homecook food or outside food? If outside, what u usually eat?
4. What kinds of fruits u usually eat?
5. As for your supplement, other than folic acid, did u continue to eat other? Example conceive well gold?
6. After applying crinone gel, how long later did you go toilet to pee?
Sorry for so many questions. Thank you.
Hi, I’ll try to answer as best I can.

1) During 2ww, my doctor’s advice is to take it easy the first 3 days, stay home and rest. No cooking, no house-cleaning and no carrying anything > 3kg. So that’s what I did! After I came home from my ET, I went to take a nap. Woke up to eat, sit on the couch and play with my two girls, read them books etc. But I did not lift them. After eating, I went to sit and read on my bed! Total bed rest is not necessary as my doctor said that’s torture haha..During my first IVF, I was purely lying on my couch a lot cos no kids then! With the 2nd IVF, it’s harder cos I had a toddler. Now I have 2 toddlers so it’s impossible to be so nuah. My biggest worry this cycle was my cough! Really bad cough. Tried to hold it in but right after the ET my throat really tickled n no choice, I let out a few coughs!! I though jialat la like that, will the embies stick or not! I have coughed everyday since, no choice. Just told myself to let it be.

2) Squat and bend... got but I try to limit it and definitely not too Long. I helped to shower my girls so no choice had to squat.

3) Mostly home cooked but I did dapao fish soup and had a lot of it. Try taking “warm” foods like soups and more fish and chicken. Were you constipated During 2ww? I always am, think it’s the medication. Try to avoid straining so eat more green veggie and drink 1/2 cup prune juice daily

4) Any fruits except cooling fruits like pineapple, green papaya.

5) I take a supplement made by my doctor - it’s like an all in one for ovarian health. I can check the contents but I think folic acid will also do.

6) I’m not using crinone gel and I think I never have. Just googled it and it isn’t familiar. I’m on Endometrin vaginal inserts and soon I’ll start on Proluton oil injections. This injection is quite painful but it helps to support the pregnancy up to 12 weeks. I believe every doc has his or her own medication. Also depends on your case and what you need help with.

Hope this helps! Feel free to ask more. I’ll try to help.

Hi 5! Are you trying for a particular gender?
Actually no, just wanted another baby..and we still had 6 frozen fertilised blastocysts (started with 10) so try lor... haha..I know certain doctors can do gender selection by thawing out the frozen blasts n doing some tests. My doctor’s new clinic set up in Malaysia can do it (Not allowed to do in Singapore yet) but he did say it’s unnecessary stress to the blasts but he has patients who go for it.

Hi, I’ll try to answer as best I can.

1) During 2ww, my doctor’s advice is to take it easy the first 3 days, stay home and rest. No cooking, no house-cleaning and no carrying anything > 3kg. So that’s what I did! After I came home from my ET, I went to take a nap. Woke up to eat, sit on the couch and play with my two girls, read them books etc. But I did not lift them. After eating, I went to sit and read on my bed! Total bed rest is not necessary as my doctor said that’s torture haha..During my first IVF, I was purely lying on my couch a lot cos no kids then! With the 2nd IVF, it’s harder cos I had a toddler. Now I have 2 toddlers so it’s impossible to be so nuah. My biggest worry this cycle was my cough! Really bad cough. Tried to hold it in but right after the ET my throat really tickled n no choice, I let out a few coughs!! I though jialat la like that, will the embies stick or not! I have coughed everyday since, no choice. Just told myself to let it be.

2) Squat and bend... got but I try to limit it and definitely not too Long. I helped to shower my girls so no choice had to squat.

3) Mostly home cooked but I did dapao fish soup and had a lot of it. Try taking “warm” foods like soups and more fish and chicken. Were you constipated During 2ww? I always am, think it’s the medication. Try to avoid straining so eat more green veggie and drink 1/2 cup prune juice daily

4) Any fruits except cooling fruits like pineapple, green papaya.

5) I take a supplement made by my doctor - it’s like an all in one for ovarian health. I can check the contents but I think folic acid will also do.

6) I’m not using crinone gel and I think I never have. Just googled it and it isn’t familiar. I’m on Endometrin vaginal inserts and soon I’ll start on Proluton oil injections. This injection is quite painful but it helps to support the pregnancy up to 12 weeks. I believe every doc has his or her own medication. Also depends on your case and what you need help with.

Hope this helps! Feel free to ask more. I’ll try to help.

Hihi dear, your 1st to 3rd IVF all BFP?

Wow so encouraging and motivating BabyYL
You are shining positive lights to the Forum for few of us struggling our tww...
Thanks for your sharing... and really happy for you & look forward for more good news in the coming week!
Can I also ask, do you have any symptoms prior to the blood test during the tww?

Hi Josysy. I'm in the Jan cycle too.

All the best!

Yay cycle buddy! I’ve just got my beta hcg 64 and progesterone >1000. However my Gynae says my Hcg level is low and I’m going back for blood test again coming Monday to confirm. Hope I have good result. I am still getting cramps, more localized, lower middle of my tummy. All I can say is have faith in God and we will one day be mommies!

Yay cycle buddy! I’ve just got my beta hcg 64 and progesterone >1000. However my Gynae says my Hcg level is low and I’m going back for blood test again coming Monday to confirm. Hope I have good result. I am still getting cramps, more localized, lower middle of my tummy. All I can say is have faith in God and we will one day be mommies!
Hi Josysy...
Happy to hear your update & result... Yay!
Thanks for providing positive energy here..
Keep us posted of your status... cheers

Congrats Josysy! I'm sure you will be doing good! Jia u!

Wow so encouraging and motivating BabyYL
You are shining positive lights to the Forum for few of us struggling our tww...
Thanks for your sharing... and really happy for you & look forward for more good news in the coming week!
Can I also ask, do you have any symptoms prior to the blood test during the tww?
Hi hi, I had some minor cramping on and off. Apart from that, some breast tenderness (a bit early during the 2ww so not sure if it’s a real symptom or my imagination!). That’s all. I read some girls have more discharge but not me. That’s about it. And I felt very tired.. not sure if that’s a symptom or I was just sleeping too much!

Thanks Dale! Are you going to do ET straightaway or freeze the embryos and blast it?

Should be fresh. Tcm say likely blast based on my last scan result. I retrieve 16 eggs, 9 out of mature according to the embryologist. They wanna try 12 icis and 4 ivf. But like kkh protocol i still need to go back on day 3 just in case need transfer and i going for a blood test confirm no ohss then can transfer. How about you?

Try to rest more. 64 is pretty low. Kkh hcg min is 250 on the blood test day. But the support jab will helps to support pregnancy. Jiayou

Back