IVF Jan 2018 cycle

Hi all, do you guy sleep early or just have enough 8hr sleep everyday during yr 2ww?
Hi LingLong I try to sleep early initial few days, but as days past by, I felt it so difficult to get to sleep (maybe due to my injection plus nervousness, also whole day resting at home too), but confirm I will have 8 hours sleep every day...
How are you doing post ER? Any bad bloatedness? I still remember I had very bad bloatedness at Day 3 (supposed to be doing Day 3 ET, luckily my embryos grows again on Day 3 & I could delay to Day 5, & rest longer to prepare for ET)...

Hi LingLong I try to sleep early initial few days, but as days past by, I felt it so difficult to get to sleep (maybe due to my injection plus nervousness, also whole day resting at home too), but confirm I will have 8 hours sleep every day...
How are you doing post ER? Any bad bloatedness? I still remember I had very bad bloatedness at Day 3 (supposed to be doing Day 3 ET, luckily my embryos grows again on Day 3 & I could delay to Day 5, & rest longer to prepare for ET)...

Hi blue rose, good and happy for you. i am in my 2ww now with d2 emybro. This is my only surviving one. Hope it grow well in me. I dont feel very bloated as maybe too little egg retrieved but i still drink pocari sweat and drink many water about 2litres after my ER.

Hi Ladies. Did the embryologist update you all about the grade of your embryos upon transferring? Cos my embryologist did not say anything about my grade. Only gave me my blastocysts photo and say it’s partially re-expanded blastocysts.

Btw can we contact the embryologist to enquire about the rest of our frozen blastocysts? Mine was at NUH.

Hi all, do u guys also continue to eat egg whites, drink red bean soup and red date with logan tea? Sorry for so many question.

Kkh ask me continue egg white to prevent ohss. Just did my er on fri. My tcm ask me continue thr red dates tea. I didnt add longan scare heaty. I add dansheng 补气.

Hi Ladies. Did the embryologist update you all about the grade of your embryos upon transferring? Cos my embryologist did not say anything about my grade. Only gave me my blastocysts photo and say it’s partially re-expanded blastocysts.

Btw can we contact the embryologist to enquire about the rest of our frozen blastocysts? Mine was at NUH.

Hi diana, i and not with nuh but at kkh, they will give u a photo of yr embryo b4 transfer like what u have. So maybe you can use that picture to research about the grading. Btw, different hospital may have different way of grading. For kkh, the grading is 1 to 5. 5 being the best. However if you still want to know the grading, i think u can still call them to ask about it.

Yay cycle buddy! I’ve just got my beta hcg 64 and progesterone >1000. However my Gynae says my Hcg level is low and I’m going back for blood test again coming Monday to confirm. Hope I have good result. I am still getting cramps, more localized, lower middle of my tummy. All I can say is have faith in God and we will one day be mommies!
I have my 2nd blood test on Monday too! By then the bHCG levels should have doubled... yes, keep praying :) Even after BFP, must keep praying to get past the first 3 months. Step by step ok!

Hi blue rose, good and happy for you. i am in my 2ww now with d2 emybro. This is my only surviving one. Hope it grow well in me. I dont feel very bloated as maybe too little egg retrieved but i still drink pocari sweat and drink many water about 2litres after my ER.

Hi Linglong, how many eggs you have retrieved ?

Yes you are! More Baby Dust from you!
Wondering how do you prepare your mind when you go for blood testing day??
I just said a prayer. It is what it is, can only hope for the best. After blood test, then wait about 2 hours for the phone call from the clinic... this part quite nerve-wrecking. The nurse also likes to joke with me so she didn’t me the answer in a straight forward way haha

You should be given a report on your blastocysts with pictures and grading for each one. And someone should explain to you what the grading and the picture means. Why don’t you call them?

You should be given a report on your blastocysts with pictures and grading for each one. And someone should explain to you what the grading and the picture means. Why don’t you call them?
Kkh no physical report. Only write how many frozen etc during blood test collect report. Need manually ask the embryologist abt the quality etc. On transfer they do give photo of blastocysts and you get to talk to the embryologist after the transfer. Can ask her any questions you one, like what grade how many cells blah blah

Kkh no physical report. Only write how many frozen etc during blood test collect report. Need manually ask the embryologist abt the quality etc. On transfer they do give photo of blastocysts and you get to talk to the embryologist after the transfer. Can ask her any questions you one, like what grade how many cells blah blah
Oh ok... didn’t know that. Hope you get the info you need soon :)

I have my 2nd blood test on Monday too! By then the bHCG levels should have doubled... yes, keep praying :) Even after BFP, must keep praying to get past the first 3 months. Step by step ok!
Had my 2nd blood test this morning. Beta HCG is 479, more double than my first reading on Saturday which was 179. So after work today I have to go back to the clinic to get my first Proluton jab on my bum very pleased with the results For the rest of you still waiting, stay positive!

Had my 2nd blood test this morning. Beta HCG is 479, more double than my first reading on Saturday which was 179. So after work today I have to go back to the clinic to get my first Proluton jab on my bum very pleased with the results For the rest of you still waiting, stay positive!
During these first 3 months, try to continue to adhere to a good diet and plenty of rest. Do not carry heavy things or if you exercise get clearance from your doctor first ok ;) I’m still nursing a very bad cough until I pulled my muscle in my rib cage. Finally saw a doctor yo get antibiotics as I tried to stay away from medication during the 2ww.

Should be fresh. Tcm say likely blast based on my last scan result. I retrieve 16 eggs, 9 out of mature according to the embryologist. They wanna try 12 icis and 4 ivf. But like kkh protocol i still need to go back on day 3 just in case need transfer and i going for a blood test confirm no ohss then can transfer. How about you?
I've emphasized that I wanted all blastos, so I am going back tomorrow (Day 5) to hear what the embryologist and doc have to say. Likely will freeze the embryos cos I thrive in FET, so I just want a tried-and-tested formula.

During these first 3 months, try to continue to adhere to a good diet and plenty of rest. Do not carry heavy things or if you exercise get clearance from your doctor first ok ;) I’m still nursing a very bad cough until I pulled my muscle in my rib cage. Finally saw a doctor yo get antibiotics as I tried to stay away from medication during the 2ww.

Babyyl, get well soon.

I have very low level and today confirmed chemical pregnancy. But congrats to you, send some luck my way!

Hi all.. I just did my day 5 blast ET yesterday.. Had a scare on monday (day 3) when doc said only 3 eggs were deemed usable, and that the embryos all had flaws. Which is why she recommended we wait till day 5 for them to become blasts. Was so afraid i would have none left to transfer on day 5 :( Anyways, would like to ask how many blasts did u guys transfer? One or two? Thanks in advance..

Last edited:
Hi all.. I just did my day 5 blast ET yesterday.. Had a scare on monday (day 3) when doc said only 3 eggs were deemed usable, and that the embryos all had flaws. Which is why she recommended we wait till day 5 for them to become blasts. Was so afraid i would have none left to transfer on day 5 :( Anyways, would like to ask how many blasts did u guys transfer? One or two? Thanks in advance..

For each cycle,I transferred 2 5-day blasts.

Thanks for the reply @BabyYL. This was suggested by ur doc or requested by you? Mine just transferred 1 n froze the other. Didnt occur to me to ask if can transfer both..
Usually first ivf cycle doc will recommend 1 blast. They they offer 2 based on some conditions met, such as age, previous failure etc.

Ladies,

I will be returning 200 red eggs at Toa Payoh Shuang Lin Temple this coming Sunday (4Feb morning) to thank ZSNN for blessing me with my Miracle baby who arrived in Dec17.

For those who are keen to collect the eggs, you may go to the temple after 1230pm.

Once again spreading baby dusts to all of you and please do not give up and i wish that everyone here will carry your bundle your joy soon.

Hi Nadw
3 Embryos considered quite good that's why your doctor could wait for Day 5
I had 2 Day 5 Embryos transferred on 20/1, it's my first fresh cycle, yesterday just had my blood test and sadly I lost both of them. I left with 1 frozen in the hospital, so total only 3 Embryos out of my initial 18 collected. Some people have lesser than 3 too.
I didn't mean to share this piece of bad news to affect your confidence, end of day everyone is different, just maintain a relaxed mind, don't give yourself too much pressure with the outcome and may things be well for you.
Life moves on for me & some of my Jan buddies here too. Cheers...

Thanks for the reply @BabyYL. This was suggested by ur doc or requested by you? Mine just transferred 1 n froze the other. Didnt occur to me to ask if can transfer both..
It was recommended by my doctor. I guess I had enough blastocysts so for my first fresh cycle, we transferred 2. Then the second and third cycle, we transferred 2 frozen blasts each time.

Hi Nadw
I had 2 Day 5 Embryos transferred on 20/1, it's my first fresh cycle, yesterday just had my blood test and sadly I lost both of them. I left with 1 frozen in the hospital, so total only 3 Embryos out of my initial 18 collected. Some people have lesser than 3 too.
I didn't mean to share this piece of bad news to affect your confidence, end of day everyone is different, just maintain a relaxed mind, don't give yourself too much pressure with the outcome and may things be well for you.
Blue Rose - you are right. Stay strong!

Ladies,

I will be returning 200 red eggs at Toa Payoh Shuang Lin Temple this coming Sunday (4Feb morning) to thank ZSNN for blessing me with my Miracle baby who arrived in Dec17.

For those who are keen to collect the eggs, you may go to the temple after 1230pm.

Once again spreading baby dusts to all of you and please do not give up and i wish that everyone here will carry your bundle your joy soon.
Hi, I am not a religious person and dont really know many customs. But I would like to understand this custom of returning eggs. Could you help to explain it a bit more? Why 200 eggs, why eggs and who do You give them to etc

@Blue Rose @BabyYL @Daledale Thanks guys.. Im so sorry to hear the news @Blue Rose.. Have faith.. ❤ Do you intend to do ur FET soon or u're taking a break first? Thanks for the assurance all. It was just that i only had 5 eggs retrieved and on day 3 doc said the eggs were all poor quality so best is to let them blast, which also meant i could lose them all.. Only 2 survived the blast, but so thankful there was 2. Was prepared for them to tell me there was none to transfer. I have a very low amh for my age.. So have to be prepared for the worst. It's such a rollercoaster ride isnt it?

It was recommended by my doctor. I guess I had enough blastocysts so for my first fresh cycle, we transferred 2. Then the second and third cycle, we transferred 2 frozen blasts each time.

BabyYL... you have 2 Embryos put in all 3 times & succeed with 1 each time?

@Blue Rose @BabyYL @Daledale Thanks guys.. Im so sorry to hear the news @Blue Rose.. Have faith.. ❤ Do you intend to do ur FET soon or u're taking a break first? Thanks for the assurance all. It was just that i only had 5 eggs retrieved and on day 3 doc said the eggs were all poor quality so best is to let them blast, which also meant i could lose them all.. Only 2 survived the blast, but so thankful there was 2. Was prepared for them to tell me there was none to transfer. I have a very low amh for my age.. So have to be prepared for the worst. It's such a rollercoaster ride isnt it?
Yes it is... as much we wanted it to be fast, if it doesn't come, we also have to be patient about it... Best of luck to you!!

Hi, I am not a religious person and dont really know many customs. But I would like to understand this custom of returning eggs. Could you help to explain it a bit more? Why 200 eggs, why eggs and who do You give them to etc

Many people go zsnn pray for kid. And if the kid is born they will thank zsnn and return eggs to bless others. The number of eggs based on what you commit or any number of yr choice. Can be 60, 80, 100, 200 etc. Just leave at the zsnn tables. People who go there pray for kids if see eggs, will grab 2 home and eat at the bed. One for you one for yr hubby.

Hi Nadw

Hugs. Jiayou. Btw i was in the et room for 1hr. The nurse chit chat with me. She share a lady had many times failed ivf, end up go see chen qiu mei and bfp. Can try tiao body with tcm too. The nurse told me must have patient see tcm thou. Takes a while.

Many people go zsnn pray for kid. And if the kid is born they will thank zsnn and return eggs to bless others. The number of eggs based on what you commit or any number of yr choice. Can be 60, 80, 100, 200 etc. Just leave at the zsnn tables. People who go there pray for kids if see eggs, will grab 2 home and eat at the bed. One for you one for yr hubby.
Thanks for the information! I would like to do the same, to give thanks and to share my blessings. I'll bring my kids there as well :)

Definitely. I find that not focusing on the eggs etc after ET is the best. Keep the mind busy with daily activities and just rest a lot, eat well and pray!

Thanks Daledale for the explanation
Something new to me too
We should all go & receive the blessing then....

Yes. Each time put back 2, get 1. Cannot complain because I think we have been very very very fortunate already.
Yes I admit & really envious on how blessed and fortunate you are... I am curious & trying to analyse on the success rate on twins, with your 3 shots 3 success experience...

Hugs. Jiayou. Btw i was in the et room for 1hr. The nurse chit chat with me. She share a lady had many times failed ivf, end up go see chen qiu mei and bfp. Can try tiao body with tcm too. The nurse told me must have patient see tcm thou. Takes a while.
Daledale u started ur 2ww today? Best wishes to you...
How's thing for Linglong & towkayneo? Do update your status... will pray for all of you!!

Daledale u started ur 2ww today? Best wishes to you...
How's thing for Linglong & towkayneo? Do update your status... will pray for all of you!!

Hi blue rose, thank you. I am in my 2ww and was curious about will mense come before bt for ivf? Scare to even think about this.

Back