IVF/ICSI Support Group

Lol. Gotten the same advice too. I ate 4x half boiled egg, 2x fried eggs the day before ER. Also whacked beef, salmon, broccoli for lunch and dinner.

Just had my ER and extracted 8 eggs, which is surprising as I only had 1 dominant follicle with 19.5mm, balance 7 follicles range from 9-14mm. 3 small ones 5-8mm.

This cycle ER feels more painful than my 1st cycle. Still trying to avoid taking panadol though.
it's a number game, the more eggs they extract, the better cos the drop-off rate is v high.

rest more and get ready for ET :)

it's a number game, the more eggs they extract, the better cos the drop-off rate is v high.

rest more and get ready for ET :)
Thanks! During ER discharge, nurse said my ET is planned for D5 blast. However, if there any change, they will give me a call on 20/21/22Mar morning. Omg, make me so nervous. They ask me to start Crinone gel starting today, which is earlier than ET. My 1st cycle i only started after ET. I guess its slightly different procedure this round.

Thanks! During ER discharge, nurse said my ET is planned for D5 blast. However, if there any change, they will give me a call on 20/21/22Mar morning. Omg, make me so nervous. They ask me to start Crinone gel starting today, which is earlier than ET. My 1st cycle i only started after ET. I guess its slightly different procedure this round.
Ya, in case your embryos are ready to unite with you earlier than day 5, they just want to get you prepped up, which is good. so for now, you can quickly chiong all the sashimi and sushi while you can till ET.

Ya, in case your embryos are ready to unite with you earlier than day 5, they just want to get you prepped up, which is good. so for now, you can quickly chiong all the sashimi and sushi while you can till ET.
Haha hoping no call though, D5 blast seems to have higher chance of pregnancy. Does sushi and sashimi help??

Haha hoping no call though, D5 blast seems to have higher chance of pregnancy. Does sushi and sashimi help??
I would think it's more of like if you are a sushi/sashimi lover, you should chiong now cos if you ET and BFP, then you cant eat raw stuff LOL

It's good news! No news means good news!
Yay! Cant wait! Hmm, it seems not many are going thru IVF this month. I am on 8% crinone gel, have been trying to walk 15-20mins after insertion, but still see small discharge a few hours later. Wondering how to minimise this?

When can we change Gynae after BFP in ivf? I currently am scheduled for a US 2 weeks after beta. But as my ivf doctor does not deliver in my hospital of choice, i'll have to look for another gynae...

When can we change Gynae after BFP in ivf? I currently am scheduled for a US 2 weeks after beta. But as my ivf doctor does not deliver in my hospital of choice, i'll have to look for another gynae...
Of course you can! but do look for gynaes who have experience in IVF pregnancies.

When should I start the switch? Cos if clinic would still have to give me the meds until 1st trimester? I'm not sure on what's the process.
you might want to start looking around for your OB already, or you can get your IVF doc to recommend since he or she doesnt do delivery right? after you confirmed your OB, during your 1st consultation, he or she will advise you accordingly

Hi All,
For those who done IVF in Malaysia and did PGT, do you do PGT-A for all your embryos? I have only 3 folicials (14, 13, 13mm at Day 8) for upcoming egg retrieval and I'm 42. I'm kind of agony as I'm worried if all is abnormal and I have nothing to transfer. Can some kind soul offer some helpful advice? This is my first egg retrieval as my last 2 IVF cycles cancelled due to poor response and early ovulation.

Background: I did ovarian PRP in KL and managed to improve my AMH and AFC slightly. Dr did say PRP is to improve egg quality rather than AFC.

Hi All,
For those who done IVF in Malaysia and did PGT, do you do PGT-A for all your embryos? I have only 3 folicials (14, 13, 13mm at Day 8) for upcoming egg retrieval and I'm 42. I'm kind of agony as I'm worried if all is abnormal and I have nothing to transfer. Can some kind soul offer some helpful advice? This is my first egg retrieval as my last 2 IVF cycles cancelled due to poor response and early ovulation.

Background: I did ovarian PRP in KL and managed to improve my AMH and AFC slightly. Dr did say PRP is to improve egg quality rather than AFC.
would like think that if you have higher numbers of embryos, it might be more worthwhile to do PGT, if it's 1-3, perhaps you might want to proceed with transfer.

Hi All,

Is depend u wanna take this gamble a not, risk of mc and Down syndrome bb if not doing PGT.

Thanks for the feedback, good to know. So far Kensington has been very responsive over WhatsApp addressing all my questions in a timely manner

I went to Kensington Green too, so far pleased with their service and doctor has been very patient in explaining details. Never ever felt hurried in any way :)

Hi All,

Hello!

I also did IVF in JB and have low AMH and the quantity of my egg successfully picked up averages at 5 and usually results to fewer blasts. I didn't do PGT testing because my doctor said the embryo quality is too low and he doesn't test anything that's BC because they don't want to lose the embryo in the process. BC isn't stellar but transferable. It has less cells, testing would require the lab to remove cells from the embryo which may lessen the chances of it surviving.

If your embryo is AA, AB, no harm doing it because it will provide more information about which one is likely to succeed.

I kinda went ahead with the transfer and it felt like buying toto. But if I could test I would. If it was abnormal and you don't transfer, yes you mourn, but you save yourself the heart ache of transferring and not being successful.

I transferred 2 embryos in my second cycle without testing, one stuck, but didn't grow and it became a missed miscarriage. If the doctor had tested, I wouldn't need suffer going through a MC which was an outcome I completely did not expect.

Don't agonize over PGT yet. IVF is easier if you just look at 1 week intervals. This wk. Next wk. Don't go further than that. :) You got this! We are rooting for you. All the very best.

Hi everyone. I'm new here and considering starting my IVF journey, but I'm torn between KKH and NUH. I'd appreciate any insights or experiences you can share about the differences between the two hospitals, especially when it comes to Q and quality of care. Thank you in advance!

Hi, I'm 45 and have 1 last embryo in storage. Does anyone hear that MOH required women age above 45 to do a list of health screening before the transfer?? Obviously this add on to cost and wonder should I do the transfer in JB instead.

Hi it’s me again I’m on my 5th fet transfer sigh. Long journey… this is my 8/9th blast already. I just tested negative on d4pd5t. And worst is I have uti on day 2 post transfer on antibiotics and had diarhea cause of that.

Hi it’s me again I’m on my 5th fet transfer sigh. Long journey… this is my 8/9th blast already. I just tested negative on d4pd5t. And worst is I have uti on day 2 post transfer on antibiotics and had diarhea cause of that.
D4PD5T is still early. Some got it on D8P5DT, which was me. So still early. I dont think it would affect cos i remember i had diarrhea right popping the antibiotics, so it's still ok

Back