IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hmm.. what is definition of mosaic and blue?
Mosaic embryos are embryos that on preimplantation genetic analysis are found to be composed of euploid and aneuploid cells. Although most of these embryos do not implant when transferred into the uterus following IVF treatment, some may implant and are capable of giving rise to babies, for my case, not worth to transfer.

Blue means it's a boy embryo LOL. I had wanted pink.

I did frozen.. and yes this is my first FET as recommended by the doctor.. day 5 blast.. we did it in KL.. we went up only 3 times… 1st was the consult (1 day).. 2nd was for the stimulation and egg retrieval (17days in Malaysia ) and the 3rd was the FET.. we stayed for 9 days… can come back 5 days after the transfer but hubs want to stay till I get the blood test to move me back… they have a clinic in sg so I did my scans here so I think it’s pretty convenient.. ☺️
Is the clinic Alpha...?

Ah icic.. 18-20k sgd is reasonable if have more things to do. Sorting sperm is the same as ICSI for embryologist to pick the fastest movin sperm?

IUI not really a must. Dr Chua suggested us to go IVF, but we were the one wanted to try IUI first as its more natural. We went 2 cycles and failed though.
Ehhh, IUI is IVF Lite Version....:p

Ah icic.. 18-20k sgd is reasonable if have more things to do. Sorting sperm is the same as ICSI for embryologist to pick the fastest movin sperm?

IUI not really a must. Dr Chua suggested us to go IVF, but we were the one wanted to try IUI first as its more natural. We went 2 cycles and failed though.
We did the sorting to have the higher probability of a certain gender lol…

Mosaic embryos are embryos that on preimplantation genetic analysis are found to be composed of euploid and aneuploid cells. Although most of these embryos do not implant when transferred into the uterus following IVF treatment, some may implant and are capable of giving rise to babies, for my case, not worth to transfer.

Blue means it's a boy embryo LOL. I had wanted pink.

Woah thanks, you are expert.. Hmm, do you have still frozen now and if any plan for 5th baby? Hehe. Looks like IVF baby genders majority are boy? I watched online how they select the fastest sperm for ICSI. Usually the fastest swimming sperm is a boy, slow and steady sperm is a girl.

Currently yes.. haha but my main doc is dr Colin back in KL.. we just went all out la since we go there already… don’t wanna waste time and money.. so we did as much tests as we can…
Hmm wondering if u are working.. as need to stay in KL quite a few days or weeks.. I cant imagine myself doing it though, unless I am taking no pay leave.. just too much travelling time.

Hmm wondering if u are working.. as need to stay in KL quite a few days or weeks.. I cant imagine myself doing it though, unless I am taking no pay leave.. just too much travelling time.
I took 1 year off for this… thus the I don’t want to waste time luh want to faster get back to work… took me quite a while to make this decision.. but at least my hub’s supportive…

I took 1 year off for this… thus the I don’t want to waste time luh want to faster get back to work… took me quite a while to make this decision.. but at least my hub’s supportive…
Nice! Yeah, I am also thinking to take 3 or 6 months NPL.. still considering now.

Currently yes.. haha but my main doc is dr Colin back in KL.. we just went all out la since we go there already… don’t wanna waste time and money.. so we did as much tests as we can…
end of the day quite worth it! you get the gender that you want also.

Oh.. I failed IUI before, when I entered the room for blood test, I self declared to nurse that its going to be negative as I have heavy flow. After which, I will check health hub apps after 1hour and when the nurse called, I straight away said I saw the lab result thru the apps shows I am negative. Haha. Sad.
Went to the beta hcg test with heavy heart. Told the nurse don’t call me for the negative result cos I can’t handle it emotionally. 3rd day of period and I still feel sad about the failure..

Nice! Yeah, I am also thinking to take 3 or 6 months NPL.. still considering now.
Yar… took me a few months to really decided to stop for a year.. plus I love my job.. so taking time off is really really tough.. and the day before I went up to KL for the stimulation.. I told my hub.. can dun wan.. can just get a surrogate I dun wanna leave my job

Yar… took me a few months to really decided to stop for a year.. plus I love my job.. so taking time off is really really tough.. and the day before I went up to KL for the stimulation.. I told my hub.. can dun wan.. can just get a surrogate I dun wanna leave my job
Ah.. a surrogate, hehe u must experience pregnancy to tell stories to your kids next time. Its fun! As for job.. if you love your job (which is rare these days), you can always find again or come back next time. Our sacrifice confirmed worth it.. enjoy your 1st trimester as much as u can !

Went to the beta hcg test with heavy heart. Told the nurse don’t call me for the negative result cos I can’t handle it emotionally. 3rd day of period and I still feel sad about the failure..
Lets take it easy, time flies happier this way. I am now in Malaysia enjoying the beach and pool. I cant swim yet as my period is still here although not so heavy flow anymore, but trying to chillax as much as I can. My colleagues were surprised that I took it so well. Everyone gave me a pat and big hug, they thought I was crying inside. Of course I was sad.. but its over and time to move on.

Lets take it easy, time flies happier this way. I am now in Malaysia enjoying the beach and pool. I cant swim yet as my period is still here although not so heavy flow anymore, but trying to chillax as much as I can. My colleagues were surprised that I took it so well. Everyone gave me a pat and big hug, they thought I was crying inside. Of course I was sad.. but its over and time to move on.
You are really brave! Ya only time can heal..

Hello! I believe in endo scratch and for all pregnancies, I did endo scratch. Some doctors believe, some dont and will try to discourage you, saying that there is no scientific basis etc.

Not really a downtime; it's all done within 5 min, during the process, you might feel light pain but it can be solved by popping 2 panadols before hand.

It's done in the office.

I did it in KKH.

You might want to want to improve on your lining by eating more protein stuff and yes, you can try endo scratch; not very expensive and worth a shot.
Hi, may I know for all ur 4 pregnancies u did endoscratch before the FET cycle and all embryo implant successfully?

Do u feel any side effects pass few days later of endoscratch?
Is it similar to pap smear?
What's the pain level?
Can share How much is it roughly?

Sorry for asking so many questions. I am just eager to try.

Hi, may I know for all ur 4 pregnancies u did endoscratch before the FET cycle and all embryo implant successfully?

Do u feel any side effects pass few days later of endoscratch?
Is it similar to pap smear?
What's the pain level?
Can share How much is it roughly?

Sorry for asking so many questions. I am just eager to try.
Yup I did endoscratch for all 4 pregnancies; but of cos there were times of BFN. But i do believe that it aid in implantation.

- no i didnt feel any significant side effects just that extreme discomfort during the procedure.
- similar but the discomfort is 1-2 levels intense (for me)
- 6/10 cos the fear factor so i was usually tensed up
- pls dont ask me how much etc, i have no idea and i dont remember especially numbers LOL not expensive, should be less than $200 i think.

Hi all, tired FTM here. Does any mummy here have babies going through 4 month sleep regression?
My naughty girl is a bad sleeper, from NB, she would wake up many times in a night and it was an arduous task to put her to bed. So I concluded she has sleep regression throughout LOL. I would say, for the initial period, have to rough it out. they are not familiar with the clockwork yet - like what time to zzz. Perhaps you can set up a routine like after milk, bathe her then put to bed at say 8pm.

Things will improve! I heard of sleep training but it means having to let the baby cry it out till he or she knows that no matter how hard he cries, nobody is going to pick him up, so he will have no choice but to zzz. Some are quite successful, but I didnt and dont want to do it.

Yup I did endoscratch for all 4 pregnancies; but of cos there were times of BFN. But i do believe that it aid in implantation.

- no i didnt feel any significant side effects just that extreme discomfort during the procedure.
- similar but the discomfort is 1-2 levels intense (for me)
- 6/10 cos the fear factor so i was usually tensed up
- pls dont ask me how much etc, i have no idea and i dont remember especially numbers LOL not expensive, should be less than $200 i think.
Hi, thanks for sharing, will take panadol in advance . I think it's the fear and anxiety dunno how bad it will be.

My naughty girl is a bad sleeper, from NB, she would wake up many times in a night and it was an arduous task to put her to bed. So I concluded she has sleep regression throughout LOL. I would say, for the initial period, have to rough it out. they are not familiar with the clockwork yet - like what time to zzz. Perhaps you can set up a routine like after milk, bathe her then put to bed at say 8pm.

Things will improve! I heard of sleep training but it means having to let the baby cry it out till he or she knows that no matter how hard he cries, nobody is going to pick him up, so he will have no choice but to zzz. Some are quite successful, but I didnt and dont want to do it.

How old is your girl now? Does she still wake up many times a night now?

Ya I also heard about sleep training but cannot bear to do the cry it out method, don’t think I can tahan loh.

she's coming to 12 months :) much better now, about 2x per night to drink milk.
Glad to hear that! At least it got better with time ️ I think our babies just need more time to get used to the routine. I hope I’ll pull through this difficult period soon

Glad to hear that! At least it got better with time ️ I think our babies just need more time to get used to the routine. I hope I’ll pull through this difficult period soon
envy that babies around me can sttn since 1 month old. Hehe. I finally can sleep min 6 hours after weaning off breastfeeding from my girl when she’s 2. She still climbing on my body to sleep on me every night now. Just enjoy the moment. I actually cried when I wean her off from bf but now ok liao.

I am ttc for #2. my ET failed. heavy flow. Now waiting for next doctor consultation early Jan 2024. Sigh. Age is catching up and I’m ~40!

Hi.
I’m starting my 2nd cycle ICSI with prof yu in jan 2024.
This is my second IVF. First was in 2022 a failed one with kkh.

Anything I can keep a look out ?
TIA!:)

Hello guys I’m back I went through a series of recurrent miscarriage test and they found out I got group b strep bacteria/ infection in my urine/ vagina hence leading to high d dimer, high nk cells and high esr. Might be related. And I have this variant in MTHFR and anti- Ana 1:160. The support plan is eat antibiotic throughout the 1st tri if successful, avoid steroid as it can cause me even further infection, take clexane and aspirin. I’m just thinking there’s really a whole loads of medicine in take plus I have chronic gastric issues which makes it worst. Please advise if anyone is same boat as me and if I eat these, it will worsen my body and existing problems and What if it fails again..

Hereby seeking advice from those above 40 with low AMH and did ovarian cyst surgery before. How do you manage to do IVF and conceive successfully? Anyone try PRP in Malaysia and with success? I enquired with Dr Leong (Alpha KL) and he does not sound very optimistic as PRP is very new and with very little/no statistics in Asia. I googled and it seems PRP is very well recommended in Taiwan for IVF.

I was asked to consider donor eggs as my ovarian function is weak (due to cyst surgery). I did 1 IUI and 1 IVF (early ovulation) with Dr Tan (Alpha) and 1 IVF->IUI with Dr Loh (TFC), none lead to egg retrieval. And I was told to rest for next 2 cycles before trying again. I'm very sad and lost. I do not know what should I do. I did TCM with Physicain Zhong XM (ERS, Paragon) and fertility massage with Baby Bliss. A lot of effort and money has been spent and yet I cannot reach the egg retrieval stage. I even gave up my career and switch to a contract admin job for IVF. I'm kind of lost/defeated and hope to seek some kind guidance here. I really hope to become a mother and have my rainbow baby.

Hello guys I’m back I went through a series of recurrent miscarriage test and they found out I got group b strep bacteria/ infection in my urine/ vagina hence leading to high d dimer, high nk cells and high esr. Might be related. And I have this variant in MTHFR and anti- Ana 1:160. The support plan is eat antibiotic throughout the 1st tri if successful, avoid steroid as it can cause me even further infection, take clexane and aspirin. I’m just thinking there’s really a whole loads of medicine in take plus I have chronic gastric issues which makes it worst. Please advise if anyone is same boat as me and if I eat these, it will worsen my body and existing problems and What if it fails again..
Are you still with Dr Choolani? I'm still waiting for results and appointment with him early 2024. I was told upfront regardless of the conditions we still have 50% to carry baby to terms, not sure if he tried to make me feel positive.
Was the sickle or nk cell test part of your karyotype test?

Are you still with Dr Choolani? I'm still waiting for results and appointment with him early 2024. I was told upfront regardless of the conditions we still have 50% to carry baby to terms, not sure if he tried to make me feel positive.
Was the sickle or nk cell test part of your karyotype test?
Hello I’m not with doc choolani le I had a bad experience with him. I’m with doc Eugene and I had high nk cells- 17. Sth.. which the borderline should be 12. And all these might be due to gbs- virus…

Has anyone tried Intralipid ?? Does it help in the success rate??

I have tried before two or three times and it doesn’t help me. In fact the success cycle that I finally had, does not involve intralipid. However, the result might vary from person to person, just sharing my experience :)

Hereby seeking advice from those above 40 with low AMH and did ovarian cyst surgery before. How do you manage to do IVF and conceive successfully? Anyone try PRP in Malaysia and with success? I enquired with Dr Leong (Alpha KL) and he does not sound very optimistic as PRP is very new and with very little/no statistics in Asia. I googled and it seems PRP is very well recommended in Taiwan for IVF.

I was asked to consider donor eggs as my ovarian function is weak (due to cyst surgery). I did 1 IUI and 1 IVF (early ovulation) with Dr Tan (Alpha) and 1 IVF->IUI with Dr Loh (TFC), none lead to egg retrieval. And I was told to rest for next 2 cycles before trying again. I'm very sad and lost. I do not know what should I do. I did TCM with Physicain Zhong XM (ERS, Paragon) and fertility massage with Baby Bliss. A lot of effort and money has been spent and yet I cannot reach the egg retrieval stage. I even gave up my career and switch to a contract admin job for IVF. I'm kind of lost/defeated and hope to seek some kind guidance here. I really hope to become a mother and have my rainbow baby.

Hi I’m not sure how much this can help. I had an ovarian cyst removed in my early 20s. I succeeded in my first FET when I was 34. I don’t think the cyst surgery would be a hindering factor. Hope this can reduce 1 concern on your list.

Jia you!

Back