IVF/ICSI Support Group

Thank you! Absolutely agree it's the protocol and lab technology, cos this time I even took fewer supplements. :)
Yes same here. Agree on the protocol and lab technology! Previous round at KKH I went TCM for 3mths for medication and acupunctures but the blastocysts still very low quality. This time at Alpha I nv go TCM but still see positive outcome.

Hi, How much is the estimated for medicated frozen cycle for KKH or NUH currently? Coz i got no more grant, so tot of taking a loan to proceed. So just want to take an estimation how much in total. Thanks.

Hi All,

I am in early 40s , have gone through 2 cycles this year in KKH, both of them fail (1st is fresh , 2 embryo, 2nd is frozen , 2 embryo). Left 1 egg in frozen . Feeling very disheartened and heartbroken ...

Will like to seek all of your suggestion/advice on another doctor to start a new cycle and TCM physician to fine tune my body for IVF again.
Please advise who I can go to, not sure if i can still go through another setback = ( ...

Did some research about TCM
1) Tan Siew Buoy ( try to contact her in her Chinatown clinic, she say resting till Mid Jan)
Any idea where is she at now ?

Hi All,

I am in early 40s , have gone through 2 cycles this year in KKH, both of them fail (1st is fresh , 2 embryo, 2nd is frozen , 2 embryo). Left 1 egg in frozen . Feeling very disheartened and heartbroken ...

Will like to seek all of your suggestion/advice on another doctor to start a new cycle and TCM physician to fine tune my body for IVF again.
Please advise who I can go to, not sure if i can still go through another setback = ( ...

Did some research about TCM
1) Tan Siew Buoy ( try to contact her in her Chinatown clinic, she say resting till Mid Jan)
Any idea where is she at now ?
Do u still qualify for govt grant? If no maybe u can consider going to pte clinic.

Some ladies went through many cycles before success.. so hang in there ya!

Anyway yes I heard Tan Siew Buoy is on leave till Jan. She has 2 clinics, 1 in NTU, 1 in Chinatown.

Hi, How much is the estimated for medicated frozen cycle for KKH or NUH currently? Coz i got no more grant, so tot of taking a loan to proceed. So just want to take an estimation how much in total. Thanks.
Frozen, if I remember correctly, transfer is about S$2,400-2,500, that's the bulk of the whole cost. as for medication, you provision S$500 - 800.

Do u still qualify for govt grant? If no maybe u can consider going to pte clinic.

Some ladies went through many cycles before success.. so hang in there ya!

Anyway yes I heard Tan Siew Buoy is on leave till Jan. She has 2 clinics, 1 in NTU, 1 in Chinatown.

The assistant say till jan. But I think she is quite fully booked.

Hi, this is my 1st frozen cycle.
Does anyone experience switching from letrozole to progynova in the same cycle? Letrozole dun work for me, I m getting positive LH test everyday. Doc advise to cancel the cycle or transfer to artificial thaw cycle using progynova to thicken the endo lining. What should I do?

I have been having frequent headaches after taking duphaston & letrozole. Wonder the side effects of the progynova is it similar? Also headaches? Will consuming paracetamol affects anything?

Hi, this is my 1st frozen cycle.
Does anyone experience switching from letrozole to progynova in the same cycle? Letrozole dun work for me, I m getting positive LH test everyday. Doc advise to cancel the cycle or transfer to artificial thaw cycle using progynova to thicken the endo lining. What should I do?

I have been having frequent headaches after taking duphaston & letrozole. Wonder the side effects of the progynova is it similar? Also headaches? Will consuming paracetamol affects anything?
I've not encountered b4 but I feel if the cycle is failing, cancel and restart next round is better.. that's just my thoughts.

Hi ladies, I've the following to let go:

1. Crinone 9 sticks, $8 each
2. Progynova 1 new box 28 tablets + 19 tablets. Both $35
3. Conceive plus fertility support brand new bottle $35
4. Baby aspirin 27 tablets. $5

PM me if keen

Hi all, can anyone share their experience on polyp removal? My ET just got cancelled because we found a polyp - such a pity since all other things like lining thickness etc look really good.

Hi ladies, I've the following to let go:

1. Crinone 9 sticks, $7 each
2. Conceive plus fertility support brand new bottle $35
3. Baby aspirin 27 tablets. Free

PM me if keen

Hi all, can anyone share their experience on polyp removal? My ET just got cancelled because we found a polyp - such a pity since all other things like lining thickness etc look really good.
Hello! It's a simple and straightforward procedure (I dont recall any eventful issues). Ya, I do agree that it can be very disappointing to cancel ET but if I remember correctly, polyps will affect implantation. so dont waste the embryos.

Hi I am curious how u know u have polyps. Does It happen during the routine scan?

I did a polyps removal thru dilation and curettage @ kkh back few yrs back. Need to be on anesthesia. Surgically removed and stayed in hospital for 1 day & u are good to go. Hope it helps.

Hi I am curious how u know u have polyps. Does It happen during the routine scan?

I did a polyps removal thru dilation and curettage @ kkh back few yrs back. Need to be on anesthesia. Surgically removed and stayed in hospital for 1 day & u are good to go. Hope it helps.
Hi, yes it was detected during my routine scan for my FET. I'm doing a stimulated FET, so I go in regularly for progress scans until ovulation and trigger.

Hello! It's a simple and straightforward procedure (I dont recall any eventful issues). Ya, I do agree that it can be very disappointing to cancel ET but if I remember correctly, polyps will affect implantation. so dont waste the embryos.
Thanks for sharing! Yes, it makes sense not to squander the precious embryos!

Sorry I have more questions - do you remember how long the procedure took and was there any downtime after?

Sorry I have more questions - do you remember how long the procedure took and was there any downtime after?
It was quite fast for me, around 10 min? Downtime wise i dont recall, though the nurse said there might be cramps and minimal bleeding. Sorry, i'm sharing based on memory; it happened many years ago.

Thanks for sharing! Yes, it makes sense not to squander the precious embryos!
Ya! good quality embryos are utmost important....cos it takes both your and your hubby's efforts and it's age-sensitive. as for the other factors like lining etc, can try to build up.

Anyone tried bai fong pills for conceiving?
I’m 40 & cycles getting shorter.

I tried is 4yrs ago when ttc. I tink it works but den at tat time i tried alot so probably is the effort of all the methods i used

But i heard my facial lady say is very good she intro to a few of her clients and they all got pregnant!

Btw any tried used womb plaster which is believe to be warming to the womb and helping with conceive. I camr across this.... but nv try before.
Screenshot_20220110-234829_Shopee SG.jpg

Im 40 this yr, planning for #2 now.

Hows the Q now for ivf?
I wonder if i still have to go thru many rounds of testing, if i want to do frozen cycle....

Anyone had similar experience?

Mine was around 20-30 min, removed multiple polyps. Before procedure they gave me some medicine which caused terrible menses like cramps for 10-15 min. Procedure was at 1 pm and I was discharged around 5 or 6 pm, don't remember exactly. Afterwards, had mild cramps and spotting for 3-4 days.

Last edited:
Im 40 this yr, planning for #2 now.

Hows the Q now for ivf?
I wonder if i still have to go thru many rounds of testing, if i want to do frozen cycle....

Anyone had similar experience?
It depends on where you wanna do your IVF - for KKH, there's always a Q.

Yes, you and your hubby have to do blood tests for HIV, sign many consent forms even it's for frozen.

Hi, yes it was detected during my routine scan for my FET. I'm doing a stimulated FET, so I go in regularly for progress scans until ovulation and trigger.
Hi Lilyanna,
Dr found a polyp during my routine scan before the ER. I went through polyp day surgery last yr after the ER.The procedure itself is very fast and under anesthesia.
Before the surgery, I was given 2 different tablets which dilate the cervical opening. I request a pad from the nurse as I experience spotting and light cramp after taking the medicine.
After the surgery, I was given some painkiller and continue to have some light bleeding for a week. My Dr is very skillful and experience. I dun have any feel any pain after the surgery.

Take care of yourself, babe.

I experience my 1st light pink spotting on 8DP5DT and was given a progestrone jab. The spotting stopped for a while. My 1st thought is implantation bleeding.

Yesterday, I experience heavy spotting with light stream of red bleeding on the panty liner at 20DP5DT. Done a vaginal scan and saw only the gestational sac and was given a progestrone jab again. Dr said it is common for ivf patients to experience spotting due to FET.

Feeling very emotional each time i see spotting and trying to stay positive. Anyone experience on and off spotting like me?

I experience my 1st light pink spotting on 8DP5DT and was given a progestrone jab. The spotting stopped for a while. My 1st thought is implantation bleeding.

Yesterday, I experience heavy spotting with light stream of red bleeding on the panty liner at 20DP5DT. Done a vaginal scan and saw only the gestational sac and was given a progestrone jab again. Dr said it is common for ivf patients to experience spotting due to FET.

Feeling very emotional each time i see spotting and trying to stay positive. Anyone experience on and off spotting like me?
Ya, it's very common for IVF patients to experience spotting. I remember having on and off spotting for my 1st boy and I went to KKH O&G almost every week for the support jab until Week 12-13.

Ya, it's very common for IVF patients to experience spotting. I remember having on and off spotting for my 1st boy and I went to KKH O&G almost every week for the support jab until Week 12-13.
Hi Towkwayneo,
Thank for your reply. Did u go to KKH O&G whenever you experience spotting? How the dr determine that the support jab is no longer required after week 12-13?
Must I bedrest at home or continue as usual?

Hi Towkwayneo,
Thank for your reply. Did u go to KKH O&G whenever you experience spotting? How the dr determine that the support jab is no longer required after week 12-13?
Must I bedrest at home or continue as usual?
Hello MiniZ, i head to O&G whenever there was more spotting to the extent of heavier bleeding (Pink spots, i would wait and see ANXIOUSLY). Support jab is usually not required when the placenta is formed and the bleeding/spotting stops (sorry, this is really based on memory) but if you insist, the doc will still administer for you (I did check with him on this).

I did my stuff as usual but at a slower pace.

Hello MiniZ, i head to O&G whenever there was more spotting to the extent of heavier bleeding (Pink spots, i would wait and see ANXIOUSLY). Support jab is usually not required when the placenta is formed and the bleeding/spotting stops (sorry, this is really based on memory) but if you insist, the doc will still administer for you (I did check with him on this).

I did my stuff as usual but at a slower pace.
Hi Towkayneo,
I feel much more assured after talking to you. Thanks.

Hi I need advices, I was having pink to red discharges or spotting on 4dp5dt, but today 5dp5dt I was having red like period. Feeling like period pain. Is this okay?

I was converted from letrozole to progynova to thicken lining for this frozen cycle & actually today is day 30 of the menstrual cycle. Could the period come already? Or it's a miscarriage.
Or should I go O&G. Kkivf is closed for today no nurses to call in to check.
Wat should I do?

Hi I need advices, I was having pink to red discharges or spotting on 4dp5dt, but today 5dp5dt I was having red like period. Feeling like period pain. Is this okay?

I was converted from letrozole to progynova to thicken lining for this frozen cycle & actually today is day 30 of the menstrual cycle. Could the period come already? Or it's a miscarriage.
Or should I go O&G. Kkivf is closed for today no nurses to call in to check.
Wat should I do?
Hi, how are you feeling now? Is the flow covering the panty liner? Better go to O&G and check. Maybe they will give you a jab and duphaston tablet to stop the bleeding.

It's covering about 20% of panty liner not soaked. But every time I wipe its fresh red blood & can feel the trickling of blood. Sorry TMI.
Ok. I shall go now. But its only passes 5 days since the transfer. Thanks alot @MiniZ .

Last edited:
It's covering about 20% of panty liner not soaked. But every time I wipe its fresh red blood & can feel the trickling of blood. Sorry TMI.
Ok. I shall go now. But its only passes 5 days since the transfer. Thanks alot @MiniZ .
it could be too early to determine that it's a failed cycle. To think it positively, it could be implantation!

Nevertheless, do head to O&G and see what the doc says.

Hi, has anyone ever had a bad rash outbreak post their stims? My stims this round was higher dosage and it was done around end December. Since last week I’ve had a bad rash outbreak on my legs and arms that isn’t food allergies or sort, wondering if anyone has had the same? Thanks

I had the same issues, rashes all over my leg and arms.
But when I mentioned it to my ivf doc (nuh), she said it wasn’t a concern.
I went to see my GP who then gave me some lotion but wasn’t much help.
I ended just applying suubalm.

I had the same issues, rashes all over my leg and arms.
But when I mentioned it to my ivf doc (nuh), she said it wasn’t a concern.
I went to see my GP who then gave me some lotion but wasn’t much help.
I ended just applying suubalm.
How long did yours take to go away? My doc also said unheard of but it’s quite a bad rash on both my legs. The GP gave steroid cream only ):

Back