IVF/ICSI Support Group

Jia you.
I think all pregnancies are different. I have 3 different experiences with my 3 pregnancies too.
For both I have complications which required me to be on bed rest and HL for a period of time. So if 3rd one will likely be the same. And will be tougher with the young kids.. haha..

Nvm la, one step at a time.

1 is a blessing, 2 is more than what I could asked for. No need to think so far yet.. haha

For both I have complications which required me to be on bed rest and HL for a period of time. So if 3rd one will likely be the same. And will be tougher with the young kids.. haha..

Nvm la, one step at a time.

1 is a blessing, 2 is more than what I could asked for. No need to think so far yet.. haha
Take care ya. All the best and few mths later u will welcome ur new bundle of joy. Ya agree one step at a time.

Thanks. Like what kimchi mentioned, maybe u can try pte for 1 last shot if u really keen. But are u able to send the embryos out of SG to test for blue or pink b4 transfer?
Definitely possible but I don’t want to travel out of SG for fear of contracting covid. What is going to happen to my brood

As in u can only do the procedure overseas? U cannot do locally, send the embryos out for test then back to SG for transfer?
Nope, Singapore doesnt allow import of embryos. Only export to certain countries. Previously, I exported my frozen embryoes from KKH to JB for PGS/PGD. So say if both of them happened to be viable for transfer back then, I must go to JB to do the transfer.

Nope, Singapore doesnt allow import of embryos. Only export to certain countries. Previously, I exported my frozen embryoes from KKH to JB for PGS/PGD. So say if both of them happened to be viable for transfer back then, I must go to JB to do the transfer.
I see... what's the cost to transfer to JB..

but yes now is difficult to travel..

Hi ladies,

I have read that some of us have gone for TCM acupuncture at clementi with great success.
Could you share which clinic/ Dr it is? and how was your experience/cost?

i've gone thru 1 IUI, 1st fresh+2 FET, 2nd fresh - all failed.
i'm 43, but have been told no issues with lining, follicle count, and it's most likely chromosomal abnormalies.

First fresh retrieved grades 2+3. Took Coq10 then for 2nd fresh, retrieved grades 1+2.

I'm now looking to see if TCM acupuncture can help prepare me for my next FET probably 2 months time.

Thanks for your help! :)

Hi ladies,

I have read that some of us have gone for TCM acupuncture at clementi with great success.
Could you share which clinic/ Dr it is? and how was your experience/cost?

i've gone thru 1 IUI, 1st fresh+2 FET, 2nd fresh - all failed.
i'm 43, but have been told no issues with lining, follicle count, and it's most likely chromosomal abnormalies.

First fresh retrieved grades 2+3. Took Coq10 then for 2nd fresh, retrieved grades 1+2.

I'm now looking to see if TCM acupuncture can help prepare me for my next FET probably 2 months time.

Thanks for your help! :)
Perhaps u will need low dose stimulation

Hmm interesting
I’m with SF Loh and it’s never come up to use lower dose
I think he always places me at higher doses
Perhaps different dr different practise.

When I'm at nuh the dr also just kept increasing the dose until the last cycle I actually have no embryos that could survive till even day 3.

However when I'm given low dose by Dr Roland, I have better quality embryos.

Up to own belief ba

Reactions: JnA
Perhaps different dr different practise.

When I'm at nuh the dr also just kept increasing the dose until the last cycle I actually have no embryos that could survive till even day 3.

However when I'm given low dose by Dr Roland, I have better quality embryos.

Up to own belief ba
Hey Dream, how low is low and how high is high? Like to know...

Hey Dream, how low is low and how high is high? Like to know...
I started with a few days of clomid, maybe 5 days? Then menopur I think, not exceeding 225. Sorry can't rem very exactly but there about.

The highest dose at NUH was gonal F + pergovaris amount to 375? I think there about

I see. According to Dr Sadhana, she wanted to try a different approach as I have 2 failed FET. The nurses also claimed that the hcg should help in delaying my menses, as compared to Crinone. But my menses instead came earlier, then the nurse said maybe my body may not be suitable for the hcg support. :(

my condition is just same as you.

mmm.. some article did mention high doses will produce embryo but I disagree base on my previous experience. Trust Dr Loh, he's really good. High doses will ensure you have enough embryo mature enough for retrieval. More will also means better chance and probability to implant. But less doesnt mean you wont get it . Is a bit like gambling ? hehe.

just sharing my personal experience is all about your own body. Like taking care of your own body and preparing it for better embryo. go TCM etc before starting the cycle. I have just 8 embryo but only 4 fertilised and all grade 1 even the dosage is high. That's why i come to conclusion dosage doesnt affect quality.

Just be a bit patient.

All grade 1- that's great!
Did you get any BFP from those 4?

Would you have TCM to recommend?

Hmm interesting
I’m with SF Loh and it’s never come up to use lower dose
I think he always places me at higher doses
Dr Loh usually uses high dose. I have done 2 cycles with him, both on high doses. A lot of factors matter — for me, it was probably the type of medication & how well my body was prepped for the cycles. I have friends who don’t do well with him but do well with doctors who do low doses (retrieved 1 and that 1 became a blast) so don’t be disheartened. Maybe suggest to him what you are worried about and see how? I did suggest if the medication mattered to give not so good embryos after my first cycle, he changed the meds for the second cycle. I also religiously saw my tcm for 2 years to prep for my cycle and transfer.

don’t give up! :)

Dr Loh usually uses high dose. I have done 2 cycles with him, both on high doses. A lot of factors matter — for me, it was probably the type of medication & how well my body was prepped for the cycles. I have friends who don’t do well with him but do well with doctors who do low doses (retrieved 1 and that 1 became a blast) so don’t be disheartened. Maybe suggest to him what you are worried about and see how? I did suggest if the medication mattered to give not so good embryos after my first cycle, he changed the meds for the second cycle. I also religiously saw my tcm for 2 years to prep for my cycle and transfer.

don’t give up! :)
Would you happen to have any TCM to recommend?
Thanks!

yup ... second trimester ......transfer 3 in but only one make it...EDD Feb :)
i went to eu yan sang

was pretty shock was grade 1 too. Did one cycle before unprepared...and got 3 grade C embryo... 1 implant but miscarriage on week 7....then rest for two years before trying it again. TCM for almost like a year before trying again.
Wao that’s really a long preparation
I’m 43 so I’m concerned if I took a year to prepare it’ll be too late to receive more eggs when all the embryos are utilized

but yea I’m considering going TCM that’s why I’m asking for recommendations :) thanks

I was assigned to Dr Liu after Dr Tan left KKH.. ya I guess KKH approach is really how u describe. Anyway I was already quite disappointed with the 2 failed cycles with her already and tat is why I went back to see Dr Tan. I feel I have a better affinity with him. Haha...
Hey kimchi-ger, last time when u were at kkh under Dr Tan, do they do ultrasound scans at like d5 ? My first scan was at d8 in kkh, wonder if it is normal. Anyway I went to Alpha and just got my blastocyst grading result, definitely way better than in kkh.

Hey kimchi-ger, last time when u were at kkh under Dr Tan, do they do ultrasound scans at like d5 ? My first scan was at d8 in kkh, wonder if it is normal. Anyway I went to Alpha and just got my blastocyst grading result, definitely way better than in kkh.
I can't rmb the cycle with Dr Tan at kkh. It was 5yrs ago. Haha. Are u on frozen transfer? I think for FET is normal to scan at day8. Oh u did u recent cycle at Alpha? U waiting for FET? Yes. I oso got better grading at Alpha.

I can't rmb the cycle with Dr Tan at kkh. It was 5yrs ago. Haha. Are u on frozen transfer? I think for FET is normal to scan at day8. Oh u did u recent cycle at Alpha? U waiting for FET? Yes. I oso got better grading at Alpha.
I mean scanning during stimulation, not during FET. Just wondering if the monitoring is hospital specific, doctor specific or what, cos in kkh my first scan after injections was on d8, whereas in private it's on d5, like what if I dont respond well to the stim after d8 then how? Yes I just did recent cycle at Alpha after chatting with u and Harriet07 haha.... Yes waiting for FET :)

Would you happen to have any TCM to recommend?
Thanks!
Seen Zou Yumin at amk but I think she is a bit overrated, never did improve with her treatment. But I have to say she does have many successful cases. Seen Tan Siew Buoy at Chinatown, famous but the queue is very long and got to see her for only once a month so I thought it was not much of use. I have seen one in Tampines, not bad but long queue, and my current one which I followed through before my cycle 2 till now. You can pm me if keen. I do not want to be seen like hardselling or promoting on forums :)

I mean scanning during stimulation, not during FET. Just wondering if the monitoring is hospital specific, doctor specific or what, cos in kkh my first scan after injections was on d8, whereas in private it's on d5, like what if I dont respond well to the stim after d8 then how? Yes I just did recent cycle at Alpha after chatting with u and Harriet07 haha.... Yes waiting for FET :)
Yes I think Alpha is at day5. The monitoring is quite consistent and near and Dr Tan lower my dosage cos I was responding very well. Yes. Based on my last cycle at kkh, the first scan after injection was day8. I was oso wondering the same as u previously. How many and what are ur grade of blastocysts at Alpha? Gd luck to ur upcoming FET.

Yes I think Alpha is at day5. The monitoring is quite consistent and near and Dr Tan lower my dosage cos I was responding very well. Yes. Based on my last cycle at kkh, the first scan after injection was day8. I was oso wondering the same as u previously. How many and what are ur grade of blastocysts at Alpha? Gd luck to ur upcoming FET.
Thanks! I've got 2 frozen right now, 1 5AB and 1 grade 4 not sure exactly what grade, she say B to C haha..in between maybe... monitoring the rest but doubt they will make it... cos my history best is only 2 early blastocysts. Are u sticking to Dr Tan as yr gynae?

Thanks! I've got 2 frozen right now, 1 5AB and 1 grade 4 not sure exactly what grade, she say B to C haha..in between maybe... monitoring the rest but doubt they will make it... cos my history best is only 2 early blastocysts. Are u sticking to Dr Tan as yr gynae?
Ic. I think the day5 update is more or less there. I oso have 2 on day5. By day7, the embrologyist told me they discarded the rest of CD grades. My last cycle at KKH was oso 2 early blast which I transferred and failed. 5AB is a good grade. I got BFP with tat for my recent cycle. Wish u all the best for ur FET! Yes. I am sticking with him as my gynae cos I feel affinity with him...

Ic. I think the day5 update is more or less there. I oso have 2 on day5. By day7, the embrologyist told me they discarded the rest of CD grades. My last cycle at KKH was oso 2 early blast which I transferred and failed. 5AB is a good grade. I got BFP with tat for my recent cycle. Wish u all the best for ur FET! Yes. I am sticking with him as my gynae cos I feel affinity with him...
Thanks thanks!! Haha u have to, 3x lucky with him leh :) he's good I agree, polite and friendly and knows his stuff. :)

All the best for your FET! 5AB is a good grade. My blastocysts also had better grading at Alpha compared to KKH. I feel their lab is really better and of course Dr Tan's protocol too.

All the best for your FET! 5AB is a good grade. My blastocysts also had better grading at Alpha compared to KKH. I feel their lab is really better and of course Dr Tan's protocol too.
Thank you! Absolutely agree it's the protocol and lab technology, cos this time I even took fewer supplements. :)

Back