IVF/ICSI Support Group


How's everything? All good? How many days past transfer are you now?

Not that good. Since 5dp5dt have been seeing red like periods. And today Is 10dp5dt. Lesser blood but still red when wiped. Tested hpt. Sad to say its negative.

I wonder should I stop all the medications or continue till my blood test.
 
Not that good. Since 5dp5dt have been seeing red like periods. And today Is 10dp5dt. Lesser blood but still red when wiped. Tested hpt. Sad to say its negative.

I wonder should I stop all the medications or continue till my blood test.
I will continue my meds and ask for early blood test if possible.
 
Not that good. Since 5dp5dt have been seeing red like periods. And today Is 10dp5dt. Lesser blood but still red when wiped. Tested hpt. Sad to say its negative.

I wonder should I stop all the medications or continue till my blood test.
ya, cos this kind of situation is rather unique. so better continue with your medications and as for an early blood test.
 
Hi, I have the following to let go:

Proluton x10 vial (expire Mar 2022)
Duphaston x 1 pack (expire 2023)

Please pm if keen
Thanks
 

Attachments

  • 0BF63546-91BE-4F05-A38D-78701C9BE667.jpeg
    0BF63546-91BE-4F05-A38D-78701C9BE667.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 124
  • 1C30E4AD-0B08-43DA-BDC1-3635E344A236.jpeg
    1C30E4AD-0B08-43DA-BDC1-3635E344A236.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 122
Frozen, if I remember correctly, transfer is about S$2,400-2,500, that's the bulk of the whole cost. as for medication, you provision S$500 - 800.

Thanks @towkayneo

Clarified with the CHR nurses already. Just sharing.

She said the transfer and scanning etc is total $4K.

Injection is $200+ (I think this is before transfer to prevent ovulation)
Medication $600+

So all i have to have at least 5K. Gulp. lol

Btw i asked how is the medicated cycle be.

1) Mensus, inform CHR.
2) Day 14 come to clinic, sign consent form, purchase medicine to consume.
3) 2 weeks after mensus will come.
4) Day 14 See prof scanning and etc till lining ideal before transfer.

So all in all about 1- 1/2 months for the medicated frozen transfer to be done.
 
I experience my 1st light pink spotting on 8DP5DT and was given a progestrone jab. The spotting stopped for a while. My 1st thought is implantation bleeding.

Yesterday, I experience heavy spotting with light stream of red bleeding on the panty liner at 20DP5DT. Done a vaginal scan and saw only the gestational sac and was given a progestrone jab again. Dr said it is common for ivf patients to experience spotting due to FET.

Feeling very emotional each time i see spotting and trying to stay positive. Anyone experience on and off spotting like me?
Very common..i had spotting, bleeding, clots till week 12..was going for a support jab almost every other day at that time
 
Anyone here decided what would you do with extra embryos...

I have 5 frozen embryos left (2 PGS tested good blastocysts + 2 untested blastocsyts + 1 unusable based on PGS)

We conceived twins and they are now 1+. Hubby not keen to have more kids as two are tiring enough + cost wise it takes a lot of $$$ to raise them.

Due to covid, we can't even go and sign off the embryos for donation (IVF clinic in JB) and the clinic will only do it in person. Otherwise, need to keep paying fees to store them. Hubby is not keen to store further. Somehow I feel so sad to let go though I know we will not be doing another round anymore...

Chances of anyone using someone else's embryo is also extremely low..

How do you deal with the emotions for the extra embryos, knowing they could very well be your baby ☹
 
Anyone here decided what would you do with extra embryos...

I have 5 frozen embryos left (2 PGS tested good blastocysts + 2 untested blastocsyts + 1 unusable based on PGS)

We conceived twins and they are now 1+. Hubby not keen to have more kids as two are tiring enough + cost wise it takes a lot of $$$ to raise them.

Due to covid, we can't even go and sign off the embryos for donation (IVF clinic in JB) and the clinic will only do it in person. Otherwise, need to keep paying fees to store them. Hubby is not keen to store further. Somehow I feel so sad to let go though I know we will not be doing another round anymore...

Chances of anyone using someone else's embryo is also extremely low..

How do you deal with the emotions for the extra embryos, knowing they could very well be your baby ☹
I also am facing similar issues.

I've recently given birth to my no. 2. Am left with 2 embryos. Hubby is likely not keen with 3rd one. For myself it's also tough as my pregnancies are tough for various reasons other than being IVF pregnancy.

And if were to try for 3rd one, I will be likely in the 40s already. But yes emotionally I cannot bear to discard them. So have yet to decide what to do...
 
Anyone here decided what would you do with extra embryos...

I have 5 frozen embryos left (2 PGS tested good blastocysts + 2 untested blastocsyts + 1 unusable based on PGS)

We conceived twins and they are now 1+. Hubby not keen to have more kids as two are tiring enough + cost wise it takes a lot of $$$ to raise them.

Due to covid, we can't even go and sign off the embryos for donation (IVF clinic in JB) and the clinic will only do it in person. Otherwise, need to keep paying fees to store them. Hubby is not keen to store further. Somehow I feel so sad to let go though I know we will not be doing another round anymore...

Chances of anyone using someone else's embryo is also extremely low..

How do you deal with the emotions for the extra embryos, knowing they could very well be your baby ☹

I had 4 left. Chose to discard them. It is a difficult decision. I was quite sad for a few days actually. Then again the rational husband told me there is no way we could have 6, and even if we put it back, they may not fully implant and develop to become full term babies like how our previous failed transfers. It does give a bit of consolation thinking about it this way.
 
I had 4 left. Chose to discard them. It is a difficult decision. I was quite sad for a few days actually. Then again the rational husband told me there is no way we could have 6, and even if we put it back, they may not fully implant and develop to become full term babies like how our previous failed transfers. It does give a bit of consolation thinking about it this way.
I mean have u ever thought of at least have 1 more?
 
I also am facing similar issues.

I've recently given birth to my no. 2. Am left with 2 embryos. Hubby is likely not keen with 3rd one. For myself it's also tough as my pregnancies are tough for various reasons other than being IVF pregnancy.

And if were to try for 3rd one, I will be likely in the 40s already. But yes emotionally I cannot bear to discard them. So have yet to decide what to do...
Hey Dream! Congrats on having your #2! I would think it's too early to determine whether you want #3 or not, afterall, you just gave birth and the household must be topsy turvy with the new bundle of joy. Give yourself sometime to decide. No hurry.

I have thought of this previously; I did pose this Q and the replies were:

1. Either try them out without support (if they can make it, means it's destined)
2. Discard
3. Donate
 
Anyone here decided what would you do with extra embryos...

I have 5 frozen embryos left (2 PGS tested good blastocysts + 2 untested blastocsyts + 1 unusable based on PGS)

We conceived twins and they are now 1+. Hubby not keen to have more kids as two are tiring enough + cost wise it takes a lot of $$$ to raise them.

Due to covid, we can't even go and sign off the embryos for donation (IVF clinic in JB) and the clinic will only do it in person. Otherwise, need to keep paying fees to store them. Hubby is not keen to store further. Somehow I feel so sad to let go though I know we will not be doing another round anymore...

Chances of anyone using someone else's embryo is also extremely low..

How do you deal with the emotions for the extra embryos, knowing they could very well be your baby ☹
I'm about to face this issue too. I am 39 years old this year, now 34 weeks pregnant with a singleton after going through 3 cycles. I still have 5 blastocysts balance from my 3rd cycle, including one more 4AA grade. But my husband is very firm about having 1 child only. He is older than me, 50 this year so I can see his point about us not being young parents anymore.

I insisted to renew storage for one more year due in March. After going through 3 rounds of stims, it is really heart pain thinking about terminating the embryos!! Will see how again next year, maybe we will have a change in mindset.
 
Hey Dream! Congrats on having your #2! I would think it's too early to determine whether you want #3 or not, afterall, you just gave birth and the household must be topsy turvy with the new bundle of joy. Give yourself sometime to decide. No hurry.

I have thought of this previously; I did pose this Q and the replies were:

1. Either try them out without support (if they can make it, means it's destined)
2. Discard
3. Donate
Thanks for your reply! I guess I might still renew 1x when the storage expires and decide again later
 
I also am facing similar issues.

I've recently given birth to my no. 2. Am left with 2 embryos. Hubby is likely not keen with 3rd one. For myself it's also tough as my pregnancies are tough for various reasons other than being IVF pregnancy.

And if were to try for 3rd one, I will be likely in the 40s already. But yes emotionally I cannot bear to discard them. So have yet to decide what to do...
Congrats on ur new bundle of joy! I am facing the same situation. Still have one 4AA. But I just extended one more yr storage...
 
I mean have u ever thought of at least have 1 more?
I did but after proper consideration, the lack of bandwidth to take care of 3 is real. I guess I rather give them more quality time than to have another and to suffer more mom’s guilt? Having my twins already gave me a lot of guilt because I can never be there for both when both wants me. Plus I don’t have much help at home, it is just husband and I so I think 2 seems to be the best for my case.
 
I did but after proper consideration, the lack of bandwidth to take care of 3 is real. I guess I rather give them more quality time than to have another and to suffer more mom’s guilt? Having my twins already gave me a lot of guilt because I can never be there for both when both wants me. Plus I don’t have much help at home, it is just husband and I so I think 2 seems to be the best for my case.
True.. even for me now I also having mum guilt towards both kids.. I hope it will be better when the younger is older, can do more things together with the older one
 
I'm about to face this issue too. I am 39 years old this year, now 34 weeks pregnant with a singleton after going through 3 cycles. I still have 5 blastocysts balance from my 3rd cycle, including one more 4AA grade. But my husband is very firm about having 1 child only. He is older than me, 50 this year so I can see his point about us not being young parents anymore.

I insisted to renew storage for one more year due in March. After going through 3 rounds of stims, it is really heart pain thinking about terminating the embryos!! Will see how again next year, maybe we will have a change in mindset.
Wow harriet07, happy to hear that u have come so far! Is yrs a girl or boy? :) where r u delivering yr baby? On the topic of yr embryos, u have such a top grade one, it is indeed a pity to waste them. If u all can have a 2nd one soon after, the gap will not be so far apart, being an older parent by 1 or 2 years may not be that significant, and you all would have gained the experience from taking care of the first, and might find looking after the 2nd easier. Besides, it's good to have a sibling for the first. :) Perhaps yr husband would be more accepting in this sense? Here's wishing you a smooth upcoming delivery! :)
 
Wow harriet07, happy to hear that u have come so far! Is yrs a girl or boy? :) where r u delivering yr baby? On the topic of yr embryos, u have such a top grade one, it is indeed a pity to waste them. If u all can have a 2nd one soon after, the gap will not be so far apart, being an older parent by 1 or 2 years may not be that significant, and you all would have gained the experience from taking care of the first, and might find looking after the 2nd easier. Besides, it's good to have a sibling for the first. :) Perhaps yr husband would be more accepting in this sense? Here's wishing you a smooth upcoming delivery! :)
@lovebabybub When u gg for ur FET? In the end wad grades are ur blastocysts at Alpha? I rmb u mention one 5AB right?
 
@lovebabybub When u gg for ur FET? In the end wad grades are ur blastocysts at Alpha? I rmb u mention one 5AB right?
Hello kimchi-ger, yes in the end I had 5 blastocysts 2 day 5 and 3 day 6. Day 5 ones are 5AB and 4BB-C Day 6 ones are mostly 5BB. I'm on progynova right now, FET should be next next week if lining scan is ok next week. :) hoping for the best :)
 
Hello kimchi-ger, yes in the end I had 5 blastocysts 2 day 5 and 3 day 6. Day 5 ones are 5AB and 4BB-C Day 6 ones are mostly 5BB. I'm on progynova right now, FET should be next next week if lining scan is ok next week. :) hoping for the best :)
Hey...all the best to you!!! My transfer will be also next week if lining ok & I have same grade blastocysts as u.....:)
 
Hello kimchi-ger, yes in the end I had 5 blastocysts 2 day 5 and 3 day 6. Day 5 ones are 5AB and 4BB-C Day 6 ones are mostly 5BB. I'm on progynova right now, FET should be next next week if lining scan is ok next week. :) hoping for the best :)
Oic. All the best to u. Hope to hear ur gd news soon!
 
Very common..i had spotting, bleeding, clots till week 12..was going for a support jab almost every other day at that time
I had been on the support jab every week. The progesterone is in ampoule and then I bring some home. As and when i need the jab, i can go to those normal GP Dr to do the injection. It is more convenient for me rather to travel to the Alpha.
 
Last edited:
Wow harriet07, happy to hear that u have come so far! Is yrs a girl or boy? :) where r u delivering yr baby? On the topic of yr embryos, u have such a top grade one, it is indeed a pity to waste them. If u all can have a 2nd one soon after, the gap will not be so far apart, being an older parent by 1 or 2 years may not be that significant, and you all would have gained the experience from taking care of the first, and might find looking after the 2nd easier. Besides, it's good to have a sibling for the first. :) Perhaps yr husband would be more accepting in this sense? Here's wishing you a smooth upcoming delivery! :)
Thanks so much for your reply and wishes. :) I am expecting a boy and will deliver at Mt A by Dr Tan.

Wishing you best of luck for your upcoming FET! :)
 
Mine is over-elevated TSH & TPO Ab thyroid autoantibodies which I strongly feel that was the cause of my multiple implantation failures and chemical pregnancy. So I did a lot of research before deciding to see Dr Sheila Vasoo. She works hand in hand with my IVF doc, Dr Tan HH and I was put on aspirin, euthyrox, prednisolon and vit D before I finally gotten my bfp. You can read more about her below:-

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/she-helps-couples-with-recurrent-miscarriages

Her clinic details in case you are keen to seek another opinion:-
http://www.arc-clinic.com.sg/services.html

All the best to you!
Hi, I would like to know more of Ur experience on the rheumatology treatment.

Hope u can share Ur experience with me if u have time.
 
Hello all I need some thoughts in this. I’ve been having gastric/ Ibs issue for one month and have been eating medicine for one month but didn’t resolve, recently went to see specialist. My ivf is in feb and I had my menses today I really don’t know if I should proceed or postpone. If I postpone the next earliest cycle is in jul and I can’t and can only do in aug/ sept. I still have one frozen but grade c. Chances are Low. What shd I do? Do u all go through ivf when ur body is not that well and on medications?
 
Hello all I need some thoughts in this. I’ve been having gastric/ Ibs issue for one month and have been eating medicine for one month but didn’t resolve, recently went to see specialist. My ivf is in feb and I had my menses today I really don’t know if I should proceed or postpone. If I postpone the next earliest cycle is in jul and I can’t and can only do in aug/ sept. I still have one frozen but grade c. Chances are Low. What shd I do? Do u all go through ivf when ur body is not that well and on medications?
If I am not in a tip top condition, I will not proceed with the transfer. i will not waste the embryo.
 
Hello all I need some thoughts in this. I’ve been having gastric/ Ibs issue for one month and have been eating medicine for one month but didn’t resolve, recently went to see specialist. My ivf is in feb and I had my menses today I really don’t know if I should proceed or postpone. If I postpone the next earliest cycle is in jul and I can’t and can only do in aug/ sept. I still have one frozen but grade c. Chances are Low. What shd I do? Do u all go through ivf when ur body is not that well and on medications?

I am currently in kind of similar situation but am going for a frozen embryo transfer. I went for endo scratch to transfer this cycle. But gosh, I came down with sore throat last week and another fever of an unknown cause yesterday. Since my body is not at her best form, I decided to postpone it.
 
I am currently in kind of similar situation but am going for a frozen embryo transfer. I went for endo scratch to transfer this cycle. But gosh, I came down with sore throat last week and another fever of an unknown cause yesterday. Since my body is not at her best form, I decided to postpone it.
Ok I have postponed it but my gastric issue is still bad so will see how it goes again.
 
Hi, has anyone ever had a bad rash outbreak post their stims? My stims this round was higher dosage and it was done around end December. Since last week I’ve had a bad rash outbreak on my legs and arms that isn’t food allergies or sort, wondering if anyone has had the same? Thanks
I had bad rash during my failed pregnancy and I suspect it’s due to progrsterone.
 
Does anyone know the current queue for kkh Dr Phoon private route? I'm due to see her in early March. I wonder how fast can we go into ivf already. What if there are open slots from others, can I switch? Not sure how it works. Just hope to get it done fast as we have been trying for alot of years
 
I am also interested to know the queue situation in KKH now. I have an appointment with KKH this Friday but thinking if I should go. Wanted to try KKH as NUH lab was closed for renovation and will only open in March. Mine will only be scheduled in Aug 2022.
 
I am also interested to know the queue situation in KKH now. I have an appointment with KKH this Friday but thinking if I should go. Wanted to try KKH as NUH lab was closed for renovation and will only open in March. Mine will only be scheduled in Aug 2022.
Aug in kkh or nuh?
 

Hi guys my scope results is back I think everything is normal except that the doc diagnose me with Ibs and indigestion. I’m on 2 weeks of medicine le but then now still having pain despite the test and medicine etc I’m still going ahead with my ivf in March cos it doesn’t seem like this is going to cure any time soon despite the medications. Anybody have this issue when doing ivf? Or have been taking gastri pills while doing ivf and is all ok?
 

Back
Top