IVF/ICSI Support Group

I actually never eat anything specific to promote quality eggs. I only ate GNC prenatal multi vitamins and folic acid (from Watsons/Guardian). That's all. I did more to prepare for implantation.

So I suspect it was my husband's sperms quality that might have improved that resulted in better quality embryos.

thanks, what did you do to prepare for implantation? I just did my 1st ER today, the experience is better than i imagined with no major discomfort, hoping for good embryos for implantation!

thanks, what did you do to prepare for implantation? I just did my 1st ER today, the experience is better than i imagined with no major discomfort, hoping for good embryos for implantation!
I ate Brazil nuts (2 to 3 nuts a day), drank longan red date tea (daily), drank chicken essence (bottled kind, daily), avoided all cold/cooling foods, wore socks at night to sleep and drank pomegranate juice to promote good lining.

Rest well! All the best for your ET!

I ate Brazil nuts (2 to 3 nuts a day), drank longan red date tea (daily), drank chicken essence (bottled kind, daily), avoided all cold/cooling foods, wore socks at night to sleep and drank pomegranate juice to promote good lining.

Rest well! All the best for your ET!
Hi can I know when you started this before ET? One month? Or one week before? Is it you really didn’t drink any cold drinks? The weather is so so hot nowadays

Hi can I know when you started this before ET? One month? Or one week before? Is it you really didn’t drink any cold drinks? The weather is so so hot nowadays
For the multivits, folic acid, LRD tea, I had taken them continuously for years when I started IVF. I never really stopped except for the occasional breaks when I took a pause ttc.
I visited TCM before so I know my body constitution is the cooling type. So I also avoided cold/cooling foods for years. Really is no ice cream, ice drinks, watermelon, green tea, watercress soup, etc. I also only broke the rules occasionally, like when I failed my transfer to reward myself.

For the Brazil nuts and pomegranate juice, I will take them from CD1 for the month that I'm doing my IVF until abt 1 week post transfer. Chicken essence also from CD1.

On wearing socks, I only did it from the day of transfer till blood test.

Hope this helps!

Wah till tri 2... did u have to do bed rest all the way?
Not really. Not possible anyway rested initially up till maybe week 6/7. Then after that just off and on light walking. It was a lot of spotting towards late tri 1 and tri 2 so i just slowed down on my pace of work and rest whenever I had cramps or spotted because gynae already warned me I was going to spot/bleed, it is normal and expected so long as it is not heavy.

Not really. Not possible anyway rested initially up till maybe week 6/7. Then after that just off and on light walking. It was a lot of spotting towards late tri 1 and tri 2 so i just slowed down on my pace of work and rest whenever I had cramps or spotted because gynae already warned me I was going to spot/bleed, it is normal and expected so long as it is not heavy.
Sounds scary right. Were u on extra support meds?

She just asked me you wan do fet next cycle immediately or next next cycle.
being kan chiong and really wanna to have bb faster I chose immediately lol

Hi,
The doc also questioned me the same thing. I said to wait for the new cycle after this menses.

But what I worry Is, I am require to take induce menses pills as my cycles are unpredictable. I was given the natural frozen transfer, Which means after taking induced menses pills, letrozole pills on day2 menses shortly after.

Has anyone been thru this also? I actually wish for the menses to come naturally. So I dun have to take so much drugs. And does the menses come on time after the ivf stimulation ?

Hi,
The doc also questioned me the same thing. I said to wait for the new cycle after this menses.

But what I worry Is, I am require to take induce menses pills as my cycles are unpredictable. I was given the natural frozen transfer, Which means after taking induced menses pills, letrozole pills on day2 menses shortly after.

Has anyone been thru this also? I actually wish for the menses to come naturally. So I dun have to take so much drugs. And does the menses come on time after the ivf stimulation ?
Is this your 1st FET? I heard natural FET is quite stressful though.

Most ladies choose medicated FET cos more predictable. U can check out these 2 b4 decide.

Hi
The doc didnt gave me this option. Just say natural FET. And I was blur to accept it. How do I change to medicated? Is medicated more effective to have ovulation?
Call up the nurse to check?

Hi
The doc didnt gave me this option. Just say natural FET. And I was blur to accept it. How do I change to medicated? Is medicated more effective to have ovulation?
Medicated FET doesn't require you to ovulate. You will take meds to prep the womb and do scans to check lining. Once the lining is optimum, you will do the transfer. No ovulation required. Having done both methods before, i do agree it is less stressful than natural.

Maybe you can speak to your gynae and ask him why he thinks you should go on natural FET before you decide if u want to change? Can call clinic up and see if u can speak with him?

Hi
If ur menses is usually regular doctor will advise u to go for natural rather than medical. I went for natural cuz my period is regular and I didn't wanna pump my body full of meds after all the stimulation drugs.

It's more stressful in the sense u have to track ur ovulation and will be wondering when is the day and whether u missed it.

Personally I don't think there's one way that is more effective. I was on natural and it was good for me. I think it's more of what's better for ur body condition.

Good luck and baby dust!

Medicated FET doesn't require you to ovulate. You will take meds to prep the womb and do scans to check lining. Once the lining is optimum, you will do the transfer. No ovulation required. Having done both methods before, i do agree it is less stressful than natural.

Maybe you can speak to your gynae and ask him why he thinks you should go on natural FET before you decide if u want to change? Can call clinic up and see if u can speak with him?

Ok thanks. But I think I can only check with the nurse. Its govt hospital. Or perhaps they may want me to try this natural FET first? I guess.

If ur menses is usually regular doctor will advise u to go for natural rather than medical. I went for natural cuz my period is regular and I didn't wanna pump my body full of meds after all the stimulation drugs.

It's more stressful in the sense u have to track ur ovulation and will be wondering when is the day and whether u missed it.

Personally I don't think there's one way that is more effective. I was on natural and it was good for me. I think it's more of what's better for ur body condition.

Good luck and baby dust!

Hi,

I am having irregular cycles ranging from 40 to 60days. PCOS. I do not know why the doc chosen (natural FET + letrozole). Induce menses duphaston was given as well.

Yes, I do prefer a minimal drug protocols. As i dunno when the stim meds will completely be release from my body.

Does it means we have to do OPK test daily?

Hi,

Does anyone knows When should we start and stop pomegranate juice, red bean or red raspberry tea leaf during the FET cycle?

Hi,

I am having irregular cycles ranging from 40 to 60days. PCOS. I do not know why the doc chosen natural FET + letrozole.

Yes, I do prefer a minimal drug protocols. As i dunno when the stim meds will completely be release from my body.

Hmm if ur menses are not regular then worthwhile to have a chat with your doctor to understand his/her rationale on suggesting a natural fet.

Yeps have to do OPK daily. I think that's probably the stressful part most ladies mentioned.

Last edited:
Hi,

I am having irregular cycles ranging from 40 to 60days. PCOS. I do not know why the doc chosen (natural FET + letrozole). Induce menses duphaston was given as well.

Actually medicated FET doesn't have alot of meds. Its just progynova. And u go scan for lining maybe 2-3x then good to go, then will start crinone few days b4 transfer.

To induce menses u need duphaston. Its also a meds. Medicated just wait for menses, no need to induce I guess.

Not sure if natural FET need crinone?

Of cos all is up to your comfort level

Actually medicated FET doesn't have alot of meds. Its just progynova. And u go scan for lining maybe 2-3x then good to go, then will start crinone few days b4 transfer.

To induce menses u need duphaston. Its also a meds. Medicated just wait for menses, no need to induce I guess.

Not sure if natural FET need crinone?

Of cos all is up to your comfort level

Hi,

Oh.. so medicated is progynova only. Noted with thanks.

But my menses will take forever to come. So the doc standby the duphaston, in case my menses doesn't show up 30days later. I think I was booked for july slot to do 1st FET.

Is this your 1st FET? I heard natural FET is quite stressful though.

Yes, you are right. It was stressful to me personally even though I have regular cycles. The tracking of O and I was literally camping at KKH every other day for scanning. Needless to say, I failed the Natural FET. With medicated, it was a breeze indeed.

Hi all I was supposed to ovulate today or near ovulation but follicles are not growing. (Today is day 14)
so doc switch me from natural to medicated fet.
Can I know anyone succeed under medicated fet? And what’s the range for good lining for transfer?

Hi all I was supposed to ovulate today or near ovulation but follicles are not growing. (Today is day 14)
Can I know anyone succeed under medicated fet? And what’s the range for good lining for transfer?
I think more ladies did medicated compared to natural? Lining usually about 8-9mm then can start to prepare for transfer

I think more ladies did medicated compared to natural? Lining usually about 8-9mm then can start to prepare for transfer
Do they count FET as the second time for ART subsidise or it’s seperate from fresh? Also will the embryos survive thawing? How does medicated works and how it differ from natural?

Do they count FET as the second time for ART subsidise or it’s seperate from fresh? Also will the embryos survive thawing? How does medicated works and how it differ from natural?
Subsidies for Fresh and Fet are separate.

Whether the embryos will survive thawing really depends on the embryos. No one will know for sure.

To share, my medicated FET was as follows:
CD2 : started on progynova
CD10 : 1st lining scan
CD13 : 2nd lining scan, started on crinone gel and duphaston
CD18 : transfer, continued all 3 meds until blood test.

Whereas my natural FET was as follows:
CD2 - CD6 : letrozole
CD7 : 1st scan
CD8 : started opk testing
CD10 : 2nd scan
CD12 : 3rd scan (+opk)
CD15 : started on Duphaston and Crinone gel daily
CD18 : transfer, continued on 2 meds daily until blood test

I would like to caveat that everyone's FET progresses differently so the above is really just for reference.

Fresh and FET each have 3x subsidies. FET will be much lesser. Not sure how much is it now.
Most of the time will survive thawing.. a small % won't ba. Like all every other things, there's no 100%

FET is consider another seperate cycle from fresh. I think we gotGovt subsidies for 3 fresh and 3 frozen cycle with each time amount getting lesser and Lesser.
Medicated FET means they provide u pills to work in your lining but natural is wait for you ovulate then check lining then can arrange embryo transfer.
Personally my embryo grade down from b to c last time round after thawing. Ultimately the quality of egg and sperm is really really important. Of course there’s also many factors that affects after thawing

Hi, mind if I ask.
Do u face the same problem in ur 1st ivf? Is urs natural FET + letrozole?

And switching from natural to medicated FET means u carry on this cycle and start taking the medicated medicine now? Bcoz I am schedule to do natural FET next mth.

Hi, mind if I ask.
Do u face the same problem in ur 1st ivf? Is urs natural FET + letrozole?

And switching from natural to medicated FET means u carry on this cycle and start taking the medicated medicine now? Bcoz I am schedule to do natural FET next mth.
No for my first FET I did ovulate with the help of letrozole so it’s natural FET but embryo didn’t stick.
Yea now I’m switch to medicated and they r focusing on building my lining. And see if ovulation will still happen for these next few days

Hi all for those done medicated FET after doc checked lining is good and good for ET, is it need to wait 5days later then do ET or it can be done almost anytime after the lining is good?

just did my ET this morning, doc says mine generally slower growth, she transferred 2 early D4 embryos (today is D5) into me, hope for the best! anyone has success stories with slower growing embryos before?

just did my ET this morning, doc says mine generally slower growth, she transferred 2 early D4 embryos (today is D5) into me, hope for the best! anyone has success stories with slower growing embryos before?
Transferred already then dont think about it. Just pray for the best and talk to your embryos everyday.

Back