IVF/ICSI Support Group

Adoption was something my husb and I considered if we're unable to have our own child. And if we were to adopt, we were looking at adopting through MSF instead of paying agencies a hefty fee for it.

It felt like since we want to have a child, why not help one who needs a home instead of "buying" one? But of course, it may be easier said than done as we both have to be sure that we're ready to open our hearts for this.

So why not let this be an option as well? :)

Adoption was something my husb and I considered if we're unable to have our own child. And if we were to adopt, we were looking at adopting through MSF instead of paying agencies a hefty fee for it.

It felt like since we want to have a child, why not help one who needs a home instead of "buying" one? But of course, it may be easier said than done as we both have to be sure that we're ready to open our hearts for this.

So why not let this be an option as well? :)
Hi u BFP right. Any symptoms during the tww?

Whenever we go outing seeing couples carrying babies , my heart feel very very upset . I don’t have a chance to hear my baby called me mummy ! This is the most regret in my life! As what the doctor said my overian is very Low unless donor eggs . Whenever I think of it I feel very very upset !
I know what you mean. When my friends got pregnant last time, I felt really horrible when I felt more jealous than happy for them. Seeing people with kids also made me feel so sad for myself. It's natural for women to feel these way because we are biologically driven to want kids.

Actually no harm asking your doctor how to go about getting embryo donations. There may be some who have quite a number, but don't have energy to go through another round of pregnancy. I don't think it's impossible.

Or try fostering/adoption

Any relatives willing to donate their eggs? Maybe can try
Here are the various fractions of DNA that you would share with your child, with different types of blood relatives as egg donor:

Full sister - 25% (1/4)

Half-sister or niece - 12.5% (1/8)

First cousin - 6.25% (1/16)

Second cousin - 3.125% (1/32).

Note that if you were using your own eggs, you would share 50% (1/2) of DNA with your child.

Last edited:

Here are the various fractions of DNA that you would share with your child, with different types of blood relatives as egg donor:

Full sister - 25% (1/4)

Half-sister or niece - 12.5% (1/8)

First cousin - 6.25% (1/16)

Second cousin - 3.125% (1/32).

Note that if you were using your own eggs, you would share 50% (1/2) of DNA with your child.
Thanks for sharing..

Hi u BFP right. Any symptoms during the tww?
Yes, after trying for about 2 years or so. It's from a fresh cycle and also our last chance because I have no frozen and only 1 embryo that could be transferred. We've also more or less used up the MediSave allowable so we didn't dare to place too much hopes on this last chance.

I started getting hungry more often in the 2nd week, boobs getting more tender and was also very tired. But I didn't dare to think it was a BFP coz it could have also been the progesterone I was on. We're really lucky after a blighted ovum last year and I was nervous and scared until the first ultrasound.

Yes, after trying for about 2 years or so. It's from a fresh cycle and also our last chance because I have no frozen and only 1 embryo that could be transferred. We've also more or less used up the MediSave allowable so we didn't dare to place too much hopes on this last chance.

I started getting hungry more often in the 2nd week, boobs getting more tender and was also very tired. But I didn't dare to think it was a BFP coz it could have also been the progesterone I was on. We're really lucky after a blighted ovum last year and I was nervous and scared until the first ultrasound.
What u did during the tww?

Can donor egg recipients 'pass on DNA' to their children? - BioNews

2 November 2015
By Dr Jess Buxton
Geneticist, University College London
Appeared in BioNews 826
The idea that environmental conditions in the womb may have long-lasting effects on development and future health is well-established. We have known for some time, for example, that low birthweight is linked to an increased risk of type 2 diabetes and heart disease in adulthood. The search for biological culprits that might underpin this and similar observations is a highly active area of research, a field known as DOHaD (developmental origins of health and disease). One promising line of enquiry is epigenetics, the study of enduring changes in gene activity. Through epigenetic alterations, the activity levels of some genes may be turned up – or down – in response to external cues present in our environment. This includes our first environment, the womb.

How early on in development might such changes occur? A recent study suggests that embryonic gene activity may be altered by factors present in the womb even before implantation. This finding triggered a somewhat misleading newspaper article entitled 'Infertile mums "pass on DNA"', which claimed the research means recipients of donor eggs are passing on their own DNA to their child. This isn't the case. But the scientists did discover a way in which women who conceive using donor eggs may affect the activity of their child's genes, from the earliest stages of pregnancy onwards.

The research team, based in Spain and the USA, studied molecules called microRNAs (1). As the name suggests, microRNAs are short sections of RNA, a chemical relative of DNA. Their job is to fine-tune the activity levels of genes during development and throughout life. As such, they are key part of the epigenetic machinery. MicroRNAs, like proteins, are themselves the products of genes - there are over 2500 known human microRNA genes. Each microRNA is predicted to have hundreds to thousands of different target genes, enabling them to influence complex networks of gene activity in processes ranging from growth and development to immunity.

The researchers first identified a set of microRNAs present in the nurturing fluid produced by the womb lining, specifically during the crucial 'window of implantation' – the time when the womb is most receptive to an embryo. They then focused on one particular microRNA, called hsa-miR-30d, which they studied further in mice. They found that after it is released by the womb lining, it is taken up into the embryo before implantation. The team then showed that the activity of several genes was 'turned up' in mouse embryos that had taken up the microRNA, compared to those that hadn't.

If confirmed by other teams, and if a similar effect of the microRNA is demonstrated in humans, then this would be a novel epigenetic mechanism through which the mother's genetic material appears to be influencing the activity of some of the embryo's genes. If each of our 20,000 or so protein-coding genes is thought of as having a 'dimmer' type switch, rather than a simple on/off switch, then the study shows that some switches may get turned up or down a bit just before implantation, in response to levels of hsa-miR-30d. However, what this might mean in terms of its effect on subsequent development of the embryo, or the future health of the resulting child, is unknown. As is often the case, more research is needed.

So the answer to the question 'Can donor egg recipients "pass on DNA" to their children?' is no. But can women who conceive using donor eggs affect their children's genes? Absolutely, as can those who conceive naturally. There is already plenty of evidence to support the beneficial effects of a healthy lifestyle during pregnancy on the developing fetus. And our experiences and environment continue to influence gene activity throughout our lives. What the new research shows is that the influence of the environment in the womb may start even earlier than previously realised.

Help~ am having OHSS, super ultra bloated tummy. Very uncomfortable.. what can I do to lessen the symptoms besides isotonic drink and eggs? Have been having both for the past two days.

Hi ladies, can i check if anyone finds it more difficult to insert utrogestan after ET? It feels like the vagina wall is tighter?

What u did during the tww?
Was in bed a lot for the first 2 days. Then the rest of it was playing games on my laptop, gone for a facial, eat and sleep whenever I felt like it. Even had a couple of cold drinks towards the end of the tww because of the weather. But nothing really special.

Was in bed a lot for the first 2 days. Then the rest of it was playing games on my laptop, gone for a facial, eat and sleep whenever I felt like it. Even had a couple of cold drinks towards the end of the tww because of the weather. But nothing really special.
Did u like go shopping etc?

Help~ am having OHSS, super ultra bloated tummy. Very uncomfortable.. what can I do to lessen the symptoms besides isotonic drink and eggs? Have been having both for the past two days.
Aiyo... have you called the clinic to ask? If I'm not wrong, it's usually conservative treatment - just water and rest

It's very normal. It took me at least 5-6 days for the pain to come down and i am talking about extraction of 17 eggs :( I dont recall suffering for so many days during my younger days. It must be age.

The best you can do is to keep drinking water and eating protein as well as Carboline. 4 tiny tablets that cost $70 and each night you take 1/2. Did the doc prescribe that to you?

Whenever we go outing seeing couples carrying babies , my heart feel very very upset . I don’t have a chance to hear my baby called me mummy ! This is the most regret in my life! As what the doctor said my overian is very Low unless donor eggs . Whenever I think of it I feel very very upset !

Aiya, instead of keep lamenting you are sad and you know it's like so impossible to get donor eggs, why not you do some research and try 1. Donor Embryos 2. Adoption 3. If you insist, donor eggs.

More useful ley.

It's very normal. It took me at least 5-6 days for the pain to come down and i am talking about extraction of 17 eggs :( I dont recall suffering for so many days during my younger days. It must be age.

The best you can do is to keep drinking water and eating protein as well as Carboline. 4 tiny tablets that cost $70 and each night you take 1/2. Did the doc prescribe that to you?

Ya doctor gave me Carboline. Today finally finally the symptoms abated a little, previously stomach was bloated like a balloon or 4 months preggy

Can I check with you ladies how many times do you need to insert crinoline per day? I got prescribed twice a day which I really think is over kill?

Aiya, instead of keep lamenting you are sad and you know it's like so impossible to get donor eggs, why not you do some research and try 1. Donor Embryos 2. Adoption 3. If you insist, donor eggs.

More useful ley.

Agree with towkayneo.
Actually embryos are probably easier to get than eggs in Singapore, because we allow the freezing of embryos but not eggs ( unless for medical reasons) . You should check that out.
At the same time don’t give up hope and keep on tiao li your body! Change doctors if necessary to get a second opinion!

Ya doctor gave me Carboline. Today finally finally the symptoms abated a little, previously stomach was bloated like a balloon or 4 months preggy

Can I check with you ladies how many times do you need to insert crinoline per day? I got prescribed twice a day which I really think is over kill?
True, using it even once was so irritating after initial few days:confused:.... I was also told to use it twice a day & with a gap of 12 Hrs between them.

Agree with towkayneo.
Actually embryos are probably easier to get than eggs in Singapore, because we allow the freezing of embryos but not eggs ( unless for medical reasons) . You should check that out.
At the same time don’t give up hope and keep on tiao li your body! Change doctors if necessary to get a second opinion!
Actually, not so difficult to find donor eggs in Singapore, just a bit pricey. Please refer to the following links:

More useful ley.
Hi sisters! Thanks for everything ! To get donor eggs is so difficult not said about embryo! Just praying hard there is a kind hearted person lend me a hand to be the donor ! Let me have a chance to be a mother ! Of course I still feeling sad in my heart whenever I think of it ! Just praying to Buddha there is a kind hearted person to be the egg donor !

Hi sisters! Thanks for everything ! To get donor eggs is so difficult not said about embryo! Just praying hard there is a kind hearted person lend me a hand to be the donor ! Let me have a chance to be a mother ! Of course I still feeling sad in my heart whenever I think of it ! Just praying to Buddha there is a kind hearted person to be the egg donor !
U can go pte clinic and ask if can import donor eggs from other countries. In SG we can tell u is VERY LOW possibility

Hi sisters! I am already 49. Doctor said unless got donor egg even do IVF success rate not high. Feeling sad when the doctor said this . If I do , can I eat fruits from the fridge Bec they said the injection medication will cause bloatness .
I think you leave it out for awhile before eating the fruits. Cold is not so good. If you really want a child, just try it. At least you tried, your best. Good luck!

U can go pte clinic and ask if can import donor eggs from other countries. In SG we can tell u is VERY LOW possibility
Actually, I rang up Alpha IVF (Singapore branch) recently. They told me that they are permitted to import frozen donor eggs from Egg Bank Asia based in Penang. Egg Bank Asia is closely affiliated with Island Fertility Centre in Georgetown, Penang.

Here is the Catalogue of Chinese Egg Donors from Egg Bank Asia.
Please see attached PDF file.

Alternatively, you can logon to their website as follows:
https://www.eggbankasia.com/donor-profiles
Username: guest
Password: eba2019

Attachments

• Sample Donor Profile - Egg Bank Asia.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 107

Hi Ding2505, have you done your egg retrieval? When did you realise you have OHSS? I have injected 3 days of puregon and am feeling sore all over and a bit bloated.

Hi Ding2505, have you done your egg retrieval? When did you realise you have OHSS? I have injected 3 days of puregon and am feeling sore all over and a bit bloated.

Only after ER then realise.
I think sore and bloated during injections is normal. You only got puregon? I have needle phobia now cos need to inject 3 needles a day the last few days omg.

I have yet to undergo ET, then again, there must be a reason why the doc prescribed 2x crinone for you. just follow bah

Did u mean crinone? Is it ur 1st transfer? Most of the time the doc prescribed 2x a day. At least for my case

Only after ER then realise.
I think sore and bloated during injections is normal. You only got puregon? I have needle phobia now cos need to inject 3 needles a day the last few days omg.

Yup, only got puregon 125mg per day now, tml going for follicles scan. As and when will be bloated and legs feel a lot of the water retention. I read that eating more salty food will help besides isotonic drink and eggs.

Yup, only got puregon 125mg per day now, tml going for follicles scan. As and when will be bloated and legs feel a lot of the water retention. I read that eating more salty food will help besides isotonic drink and eggs.
I think increased salt in your body will cause more water retention.. u may wanna check on this again

I think increased salt in your body will cause more water retention.. u may wanna check on this again

Hi Dreamscometrue, I read about this
IMG_1295.JPG
. It’s from shawsimpleswaps.com. There are also a few articles about following high sodium diet postops to prevent OHSS. I guess there are some conflicting views on this. So stick to drinking electrolyte drinks and eating egg whites will be better.

H

Hihi! I jus done retrieval yesterday and the bloat pain and cramp is another level! Super painful. Barely can walk and no matter I sit or lie down left or right is super painful. Whenever my bladder is almost full my bladder will be painful as well :(
Doc didn’t prescribe me anything except told me to eat Panadol if pain.
Can I know what else did u do to feel better?
I did my fresh last year but also never so painful :(

Hi Dreamscometrue, I read about thisView attachment 729043. It’s from shawsimpleswaps.com. There are also a few articles about following high sodium diet postops to prevent OHSS. I guess there are some conflicting views on this. So stick to drinking electrolyte drinks and eating egg whites will be better.
Can't open it. But idk. Can check with ur nurse or doc. In any case, too much salt is not good also. Hope you're better now!

H

Hihi! I jus done retrieval yesterday and the bloat pain and cramp is another level! Super painful. Barely can walk and no matter I sit or lie down left or right is super painful. Whenever my bladder is almost full my bladder will be painful as well :(
Doc didn’t prescribe me anything except told me to eat Panadol if pain.
Can I know what else did u do to feel better?
I did my fresh last year but also never so painful :(
How many eggs did you retrieve this time round?

For my recent ER, I had it hard too, recovery time was longer, around 7 days. I do not recall it was so long and bad in the past. Perhaps, age does play a part.
To ease the ache, I ate more protein and drank more water and popped in carboline every night.
When it gets too unbearable, I popped in 2 panadols.

Can't open it. But idk. Can check with ur nurse or doc. In any case, too much salt is not good also. Hope you're better now!
think moderation is key. some swear by more water and protein. some swear by H2O. During this period, try whatever makes the cramp go away. Afterall, it's temporary.

I don’t know.. I just pop carboline whjxh the doctor gave and ate eggs till I wanna puke and ate chicken breasts and tofu after I couldn’t take the eggs anymore. Oh and I finish two bottles of 100 Plus- I have no idea whether these help but I just do

hi anyone tested positive on Beta after negative test on home pregnancy test. today is my 11days after a day5 ET.

How many eggs did you retrieve this time round?

For my recent ER, I had it hard too, recovery time was longer, around 7 days. I do not recall it was so long and bad in the past. Perhaps, age does play a part.
To ease the ache, I ate more protein and drank more water and popped in carboline every night.
When it gets too unbearable, I popped in 2 panadols.

hi I retrieved 20 eggs this time round.
Today I felt better but still very bloated and cramp. Whenever I got abit of bladder full it will be super painful and I must immediately go toilet to release. Hope the pain subside soon

Back