IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi ladies, I am on my 2WW. Currently 7dp5dt and today I have brown discharge. Am wondering is it the old blood from implantation bleeding or my mens is coming? My blood test is on 11dp5dt. Tks!

Hi ladies, I am on my 2WW. Currently 7dp5dt and today I have brown discharge. Am wondering is it the old blood from implantation bleeding or my mens is coming? My blood test is on 11dp5dt. Tks!
Hi, I’m currently 7dp5dt. Had light spotting (staining ) yesterday also. Called clinic n doc asked me back for support jab. He mentioned it’s too early for menses to come anyway. Maybe u want to call the clinic or hospital to check ? I’m feeling nausea also dunno if it’s from the medication.

Hi, I’m currently 7dp5dt. Had light spotting (staining ) yesterday also. Called clinic n doc asked me back for support jab. He mentioned it’s too early for menses to come anyway. Maybe u want to call the clinic or hospital to check ? I’m feeling nausea also dunno if it’s from the medication.
Thanks for your reply! Based on the instructions given to me (govt hospital) not required to call the clinic, it states bleeding could be implantation or period is coming so no need to panic. :( I only have mild cramps. My previous 3 transfers no brown discharge unlike this transfer. I am quite worried.

U r with private clinic? When is ur blood test?

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply! Based on the instructions given to me (govt hospital) not required to call the clinic, it states bleeding could be implantation or period is coming so no need to panic. :( I only have mild cramps. My previous 3 transfers no brown discharge unlike this transfer. I am quite worried.

U r with private clinic? When is ur blood test?
Yes. With private clinic. Blood test next Thursday .

I have failed 2 fresh transfers with good lining but not sure why implantation did not happen. Can anyone advise what tests u do after this to check on possible implantation failure? Thanks!

I have failed 2 fresh transfers with good lining but not sure why implantation did not happen. Can anyone advise what tests u do after this to check on possible implantation failure? Thanks!
I have failed 1 fresh cycle (3 transfers). Currently on my 2nd cycle, 10dp5dt. Just tested postive on my home pregnancy test kit (day 6 blasts grade BB) Waiting for blood test to confirm tomorrow. For my 3 failed blastocysts transfers, Dr said my uterus not receptive so even my good quality can't implant. She suggested embryo gen and blastgen (something like gel glue for the embryo to implant) to be added in my 2nd cycle. I guess is working? U can try asking ur Dr?

Last edited:
Sometimes it could be an issue with embryo quality, uterus condition, body and health issues or maybe just luck. There could also be a combination of factors so I am not sure if you or your doctor have any idea what to start checking with?
I also failed 2 transfers with good lining previously, only to succeed on my third with twins. My first round was bad embryo quality, second I believe was non-readiness of uterus condition because I bled quite some amount after ER and did a fresh transfer that same cycle despite using good embryos. So both transfers had different reasons for that failed cycle.
Maybe for a start, check with your doctor and embryologist what issues do they suspect?

I have failed 1 fresh cycle (3 transfers). Currently on my 2nd cycle, 10dp5dt. Just tested postive on my home pregnancy test kit (day 6 blasts grade BB) Waiting for blood test to confirm tomorrow. For my 3 failed blastocysts transfers, Dr said my uterus not receptive so even my good quality can't implant. She suggested embryo gen and blastgen (something like gel glue for the embryo to implant) to be added in my 2nd cycle. I guess is working? U can try asking ur Dr?
May I know which doctor you are with?

Hi ladies, is it possible to ovulate but not detect smiley face on clearblue OPK? I have this issue about twice so far this year... other months can detect the smiley face... does it mean 2 months didn’t ovulate? Thank you
congrats !!! Do u have any symptoms ?

Which clinic are u with? I’m with KK doubt they have such service.

Hi, I just did a frozen transfer on Saturday, but now having flu n cough, any flu medicine to eat? I am allergic to Panadol. Can I eat the yellow sleepy flu medicine, chloramine, during this 2ww?

Hi, I just did a frozen transfer on Saturday, but now having flu n cough, any flu medicine to eat? I am allergic to Panadol. Can I eat the yellow sleepy flu medicine, chloramine, during this 2ww?
better check with GP, telling them that you just did the transfer.

Pls take plenty of rest.

Hey girls,
So Aunt Flo visited me after 67days after my last unsuccessful IVF.
This is the longest I have missed my period.
I had spotting around the 30th day. Took a test around 35th day but not pregnant.
I have been taking my basal temperature since my last cycle and prior to this flow; for two weeks my basal temperature had been on a high side (35.5•c - 36.8•c) which I thought, “Hey, maybe I’m getting pregnant naturally?”.
I had symptoms like sore boobs, bloated and fatigue but this morning my temperature dropped to 36.2•c and my flow started.

- Should I still take a pregnancy test? I don’t have the test at home currently. Any advice?

- That two weeks of high, does it mean that my egg have been fertilised but failed to implant? Anyone knows?

Feeling a tiny little bit shitty with the cramps and waste of time. Haha.

Hi ladies, I’m going to have my 2nd FET next month. My 1st was a natural FET, but it was a failed cycle. For my 2nd FET, I opted for medicated FET, cos natural FET is too tiring and stress for me. Would like to know what will the procedure be for medicated FET? I’m with kkivf by the way.

Hi Ladies,

I’m currently in my 2ww since last Friday (11 Dec) from a FET cycle. It was my only FE left after my 2nd fresh cycle in April’20. It’s a C grade blastocyst but I believe the genes are more important cos though I managed to get pregnant during the fresh cycle with a B grade blastocyst, it ended up in a MC at 7 weeks. Seemed like it is getting more difficult than the first fresh cycle when I managed to conceive on the first round and gave birth to a healthy baby boy.

So now it’s about 7dp the FET but no obvious symptoms at all. No spotting or cramps.. I wonder if anyone had such experience before, whether is it normal. Cos the last fresh cycle, I had spotting since day 6 till even after BT.. This time round it just feel totally normal, no discomfort at all.

Sometimes I think I am so paranoid.. like the last round when I had spotting, I worried, now when there is nothing I also worried.. lol..

My BT is on 24 Dec next week at Kkh.

Feeling defeated. Did my 5th fresh and today is blood test day. Hcg is negative.
After so many rounds, I am no longer as optimistic as I just started out to be. This retrieval was my worse with only 5 eggs, 3 mature and 1 fertilized.

A lot of people I have seen on the forum has since graduated and I am still right where I started. No longer have the courage to try but maybe when I feel ready again I will go for my last frozen egg.

I probably will plan for a life with no kids but it’s still a bitter pill to swallow after all the tcm, acupuncture and supplements.

Feeling defeated. Did my 5th fresh and today is blood test day. Hcg is negative.
After so many rounds, I am no longer as optimistic as I just started out to be. This retrieval was my worse with only 5 eggs, 3 mature and 1 fertilized.

A lot of people I have seen on the forum has since graduated and I am still right where I started. No longer have the courage to try but maybe when I feel ready again I will go for my last frozen egg.

I probably will plan for a life with no kids but it’s still a bitter pill to swallow after all the tcm, acupuncture and supplements.
Hi, just coming in to root support. Dont be sad, there are people in forum who have not graduated but we just keep quiet. I understand your feeling.

But i think if you have been blood test positive before and as long as there is ok sperm and egg n ok womb n medical condition for conception n age ok, there is still chance.

Perhaps wat is needed is to let your body have a little break and mind to unwind first, before trying again. Dont give up on natural trying also if both u n hubby doc, anything can happen before u knew it. According to wat i read.

Or perhaps is you havent met a doctor that can help you yet.

Jiayou!

You are very brave to have tried for so many cycles already. Just continue trying! Be it naturally or assisted.
Just take step by step and be happy with your partner, with or without kids.

You don’t have to compare yourself with others. Everyone has an ordeal to go through in life.

You won’t know how the future will turn out to be, so just be positive and be happy.

Last edited:
Hi ladies, I’m going to have my 2nd FET next month. My 1st was a natural FET, but it was a failed cycle. For my 2nd FET, I opted for medicated FET, cos natural FET is too tiring and stress for me. Would like to know what will the procedure be for medicated FET? I’m with kkivf by the way.

i am keen to know too.. same here..starting medicated FET soon..waiting for AF.

medication of mediated FET starts on D2 or D3 ?

Hi, I am 37 and couple of months ago found out that I have high FSH (0.45) and low AMH (0.88), also having irregular periods for one year - the first doctor I consulted told me i dont stand a chance for IVF at all and should consider other options. Thereafter, I have consulted two other doctors who said there may still be a possibility. Got my second blood test done recently and now FSH is 0.26 but AMH is still not showing any improvement. This has come as a shock to both of us as this would have been our first time trying for a baby. I really want to feel positive but it's very hard. Dont know what to do and if I have any chance at all? Please advise.

Hi, I am 37 and couple of months ago found out that I have high FSH (0.45) and low AMH (0.88), also having irregular periods for one year - the first doctor I consulted told me i dont stand a chance for IVF at all and should consider other options. Thereafter, I have consulted two other doctors who said there may still be a possibility. Got my second blood test done recently and now FSH is 0.26 but AMH is still not showing any improvement. This has come as a shock to both of us as this would have been our first time trying for a baby. I really want to feel positive but it's very hard. Dont know what to do and if I have any chance at all? Please advise.

Hi

Not sure if the doctors recommended this to you. I know of someone who has low amh and is doing ivf now. the doctor told her to do a few rounds of egg retrieval, meaning collect eggs for a few round and freeze it. meaning dont transfer fresh. do a few rounds to collect eggs and then store it. this is also a good way cos since the amh is already low, good to faster retrieve it and freeze it first. As we age, our reserve will diminish further.
Dont give up! you just need one golden egg! ;)

Hi Ladies,

I’m currently in my 2ww since last Friday (11 Dec) from a FET cycle. It was my only FE left after my 2nd fresh cycle in April’20. It’s a C grade blastocyst but I believe the genes are more important cos though I managed to get pregnant during the fresh cycle with a B grade blastocyst, it ended up in a MC at 7 weeks. Seemed like it is getting more difficult than the first fresh cycle when I managed to conceive on the first round and gave birth to a healthy baby boy.

So now it’s about 7dp the FET but no obvious symptoms at all. No spotting or cramps.. I wonder if anyone had such experience before, whether is it normal. Cos the last fresh cycle, I had spotting since day 6 till even after BT.. This time round it just feel totally normal, no discomfort at all.

Sometimes I think I am so paranoid.. like the last round when I had spotting, I worried, now when there is nothing I also worried.. lol..

My BT is on 24 Dec next week at Kkh.
If you want to have a glimpse at the answer, you can try HPT. Not 100% accurate, but more or less there. Good luck

What I suggest is, up your protein, cut down on your sugar and carbs.

Study your past cycles - if the failed cycles are mainly fresh and of day 2/3, you can suggest to your doc that you want to do frozen with a blasto (if possible). Studies have shown that blastos have a higher chance of implantation and survival. https://academic.oup.com/humrep/article/20/11/3198/2913825

Stay positive and keep trying. If you try, you have a chance, if you don't try, you don't have a chance. We have been there, done that. Just keep trying and do some changes every now and then, you will get the right formula.

Good luck

Hi, just coming in to root support. Dont be sad, there are people in forum who have not graduated but we just keep quiet. I understand your feeling.

But i think if you have been blood test positive before and as long as there is ok sperm and egg n ok womb n medical condition for conception n age ok, there is still chance.

Perhaps wat is needed is to let your body have a little break and mind to unwind first, before trying again. Dont give up on natural trying also if both u n hubby doc, anything can happen before u knew it. According to wat i read.

Or perhaps is you havent met a doctor that can help you yet.

Jiayou!

Going 40 next year. Trying for very long le.
Anyway thanks for comforting words.

Hope you also grad soon too.

Hey girls,
So Aunt Flo visited me after 67days after my last unsuccessful IVF.
This is the longest I have missed my period.
I had spotting around the 30th day. Took a test around 35th day but not pregnant.
I have been taking my basal temperature since my last cycle and prior to this flow; for two weeks my basal temperature had been on a high side (35.5•c - 36.8•c) which I thought, “Hey, maybe I’m getting pregnant naturally?”.
I had symptoms like sore boobs, bloated and fatigue but this morning my temperature dropped to 36.2•c and my flow started.

- Should I still take a pregnancy test? I don’t have the test at home currently. Any advice?

- That two weeks of high, does it mean that my egg have been fertilised but failed to implant? Anyone knows?

Feeling a tiny little bit shitty with the cramps and waste of time. Haha.
I would think the system is out of whack from the medications.

What I suggest is, up your protein, cut down on your sugar and carbs.

Study your past cycles - if the failed cycles are mainly fresh and of day 2/3, you can suggest to your doc that you want to do frozen with a blasto (if possible). Studies have shown that blastos have a higher chance of implantation and survival. https://academic.oup.com/humrep/article/20/11/3198/2913825

Stay positive and keep trying. If you try, you have a chance, if you don't try, you don't have a chance. We have been there, done that. Just keep trying and do some changes every now and then, you will get the right formula.

Good luck
Hi! Are u back to try for no.4?

Totally understand how you feel after my repeated failures previously.

Each festive season will feel even worse when see kids of friends and family members running around.

No words from anyone can comfort us.. Only ourselves can decide how we want to continue from here.

Whatever your decision is, u need to tell yourself you have tried your best!

Hi.
Just want to show some support for you. Like you, I once feel defeated, devastated n disappointed. My hubby n I also make plan n prepare if we don't have kids in our life after going through so much. But both of us love kids, so nothing is going to stop us, we decided why not give our loves to those children that need help. So we are officially Foster parents, although we still received comments like they r not our biological children, they will returned to their natural parents blah blah. But they will never know that the loves, trust you receive from the Foster child is so heart-warming, never in my life I can feel such love and you can be so important in someone heart.. I'm not asking anyone to be a Foster parents, I just want to said we still can make other plan in our life and still pursuing our hope to see our rainbow. Don't give up

If you want to have a glimpse at the answer, you can try HPT. Not 100% accurate, but more or less there. Good luck
I think I will wait till BT date to find out. I started spotting yesterday, light to dark brownish kind. Little bit of cramp that’s all. Hoping that it won’t turn into AF.. 3 more days till BT.. so near yet so far.

Hi.
Just want to show some support for you. Like you, I once feel defeated, devastated n disappointed. My hubby n I also make plan n prepare if we don't have kids in our life after going through so much. But both of us love kids, so nothing is going to stop us, we decided why not give our loves to those children that need help. So we are officially Foster parents, although we still received comments like they r not our biological children, they will returned to their natural parents blah blah. But they will never know that the loves, trust you receive from the Foster child is so heart-warming, never in my life I can feel such love and you can be so important in someone heart.. I'm not asking anyone to be a Foster parents, I just want to said we still can make other plan in our life and still pursuing our hope to see our rainbow. Don't give up
Salute! Is the process to apply being foster parents long and tedious? Is there by any chance of adopting a foster kid whom you really really want to have?

Salute! Is the process to apply being foster parents long and tedious? Is there by any chance of adopting a foster kid whom you really really want to have?

Hi!
The whole process took about less than a year. Have to go through interviews, medical checkup, all the paperwork process, n attend courses. I'm not sure about the adopting of Foster kid cos I'm still new to this new status. There might be chances to adopt the Foster kid, but must depend on the situation on their natural parents too. I have met one Foster kid, he was fostered since he was 2 year old, now he already 14 n still under Foster care as their natural parents not willing to give up adoption, but still natural parents not able to take care of the own. But it all depends on the situation.

Back