IVF/ICSI Support Group

My first FET w 2 embryos was in Mar 2020. I got positive results during my BT but it was a borderline pregnancy, hgc didn't increase after a week so it was a failure. Both embryos are day 6, grade C. Dr said not high chance. My previous two transfers were negative results. At least there is a improvement for this transfer.

Am going for another round of FET frm my 2nd ivf cycle in Nov. Dr advised to transfer 2 embryos (both day 6 blastocysts, grade B) as I had unexplained failure previously. Am abit worry because I am underweight so not sure if I can carry twins for 9 mths.

What abt u?
I'm gg for my first frozen cycle this month and doctor's advise is to proceed with 1 first as its our first and we are still young but I'm already turning 37, doesn't feel young at all

Feeling abit anxious and feel like wanna try for 2 embryos at once so there's a higher chance, but it will be against doctor's advise and we are also thinking maybe we should try 1 child via ivf and another we should at least still try naturally.

Quite dilemma now.

To be honest caring twins is not easy. Double everything including load you carry. So be mentally prepared. Had a friend who had twins and very petite who delivered very much earlier.
Mentally and financially must be ready to welcome twins. Sigh. Higher chance of premature babies too. We hope to have 2 babies and is not easy for me to get pregnant, went thru 2 ivf cycles and 2 IUIs.

What makes u decide to put in 2 embryos besides Dr's advice?

I failed 2 iuis previously and had been trying for years so doctor suggested 2 embryos to increase chances. Still failed 2 ivf transfers before getting twins in my last transfer.
Congratulations on ur twins!

So u did 2 iuis and 2 ivfs before u succeeded on ur 3rd ivf?

Do u have twin genes in ur family? Just wondering for ladies who transfer 1 embryo and got twins, is it due to genetic or it happens for ivf.

Don't mind if I ask how old are u?

I'm gg for my first frozen cycle this month and doctor's advise is to proceed with 1 first as its our first and we are still young but I'm already turning 37, doesn't feel young at all

Feeling abit anxious and feel like wanna try for 2 embryos at once so there's a higher chance, but it will be against doctor's advise and we are also thinking maybe we should try 1 child via ivf and another we should at least still try naturally.

Quite dilemma now.
My dr always recommend to transfer one only as the potential risks and complications of multiple pregnancies cannot be underestimated.

Of cos, us being us, eager for success after waiting for so long, will always ask about transferring 2. But my dr always say he only recommend to transfer one.

Mentally and financially must be ready to welcome twins. Sigh. Higher chance of premature babies too. We hope to have 2 babies and is not easy for me to get pregnant, went thru 2 ivf cycles and 2 IUIs.

Hi, can I ask how many embryos did u get from ur ivf cycles? Do u have any known conditions or unexplained and if u don't mind sharing ur age?

Have you gotten your BFP? Could you share ur journey to success if so?

My dr always recommend to transfer one only as the potential risks and complications of multiple pregnancies cannot be underestimated.

Of cos, us being us, eager for success after waiting for so long, will always ask about transferring 2. But my dr always say he only recommend to transfer one.
Yea same..

So in a dilemma now. Also worried waste both embryos if fail both.

Have you gotten your BFP? Could you share ur journey to success if so?
Oh no no. Paiseh paiseh.. I have yet to get BFP, am just saying I have been TTC for 4 years and not easy to get pregnant so I think higher chances if I put in 2 embryos, that's what the doc said too.

I have 3 day 6 blastocysts, grade B frm my 2nd cycle. Dr advised to put in 2 blastocysts. My FET is next mth so I am still considering.

Is it Private or govt Dr? I

Hi, can I ask how many embryos did u get from ur ivf cycles? Do u have any known conditions or unexplained and if u don't mind sharing ur age?

No issue w me. Only my husband low sperm count and sperm mobility. I am 35 this year.

I have 3 6 days blastocysts, grade B and hatching. What abt you?

I just went with doctor’s suggestion esp since I have failed 2 transfers previously. I didn’t really think that both will implant. In my mind, I was thinking if one implants I would be more than glad.

Congratulations on ur twins!

So u did 2 iuis and 2 ivfs before u succeeded on ur 3rd ivf?

Do u have twin genes in ur family? Just wondering for ladies who transfer 1 embryo and got twins, is it due to genetic or it happens for ivf.

Don't mind if I ask how old are u?
Succeeded in my third transfer from second stimm cycle. Nope, no twin genes in the family. Maybe distant, yes on husband’s side but I doubt it affects. 34 when I did my transfer.

No issue w me. Only my husband low sperm count and sperm mobility. I am 35 this year.

I have 3 6 days blastocysts, grade B and hatching. What abt you?
Both of us okay also generally just that I had high tsh but normalised already and just removed a small polyp.

36 turning 37.

I have 4 blasts, I think 2 day 5 and 2 day 6. 1 grade B and 1C. Not sure about the hatching part.

Was told by my Dr the grade difference is negligible, but day 5 or 6 does make a difference.

Succeeded in my third transfer from second stimm cycle. Nope, no twin genes in the family. Maybe distant, yes on husband’s side but I doubt it affects. 34 when I did my transfer.
Thanks for sharing!

I have read some ladies with only 1 embryo transfer but split to twins, not sure if that happens all the time or only if its in our genes.

Hi Ladies, would like to ask if u all did one or two embryos transfers and why? And if its 2 embryos is it considered 1 cycle?

Generally, private will recommend 1 embryo, but public hospitals are more open with 2 embryos. There’s chance of multiple births, in case 2 embryos further split into 4, in which private hospitals don’t have the facility to handle possible risks and complications.

It’s considered 1 cycle.

Are you still in 2ww?

Generally, private will recommend 1 embryo, but public hospitals are more open with 2 embryos. There’s chance of multiple births, in case 2 embryos further split into 4, in which private hospitals don’t have the facility to handle possible risks and complications.

It’s considered 1 cycle.

Are you still in 2ww?
No leh, my period came already and going to start my FET this month, going for my first scan next Monday.

Its going to be a natural FET, hope it will be smooth and I won't miss the window or something.

I'm with KKH but my doctor also advised 1 embryo first given its our first and according to him we are still young but I don't think so

Feel like time is running out.

How's ur first cycle coming along?

It’s considered 1 cycle.

Are you still in 2ww?
I am under SGH and my friend also recommended to transfer 2 too. I guess depends on the hospital?

No leh, my period came already and going to start my FET this month, going for my first scan next Monday.

Its going to be a natural FET, hope it will be smooth and I won't miss the window or something.

I'm with KKH but my doctor also advised 1 embryo first given its our first and according to him we are still young but I don't think so

Feel like time is running out.

How's ur first cycle coming along?

I just did my follow up today and I’m on track for FET next week. In on medicated, and responding to medication, also getting the side effects with water retention, bloatedness and lethargic.

You can discuss with your doctor again should you wish to insist on transferring 2 embryos. Make conscious and logical decision, don’t be affected by the fear of advancing age or lack of time. And never look back once decided, regardless of the future outcome.

I am under SGH and my friend also recommended to transfer 2 too. I guess depends on the hospital?

Ya very subjective. After all, it’s no one size fits all. During our pre IVF counseling, we’re advised to consider 1 embryo transfer to avoid possible risks and complications. We’re also reminded the possible social issue ie. emotional and financial, resulted from multiple births. Of course, there’s joy too. End day, we make our own decision but it’s the consultant’s responsibility to remind us the pros and cons.

Last edited:
I just did my follow up today and I’m on track for FET next week. In on medicated, and responding to medication, also getting the side effects with water retention, bloatedness and lethargic.

You can discuss with your doctor again should you wish to insist on transferring 2 embryos. Make conscious and logical decision, don’t be affected by the fear of advancing age or lack of time. And never look back once decided, regardless of the future outcome.
What kind of medication do u have to take for medicated cycle? Like what kind of response perse when u say responding well to meds?

Yea loh.. so will think about it carefully.

Just thinking if 4 days late is considered irregular cycle and need to go on medicated or irregular refers to some months no period?

Good luck for ur first cycle!

Agree. Plus the desire of having twin, a girl and a boy, that everything seems so perfect . Is this your first IVF cycle?

What kind of medication do u have to take for medicated cycle? Like what kind of response perse when u say responding well to meds?

Yea loh.. so will think about it carefully.

Just thinking if 4 days late is considered irregular cycle and need to go on medicated or irregular refers to some months no period?

Good luck for ur first cycle!

Thank you. I’m on progynova and oestrogel, to assist in building lining. The thickness of lining is the indicative factor. Just like during stimulation, the quantity and size of eggs are the indicators.

Will doctor supplement you with medications? Perhaps you can ask doctors if you’re considered irregular due to 4 days delay. But I think that shouldn’t be an issue as your last cycle was due to polyp removal.

Thank you. I’m on progynova and oestrogel, to assist in building lining. The thickness of lining is the indicative factor. Just like during stimulation, the quantity and size of eggs are the indicators.

Will doctor supplement you with medications? Perhaps you can ask doctors if you’re considered irregular due to 4 days delay. But I think that shouldn’t be an issue as your last cycle was due to polyp removal.
I asked the nurse she say no need medication. I did asked the doctor when we met him for consult post my polyp removal he said 3 to 5 days not considered irregular so hopefully I won't miss the cycle!

I asked the nurse she say no need medication. I did asked the doctor when we met him for consult post my polyp removal he said 3 to 5 days not considered irregular so hopefully I won't miss the cycle!

I don’t think you’ll miss it. Doctor should be able to monitor your progress, estimate your ovulation day and perform transfer 5 days from O day if you’re transferring D5 blast.

Do focus in eating well to build your lining naturally since you’re not on medicine.

Hi, I’m currently on my FET and having a follow up scan on CD13. But I’m feeling so unwell now that I think I can’t make it for the scan. Anyone had similar encounter and what if I missed the scan later, will the cycle be canceled?

I don’t think you’ll miss it. Doctor should be able to monitor your progress, estimate your ovulation day and perform transfer 5 days from O day if you’re transferring D5 blast.

Do focus in eating well to build your lining naturally since you’re not on medicine.
Thanks for the assurance! So the transfer is supposed to be 5 days after I tested ovulation?

Hi, I’m currently on my FET and having a follow up scan on CD13. But I’m feeling so unwell now that I think I can’t make it for the scan. Anyone had similar encounter and what if I missed the scan later, will the cycle be canceled?
Hi dear! Are your symptoms URTI related? (Eg cough, flu, fever, sore throat, breathless) if so, they might cancel it first. They would advice you to be fit before transferring the lil ones into you as falling sick might cause infections. U are allow to take Panadol or some Vit C to boost ur immune.

Yes. Hence Day 5 blast transfer usually happens on CD21 +/-. I have been taking folic acid and I started pre pregnancy milk last week. You can google for the benefits and decide.
Okay thanks! I think I have 2 day 5 and 2 day 6 but likely doctor will go with day 5 first I supposed.

I'm on folic for about 2 years already, thanks for Google the pre pregnancy milk.

Hi Ladies, would like to ask if u all did one or two embryos transfers and why? And if its 2 embryos is it considered 1 cycle?
Hi dear, from what I learn and heard from the IVF counseling, if its a Blastocyst or Day 5, they will transfer 1 only. If it's a Day 2 or Day 3 embryos, they will put in 2 embryos depending on the quality. The embryologist and doctor will advice. The facilities main point is to have a " Healthy & Safe Pregnancy" and to avoid as much complications as possible and making your pregnancy a joyful experience.. this is from KKH. They want to ensure that you understand the risks involves especially for us with unexplained fertility issues..

I have PCOS and recently diagnose DM. So transferring 1 Blastocyst is greatly advice. I will need to monitor my sugar and ensure its not affecting the lil one. I do see alot of other couples wanting to have twins but when we are struggling to support a pregnancy, having more than 1 embryos could be highly at risk for complications. As long as your AMH and premenopausal screening is looking great for the next few years, you have time! Also, i heard 1 Blastocyst or 1 Embryos can split into 2 cells in the womb sometime.. Hope this helps!

Hi dear, from what I learn and heard from the IVF counseling, if its a Blastocyst or Day 5, they will transfer 1 only. If it's a Day 2 or Day 3 embryos, they will put in 2 embryos depending on the quality. The embryologist and doctor will advice. The facilities main point is to have a " Healthy & Safe Pregnancy" and to avoid as much complications as possible and making your pregnancy a joyful experience.. this is from KKH. They want to ensure that you understand the risks involves especially for us with unexplained fertility issues..

I have PCOS and recently diagnose DM. So transferring 1 Blastocyst is greatly advice. I will need to monitor my sugar and ensure its not affecting the lil one. I do see alot of other couples wanting to have twins but when we are struggling to support a pregnancy, having more than 1 embryos could be highly at risk for complications. As long as your AMH and premenopausal screening is looking great for the next few years, you have time! Also, i heard 1 Blastocyst or 1 Embryos can split into 2 cells in the womb sometime.. Hope this helps!

Hey Azasha, congratulations on your BFP :) Can I check which doc you are seeing from KKH? I saw that you are taking pregnancy milk too. Does it helps? :) In my last cycle, I transferred 2 blastocyst but unfortunately miscarriage towards end of trimester 1. This time they also transferred 1 early blastocyst and one day-4 embryo last Sat. Not sure if there is any difference.. hopefully it does not lessen the chance of implantation for me..

Hi, congrats again. What did you do during 2WW? If you can still recall. I read that we should still be active as long as no heavy lifting/exercise.

I’m on medicated and my FET is scheduled for CD23. I started medication on CD5.

It varies from individuals, +/- day(s) because doctor has to assess our lining thickness.

Have you got your FET scheduled?

had yet to scheduled. Was told by doctor likely be late next week on my last visit. Will be gg back for my 2nd scan this Friday to check on lining thickness. ( finger crossed)

I started my meds on cd3. What is the ideal thickness? Did your doc let you know?

Hi, congrats again. What did you do during 2WW? If you can still recall. I read that we should still be active as long as no heavy lifting/exercise.
Thank u dearie.. during my TWW I'm still continuing my usual routine except heavy lifting although I'm still on HL.

I still do cooking, laundry, go buy groceries, walk around..

Still on going:
- Crinone Gel x 2 times daily
- Folic Acid Tab x 1 morning
- Pregnancy Formula Milk x 2 times daily

Symptoms After Positive HPT:
- Mild Cramps
- Whitish Discharge
- Sore Boobs
- Fatigue/Sleepy
- Diarrhoea (5dp5dt - 10dp5dt)
- Constipation (10dp5dt - now)
- Emotional (Easily can cry seeing sad videos) lol!
- Craving (Tulang Merah from Indian Muslim Stall) LOL!!!

Tomorrow is my 1st Beta Blood Test at 7.30am (14dp5dt) and my last day of HL.. Will return to work on 22nd.

Saw your post on starting pregnancy milk! Thats good!! Preparing the body! All the best ya!!

had yet to scheduled. Was told by doctor likely be late next week on my last visit. Will be gg back for my 2nd scan this Friday to check on lining thickness. ( finger crossed)

I started my meds on cd3. What is the ideal thickness? Did your doc let you know?
Ideal lining is 9mm - 12mm for transfer.. and has to be Tri-laminar or 3 layers dear.. keep eating on Roasted Almond 3 nuts daily to help.. mine during transfer was 10.6mm or 11.3mm.. couldn't recall.. the thicker the better to allow the lil one to drill in and implant.

Last edited:

7-8mm minimum on 2nd scan if I recall correctly. So ideal should be higher. Be prepared for more medicines given to you on your 2nd scan.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing! What is DM?

Yea I heard about the one embryo splitting into 2 cells too, but not sure if its mostly for ladies with twins genes in their family.

And congrats!

Hey Azasha, congratulations on your BFP :) Can I check which doc you are seeing from KKH? I saw that you are taking pregnancy milk too. Does it helps? :) In my last cycle, I transferred 2 blastocyst but unfortunately miscarriage towards end of trimester 1. This time they also transferred 1 early blastocyst and one day-4 embryo last Sat. Not sure if there is any difference.. hopefully it does not lessen the chance of implantation for me..
Hi dear!! Thank you!! I am seeing Dr Liu Shuling.. She has been my Dr since 2017 for Clomid & IUI and now IVF.. I knew my 1st cycle, i didnt really prep my body well with nutrients for the lil one.. so when 2nd cycle, i started adding Pregnancy Milk during my stim day till today and no cold drinks (especially during your stim & transfer period). Although the lil one will not start taking its benefit as of now, but its prepping my body and womb lining with it.

My 1st cycle was an early Blastocyst too but didnt implant.. And the difference i feel with the pregnancy milk is the embryos we have.

Fall in love straight away with my Blastocyst this cycle.

Screenshot_20201020-112411.jpg

A rough photo of the embryos timeline

Also, this cycle I don't bloat or have any issue post ER.. pregnancy milk & no cold water really helps!

Thats wonderful!!! Take it easy and don't stress out.. continue taking in roasted almonds and warm water or red date.. wear socks alright? *Hugs*

Last edited:
Thank u dearie.. during my TWW I'm still continuing my usual routine except heavy lifting although I'm still on HL.

I still do cooking, laundry, go buy groceries, walk around..

Still on going:
- Crinone Gel x 2 times daily
- Folic Acid Tab x 1 morning
- Pregnancy Formula Milk x 2 times daily

Symptoms After Positive HPT:
- Mild Cramps
- Whitish Discharge
- Sore Boobs
- Fatigue/Sleepy
- Diarrhoea (5dp5dt - 10dp5dt)
- Constipation (10dp5dt - now)
- Emotional (Easily can cry seeing sad videos) lol!
- Craving (Tulang Merah from Indian Muslim Stall) LOL!!!

Tomorrow is my 1st Beta Blood Test at 7.30am (14dp5dt) and my last day of HL.. Will return to work on 22nd.

Saw your post on starting pregnancy milk! Thats good!! Preparing the body! All the best ya!!

Wow, thanks for sharing. You’ve got all the good signs of a developing fetus. Are you still taking the same pre pregnancy milk after BFP?

Thanks for sharing! What is DM?

Yea I heard about the one embryo splitting into 2 cells too, but not sure if its mostly for ladies with twins genes in their family.

And congrats!
DM is diabetes type 2 dear.. :) Usually those having PCOS are prone to getting DM due to Insulin Resistance.

Sometime its just the egg quality that can cause the split to occur.. but rarely.. hehehe

Wow, thanks for sharing. You’ve got all the good signs of a developing fetus. Are you still taking the same pre pregnancy milk after BFP?
Yes dear.. i love the taste.. lol!! Maybe will change to diabetes (DM) friendly ones after my 1st appt with the Dr in 2 weeks.. also they will change my DM drugs too.. And i think i need Aspirin tab during my pregnancy.. will update u ladies on the drugs yaa.. :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201013-095409.jpg
    Screenshot_20201013-095409.jpg
    339.7 KB · Views: 78

Yes dear.. i love the taste.. lol!! Maybe will change to diabetes (DM) friendly ones after my 1st appt with the Dr in 2 weeks.. also they will change my DM drugs too.. And i think i need Aspirin tab during my pregnancy.. will update u ladies on the drugs yaa.. :)
Oh dear. I’m not a fan of milk. Are there substitutes?

Back