IVF/ICSI Support Group

She is 6 now and still hoping to have a sibling or two. She has gone though the failed cycles with us.. so she understands and is easier to coax when I need to lie down a few mins .. haha. She kisses the “baby” in my tummy and she understands sometimes baby isn’t there after the blood test :cool:
Almost teared up when I read this! My girl is 5 too and she also yearns for a sibling. I feel so bad that she’s “alone”. She has grown to learn from impatience to tantrum to getting more understanding now.. just wished I could give her a sibling soon.

Almost teared up when I read this! My girl is 5 too and she also yearns for a sibling. I feel so bad that she’s “alone”. She has grown to learn from impatience to tantrum to getting more understanding now.. just wished I could give her a sibling soon.

Me too, almost teared up. My boy is 7yo and we’re still trying for 2nd.

Hi all.. i just did embryo transfer.. retrieved 6 eggs on Thursday 27/8.. today the embryologist told me that all 6 made it to embryo stage..

So now i have 2 "super nice and super good" day 5 blastocyst, 2 good blastocyst and another 2 more in blastocyst stage but they are monitoring all 4 for freezing.

Did only 1 "super nice" blastocyst transfer while the other one will be frozen straight away.

So now i am in my 2ww.. all the best to the others and to myself!!

Hi all.. i just did embryo transfer.. retrieved 6 eggs on Thursday 27/8.. today the embryologist told me that all 6 made it to embryo stage..

So now i have 2 "super nice and super good" day 5 blastocyst, 2 good blastocyst and another 2 more in blastocyst stage but they are monitoring all 4 for freezing.

Did only 1 "super nice" blastocyst transfer while the other one will be frozen straight away.

All the best to you!!!

Baby dust to you!

All the best!

I guess it's never easy. When trying for no.1, we will tell ourselves, we will be contented with just 1. After having 1, we will wish to give our kid a sibling, the guilt and all if we can't..

Hugs.. I hope you can carry the baby in your arms one day or come to a point of peace and acceptance. For me, it’s the latter. Thankful for the chatty cheery girl I have. Treasuring every moment. How you accept it will help your girl. I guess I am now ready to cuddle any baby to share that love with that baby in my arms :)

For embryo grading in NUH, does anyone know if “good” is the best or can a 4-cell at Day 2 (or 8-cell at Day 3) be further divided into “good” and “excellent”? Thank you!

For embryo grading in NUH, does anyone know if “good” is the best or can a 4-cell at Day 2 (or 8-cell at Day 3) be further divided into “good” and “excellent”? Thank you!

For NUH, the embryo gradings that I’ve received are ‘Very Good’, ‘Good’, ‘Satisfactory’ and ‘Slowed Down’. Not sure if that’s the full range though.

Hi all. Anyone encounter menses tat go haywire after FET? Had a failed cycle and menses came on 29jul. Then till now 36days menses oso nv come. Usually my menses will come ard 30days.

Hi all. Anyone encounter menses tat go haywire after FET? Had a failed cycle and menses came on 29jul. Then till now 36days menses oso nv come. Usually my menses will come ard 30days.
Yup mine was like that and its always the subsequent one after the one that came after failed cycle that is delayed for quite a bit..

Hi . Next week Monday I have a day surgery to remove polyps. The nurse told me must fasting by 12 am midnight and must reach there early by 8.30am Bec I must take the two tablet before the surgery . She said some people after taking this two tablet will feel pain like stomach cramp so advise to go there early incase very pain they can do injection . Seek your advise please really that pain after taking the two tablet . Feel worried and scared the procedure the process to remove the polyps .

Hi . Next week Monday I have a day surgery to remove polyps. The nurse told me must fasting by 12 am midnight and must reach there early by 8.30am Bec I must take the two tablet before the surgery . She said some people after taking this two tablet will feel pain like stomach cramp so advise to go there early incase very pain they can do injection . Seek your advise please really that pain after taking the two tablet . Feel worried and scared the procedure the process to remove the polyps .
Hi. I went through laparoscopy at KKH in 2018 for polyps removal and tubal cannulation. If I'm not mistaken, they are suppositories that are inserted vaginally. I felt cramps that felt mild menstrual cramps but nothing more than that. Did hysteroscopy for d&c in 2019 and experienced the same. All in all, the procedures went smoothly.

I also tk medication to dilate cervix first. The cramps are like menses cramp and is bearable. If you cannot stand the cramps then ask for injection like the nurse said to relieve so don worry too much. All will be fine.

I also tk medication to dilate cervix first. The cramps are like menses cramp and is bearable. If you cannot stand the cramps then ask for injection like the nurse said to relieve so don worry too much. All will be fine.
Hi sisters ! Thanks for all advise . So whole morning just sitting there waiting until noon for my surgery procedure . After procedure finished , I remember the doctor said few days when we urine will got some blood come it ? Is that so ? Is it pain when we urine? The doctor so fast wants to see me on Thursday’s appointment , I think should be telling me my blood test before surgery one week ago. Do your after the surgery the doctor will see you on this same week so fast ?

Hi sisters ! Thanks for all advise . So whole morning just sitting there waiting until noon for my surgery procedure . After procedure finished , I remember the doctor said few days when we urine will got some blood come it ? Is that so ? Is it pain when we urine? The doctor so fast wants to see me on Thursday’s appointment , I think should be telling me my blood test before surgery one week ago. Do your after the surgery the doctor will see you on this same week so fast ?

Yes is painful n have blood when urine but my case next day already no blood no pain. I did blood test a week before surgery then doctor appointment about 3 weeks later after surgery to let you know the biopsy of your polyp whether is cancerous or not that’s all.

Just went for my review after ET, from the 21 follicles retrieved, I have 10 good eggs, 6 already fertilised and 4 about to, another 4 still in the unsure stage, need to monitor for a few more days. Dr say in terms of egg quality, out for 21, 14 eggs are of good quality and sperm managed to fertilise 10, so far so good. He say will let all grow to blastocysts and let us know on day 5/6 how many made it. We will freeze all eggs cuz of my mild ohss and polyp. Will arrange to remove polyp first before we start the frozen cycle.
I feel every stage there are things to worry about. After retrieval, I was worried about the eggs quality. After knowing its all good, I worry about them maturing to blastocysts and how many and after that will be if they can survive the freeze.

Trying to keep it positive and not rush the process.

Anyone know if we will be under sedation for polyp removal? And if i can do some exercise now since I'm not doing any transfers yet?

Just went for my review after ET, from the 21 follicles retrieved, I have 10 good eggs, 6 already fertilised and 4 about to, another 4 still in the unsure stage, need to monitor for a few more days. Dr say in terms of egg quality, out for 21, 14 eggs are of good quality and sperm managed to fertilise 10, so far so good. He say will let all grow to blastocysts and let us know on day 5/6 how many made it. We will freeze all eggs cuz of my mild ohss and polyp. Will arrange to remove polyp first before we start the frozen cycle.
I feel every stage there are things to worry about. After retrieval, I was worried about the eggs quality. After knowing its all good, I worry about them maturing to blastocysts and how many and after that will be if they can survive the freeze.

Anyone know if we will be under sedation for polyp removal? And if i can do some exercise now since I'm not doing any transfers yet?
Likely sedated.. ya can do exercise unless u feeling very bloated from the OHSS. But should go away soon

Yes for polyp is under GA. Better don’t do exercise now first I think since your ovaries might be still be swollen after ER?

Any ladies taking 600mg Ubiquinol now to improve egg quality? Don’t wish to overdose. For those who tried does it really improve quality ?

Yes for polyp is under GA. Better don’t do exercise now first I think since your ovaries might be still be swollen after ER?
Dr Chua said the procedure will only take about 15 mins, even shorter than ER. Hope will go well.

Yea.. Still very bloated partly cuz I'm borderline ohss case too. Will wait till its less bloated before I start some light exercise. Thanks!

Any ladies taking 600mg Ubiquinol now to improve egg quality? Don’t wish to overdose. For those who tried does it really improve quality ?

Took 2x200mg/day previously but I also took some other supplements so not sure what worked! You can try though.

Hello, what does Day 4 embryo means?
As like many out there, we also get panic while waiting for the results after embryo transfer. How many actually try to do use a pregnancy home kit to check if you are pregnant?

Hello ladies. I’m arranged for a fresh embryo transfer this Tue. Did my ER on Thursday. So that’ll be a day 5 blastocyst.
Since this is my first cycle, I’m wondering if the uterus lining plays a part for embryo transfer? If yes then the last time it was checked was on day 9 of stimulation, if I hear correctly as they were shouting out during scans was 11.8. On day 8 it was 11.5. So by now it would be so much thicker right? Should I be concerned? because i dont think it has been checked since then.

I am also given crinone gel to use twice daily. Which I just started using today and started to have some (very little) dark brown sticky discharge. Is that normal?

Would appreciate your inputs :)

Back