IVF/ICSI Support Group

Are u trying for no.1 or no.2?

I did acupuncture b4 a FET got preg, but mc. Another round of FET also did acupuncture but did not succeed. So I think it really depends..
No.2 thank you for the reply
It may or may not help. I would think it depends on individual and maybe some luck? Heard of a lot who succeeded with tcm combined with acupuncture but also did heard loads of stories of failure despite doing acupuncture. My first FET despite meticulously doing acupuncture, still failed. Current tcm physician I am seeing doesn’t believe solely on acupuncture, which she believes will only work if complemented with good health foundation. So I guess even physicians themselves have differing opinion. There is really no one answer.
thank you very much :)

Hi I’m planning for FET and my menses started ytd but it is very light until today. I haven’t called the clinic hoping the full flow will come. You guys think I can still proceed with FET ?

Hi can I check after ET at kkh, need to have people around to fetch me? Cos my husband will not be able to go for the ET. So thinking can I go alone?

Hi I’m planning for FET and my menses started ytd but it is very light until today. I haven’t called the clinic hoping the full flow will come. You guys think I can still proceed with FET ?
How did your ET go. I had my ET just once and I had full flow on day 2 .

How many embryos you guys put in at a time ? My first FET failed with 1 embryo. We are thinking of putting 2 embryos although dr recommend to put 1

No, it was frozen transfer. I put in 1 only that time.
Oh ok.. did u do any endo scratch b4? After ur 1st baby u did FET and it didn't implant?

I'm planning for FET also. Likely going to transfer 1. Cannot risk having twins. But I'm not sure of the success rate is higher if put in 2. My doc feels the success rate is not much higher with 2 though.

How many frozen embryos do u have left?

How many embryos you guys put in at a time ? My first FET failed with 1 embryo. We are thinking of putting 2 embryos although dr recommend to put 1

Putting 2 in seems like a bigger chance of success but I did read of articles/accounts before that they also may reduce the chances of success. It really depends on embryo quality, uterus receptivity and luck.

Plus, do be mentally and physically prepared for twins or triplets if you put in two. Sounds like something fun but it also means everything is at least x2, the load you carry esp towards the end of the pregnancy, the money spent, the items to purchase, the morning sickness, risk of preterm labour. Of course, the joy is also x2 if all goes well :)

Oh ok.. did u do any endo scratch b4? After ur 1st baby u did FET and it didn't implant?

I'm planning for FET also. Likely going to transfer 1. Cannot risk having twins. But I'm not sure of the success rate is higher if put in 2. My doc feels the success rate is not much higher with 2 though.

How many frozen embryos do u have left?
No, I didn’t do any endo scratch or anything else as I’m still young and I don’t have infertility issue. We chose IVF due to Low sperm count. in fact success rate is higher if you put in 2. Anw my FET will be on 16 June if everything goes well.
I still left with 14 embryos

Putting 2 in seems like a bigger chance of success but I did read of articles/accounts before that they also may reduce the chances of success. It really depends on embryo quality, uterus receptivity and luck.

Plus, do be mentally and physically prepared for twins or triplets if you put in two. Sounds like something fun but it also means everything is at least x2, the load you carry esp towards the end of the pregnancy, the money spent, the items to purchase, the morning sickness, risk of preterm labour. Of course, the joy is also x2 if all goes well :)
Thank you very much ❤️

No, I didn’t do any endo scratch or anything else as I’m still young and I don’t have infertility issue. We chose IVF due to Low sperm count. in fact success rate is higher if you put in 2. Anw my FET will be on 16 June if everything goes well.
Oh wow. If young and can manage twins pregnancy then why not give it a try. All the best

Great the clinic give you the date of FET. May I know which Center is it ?

Does anyone know about the intralipid insfuison? I’m still not sure if I should go for it? Is it one time thing ? Is it painful?

Does anyone know about the intralipid insfuison? I’m still not sure if I should go for it? Is it one time thing ? Is it painful?
Haha it's me again. For some ladies it can be a few sessions before FET, some just once off. Not really painful for me, only when they insert the needle on the back of hand is pain.

Didn't work for me though

Haha it's me again. For some ladies it can be a few sessions before FET, some just once off. Not really painful for me, only when they insert the needle on the back of hand is pain.

Didn't work for me though
I see. May be I don’t want then. Just try without it first.

hi everyone,

i have a 1 year old girl, conceived through a FET in Aug 2018.

I am planning for a FET for baby number 2 as I have 2 frozen blastocysts left currently at NUH.

May I know if anyone can advise, if there will be any standard tests/ procedures to be run again before I can do the FET? Besides the HIV test.

Any advise greatly appreciated, thanks! =)

Hey, I’m starting my FET in NUH and they did not mention about any additional tests. I went for an appt in March and they did a scan to check for cysts/polyps/fibroids. If there’s nothing then we’re only required to take the HIV test.

Oh and also, they did mention if we want to go through IVF during this period, we have to take the COVID-19 swab test.

hi everyone,

i have a 1 year old girl, conceived through a FET in Aug 2018.

I am planning for a FET for baby number 2 as I have 2 frozen blastocysts left currently at NUH.

May I know if anyone can advise, if there will be any standard tests/ procedures to be run again before I can do the FET? Besides the HIV test.

Any advise greatly appreciated, thanks! =)
Nice. Can share your experience on your first FET? like sugesstions, precautions, etc

Hey, I’m starting my FET in NUH and they did not mention about any additional tests. I went for an appt in March and they did a scan to check for cysts/polyps/fibroids. If there’s nothing then we’re only required to take the HIV test.

Oh and also, they did mention if we want to go through IVF during this period, we have to take the COVID-19 swab test.
Oh the covid swab test is for fresh cycle or FET also need?

Oh man serious? Like IVF is not painful enough.. and there's additional cost to this covid test right.

I know, right? That was my first thought too! As if ivf isn’t painful enough...:confused:

I thought the swab test is free though for Singaporeans? My appt is in 2 weeks time so I’ll know then if it’s free or not haha.

I did not do FSH test as I had frozen blastocysts and I told her candidly that I got no hope of conceiving naturally.. so don't waste time about testing my FSH.

Yes I had real bad sinusitis which had been bugging me for years when I first saw her... so she was battling in trying to help me fix my 湿热 body and also helping me prep for my womb for FET. These 2 conditions are tricky..... they are like opposing issues. Herbs to fix 湿热 will cause my body to be 寒... and to condition my womb... sometimes i get too heaty with the herbs. So she did alot of adjustments to my herbs along the way. Grateful to have seen her as no other TCMs I saw previously even attempted to fix my sinusitis while preparing me for FET. Even till now, I still go back to visit her on common issues.
Wat tcm u went to and which doc u see ??

Hi ladies! Just thought of sharing this ‘glimmer of hope’ for those with low AMH...

My AMH was 1.9 ng/ml (normal but not good) in mid 2018 and it inevitably dropped to 1.0 ng/ml (low for a 30 year old) in mid 2019. They always say that AMH is irreversible and will only worsen as you get older. It’s as if those who are preliminarily diagnosed with diminishing / low ovarian reserve are ‘doomed’.

However, started taking Ubiquinol (reduced form of CoQ10) for 6 months and saw unexpected result (had to re-take the BT as even the doc didn’t believe & wanted to rule out any lab error):

Before: 7.14 pmol/l (1.0 ng/ml)
After: 16.7 pmol/l (2.33 ng/ml)

Guide:
0.8-4.4 pmol/l = Low ovarian reserve (LOR)
4.4-14.2 pmol/l = Normal ovarian reserve
14.3 & above pmol/l = Good ovarian reserve
Which ubiquinol did u take and hw much did u take?

Hello ladies, i am new to this forum. just went KK fertility clinic last monday, my dr was De Sadharan and I was informed that my egg reserve is really low . I am 32 but ovary is like 40 year old . My tears nearly flow down my eyes when i heard that. My husband sperm quality also not so good. Dr asked me go straight for IVF-ICSI but also need to depend if my egg quality is good . if it’s not good, then i can’t even get an embryo.

Any tips on any fertility supplement for egg quality ?

anyone had experience with Low beta upon first blood test after ivf? my beta was at 120 yesterday .. nurse said it’s rather low and got to retest again tmr :( can’t help feeling worried

Hi ! I am new to this forum. I have just do hyfosy check up in KKH. Doctor said I got polyps and my both fallopian seem blocked . She said I can just remove polyps or remove polyps and do keyholes surgery to check tubes ! Advised me to do IVF. Scared of keyholes surgery don’t know is it very painful . I was thinking to remove polyps then do IVF. But very scared whether the IVF process is it very painful and I am scared of needles injection . Can someone share with me how the IVF procedure ? One day how many injection and how Long is the needles ? Tks!

Back