IVF/ICSI Support Group

Yes you can. I did intralipid with Dr Loh at his O&G clinic (TFC clinic doesnt have intralipid) while i was undergoing cycles at nuh. Eventually transferred over to Dr Loh and succeeded after one retrieval.

Just call up O&G clinic and let the nurse know doing embryo transfer soon and for intralipid infusion, they will advise you when to come in, based on your planned ET date.

All the best!

Hi, did you let your doc at NUH know that you are going for Intralipid?

I am from NUH and I am considering intralipid. Do you have to go through any test before doing that?

Thanks in advance

Hi, did you let your doc at NUH know that you are going for Intralipid?

I am from NUH and I am considering intralipid. Do you have to go through any test before doing that?

Thanks in advance

Hi dear i didnt because Prof does not believe in it. No need for any tests prior to intralipid infusion.

Hi ladies, I see some familiar names here after so long like @milogal88 @towkayneo !
Hope all is well.
I have 5 embryos left after my two kids and not planning to have any more due to age,finances and ability to cope.
Pls tell me again how long you will store the embryos from the time you decide not to have any more kids.
I really don't know when is the cut off.

Anyone pls feel fee to share or comment.

Hi ladies, I see some familiar names here after so long like @milogal88 @towkayneo !
Hope all is well.
I have 5 embryos left after my two kids and not planning to have any more due to age,finances and ability to cope.
Pls tell me again how long you will store the embryos from the time you decide not to have any more kids.

I think you can only store the embryos for 10 years and that's it. So year after year, have to pay the annual storage fee until you decided that's it, enough is enough, then before the next payment, you can tell them to discard.

I think you can only store the embryos for 10 years and that's it. So year after year, have to pay the annual storage fee until you decided that's it, enough is enough, then before the next payment, you can tell them to discard.
Another method is to see if you would like to donate those embryos to other couples, so that they have a chance to be parents.

Well, 2 schools of thoughts, so really depends on your thoughts.

Hi,
I admire the positivity in this chat group here. Actually I failed my first FET in June this year. However, I am still quite heartbroken n despair over the loss of two very good embryos from my first FET. And even broke into tears when I just went back to tcm after 1 month plus of break (didn't really expect that I will break down like this). I probably felt that I had 2 very good embryos and lining OK too, but why still failed?
May I seek advice on how to pick myself up for next FET? Wanted to go for next FET in few months time, but my heart is still very heavy and painful.
Thanks.

Hi! I failed my fresh in June this year. Waiting to start FET during end Sep. I actually got over the first unsuccessful attempt quite quickly. After all, i read many cases where it takes 2 to 4 times before it is successful. I am praying hard that my 2nd time will work

Also, I am supposed to start on FET medication in a few days time but i am down with flu and fever. I took medication such as panadol. Is it ok to still proceed with the medication for FET?

Can anyone share their medicated FET protocol? And how long is the duration from day 1 medication to ET?
Mercilon on D1 (period)for 21 days.
When next period comes, take Progynova on D2 (period).
Scan on D15. If lining is fine then can proceed with transfer.
Start on Crinone 3 days before transfer.

Mercilon on D1 (period)for 21 days.
When next period comes, take Progynova on D2 (period).
Scan on D15. If lining is fine then can proceed with transfer.
Start on Crinone 3 days before transfer.

oh, so how many days from Mercilon D1 for 21 days, until transfer? it seems to me like nearly 2 months?

Actually I started trying again when my son was 1. Now he's 3 already. I did 1 fresh cycle with no transfer in 2017. Then I did FET in early 2018 and failed. In 2018 I did another fresh but didn't get any embryo.

I see, how many fresh cycles have u done already? Are u with KKh? I also need to do another fresh cycle if I were to try for no.2 cos no more frozen embbies

You mean the 10 years limit is for sg?
Mine is in Bangkok, so not sure if there is such limit.
Do you have any left over embryos and how long you intend to keep?
@towkayneo

Hope all is well.

Ahhh I remember you too! I still have 1 blast and a D3 embryo left. Just paid for another year of renewal after the KKH debt collector called me coz I kept procrastinating haha. I don't intend to have any more kids after my B/G twins but I'm still keeping it for the time being till i'm ready to discard it.

You mean the 10 years limit is for sg?
Mine is in Bangkok, so not sure if there is such limit.
Do you have any left over embryos and how long you intend to keep?
@towkayneo
I have 2 frozen embryos with KKH...not sure what's the next plan too.
I guess if yours is in BKK, you need to check with your doc over there.
You succeeded in BKK?

Ahhh I remember you too! I still have 1 blast and a D3 embryo left. Just paid for another year of renewal after the KKH debt collector called me coz I kept procrastinating haha. I don't intend to have any more kids after my B/G twins but I'm still keeping it for the time being till i'm ready to discard it.
Yah being ready to discard is not so easy. I feel quite affected if I discard but yet I know I can't hv any more kids.
How much is storage in KKH?

Yah being ready to discard is not so easy. I feel quite affected if I discard but yet I know I can't hv any more kids.
SGD$400+...@milogal88, can jog my memory?

Ya, it's never easy to discard especially you know they are all waiting to have a chance to be implanted :(

Talking about it makes me emotional :p

Yes @towkayneo is right, storage at KKH is S$400+....close to S$500 actaully. So it's not cheap TBH. But ya....the fact that the remaining blast is from the same batch where I conceive the twins makes me think twice about discarding it for now. So yeap....just gona renew for the time being till i'm mentally ready.

Yes @towkayneo is right, storage at KKH is S$400+....close to S$500 actaully. So it's not cheap TBH. But ya....the fact that the remaining blast is from the same batch where I conceive the twins makes me think twice about discarding it for now. So yeap....just gona renew for the time being till i'm mentally ready.
Don't discard them man, you look how cute your twins are and who knows, it could be another set of dragon phoenix twins :)

Usually after 12 weeks..? But I know some regular OBYN are not keen to take in IVF patients

Hi towkayneo thanks for replying my question. Guess i’d need to check with the gynae if he take in ivf patients. Before that any recommendation for gynae who take in ivf patients. Or do ivf patients usually will stick to ivf doctor? I really have no clue at all. Thank u

Hi ladies, I'll be returning red eggs to Toa Payoh ZSNN today after 1pm. My rainbow baby is finally here after 5 long years on this forum. Baby dusts to all of u here and for those who are still waiting for your miracle, have hope. I was in despair once wondering if this day will ever come, but so long as you have hope and determination, it will happen :)

Hi! I failed my fresh in June this year. Waiting to start FET during end Sep. I actually got over the first unsuccessful attempt quite quickly. After all, i read many cases where it takes 2 to 4 times before it is successful. I am praying hard that my 2nd time will work
Hi Geraldineteo23,
All d best for you! I m planning to try again in Oct. My mood felt much better now, first 2 mth after the failed FET was really miserable.
Let's stay strong!

Hi ladies, I'll be returning red eggs to Toa Payoh ZSNN today after 1pm. My rainbow baby is finally here after 5 long years on this forum. Baby dusts to all of u here and for those who are still waiting for your miracle, have hope. I was in despair once wondering if this day will ever come, but so long as you have hope and determination, it will happen :)

Congrats! U have twins?

Hi towkayneo thanks for replying my question. Guess i’d need to check with the gynae if he take in ivf patients. Before that any recommendation for gynae who take in ivf patients. Or do ivf patients usually will stick to ivf doctor? I really have no clue at all. Thank u
Ya, usually ivf patients stick to their ivf doctor. for my case, #TanHengHaoFTW

Congrats!

Back