IVF/ICSI Support Group

ER over.only 2 patients today. Think centre is closed. Have to go back wed to get update. Quite upset before transfer Dr tan said he's going to be in leave and can't do my transfer. Either freeze or let Dr sadana do he said. Anyone with Dr saDana? How's she?
Gal, all the best

What is the normal support medicines given pls. I recall it was progynova and either Crinone or suppositories. But now am only given Crinone. When I asked they said progyniva only for fet

What is the normal support medicines given pls. I recall it was progynova and either Crinone or suppositories. But now am only given Crinone. When I asked they said progyniva only for fet
For FET is usually progynova, duphaston and inserts wise is crinone or utrogestan. And proluton jabs

I had crinone, duphaston and pregnyl jab
I didn't get pregnyl jab. For last bfp did you take the pregnyl jab pls. Not sure what is criteria for pregnyl jab n I can't recall if I took last time. Maybe got proluton. Between the ovulation trigger jab wears out from our body after how long. I just tested n it's like gone

I didn't get pregnyl jab. For last bfp did you take the pregnyl jab pls. Not sure what is criteria for pregnyl jab n I can't recall if I took last time. Maybe got proluton. Between the ovulation trigger jab wears out from our body after how long. I just tested n it's like gone

Hey don’t think so much.. take it easy. Different individual require different meds. And different doc may have different practise.

Since tested and it’s gone means it’s gone. The next test will be positive!

All the best to you!!

I did. But I do not think it’s due to the pregnyl job... it’s still the embryo quality at the end of the day. Like now, I transferred my only grade 3 day 2 embryo but not feeling very positive :(. You have 2 embryos, higher chance :)

Last edited:
Anyone had diarrhea after ET? Am not sure why suddenly like tat. I took anitobiotics 4 tablets on Sunday before ER. Then no more mess so not sure what's causing this. Can take charcoal tablet

Anyone had diarrhea after ET? Am not sure why suddenly like tat. I took anitobiotics 4 tablets on Sunday before ER. Then no more mess so not sure what's causing this. Can take charcoal tablet

Can take charcoal pills. Diarrhoea effect from antibiotics may not come so soon after taking it

hello.. can anyone who has gone through frozen artificial cycle at KKH share their experience please, I am planning to go for it next year and wondering about the timing / meds / process, any advice will be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Merry Xmas sisters. am 6dp2dt today. On Monday evening 4dp2dt I suddenly lost the bloatedness feel. Am not sure why. After er et felt v heavy in tummy n pressing against bladder used to visit loo a lot. Monday all gone. Only boobs sore. Anyone felt this way. For my previous 3 bfps the bloatedness lasted thru out n got worse till I tested. Feel quite sad now as not looking positive. Only got slight cramps on n off. Feel like hormones level dropped that's y like this. Sad.

Hi All!

I'm planning to start my FET in Jan 19 at KKH. Heard from Dr THH's assistant, Felicia that there are some block out dates in Jan. Does anyone know what are those dates? Hoping that it doesn't clash with my transfer.

Thanks in advance!

Merry Xmas sisters. am 6dp2dt today. On Monday evening 4dp2dt I suddenly lost the bloatedness feel. Am not sure why. After er et felt v heavy in tummy n pressing against bladder used to visit loo a lot. Monday all gone. Only boobs sore. Anyone felt this way. For my previous 3 bfps the bloatedness lasted thru out n got worse till I tested. Feel quite sad now as not looking positive. Only got slight cramps on n off. Feel like hormones level dropped that's y like this. Sad.
Hi babe, try not to look so much into symptoms. It’s not easy I know. Plus you are still early. Maybe symptoms will come back later. Stay positive

I’m just done with my first appointment with Dr Tan. He saw my records (and still rmb I had short hair ) and recommended that I thaw 1x day 5 and 1x day 6 embryos to put in. I forgot I had 2 x day 6 after my first FET (which my 15-month-old came from).

I feel kind of in shock now. Like a whirlwind. Plus he actually asked to put 2 instead of 1. And they ask me to call when my menses come which looks to be near mid Jan. So likely I will get caught in the blackout. March will be more likely for me then.

I’m just done with my first appointment with Dr Tan. He saw my records (and still rmb I had short hair ) and recommended that I thaw 1x day 5 and 1x day 6 embryos to put in. I forgot I had 2 x day 6 after my first FET (which my 15-month-old came from).

I feel kind of in shock now. Like a whirlwind. Plus he actually asked to put 2 instead of 1. And they ask me to call when my menses come which looks to be near mid Jan. So likely I will get caught in the blackout. March will be more likely for me then.

sorry what whirlwind you have ? are you referring to the embryos you have ?

anyway you manage to grow them till day 5 & 6. have faith :)

sorry what whirlwind you have ? are you referring to the embryos you have ?

anyway you manage to grow them till day 5 & 6. have faith :)

Oops sorry for the confusion, it’s figurative speech.

I had thought I will need to queue quite behind due to the blackout period so I kickstarted the process for this FET early. But there was no mention of the blackout or that I will need to wait. So suddenly it seems like next month I may be able to put the embryos in. I haven’t been conditioning my body, eating right and well etc. Tho I’ve started on my supplements, Brazilian nuts etc for past month. That’s why I feel like I’ve been caught in a whirlwind.

But yes, I’m grateful that I have seemingly strong embbies.

Hey almondearie, so you still have 1 day 6 embryo if you go with Dr Tan’s recommendation? Just curious, did he share why 1 x 6-day and 1 x 5-day embryo instead of both 6-day embryos?

When I wiped this morning saw a lot of tiny white particles.....like crinone. Is it normal to have crinone discharge. Scared not being absorbed.

Hey almondearie, so you still have 1 day 6 embryo if you go with Dr Tan’s recommendation? Just curious, did he share why 1 x 6-day and 1 x 5-day embryo instead of both 6-day embryos?

I didn’t ask and he didn’t share. I’m always awe-struck when I see him and never ask much questions one. At first I had thought he wanted to put 2x day 6 but turns out otherwise.

I deliberated with my hubby if we should request for 1 but my hubby thinks dr tan is using the strategy as per last time. Put one strong and one weaker one, not of equal standing, maybe I’ll end up with singleton bfp again.

I read that putting 2, one May help the other to stick. That’s why we think that’s his strategy. Of course there’s many schools of thought on Google. I’ll try to ask next time I c him and share here.

I didn’t ask and he didn’t share. I’m always awe-struck when I see him and never ask much questions one. At first I had thought he wanted to put 2x day 6 but turns out otherwise.

I deliberated with my hubby if we should request for 1 but my hubby thinks dr tan is using the strategy as per last time. Put one strong and one weaker one, not of equal standing, maybe I’ll end up with singleton bfp again.

I read that putting 2, one May help the other to stick. That’s why we think that’s his strategy. Of course there’s many schools of thought on Google. I’ll try to ask next time I c him and share here.

your doc must be confident in you.
so have faith in his judgement too ;)

my doc on the otherhand, i heard he would recommend just 1 embryo (i didn’t get to find out if that is true because during my stims he was away) but i decided on 2 embryos in the end.

but if i am much older, i will prefer just 1.

your doc must be confident in you.
so have faith in his judgement too ;)

my doc on the otherhand, i heard he would recommend just 1 embryo (i didn’t get to find out if that is true because during my stims he was away) but i decided on 2 embryos in the end.

but if i am much older, i will prefer just 1.

Yes will just go with the flow. All children are blessings.

Lol in ivf, once u hit beyond 37, u can opt for more embryos instead of less. Put 3 instead of 2.

But case by case, if you’ve had bfp before, twins and triplets are likely scenarios. I’ve had 2 friend of friend’s, 1 got triplets from 2 embbies and the other has 2 from 1 embbie. Financially and logistically is a genuine problem. You really need a village to raise just 1 kid.

But if not, can try putting more.

When I wiped this morning saw a lot of tiny white particles.....like crinone. Is it normal to have crinone discharge. Scared not being absorbed.

I had that. I think it’s cause the excess cronine has built up a lot inside at the end of tww and then is discharging out as well.

My prayers for your BT!

Back