1. We've compiled a list of frequently asked questions and their answers at http://singaporemotherhood.com/forum/threads/faq-on-using-the-new-forum.21478/
    Dismiss Notice

IVF/ICSI Support Group

Discussion in 'Matters Of The Heart' started by tomatoes, Aug 26, 2004.

1. jayjayqueenie

jayjayqueenie Active Member

i guess the idea is to collect as many frozen as possible. for me i can’t do fresh for my 1st cycle because i had a lot of follicles on scanning.

2. Eustoma

Eustoma Member

Just wondering any1 had hidden follicies not picked up by the u/s scan and on er day, retrieved more eggs than what was recorded by the scan? Thk u.

3. Bunny33

Bunny33 Well-Known Member

Yes it’s possible. My ER always retrieved more than the ultrasound scan.

Eustoma likes this.
  4. Sevs

Sevs Member

Hi ladies!

Just wanna share that I just gave birth to a baby girl in December after 3 retrievals, 4 failed transfers.
    Have been lurking in the forum and sometimes asking and replying msges, thank you for the wonderful support here!

Just to share my story:
    I have hydrosalpinx, both my tubes were blocked
    a 7cm blood cyst that affected my left ovary's size and function
    Removed both tubes and the cyst.
    Have pcos
    Started IVF in 2016
    Found out I have a mutatated Gene, Antiphospholid syndrome that cause recurrent miscarriages
    therefore that explains the few failed transfers/miscarriages
    Finally conceived and this baby stuck and grew in May 2018 on the 5th transfer

I changed fertility centre after failing two retrievals in Mount Elizabeth
    Did the 3rd retrieval in Virtus.

Sharing my story to encourage all those who are embarking on this journey, or those who have failed and lost a pregnancy due to various reasons.. dont give up! and baby dust to all of you.

afyn, Goingcircles, hajar and 5 others like this.
  5. Eustoma

Eustoma Member

Thanks. How many more? And they were matured follicles too?

6. Pandorra

Pandorra New Member

i would like to create a group chart for IVF & Low AMH..Please PM your contact no to join the group.

7. Eggscatcher

Eggscatcher Active Member

Hi pls share the cost?

8. Pandorra

Pandorra New Member

may i know what is your AMH level?

9. Sevs

Sevs Member

Virtus cost:
    Oocyte (Egg) Retrieval:
    All inclusive of doctor’s fees, anaesthetist fees, operating theatre & recovery room charges, laboratory charges (ICSI/IMSI, Blastocyst culture) and freezing & storage of embryos for 90 days
    $8,800* - $9,500**

Embryo Transfer: All inclusive of doctor’s fees, operating theatre, recovery room charges and laboratory charges (embryo thawing if necessary, assisted hatching) $4,000 - $5,300**

As for the stimulation before transfer, consultation scans injections + meds I spend around 5k so total around 15k.

For embryo transfer ard 2-3k.

Actually it depends on how much dosage and meds u need also. different woman need different dosages base on their current condition but I highly suggest you need to put aside at least 20-30k to try in private hosp ba

10. hajar

hajar Active Member

Unsure the level but it was mentioned by the dr himself..

11. Worrisomegirl

Worrisomegirl Member

Anyone doing ivf in Jan cycle? I am going to start soon as menses shd be coming, but feeling quite lost. Any recommendations what shd we eat shouldn’t eat? Thanks

12. sgsg411

sgsg411 Member

Can share who was yr doctor at virtus pls. Did you see any other doctor for recurrent miscarriage diagnosis. Did you do acupuncture and intralipid for your successful cycle.

Congrats on your little miracle.

13. sgsg411

sgsg411 Member

I bfp after 2 fresh transfer n one fet so I also cannot say which is better. Due to aging wanna collect eggs faster. And may consider doing private as done 3 fresh n 2 get in kkh no luck. Just v sian to start back the whole thing. Bleed after bfn just finishing this week. Mood dull.

14. Sevs

Sevs Member

Just to share, a friend of mine also failed in kkh and nuh for 5 years before she succeed in Virtus. She has low AMH. The centres make alot of difference. Not saying that KKH and NUH is not good, but machines do differ ba.

Dr Suresh Nair was my IVF Dr. Really thankful for him because he is really careful and cautious with my condition.
    I saw Dr Sheila Vasoo for my recurrent miscarriage diagnosis, and was diagnosed with antiphospholipid syndrome and elevated Natural Killer Cells. Did intralipid and was on steroids and also blood thinners.

As for acupuncture, I did try on my failed cycles and I don't think it's necessary. It's costly and time consuming. So during the last cycle that resulted in BFP, I did not do acupuncture. Because I think acupuncture only increases blood flow awhile? I might be wrong but I think changing diet and eating those food that will help in blood circulation is better?

Instead, I changed my diet and drank alot of red dates water with Dangsheng before this successful transfer.
    I don't eat white carbs at all. No white rice, those normal noodles etc. My dr did mention is to lower inflammation. So I only eat brown rice, brown rice pasta, kampung chicken, beef, pork, lamb, salmon, cod, veggies. No sweet stuffs at all. It was tough because in Singapore you don't really have much choices outside being a food paradise ya. So food was prepared at home.

Im not sure whether it will work for you, but it did work for me no harm trying? :)

sgsg411 likes this.
  15. Sevs

Sevs Member

@sgsg411 if you're a private patient in KKH due to no more subsidy, I think it's best to change centre. No point going to the same centre and don't change anything and keep getting the same results. I changed centre after failing twice in Mount E. Fresh place, new luck? All the best to you! Hope you get your miracle soon. If you need to know anything else feel free to pm me will be happy to help.

sgsg411 and hajar like this.
  16. Almondearie

Almondearie Well-Known Member

I see... then that’s not the issue for u. Hugs. Just take it one day at a time...

sgsg411 likes this.
  17. sgsg411

sgsg411 Member

@Sevs thanks for sharing gal. I was shortlisting few Dr's in private. Dr Sheila loh@ Raffles Dr Suresh Nair @ Virtus and Dr Cheng @ TMC. Yeah since no more subsidy shud try private. Dr Tan is v nice in kkh but I don't like the factory protocol where u can see him only er et n scan review done by different ppl. N this time my lining was 15mm and I had follicles 29mm 25mm 23 mm but they went ahead. We can't discuss like in private I think. hope to strike with the change. I have made appt to see Dr Sheila vasoo as well as I had 3 mc before. I saw Dr choolani after my 3rd bfp to save the pregnancy but ended in mc also. N he did all the tests about 5k N only my sugar a bit high rest was OK. I need a doctor to monitor my hormone levels before during N after ivf and heard Dr Sheila helps in that. So will be seeking her guidance. Dr Suresh wait shud be quite long I think. But did he have enough time to discuss with you after appts N did u see him in Virtus for all appts er N et.

18. Dreamscometrue

Dreamscometrue Well-Known Member

Virtus is a lab where a few Doctors use it for OR and ET. They see patients at their own clinic. Eg Roland see patients at Mt E Novena and parkway east

I saw Dr Sheila Vasoo before but it did not work for me. Hope she can help u.

All the best!

19. sgsg411

sgsg411 Member

Ya this whole ivf journey is a mystery. There is no one size fits all and no one success n fool proof protocol. It's all trial n error and we run around like siow. Am also not sure if Sheila will work for me. Just go with open mind. Oh if they don't use the virus lab then it's their own lab right. Heard good reviews at virtus labs.

Heard Sincere also good Dr Paul and Angela combination worked for some sisters. Now I have to make up my mind.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    hajar likes this.
  20. Dreamscometrue

There’s a few pte doc who use virtus fertility center as the lab to do OR and ET. U have to find out who are the specific Doctors.

21. Almondearie

What’s the number to call at KKIVF on ur first day of menses? If it’s today (Sat)? I forgot.

22. Eustoma

Eustoma Member

23. Hi,

For the Crinone insert, do we have to strictly follow the 12-hour rule?
    Eg: 730am insert once, by 7.30pm must insert 2nd time.

24. Eggscatcher

Hi Sevs,

Sorry for duplicate posts, Thanks for your input,
    Will consider as the cost is hefty, as i failed multiple times so need to save up $ first, Congrats to you!

25. Eggscatcher

Hello ladies, if failed 1x soiui, 2x ivf, 2x frozen, still have govt subsidy?

26. Almondearie

Thanks. I call tmr bah. Not likely I can start my cycle since so close to cny. And my hub haven’t done blood test.

27. Eustoma

Eustoma Member

I think i saw somewhere before 14, still can.

28. Dreamscometrue

If u used once for so-iui then no more subsidy. If u didn’t, then u still have 1 subsidy left for fresh cycle. Frozen subsidy is different from fresh cycle

29. carnelian

carnelian Member

Yes, there is still government subsidy for 1 more IVF but you may wanna check how much more could you use from your Medisave. There is a cap you could use from your Medisave.

30. carnelian

carnelian Member

Is this your first cycle?

My hubby did his blood test on the same day I did my first scan. The result was not out in time, so I had to go back the following morning for my medication. Mine is not the first cycle, and my hubby did his blood test around 11am plus. Maybe if your hubby could do his earlier, the result will be out earlier.

Maybe call early in the morning, and check with them.

31. Dreamscometrue

Govt subsidy is different from Medisave :)

32. lady081980

lady081980 Active Member

Govt subsidies and Medisave usage is different. Govt subsidies can use for 3 fresh cycle - up to 7.7k while Medisave for fresh can only use 6k, 5k,4K for 3 cycle . Total cap is 15k for lifetime.

So is depend if she got use the Govt co-funding for iui, if have, she had exhaust the Govt grant and next fresh cycle no more co-funding

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019 at 4:23 PM
  33. Eggscatcher

Yes have used up for soiui, i rem the nurse say no more cofund, considering whether to go jb to do it however i am worried abt the transportation for both of us and medical concerns...

34. Eggscatcher

Any gd fertility doc in jb? Can recommend?

35. littlezhu

littlezhu New Member

I started spotting now so menses full flow should be coming tomorrow. I just need call KKHIVF and inform them to arrange appointment for scan? This is my first cycle so very blur on how the procedures are. Why hubby need to blood test? Can i take Blackmores conceive well gold together with the jabs?

36. Sevs

Sevs Member

I see Dr Nair in his own clinic, Dr Nair can do embryo retrievals and transfers in afew hospitals/fertility centre. In Dr Nair's clinic IVF patients are considered priority i feel. No doubt his waiting time is long, but when it is your turn he doesnt rush into things. He takes time to explain and answer your queries if you have any.

He is very careful. For e.g. he'll test hormone levels 1 week after embryo transfer which i think some drs don't. I had bleeding scares twice in my first trimester and he makes sure he sees me on tt day to scan anything wrong anot. Third trimester i had v bad cramps and his nurses wont brush me off saying if theres bleeding den come in.. (which is wad some of my ivf friend encountered in other clinic)

Cheng @ tmc is LC Cheng? U probably might wan to tk into consideration tt LC cheng doesnt do births anymore if im not wrong. (I might be wrong!) U'll need to find another gynae after bfping. Hope this post helps.

37. Sevs

Sevs Member

Thank u! Baby dust to u! Hope u'll get ur rainbow soon!

38. carnelian

carnelian Member

I see, then I think I dint use the Government grant when I did my SOIUI that is why I still have the grant for my 3rd IVF

39. HI, i took Blackmores conceive well gold + tcm 2 months before my planned IVF cycle in Nov.
    After the first scan, i have unusual cysts around the follicles and 1 leading follicle and the rest are much smaller. i was told to do blood test to check on my hormone levels and my planned cycle was cancelled. The nurse asked me why this scan was different compared to 6 months ago. What did i take? I replied honestly and Dr asked me to stop all Blackmores + TCM. Only take folic acid. i managed to start end Dec when the scan results shows normal. No cysts and all small follicles (uno unusual difference).

i think you go for scan and see the results first. If unsure, check with the nurse.

40. Ann1402

Ann1402 Member

Today went for 1st scan after menses. Was told that I have 3 big follicles and have to take blood test if can proceed. Result came back and doc gave the green light to proceed. But have to see Dr review on this Friday if can continue with this cycle. Anyone has this situation before? This is my 3rd fresh cycle. My previous 2 cycles I never had this issue..

41. havingfaithh

havingfaithh New Member

I have this too. Found a cyst in ovarian for the first scan and it was not present in my previous cycle. I googled it and saw that it’s quite common to have cyst (one type is called corpus letum cyst and another is follicular cyst) and it will go away by itself. As long as it does not affect estrogen level it should be okay.

42. Eustoma

Eustoma Member

Is it cos your dosage for the stims was high?

43. littlezhu

littlezhu New Member

Thank you for sharing then i better don start the Blackmores conxeive well gold first, going for my first scan tomorrow morning at 8am. Hope can proceed as i have PCOS and my previous scans always have many follicle/cysts around my ovaries. Update you all tomorrow! Jia you!!

44. havingfaithh

havingfaithh New Member

I’m on Day 4 of stimms and my bloated abdomen is quite painful at times till I can’t sit or stand for long. It’s also pressing against my bladders. Also experiencing mild shortness of breath like when I walk up the stairs. Is this consider OHSS?

45. Ann1402

Ann1402 Member

Thks for your reply :) Btw, did you get pregnant for this cycle?

46. havingfaithh

havingfaithh New Member

I’m still in the process of stimm! :)

47. Ann1402

Ann1402 Member

I see! I have to go for scan at d4.

48. BlueberryBanana

BlueberryBanana New Member

Hi ladies, does anyone knows how long is the waiting time for kkh ivf now?

49. carnelian

carnelian Member

You may want to call and check with them. I am also on my stimulation jab now and has been feeling very giddy, nauseous and vomited once with slight diarrhoea. Was advised to go to O&G yesterday morning, suspect that I might have mild OHSS and food poisoning...

50. wish88

wish88 Active Member

Hi ladies. Did anyone do natural fet at NUH before? I’m currently on it. I was advise to start first dose of crinone gel at 5-6pm but because I overslept, did it only at 6.50pm. The subsequent doses I’m told to take it every morning. I’m just wondering if there is a special reason for the 5-6pm instructions? Been trying to contact the clinic but no one is picking up the phone, could be too busy.