IVF/ICSI Support Group

Yest I went to review with Dr Tan. There was HCG detected and I had mild ohss during the 2ww. But my HCG decreases so eventually I bleed 1 day before beta test. He said to decrease my stimulation dosage the next round as my hormones are low.

Which hormones are low? Not higher stims if hormones are low?

Cos I had some bleeding around 5th day of 2ww then I went to see Dr Tan. He admit me for a day. During the stay, Dr Tan say there is HCG detected but it's low. Then I started to bleed one day b4 test. The yesterday at Dr Tan I saw my results. Till the day of the beta test, my HCG was 1.2

So can see Dr Tan immediately during tww?

Jan 2019. He say will squeeze me in. Hahaha! Anyone same as me?

The ivf centre called you already? I called in to cfrm it is in jan as didnt receive call from them after a week. Then they gave me a scare when they said might be in march but finally they cfrm in jan.

The ivf centre called you already? I called in to cfrm it is in jan as didnt receive call from them after a week. Then they gave me a scare when they said might be in march but finally they cfrm in jan.
I only went see doc yesterday. Have not received call yet

Don’t be so negative.
Chemical preg means got implantation just that the embryo did not develop further. So at least we know the uterus allow implantation, probably just the embryo quality need to be worked on
Yea! So now I am taking DOM, drinking raspberry tea leaf and Blackmore conceive well gold! Hahahaha! Anymore suggestions? Hehehe!

Yea! So now I am taking DOM, drinking raspberry tea leaf and Blackmore conceive well gold! Hahahaha! Anymore suggestions? Hehehe!

I think different people react to stim meds and food differently.. for me no food or supplement helped with the quality/ quantity :(

Seems like only Low dose stim meds works better for me

So u succeeded with low dose? Which day did u transfer?

Actually all my transfers are blastocyst except for once it’s day 4.
However I have more BFN than BFP.
So I feel my issue is not only embryos but also the womb

How I concluded that high dose doesn’t work for me is during the cycle which I had the max dose, I’ve no embryos left surviving. Whereas for lower dosage my embryos managed to grow to blastocyst.
And the 2 BFP I had are the cycles which I had the lowest dose though 1 ended in MC

However the number of embryos I have is always max 2- 4 only. But no choice, I think quality is more impt than quantity for my case.. too bad.. have to go through many fresh cycles :/

Anyway IVF is really a trial and error game. There’s different meds and dosage to play around with. There’s also other things such as endo scratch, removal of fibroids or endo etc etc..

And i also believe in affinity between you and the doc :)

Lastly, what I have to say is time wait for no man, the earlier and younger you start, the higher chance you have. Kind of regretted not starting ttc as soon as we got married but too bad, can’t reverse time. Can only look forward

Don’t be so negative.
Chemical preg means got implantation just that the embryo did not develop further. So at least we know the uterus allow implantation, probably just the embryo quality need to be worked on

How to improve implantation if lining is ok? What else is there? Cld be cos cold womb?

How I concluded that high dose doesn’t work for me is during the cycle which I had the max dose, I’ve no embryos left surviving. Whereas for lower dosage my embryos managed to grow to blastocyst.
And the 2 BFP I had are the cycles which I had the lowest dose though 1 ended in MC

However the number of embryos I have is always max 2- 4 only. But no choice, I think quality is more impt than quantity for my case.. too bad.. have to go through many fresh cycles :/

Anyway IVF is really a trial and error game. There’s different meds and dosage to play around with. There’s also other things such as endo scratch, removal of fibroids or endo etc etc..

Lastly, what I have to say is time wait for no man, the earlier and younger you start, the higher chance you have. Kind of regretted not starting ttc as soon as we got married but too bad, can’t reverse time. Can only look forward
I share same setiments as you.

Gals trying. Please start early. Cos as you age funny thgs such as fabriod or cyst or polyp will happen. Esp if fabriod if need removal, need 6 month recovery time which if hit 40, you have no luxury. And quality downs with age male or female. Cant reverse time.

Also most doctor will reject you when u pass 40. Attitude different also.

I was on high dose and going to be high dose again next cycle. But i also worry high dose will cause poor qly eggs...

I share same setiments as you.

Gals trying. Please start early. Cos as you age funny thgs such as fabriod or cyst or polyp will happen. Esp if fabriod if need removal, need 6 month recovery time which if hit 40, you have no luxury. And quality downs with age male or female. Cant reverse time.

Also most doctor will reject you when u pass 40. Attitude different also.

Really...pass 40, doctors won't help you?

Really...pass 40, doctors won't help you?
They will help.

Just that if your condition is really bad as in poor quality male and female, you may get sneering n cold water when you consult them say wanna start. Guess the doc is just being realistic n perhaps dun want you to pull down their success rate statistics. I am referring to private clinics though. N my personal opinions.

Got to be very brave to move forward yourself, when you could be very stressed yourself wondering you are doing a right decision to ivf or not and with e high $ stakes.

I feel meeting the right doctor is important.

How to improve implantation if lining is ok? What else is there? Cld be cos cold womb?

How to you define lining is ok? Triple lining? I always have triple prior to transfer but also like that

So I can’t really answer your question. Some say endo scratch improve the chance, but I also Have BFNs with endo scratch. So how lei? Cold womb is a term tcm uses.. so they give u tcm herbs to improve? But I also have BFNs with tcm/ acupuncture etc.. so I also don’t know ‍♀️

How to you define lining is ok? Triple lining? I always have triple prior to transfer but also like that

So I can’t really answer your question. Some say endo scratch improve the chance, but I also Have BFNs with endo scratch. So how lei? Cold womb is a term tcm uses.. so they give u tcm herbs to improve? But I also have BFNs with tcm/ acupuncture etc.. so I also don’t know ‍♀️
Hi @Dreamscometrue

Mind to share what is endo scratch? I have been seeing this term around but have no idea how does it going to be done.. lol! Thanks!

What is considered high dose pls. Final f 300 n pergoveris one vial considered high

Meant gonal f
Yes, number 2. But I got a feeling that won’t succeed....
Hey tsf congrats on yr no 1. Is this a fresh cycle for you and r u with Dr tan also. Happy that u succeeded with number 1 with the many challenges. R u in yr tww. Grade 3 is good. Some conceived with grade 2. Is yr no 1 one yr this yr?

Totally agree. The negativity and sneering is max as u age. They start off telling at all the failures. Tho cud be true v hurting

Totally agree. The negativity and sneering is max as u age. They start off telling at all the failures. Tho cud be true v hurting
Thats y i say u are very brave mesera! I wish you all the best! Oosh! :) your dosage is same as wat doctor wanna give me. Gonal f 300, pergovis but they sneer me till i chicken out. Even hubby also discourage due to previous bfns seems art didnt work out he says. I every night nightmare when think of cycling.

I think success is for those positive thinking and warrior. This route is definately not for the faint hearted.

Last edited:
What is considered high dose pls. Final f 300 n pergoveris one vial considered high

I think very much depends on individual ba. I think my max dose was 450 gonal f and 1 pergo or 300 gonal f + pergo? Can’t Rem exactly cos it’s like 1 year + ago

But don’t be scare by me k.. cos different people respond to meds differently. Some people can get good embryos with high dosage.

I think positive thinking is very impt too! Half a battle is won with positivity

Thats y i say u are very brave mesera! I wish you all the best! Oosh! :) your dosage is same as wat doctor wanna give me. Gonal f 300, pergovis but they sneer me till i chicken out. Even hubby also discourage due to previous bfns seems art didnt work out he says. I every night nightmare when think of cycling.

I think success is for those positive thinking and warrior. This route is definately not for the faint hearted.

Totally agree.. reassurance from the doctor is very impt too.

I went through a total of 1 SO-iui, 4 fresh cycles, 2 fresh transfers, 4 FETs

Come to think of it now also scared..

They will help.

Just that if your condition is really bad as in poor quality male and female, you may get sneering n cold water when you consult them say wanna start. Guess the doc is just being realistic n perhaps dun want you to pull down their success rate statistics. I am referring to private clinics though. N my personal opinions.

Got to be very brave to move forward yourself, when you could be very stressed yourself wondering you are doing a right decision to ivf or not and with e high $ stakes.

I feel meeting the right doctor is important.

I see. I hope my doc not like this. Stress ah..

As in lining thickness ok...and yah..triple lining...
Was told to eat beef and black stuff to improve..

How was the previous cycle like? I think it’s natural that the doc will just keep on increasing the dosage cycle after cycle.

350 gonal f then increase to max 450. Was told next cycle to start at 450 right away and will have menopur...
Not sure if will be combination or just one kind of stim..

Hey gal all sisters here r warriors even they succeed or not :). Like u said this journey not for faint hearted. Totally agree. Dr tan said coz of low amh may not grow follicles or have no eggs then have to cancel. I must be prepared. Then if pregnant maybe cannot sustain. And adeno may return with vengeance n have to consider womb removal. If successful won't know if can carry to full term n pass all the test. Can u imagine how much of hurt n pain all these things r even before we embarks... it's their duty but we r seeking some solace and certainly can't accept all these words. I cried. Left it to god to guide the journey. Some sisters did 10 fresh cycles for one miracle. So yeah have faith.... if you want you have to persevere coz this journey full of uncertainties every day till delivery. No one in my family did ivf. We have been married for 12 yrs no kid. So this journey only between me n hubby. And I have u sisters for kind advice n shoulders to lean. Thanks

Hey gal all sisters here r warriors even they succeed or not :). Like u said this journey not for faint hearted. Totally agree. Dr tan said coz of low amh may not grow follicles or have no eggs then have to cancel. I must be prepared. Then if pregnant maybe cannot sustain. And adeno may return with vengeance n have to consider womb removal. If successful won't know if can carry to full term n pass all the test. Can u imagine how much of hurt n pain all these things r even before we embarks... it's their duty but we r seeking some solace and certainly can't accept all these words. I cried. Left it to god to guide the journey. Some sisters did 10 fresh cycles for one miracle. So yeah have faith.... if you want you have to persevere coz this journey full of uncertainties every day till delivery. No one in my family did ivf. We have been married for 12 yrs no kid. So this journey only between me n hubby. And I have u sisters for kind advice n shoulders to lean. Thanks

I hope you can succeed! Btw, mind sharing your amh level?

Back