IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi ladies!

Just had my ET today.. day 3 embies. Does anyone still do acupuncture after ET? I saw two TCM both of whom recommended to do another acupuncture session in 3-5 days time when the embryo implants.

Hi ladies!

Just had my ET today.. day 3 embies. Does anyone still do acupuncture after ET? I saw two TCM both of whom recommended to do another acupuncture session in 3-5 days time when the embryo implants.

I did accupuncture on day of ET and another 2 times as recommended by the tcm doctor also

Hey ladies, wanted to ask if anyone has not ovulated/had an unusually long cycle after an unsuccessful IVF cycle?

I've been waiting for my AF to come to start taking mercilon, so I've also been trying to track my ovulation with an OPK. My average cycle length is 32 days and I started OPK testing on Day 15 till now, Day 28, but it's been negative so far. So I'm wondering is it because I'm not ovulating this month and AF will come soon, or is it that I haven't ovulated and it's just gonna be like a super long cycle.

Thanks! :)

Did your AF come?
My af came today, starting to take progynova.
Do you know when is ET in FET cycle?

my af came yesterday as i was wondering where she is.

only like not as much. maybe because in a month i need to have 2 periods due to mercilon.

starting progynova tomorrow.

chr told me depending on my lining, i will have ET either oh last week of sep or 2nd last week of sep.

my af came yesterday as i was wondering where she is.

only like not as much. maybe because in a month i need to have 2 periods due to mercilon.

starting progynova tomorrow.

chr told me depending on my lining, i will have ET either oh last week of sep or 2nd last week of sep.
I also have AF lesser and no pain..
perhaps because of mercilon and that hormon injection on day 14.
Why are you stating progynova not from 1st CD?
CHR gave me an instruct to take from 1st CD.

I also have AF lesser and no pain..
perhaps because of mercilon and that hormon injection on day 14.
Why are you stating progynova not from 1st CD?
CHR gave me an instruct to take from 1st CD.

i have no idea.
maybe doctor want to go on leave so he is trying to push me to his cover doctor lol.
who is your doctor ?

anyone seeing tcm Tan Siew Buoy inbetween or during vf treatments? Care to share? Heard that she don't support people going for ivf to the extend that she may not want to see you next time.

did u order tests that were not found in regular government protocol ?

nuh only test thyroid and TSH. u must have specially asked for antibodies testing and so on right ?

Yes. After I failed my first pgs transferred embryo, I got myself second and third opinion to check my lining. And they found that my polyps came back even though I did a polyps removal before my FET. I also did a series of blood test like NK Cells, thyroid (more than just TSH. I also check for thyroid antibodies) and vit d and a few other blood tests.

anyone seeing tcm Tan Siew Buoy inbetween or during vf treatments? Care to share? Heard that she don't support people going for ivf to the extend that she may not want to see you next time.

that’s interesting to know because she does ivf talks together with Dr Tan HH from KKH.

but i have read that she is definitely not the warmest especially during busy times :)

IMG_5782.JPG

that’s interesting to know because she does ivf talks together with Dr Tan HH from KKH.

but i have read that she is definitely not the warmest especially during busy times :)

Yeah, maybe she doesn't support certain doctor? Thats why need to ask the group here. I was at TKS Clementi TCM and this couple told him that TSB refused to give appt to them knowing that they went for IVF.

TSB likes to work with Tan HH patients but dislike one of the ivf dr from Nuh. So for patients under this doctor, she will not be kind or friendly to them

Has anyone conceived by going to TCM Mr Koh Kee Chang at BLK 77 Indus Road?
I have difficulty conceiving naturally until we got diagnosed w MFI but I felt I also played a part although doctors kept saying I'm ok after a uterine polyp removal.
However my 2 IVF still BFN. Until I went to him to condition my body's Qi and my womb to a more friendly environment. I finally succeeded in IVF3 and birthed b/g twins in 2017.
I really have to share this blessing of a doctor because he doesn't judge nor discriminate if we use his TCM w our IVF meds. Please check him out and you will find answers in your fertility journey. His tel is 62710226

Has anyone conceived by going to TCM Mr Koh Kee Chang at BLK 77 Indus Road?
I have difficulty conceiving naturally until we got diagnosed w MFI but I felt I also played a part although doctors kept saying I'm ok after a uterine polyp removal.
However my 2 IVF still BFN. Until I went to him to condition my body's Qi and my womb to a more friendly environment. I finally succeeded in IVF3 and birthed b/g twins in 2017.
I really have to share this blessing of a doctor because he doesn't judge nor discriminate if we use his TCM w our IVF meds. Please check him out and you will find answers in your fertility journey. His tel is 62710226

glad u have help :)

i am also doing accupuncture now. oo love it that it warms the womb.
Yup a warm and supple womb is definitely a strong requirement. Previously mine was "dry and hard" probably meaning too cold in TCM terms. But my menses was like clockwork every month and I would have cervical mucus during ovulation so there were no indications anything was not in order. For some ladies having unexplained infertility I think traditional medicine/doctors can be the answer we need.

Yup a warm and supple womb is definitely a strong requirement. Previously mine was "dry and hard" probably meaning too cold in TCM terms. But my menses was like clockwork every month and I would have cervical mucus during ovulation so there were no indications anything was not in order. For some ladies having unexplained infertility I think traditional medicine/doctors can be the answer we need.

it’s not easy to keep up with the taboos though.

recently i had company function where i had to drink and such.

i made quite a last min decision to do accupuncture. my ET is estimated end Sep. how many sessions would your sinseh recommend u for this time frame?

i made quite a last min decision to do accupuncture. my ET is estimated end Sep. how many sessions would your sinseh recommend u for this time frame?
My TCM doctor can but never did accupuncture for me as he said my body system inside must have the energy to flow through my body first.
Some ppl need longer or shorter time than others but after eating his herbs for 3mth he said I should have conceived naturally then but since I didn't he gave the go ahead that my body was prepared for IVF3. I have been eating his herbs since 2016 non stop even when I was pregnant.
He just feels my pulse and says no bacteria, no cysts so can liao haha. If your current doctor doesn't highlight any concerns that you should pause the ET then I think you're ready. Hope that answered your qn? Sorry if I didn't understand clearly.

i wanted to switch to her but when i called to make an appointment, the earliest slot is Dec. i give up and i have the intention to proceed with IVF.

Anyone diagnosed with high NK cells. mine was 25 (normal should be 12 according to doc) per blood test.
what is done for you during ivf if you have been found with high NK cells?

Hi, I’m also diagnosed with high NK cells, at 17. I am currently seeing Dr Sheila Vasoo. I did 2 sessions of intralipid recommended by her. Tmr i’m going to review the result. hopefully it helps to bring down the value before next FET. i planned for FET the next cycle. Are you seeing at dr, any treatment proposed ?

Hi, I’m also diagnosed with high NK cells, at 17. I am currently seeing Dr Sheila Vasoo. I did 2 sessions of intralipid recommended by her. Tmr i’m going to review the result. hopefully it helps to bring down the value before next FET. i planned for FET the next cycle. Are you seeing at dr, any treatment proposed ?
May I knoe what is the cost like for seeing Dr Sheila?

Hi, does anyone know when will KKIVF centre be closed for cleaning this year? I planned my IVF in Nov. Not sure if I can proceed...

i was told to see pc wong (my current ivf doc) and he will refer me accordingly before my next ivf.

I’m actually at KK now. It’s so crowded. Will be getting my genetic blood test report and review with Dr Sadhana.

I’m in a dilemma. I’m not sure if I want the report to point out some problems so that we can have it resolved. Or having a perfectly ok report and we are back to square 1, not knowing what went wrong.

I understand how you feel..

Yes, I feel grateful to be able to conceive naturally and I have been very lucky. I am in my 40s.

I hope my story can give you and all the sistas here hope and not to give up. It is possbile. Strangely as it may seem, I failed IVF several times but yet successfully in naturally!! I have been blessed and very 感恩!

You are truly blessed! :)

May I knoe what is the cost like for seeing Dr Sheila?

first consult is $200-$250. follow up is $100-$150.
At MEH Novena. The intralipid treatment is not done at her clinic. she refer to Dr. Marianne.
Actually if you want to save cost, can go direct to Dr. Loh SF or Dr. Marianne for intralipid. Unless you have other autoimmunity issues got to see Dr. Sheila.

i was told to see pc wong (my current ivf doc) and he will refer me accordingly before my next ivf.

Restructured hospital do not provide intralipid currently. intralipid cost abt $250/session. NUH has another protocol, the treatment cost thousands i heard. Just seen Dr. Sheila, NK cell came down to 12.9! she said it’s normal now :) Next intralipid will be Day 5 Medicines for FET.

TSB likes to work with Tan HH patients but dislike one of the ivf dr from Nuh. So for patients under this doctor, she will not be kind or friendly to them

So mad - she used to come from some charitable medical hall until Mark Lee made her famous by claiming she helped him and his wife in conceiving their first kid.

I've seen her a few times and decided that she was not very professional. She didn't keep records and I had to repeat my situation to her everytime I see her and yes, her herbs needed to be brewed and it took hours. I found it troublesome and gave up.

Then again it's my own experience. My friend swears by her as she managed to get pregnant naturally through her herbs.

Heard that she's on very good terms with SF Loh, but dislikes Prof Wong and tends to bad mouth him.

Where's the ethics?

Just seen Dr Jerry and he said he will increase and add on more jabs to support my hormones. He said there is nothing from me to control during IVF. He said on average have to try 2-3 cycles to succeed. Anyone seeing Dr Jerry too?

So mad - she used to come from some charitable medical hall until Mark Lee made her famous by claiming she helped him and his wife in conceiving their first kid.

I've seen her a few times and decided that she was not very professional. She didn't keep records and I had to repeat my situation to her everytime I see her and yes, her herbs needed to be brewed and it took hours. I found it troublesome and gave up.

Then again it's my own experience. My friend swears by her as she managed to get pregnant naturally through her herbs.

Heard that she's on very good terms with SF Loh, but dislikes Prof Wong and tends to bad mouth him.

Where's the ethics?

Because she always say the nuh doctor doesn’t support the use of tcm during ivf cycle while other Doctors believe in the use of tcm

Where's the ethics?

Towkayneo, yes ! ... She's a celebrity TCM. Heard that Fann also got preggie under her care too.
Any Drs that bad mouth the other Drs infront of their patients are just simply unprofessional.

I had a lousy experience with TSB too. She's a dr of few words and she did not tell me my body's condition.
Prior then I was with Dr Zou and she said its ok to drink red dates drink as long as i don't put too many red dates as my body tend to be 湿热。There was once I had a bad sore throat and I told TSB I was drinking red dates drink prior the sore throat.
Got a dressing down from her instantly citing that she disliked patients who act like internet drs... Boooo!

That was my last visit and I need not see a famous TCM who just snapped at me because of her mood swings.
I subsequently change to another TCM at TongJi Hosp and BFP under her care.

Where's the ethics?

Yeap. That is what I heard too. I just hope she can be more supportive of us.

My friend is now pregnant, almost 40 and swear by her too. Got pregnant within months. My friend of friend too..

Towkayneo, yes ! ... She's a celebrity TCM. Heard that Fann also got preggie under her care too.
Any Drs that bad mouth the other Drs infront of their patients are just simply unprofessional.

I had a lousy experience with TSB too. She's a dr of few words and she did not tell me my body's condition.
Prior then I was with Dr Zou and she said its ok to drink red dates drink as long as i don't put too many red dates as my body tend to be 湿热。There was once I had a bad sore throat and I told TSB I was drinking red dates drink prior the sore throat.
Got a dressing down from her instantly citing that she disliked patients who act like internet drs... Boooo!

That was my last visit and I need not see a famous TCM who just snapped at me because of her mood swings.
I subsequently change to another TCM at TongJi Hosp and BFP under her care.

:( I know how you feel. I put off my appt with her for very long already cause of the feedback. You are so lucky you got bfp with other tcm of your choice. I guess some of us will have to tolerate that if we want results.

first consult is $200-$250. follow up is $100-$150.
At MEH Novena. The intralipid treatment is not done at her clinic. she refer to Dr. Marianne.
Actually if you want to save cost, can go direct to Dr. Loh SF or Dr. Marianne for intralipid. Unless you have other autoimmunity issues got to see Dr. Sheila.
Thank you:)

Back