IVF/ICSI Support Group

I drank a glass of Nutrisoy soya bean milk every morning before ET. My 1st scan after menses came was 9.1mm.

I read online that soy products can upset hormone balance with the plant-based estrogen present. Some women have a thin uterine lining due to hormone imbalance or poor blood flow to the uterus.

So I avoided drinking soy milk.

Maybe I’m someone who has thin lining to begin with. My day 8 scan of my menstrual cycle was only 5 mm.

It works! I was like you too, sians 1/2 cos of jabs, then I guess I tot I just have to overcome this and I did.

The most painful jabs come from nurses who jab you.

'The most painful jabs come from nurses who jab you' - geeeessssss...... now that scares me much. :(
but, you sounded so awesome to be able to overcome all that, im sure its all worth it by the end of the day!

I read online that soy products can upset hormone balance with the plant-based estrogen present. Some women have a thin uterine lining due to hormone imbalance or poor blood flow to the uterus.

So I avoided drinking soy milk.

Maybe I’m someone who has thin lining to begin with. My day 8 scan of my menstrual cycle was only 5 mm.
I started off with poor lining too..I was struggling to hit 6mm back then :p

Hi Elia, I 'tahan' through the entire cycle and had the worst results- almost none fertilised but in the end the lab managed to rescue one. Ended up not doing fresh because it was delayed maturation. The embryo is now still frozen. So my logic nowadays is if the medicine makes me feel so horrible, my eggs will probably not be so happy.

I informed the doctor only during the review at the end of the cycle and he will not use menopour for me again.
Wow.. It's not easy to tahan the allergy. But I agree. We will need to stay positive and okay ourselves to have good and healthy eggs. I just had my eggs abstracted and having worse pain at the womb area. Hoping it will go away tomorrow. Doctor told me it's quitr unlikely my allergy is due to menopur or gonal f. If i am allergy to them, first injection will show. So i also don't know what happen..

Hi Elia, I 'tahan' through the entire cycle and had the worst results- almost none fertilised but in the end the lab managed to rescue one. Ended up not doing fresh because it was delayed maturation. The embryo is now still frozen. So my logic nowadays is if the medicine makes me feel so horrible, my eggs will probably not be so happy.

I informed the doctor only during the review at the end of the cycle and he will not use menopour for me again.

Hi, which doctor are u with?

I’m with Dr Tan Heng Hao.

What do you meant by medicated cycle? Isit to take mediccation to increase the lining thickness and jab to ovulate?

To take medication to increase lining. No jab for ovulation. I think once you are taking medication for lining, they don’t care about ovulation anymore because the medication that you take is not supposed to make you ovulate. If you do ovulate while taking the medication, it means the medication has no effect on you.

I’m with Dr Tan Heng Hao.

To take medication to increase lining. No jab for ovulation. I think once you are taking medication for lining, they don’t care about ovulation anymore because the medication that you take is not supposed to make you ovulate. If you do ovulate while taking the medication, it means the medication has no effect on you.
I see... im currently on progynova means mine is a medicated cycle too. So when is your blood test schedule to be?

Hi all, im now on progynova and going for scan next Tuesday. Can i knw what food can help to improve the lining thickness and what is the optimal lining measurement for transfer? Thanks!

I took rasp leaf tea, red bean soup daily, did castor oil pack, pomegranate juice daily. Did acupuncture too. Mine is lining. I bfp at 9-10mm. My dr feels optimal is 10-12mm

Good luck to your BT!!
Yes, this is my first frozen cycle.
So u took leave for your 2ww?

Nope. They gave me three days hospitalisation leave and I went back to work after that. My first fresh cycle was 14 days hospitalisation leave.

That’s pretty Long 2ww. You transferred day what embryos?

Btw are u only 28 yo? That’s very young! And u already have a 4 yo kid :)

Yes 17 days. My first fresh cycle was 14 days.

I transferred Day 2 embryos. My girl was also from Day 2.

Yes I’m only 28 years old. We married young. Rare medical conditions we have there. So no choice but to go through IVF.

Nope. They gave me three days hospitalisation leave and I went back to work after that. My first fresh cycle was 14 days hospitalisation leave.

Yes I’m only 28 years old. We married young. Rare medical conditions we have there. So no choice but to go through IVF.
Oh really! My fresh cycle in 2015 was given almost 2 weeks hosp leave so i thought the same applies to frozen cycle. If only 3 days then not too bad, was worried how to tell my boss that i need to take 2 wks of hosp leave.

Hi ladies. Im planning to take referral from poly for nuh fertility clinic. Is anyone at nuh now? May i check how long willthe checks take before they start iui/ivf cycle? And what are the check - blood test, scans etc? Im kinda scared to go thru the whole process again.

Oh really! My fresh cycle in 2015 was given almost 2 weeks hosp leave so i thought the same applies to frozen cycle. If only 3 days then not too bad, was worried how to tell my boss that i need to take 2 wks of hosp leave.

Did you BFP for your fresh cycle in 2015? Was that your first fresh?

All the best!

Hi all, can i chk if anyone took lucrin depot injection to shrink yr uterus fibroids before going for ivf? I was told to take e jab on my 2nd day of menses. My af is coming n im worried of the side effects that the injection may bring. :(

Hi all, can i chk if anyone took lucrin depot injection to shrink yr uterus fibroids before going for ivf? I was told to take e jab on my 2nd day of menses. My af is coming n im worried of the side effects that the injection may bring. :(

Me! I took it in the beginning of March. For me the side effects came about 2 weeks later. Hot flashes,body ache and etc..
but its manageable. Don't worry.

Good one! Just curious, in all u did 3 ivf cycles and all was success?
First cycle, I had 8 embryos, my BFP came from the last 2 frozen embryos, 2nd cycle, I had 6 embryos, my BFP came from the last 2 embryos too. This cycle, I had 3 embryos, transferred one blasto.

First cycle, I had 8 embryos, my BFP came from the last 2 frozen embryos, 2nd cycle, I had 6 embryos, my BFP came from the last 2 embryos too. This cycle, I had 3 embryos, transferred one blasto.
Wow! so you did 3 times of ET...very brave and determined! Admire your courage!! :)

Hi ladies. Im planning to take referral from poly for nuh fertility clinic. Is anyone at nuh now? May i check how long willthe checks take before they start iui/ivf cycle? And what are the check - blood test, scans etc? Im kinda scared to go thru the whole process again.

Hi I am with NUH. Yes, I think the testing part is time consuming. Because they need to do blood test at certain time of the month to Ensure that you are ovulating. Also HSG etc..
It can take 1-2 months depending on the day you went to see doctor at NUH clinic G.

I was lucky cause I saw doctor on day 2 of menses and can immediately do a blood test. Then the next blood test is like 2 weeks later to confirm if you ovulate. Some people have to wait till next cycle if they just finished theirs when they see doctor.

Plus after you see doctor at polyclinic, they will schedule your appointment at clinic G. That also depends on your luck. Usually it is one month later.

U did the tests before?

Me! I took it in the beginning of March. For me the side effects came about 2 weeks later. Hot flashes,body ache and etc..
but its manageable. Don't worry.
Hi vitaminkin..thanks for the reply. Really reassuring to hear that everything is ok. Can I ask what was yr dosage and did the doctor advised when would yr menses resume? Why did u take e lucrin depot jab? Mine was to shrink the fibroids for removal one mth later.:(

Hi, I’m new here. I got a positive results for my BT and will be going for my first scan next Friday. Just want to check with fellow mummies if it’s normal to experience pain around the womb area, especially when u flip from side to side while sleeping? The pain is not consecutive and feels like a stitch kind of feel.. feeling concern for this so wanted to check in with ya all!

I got follow yr threads all these while. Really not easy only those who been through it knows. At least u got to the shore. Still got couple of us still struggling. I hope i catch yr good luck. Patch e good luck all over my body lol.

Happy long weekend muff mummy! :)
Me too, I'm still here too connie_hopeful, after a few years and have seen so many graduate. Congrats to the sisters who have won the infertility war! Let's Jiayou for each other and all the ladies still fighting the good fight.

Hi gal, hugs. Have u remove yr fabriod prior to last try. N solve e sticky blood issue?

All e best to you...
Yes I have removed my fibroid (u remembered!) but it has affected my lining. I'm now on FET cycle but my lining is bad at 6.6mm on D16. Ladies, any tips on speed boosting lining thickness? Really desperate now and worried abt the very slow growth... It only grew abt 1mm plus in 5 days :(

Yes I have removed my fibroid (u remembered!) but it has affected my lining. I'm now on FET cycle but my lining is bad at 6.6mm on D16. Ladies, any tips on speed boosting lining thickness? Really desperate now and worried abt the very slow growth... It only grew abt 1mm plus in 5 days :(
How long did u rest after removal to fet? Some said eat beef to boost lining. All e best and hope it will grow..

Back