IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi all, need some advice. I am currently stimulating my eggs with injections (lucrin, gonal f and menopure). I am at my last lap but this morning i developed eye swollen which I suspect is from the injection of menopure. I had menopure injection for at least a week now. Has anyone had that before? Should I continue with that medicine tomorrow before I see the doctor on Monday?

Hi elia, I had the same reaction to menopour but I 'tahan' all the way. Is there an emergency number for your clinic you can call? I suppose they will ask you to finish up the current medication till u next see the doc. In the meantime I suggest putting ice packs on ur eyes to bring down the swelling. Besides swollen eyes I also had extreme headache and tiredness from menopour.

May I also ask is it okay to drink TCM after I insert the Crinone gel? My TCM doctor did say to have at least 2 hours interval for oral medication. What about Crinone gel?

Anyone having red bleeding during tww and test positive? I am day 11 today . Went to o &g dr don want to jab for me even though saw faint line positive. I keep bug her until she agree to give me more dupstson support
.dr did a scan and saw nothing. Is it also too early to detect anything?

Last edited:
May I also ask is it okay to drink TCM after I insert the Crinone gel? My TCM doctor did say to have at least 2 hours interval for oral medication. What about Crinone gel?

Eh i not too sure abt this wor i stop tcm after i start my ivf journey coz doc say try not to take so we didn took tcm

Anyone having red bleeding during tww and test positive? I am day 11 today . Went to o &g dr don want to jab for me even though saw faint line positive. I keep bug her until she agree to give me more dupstson support

It still early to see anything , just make sure ur blood test double every other day.

How heavy is your bleeding? I remember for my first child, 2 days before BT, I had some bleeding. Not very heavy and I got a BFP on BT day.

However, the bleeding got heavier after BT. I went O&G, couldn’t see anything on scan. Hospitalised and HCG dropped but went back high again.

How heavy is your bleeding? I remember for my first child, 2 days before BT, I had some bleeding. Not very heavy and I got a BFP on BT day.

However, the bleeding got heavier after BT. I went O&G, couldn’t see anything on scan. Hospitalised and HCG dropped but went back high again.
Hihi is something like the 2nd picture as attached but red. Is urs so much ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180415-094013.jpg
    Screenshot_20180415-094013.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 244
Hihi is something like the 2nd picture as attached but red. Is urs so much ?

Mine started off like the first picture and then it became like the second picture. There was even one time it looked like the third picture. Yes mine was bright red. It wasn’t even brown!

I remember when I went for my BT, it was a Friday. I told the nurse who was drawing blood for me. She said if the bleeding wasn’t very heavy, it should be fine. She just asked me to increase my Duphaston to 3x daily. My first HCG level was 249. I was asked to repeat BT on the following Monday because it didn’t make the mark of 250.

On Saturday, the bleeding got heavier. I was so worried so I called my TCM doctor. She is a very experienced doctor. So she asked me to quickly go to TMC and she had liaised with a private gynae for us. She told us when we reached TMC A&E, just asked for this gynae and she would come down. So the private gynae came down and gave a proluton shot. My bleeding was under control but I was still seeing blood and at least it didn’t get heavier.

On Monday I went back for my second BT. My HCG went up to 1085. At night I felt a sharp pain on my left side and I went to O&G. They got me admitted as they suspected I had ectopic pregnancy. They scanned both vagina and abdomen and saw nothing.

I was on drip, in case I needed to go for operation if it’s really an ectopic pregnancy. On Wednesday, they repeated BT and my HCG dropped to 850. It wasn’t a good sign. I was praying very hard. Dr Tan came and said to repeat BT on Friday. If the HCG level dropped again, then it could be a miscarriage. My bleeding somehow stopped on Wednesday.

I repeated BT on Friday and my HCG went up to 1876. Dr Tan came and said it could be a diminishing twin but nothing could be concluded and only time could tell what had happened.

He scheduled to do a scan 3 weeks later and I was discharged on Friday.

3 weeks later, I did the scan and saw a sac but there wasn’t any heartbeat. So Dr Tan said to scan again one week later.

1 week later, I did the scan and I could see the flickering heartbeat on the screen and I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl 38 weeks later.

We give her a name that means fighter, defender for she kept fighting and holding onto me, despite the odds.

She is turning 4 this year.

Last edited:
Mine started off like the first picture and then it became like the second picture. There was even one time it looked like the third picture. Yes mine was bright red. It wasn’t even brown!

I remember when I went for my BT, it was a Friday. I told the nurse who was drawing blood for me. She said if the bleeding wasn’t very heavy, it should be fine. She just asked me to increase my Duphaston to 3x daily. My first HCG level was 249. I was asked to repeat BT on the following Monday because it didn’t make the mark of 250.

On Saturday, the bleeding got heavier. I was so worried so I called my TCM doctor. She is a very experienced doctor. So she asked me to quickly go to TMC and she had liaised with a private gynae for us. She told us when we reached TMC A&E, just asked for this gynae and she would come down. So the private gynae came down and gave a proluton shot. My bleeding was under control but I was still seeing blood and at least it didn’t get heavier.

On Monday I went back for my second BT. My HCG went up to 1085. At night I felt a sharp pain on my left side and I went to O&G. They got me admitted as they suspected I had ectopic pregnancy. They scanned both vagina and abdomen and saw nothing.

I was on drip, in case I needed to go for operation if it’s really an ectopic pregnancy. On Wednesday, they repeated BT and my HCG dropped to 850. It wasn’t a good sign. I was praying very hard. Dr Tan came and said to repeat BT on Friday. If the HCG level dropped again, then it could be a miscarriage. My bleeding somehow stopped on Wednesday.

I repeated BT on Friday and my HCG went up to 1876. Dr Tan came and said it could be a diminishing twin but nothing could be concluded and only time could tell what had happened.

3 weeks later, I did the scan and saw a sac but there wasn’t any heartbeat. So Dr Tan said to scan again one week later.

1 week later, I did the scan and I could see the flickering heartbeat on the screen and I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl 38 weeks later.

We give her a name that means fighter, defender for she kept fighting and holding onto me, despite the odds.

Hi thanks for your information. May i know who is ur tcm. If really bleed i will follow what u did..really thanks for ur info.

Hi thanks for your information. May i know who is ur tcm. If really bleed i will follow what u did..really thanks for ur info.

If it stop should i still get the jab?

If it stop maybe no but if u are worried go to pte dr to get it check. Most pte gynae will be willing to give support jab. Dr sf Loh, dr Marianne Hendricks, dr ct Yeong, dr Roland Chieng, dr Paul Tseng, dr Lc Cheng are all experience ivf dr n no issue in giving support jab. Public hospital will give if u insist n if u are able to find a way to get through to your main dr. Hope this helps.

Hi elia, I had the same reaction to menopour but I 'tahan' all the way. Is there an emergency number for your clinic you can call? I suppose they will ask you to finish up the current medication till u next see the doc. In the meantime I suggest putting ice packs on ur eyes to bring down the swelling. Besides swollen eyes I also had extreme headache and tiredness from menopour.
Thanks Hazel. I decided not to continue for today. The swollen eye is quite bad and I am very uncomfortable. Tomorrow schedule to scan and see doctor again. Will bring it up and see what the doc say. At first I had headache with lucrin. But after a while, i got used to it and no more headache. Are you still taking menopure now? Got feedback to your doctor?

Hi Elia, I 'tahan' through the entire cycle and had the worst results- almost none fertilised but in the end the lab managed to rescue one. Ended up not doing fresh because it was delayed maturation. The embryo is now still frozen. So my logic nowadays is if the medicine makes me feel so horrible, my eggs will probably not be so happy.

I informed the doctor only during the review at the end of the cycle and he will not use menopour for me again.

Hi. Anyone has adenomyosis (endo in the uterus)? May I ask what are the things we should know and look out for when doing ivf? I am diagnosed with mild adenomyosis after a lap surgery.

Thanks in advance!

Hi all,

We did our 1st IVF in 2014 n my boy was born in 2015. We are planning to do another round of IVF. Just want to check is it the same adminstrative procedure as the 1st round IVF? (We didnt hv any frozen from the first round) As my first IVF was 4 long years ago, I just want to also ask whether my hubby n me should go for a checkup again? Thanks in advance.

Hi gals, I have just use pregnancy kit to test on 10dp5dt but result is negative. But I have been feeling tummy cramp.. Is there any chances of BFP for my BT scheduled on this Saturday ?

Hi all,

We did our 1st IVF in 2014 n my boy was born in 2015. We are planning to do another round of IVF. Just want to check is it the same adminstrative procedure as the 1st round IVF? (We didnt hv any frozen from the first round) As my first IVF was 4 long years ago, I just want to also ask whether my hubby n me should go for a checkup again? Thanks in advance.
Yes, you and hubs need to do the blood tests for HIV etc, undergo financial counselling etc.

Hi gals, I have just use pregnancy kit to test on 10dp5dt but result is negative. But I have been feeling tummy cramp.. Is there any chances of BFP for my BT scheduled on this Saturday ?
Yes, there are chances of BFP till BT as BT is the most accurate.

Hi all IVF mommies, i have been following this thread for a few weeks now and i am loving this and i am kinda hooked to reading the different kinds of stories and experiences here.

I am a Muslim and will be doing the IVF procedure in June which is the Raya month. Just wondering if there are any Muslims out there who will be doing it in June as well? I am very excited but nervous at the same time. The fact that we have to jab ourselves making me so furious and worried at the same coz i am soooo afraid of needles!

Hi all, im now on progynova and going for scan next Tuesday. Can i knw what food can help to improve the lining thickness and what is the optimal lining measurement for transfer? Thanks!

Hi all IVF mommies, i have been following this thread for a few weeks now and i am loving this and i am kinda hooked to reading the different kinds of stories and experiences here.

I am a Muslim and will be doing the IVF procedure in June which is the Raya month. Just wondering if there are any Muslims out there who will be doing it in June as well? I am very excited but nervous at the same time. The fact that we have to jab ourselves making me so furious and worried at the same coz i am soooo afraid of needles!
Fret not, think jabbing ownself is seriously ok. I have been jabbing myself all these while and it's really nothing. Just breathe in and stick the needle in and inject and exhale when you pull out the needle.

Hi all, im now on progynova and going for scan next Tuesday. Can i knw what food can help to improve the lining thickness and what is the optimal lining measurement for transfer? Thanks!
8mm is the min lining measurement.

Some say red bean soup, some say black soya bean milk, some say eggs..

Such an inspiring story!

Back