IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi Ladies
It's my first time posting. After intense research on IVF for the past few months, I've finally decided to go for a checkup. My husband and I have been trying to naturally conceive for the past year but it was unsuccessful. I'm doing these research myself and have not approached my husband nor my in-laws regarding this decision for I really don't know how. Can you girls share with me your experience of coaxing your husband into this and were your in-laws aware? I really am in a dilemma of whether or not to tell the people around me like my colleagues, boss and my friends...
hi dear, i can understand how you feel... it's a sensitive issue for most people. for me, my husband told me his issue when we were still in dating period. i was shocked, and i could tell he was very scared to tell me but i tried to make him feel better and just joked and tell him "good i won't be fat". we're very open with our subfertility issue with our family an both sets of parents are aware and very supportive about us going through IVF now.

i think for your case you haven't done any tests yet, your first step is to do a fertility check up. a lot of clinics offer it as a package. have a heart to heart talk with your husband and tell him maybe it's a good idea for the both of you to do a fertility check up... if you are uncomfortable about it, maybe just keep it between you and your husband first. after all, you do not know what the issue is -- or even if there is an issue. once you get the results from the checkup it will certainly shed some light...

it's good to have a support system in place so to me, i think it's helpful to share the ivf journey with our parents and a few of our very good friends... sure they will always chip in with unsolicited advice and be a bit kaypo but it comes from a place of love.

does anyone know if it's confirmed prof going to be on leave in oct? I'm starting my stimm jabs this weekend hopefully my OR and ET won't clash with his leave

The NUH lab will also be closed something in Oct, so it's better you call CHR to check if your dates will clash.

Hi winniewiniepooh,
Hi spinsterella,
My D&C is done by dr shakinah though my doc is PC Wong (as he purely focus on ivf only, he will not do D&C), dr shakinah is a v patient doc, I like her. But I hv not done any ivf under her before, so I m not sure abt her skill. But but but, to give u a boost of confidence, FYI, she is the daughter of pc Wong.

Dr Shakinah is Dr Mary Rauff and Dr Abu Rauff's (a surgeon) daughter.

Last edited:
Anyone here did the egg retrieval but freeze the embryo till a month later (or a few months) then do embryo transfer to the womb? Any difference in chances of frozen embryo (a few months after egg retrieval) vs fresh embryo transfer (immediately after egg retrieval)?

I did that for my first IVF. I had only one embryo and my Dr said my progesterone level was too high so the embryo will not implant. I did the FET the next month and my son is 15mths old now. I just did another fresh cycle and had frozen my 2 embryos and am waiting to do FET when I ovulate. The nurse at CHR and my DR seems to think that I should do FET since I succeeded with FET the first time.

Hi Ladies
This is my first post after being an avid reader of this forum for quite some time. I started my ivf journey with KKH last August and I had I failed IUI and 1 failed fresh transfer thus far. After my fresh transfer, I had went through a polypectomy D&C procedure for polyp removal as doc said the polyp was right in the middle of the womb and will inhibit implantation if not removed. After the removal in early aug, doc had told me my womb is the cleanest and is in good condition for transfer after next menses cycle. Yesterday, I just had a FET transferring a D5 blastocyst. This blastocyst was supposed to be good quality, however, after the thaw, the blastocyst lost some cells and did not re-expand at point of transfer (close to 3 hours since thaw), hence, had become an average quality blastocyst. Nevertheless, doc said the blastocyst transfer could still proceed and hopefully the blastocyst can re-expand soon. I had done some research of online literature, and things do not look very hopeful which made me feel very down. Subsequent to my last failed fresh transfer, other than the removal of polyp, I had also went for acupuncture sessions at Thomson TCM as I really hope to do enough for the cycle to work. Did anyone of you encounter similar situations before (blast did not expand at point of transfer)? What was the outcome?

I know you want some reassurance but please do think positively. Don't feel down. Instead distract yourself and relax. Watch comedies and be optimistic. I succeeded with an average quality, D2, 4 Cell embryo and your blastocyst is better than my D2 so be positive! Don't think negatively. Think that it WILL happen!

The NUH lab will also be closed something in Oct, so it's better you call CHR to check if your dates will clash.
Oh it's looking like my OR and ET might be end Sep, early Oct. Fingers crossed not affected. If anyone knows the exact date that the lab will be closed, please let me know!
If not, I will try and find out this week during my appt and report back with the dates :)

Mine is something like this:
- Go for IVF counseling
- On day 18 of the cycle, start Norethisterone tablet. Take for 10 days
- Prof PC Wong to do a scan after stopping the medication
- 6 days after stopping the tablet, daily jab for 12-14 days depending on how much I need
- After 14 days, is the retrieval of eggs
- 3 to 5 days later is the embryo transfer
hi dear... so what are you going to do now? will you postpone your IVF cycle?

Oh it's looking like my OR and ET might be end Sep, early Oct. Fingers crossed not affected. If anyone knows the exact date that the lab will be closed, please let me know!
If not, I will try and find out this week during my appt and report back with the dates :)
I don't have the dates on hand (its at home) but I do know that the last simulation to be intime before the lab closes is 23rd Sept. so you are safe. as to the leave, there is a chart posted by someone earlier on

My appt is tomorrow. I'll ask them if I remember.

Hi Ladies
It's my first time posting. After intense research on IVF for the past few months, I've finally decided to go for a checkup. My husband and I have been trying to naturally conceive for the past year but it was unsuccessful. I'm doing these research myself and have not approached my husband nor my in-laws regarding this decision for I really don't know how. Can you girls share with me your experience of coaxing your husband into this and were your in-laws aware? I really am in a dilemma of whether or not to tell the people around me like my colleagues, boss and my friends...

Hi JT, As the rest of the sisters here have shared u definitely need hubby's support..it needs to be a shared journey every step of the way..haha I even ask him to read this forum sometimes to understand what we go through. The journey will be stressful and tough but don't let it strain your relationship..continue to go on dates and holidays!

Go for checkups together..Doctors in this field are mostly kind and understanding..jia you!

I had a male boss who wasn't the most understanding and also my female colleagues were mostly younger and not even married yet so I didn't share with anyone at work. I left 4 years into the job recently and thk no one knew as I acted v normal and only took 1 Long leave for my first cycle which I lied was for removal of fibroids.

Hi ladies!

I've just embarked on the IVF journey as well. Started the jabs last week. Been trying for close to 3 years, TCM for nearly 2 years...before we took the plunge. It's been a tough road all these while but we're keeping our hopes up! Anyone doing at SGH too? :)

Hi ladies!

I've just embarked on the IVF journey as well. Started the jabs last week. Been trying for close to 3 years, TCM for nearly 2 years...before we took the plunge. It's been a tough road all these while but we're keeping our hopes up! Anyone doing at SGH too? :)

Hi I did my first ivf in sgh and succeeded. Pregnant with twins but mc 1 during week 9 and have just terminated 1 last sat during week 21 due to abnormalities. It has been a very difficult journey for me and my hub as we have been ttc for past years and decided to go for ivf this year. We thought we were the luckiest one during may when our ivf was a success with a pair of twins but things started falling apart since week 10 when all the bad news came rolling. Despite so I feel sgh CARE has the best nurses and they will really take good care of you. God bless and good luck to you. Hope you will succeed with healthy baby and hope god will continue to look after us and fulfill our desire to have a complete family.

Hi ladies!

I'm about to start on my jabs this weekend... very excited and nervous. My first cycle as well!i'm with NUH under Prof Wong though. The jabs at SGH is it GonalF too?
good luck with your journey.. stay positive and stress free during this period. hugs

I don't have the dates on hand (its at home) but I do know that the last simulation to be intime before the lab closes is 23rd Sept. so you are safe. as to the leave, there is a chart posted by someone earlier on
thank you that's good to know... hope prof is available to do my OR and ET! fingers crossed... how long is the lab closed for anyway? is it for renovations?

Hi Wen822 - sorry to hear about your experience. Our parenthood journey isnt easy but I believe that it's worth it when we hold our little ones in our arms. Continue trying, stay strong and baby dust to us both!

Hi wanbaby234 - I havent started the GonalF jabs...now is a jab to prevent the spontaneous ovulation. First time jab very nervous end up making it worst for myself haha.

Jiayou to all! :)

Go
Hi Wen822 - sorry to hear about your experience. Our parenthood journey isnt easy but I believe that it's worth it when we hold our little ones in our arms. Continue trying, stay strong and baby dust to us both!

Hi wanbaby234 - I havent started the GonalF jabs...now is a jab to prevent the spontaneous ovulation. First time jab very nervous end up making it worst for myself haha.

Jiayou to all! :)

Good luck n all the best !

im on 31 cycle days now.

Expected to ovulate CD 17-19.

Blast transfer + 5 days.

So should be about CD 23-24 ET.

Issit too late?
Has anyone experiencr this and still get a bfp?

I know you want some reassurance but please do think positively. Don't feel down. Instead distract yourself and relax. Watch comedies and be optimistic. I succeeded with an average quality, D2, 4 Cell embryo and your blastocyst is better than my D2 so be positive! Don't think negatively. Think that it WILL happen!
Thanks so much for your encouragement. I really hope my blast will be strong and persistent. I'm still going for my acupuncture sessions with hopes that I'll be the lucky one soon.

Hi Ladies
Hi JamieT
Since both you and your husband are both keen to have kids, you may suggest to him for both of you to go for fertility checks now. Try to identify if there are any problems and see what are the solutions available. For some couples, there may not be any problem at all.
Once you start this journey, you'll realize that it's getting common in SG for couples to seek fertility help. I have procrastinated for too long myself and I realized that my husband and I should have gone for our checks earlier. For me, as we were already prepared to go through the ivf journey, I'd gotten a referral letter from a polyclinic to seek consultation in KKH (govt only provide ivf subsidies for govt hospitals).

Hi Ladies, any tips on applying crinone gel? Every time I twist the tube to open, I have some gel oozing out, making me worry if I still have sufficient dose. Then after squeezing in, I said still see some left over in the tube, when I squeeze further, it will flow out. I think only very little end up in my body after the initial wastage and left over in the body

Hi Ladies, new to the forum but been following this thread.

Did 1st FET with one Day 5 blastocyst on 4/9/17. Woke up today with severe menses-like cramp (in cold sweat) and saw some bright red spotting but gone after few wipes.

Read online it could be implantation related but not feeling hopeful, still having some dull sensation at lower abdomen now.

Any kind advice from ladies with similar experience? Thanks in advance.

Hi Ladies, new to the forum but been following this thread.

Did 1st FET with one Day 5 blastocyst on 4/9/17. Woke up today with severe menses-like cramp (in cold sweat) and saw some bright red spotting but gone after few wipes.

Read online it could be implantation related but not feeling hopeful, still having some dull sensation at lower abdomen now.

Any kind advice from ladies with similar experience? Thanks in advance.
Hi, i also had bleeding similarly like AF before my blood-test in my recent 3rd fresh transfer. spotting & fresh but bright and light bleed for maybe less than 2 days. Thought its over, did my usual crying & feeling sorry for myself over the weekend.

i did a HPT on 10dp3dt & it show negative. But when i did the blood test on 12dp3dt, im shocked to know it was a positive hcg.. but too bad it ended in chemical pregnancy within 1 week.. I learnt from this incident, never trust your body & whatever sign even though i know seeing RED is so scary to us.. In the end, only trust blood test result & also HPT with a slight pinch of salt because sometimes we test too early so it will give us false negative..

Hope this help & wishing you all the best for a BFP!

Hi Ladies, any tips on applying crinone gel? Every time I twist the tube to open, I have some gel oozing out, making me worry if I still have sufficient dose. Then after squeezing in, I said still see some left over in the tube, when I squeeze further, it will flow out. I think only very little end up in my body after the initial wastage and left over in the body

Hi, same thing happen when I twist open the tube. Remembered the pharmacy lady said its ok if there's still remaining gel after squeezing, not possible to get it all out :)

Hi, i also had bleeding similarly like AF before my blood-test in my recent 3rd fresh transfer. spotting & fresh but bright and light bleed for maybe less than 2 days. Thought its over, did my usual crying & feeling sorry for myself over the weekend.

i did a HPT on 10dp3dt & it show negative. But when i did the blood test on 12dp3dt, im shocked to know it was a positive hcg.. but too bad it ended in chemical pregnancy within 1 week.. I learnt from this incident, never trust your body & whatever sign even though i know seeing RED is so scary to us.. In the end, only trust blood test result & also HPT with a slight pinch of salt because sometimes we test too early so it will give us false negative..

Hope this help & wishing you all the best for a BFP!
Sorry to hear about your chemical pregnancy. Hugs..

I read from your previous posts that you are switching to private ivf clinic? How about your existing embryos, if any, at NUH??

Use it fresh from the fridge if you don't want to waste too much. The air in the column actually expands very quickly in room temperature - to push the gel out.

Sorry to hear about your chemical pregnancy. Hugs..

I read from your previous posts that you are switching to private ivf clinic? How about your existing embryos, if any, at NUH??
I don't have any frozen embryos.. I have only 2 x day3 embryos for my previous 2 fresh transfer cycle..

Hoping switching to private with different med & injections regime for next round 4 will yield more eggs/better embryos..

Tested at home yesterday in early afternoon 7dpt5dt and had a very faint positive. But l tried again in last evening and pre dawn today with a different brand from yesterday, both showed negative. I m so disappointed now.:(

At Kkh? Under which doc? Does it work for u?
I was previously on puregon for first cycle. Went for first scan last sat. My next scan is next tue so far away. Unlike previous I need to go back for few scans

At NUH. This is my 2nd cycle.
I was on puregon for my 1st cycle I did at RH where I had 14 eggs but only got 1 fertilized embryo which was my golden one.
For this 2nd cycle, I was on Pergoveris and Gonal F and I had 13 eggs but got 2 fertilized embryo. I'm still waiting to do my FET.

Hi ladies who r on ivf cycle now.. jia you.. just wana drop by n encourage u. dun give up.. cos i think i can succeed so can u all. I hv low egg reserve onli 0.7 n i went thru 4 fresh n 2 fet n during my last fresh cycle i only yield 1 follicle during egg retrieval onli 1 egg.. this golden egg is my 11 mth old son..

Use it fresh from the fridge if you don't want to waste too much. The air in the column actually expands very quickly in room temperature - to push the gel out.
Thanks ladies for the advise. I have put it in fridge but the gel still flow out. Hmm. Anyway How many crinone gel do u ladies apply in a day? I was only told to put one per day in the morning and no other support was given. Making me feel insecure. Understand that I trigger with ovidrel, so less support needed?

Hi ladies who r on ivf cycle now.. jia you.. just wana drop by n encourage u. dun give up.. cos i think i can succeed so can u all. I hv low egg reserve onli 0.7 n i went thru 4 fresh n 2 fet n during my last fresh cycle i only yield 1 follicle during egg retrieval onli 1 egg.. this golden egg is my 11 mth old son..
Thanks for the encouragement. Really appreciate it. I also have very Low reserve as well. For the past few tries, I either end up with 1 embryo or even nothing to transfer at all, was really disappointing. I have to start fresh every cycle, do not have chance to freeze any at all.

Similar to me.. i had only 1 fertilized embryo and my son is 15mths old! So it's the quality and not quantity. Jiayou everybody! Worry less, relax more.

Yes.. jia you.. ivf is a no game.. as long as u dun give up i believe all of us will deserved a rainbow baby..
My previous doc actually gave up on me after 3 fresh n 2 fet cos given the highest dosage but still onli produced a few eggs n the quality sucks.. so she suggest me to look for egg donor but i refuse n decided to change doc.. so luckily i changed to dr tan hh.. n i finally succeed.

Yes.. jia you.. ivf is a no game.. as long as u dun give up i believe all of us will deserved a rainbow baby..
My previous doc actually gave up on me after 3 fresh n 2 fet cos given the highest dosage but still onli produced a few eggs n the quality sucks.. so she suggest me to look for egg donor but i refuse n decided to change doc.. so luckily i changed to dr tan hh.. n i finally succeed.

Congrats!! How did you succeed? Did Dr Tan HH change your treatment?

Thanks ladies for the advise. I have put it in fridge but the gel still flow out. Hmm. Anyway How many crinone gel do u ladies apply in a day? I was only told to put one per day in the morning and no other support was given. Making me feel insecure. Understand that I trigger with ovidrel, so less support needed?

I was asked to apply 2 times a day before FET. Was yours a medicated or natural FET? Mine is medicated.. I was taking progynova since CD2 and it suppresses ovulation so I won't have natural progesterone rising.

Congrats!! How did you succeed? Did Dr Tan HH change your treatment?

Yes i request for natural ivf but he doesnt do natural ivf so he suggest min stimulation using the lowest dosage.. which i m ok with it bcos initially i wanted natural ivf is bcos despite using max dosage to stimulate for all my previous cycle the result is no good the quality is so poor. And to me my egg reseve is super low 0.7 so even max dosage wont give my more eggs..
And who knows my onli embryo turns out to be a good quality 2 days embryo which is my 11 mth old son now..
I personally feel is the amount of stimulation actually affects my egg quality so i m gald i made a good choice..

For me I just put them in my room and when wanna use, hold it horizontal and twist it open. There will be a bit that will come out and I remember the Pharmacists said that the gel inside is more than enough so don't worry even if there is a bit left in the tube.

What did your dr say? Because it depends on the levels of your hormones also.

Unfortunately, for FET they dont measure p4 level. Im under kkh and this will be my 2nd FET. Will be undergoing natural cycle... 1st fet was medicated and it didnt work for me. 2 days after ET , my menses came (CD 28).. it came on the dot.

Yes i request for natural ivf but he doesnt do natural ivf so he suggest min stimulation using the lowest dosage.. which i m ok with it bcos initially i wanted natural ivf is bcos despite using max dosage to stimulate for all my previous cycle the result is no good the quality is so poor. And to me my egg reseve is super low 0.7 so even max dosage wont give my more eggs..
And who knows my onli embryo turns out to be a good quality 2 days embryo which is my 11 mth old son now..
I personally feel is the amount of stimulation actually affects my egg quality so i m gald i made a good choice..

Hi Michelle, can I know what's the dosage and inj u took for the min stimulation?
I also have v Low AMH, at 0.6. Am 34 years old . I failed my 2 fresh cycle, there's no implantation at all. Am currently in my 3rd and today is the 14dp2dt and I think the embryo failed to implant again as I'm having dark brown clots and some fresh blood. Similar symptoms with my previous 2 failed cycle.

For my previous 2 cycle and this current cycle, Dr Tan HH actually gave me the highest dosage of stimm due to my Low amh.

I have 1 frozen left from my 1st cycle. and I am considering to see Dr Sheila, like what some ladies here suggesting to see if there's any issue with my body internally.

This is such a tough journey, mentally, emotionally, physically.. and after using the grants for 3 fresh, my only hope is the frozen. If not the next consideration is to move to private clinic. Kkh waiting time is really bad

I was asked to apply 2 times a day before FET. Was yours a medicated or natural FET? Mine is medicated.. I was taking progynova since CD2 and it suppresses ovulation so I won't have natural progesterone rising.
Mine is fresh cycle. No other support given except for the once a day crinone gel.

Do you still remember what dosage were you given? And how many embryos were retrieved?

Back