IVF/ICSI Support Group

Next Monday BT so is 3 more days? Slightly on off cramps, no spotting, nothing else

My 1st fresh failed cycle, spotting came 1 week earlier and mens come after 2 days...

Mixed feelings... :(
3 more days left then u should wait. My failed cycle also menses came before blood test. Try to think positive.

I agree that you need to be really brave to self test. I don't think I can self test and react to a single line. Think I'll wait till BT. But KKH's test date is 4 days later than usual cycle.. if menses don't come by test date, should have good chances.

I just survived 1/2 day of 5dt. Oh gosh. I'm bored. Watched 5 eps of a drama. Can't wait for time to pass.

Think the worst feel is going back to work after long leave, and try to smile to every one and say, "I'm fine, thank you."

Don't know how to bring up to my boss that I'm going for another cycle again in a few months time. Heard from nurse that KKH queue is until April Liao.

Hi all, I just did my day 5 transfer today. Really happy to have 2 more days to prep my heart for a immobile 2 weeks or more. I transferred two and counting down to blood test.

Time to watch the Korean dramas and rest a lot.

At KKH, they don't reveal much on grading. They detailed out how many fertilized, grading above 3 and pretty good on day 3, reason why cultivating to blast, now good too etc. This actually helps me not to think too much.

I won't know how many I'm freezing yet. I have 4 more embryos on further observation.
Hi sister, how many eggs did you retrieved this round ? Long protocol or short protocol ? What grade of the embryo when u transferred ?

Hi sister, how many eggs did you retrieved this round ? Long protocol or short protocol ? What grade of the embryo when u transferred ?

Hi, I was on a short protocol at KKH. Retrieved 18 eggs, 16 are matured. By day 3, I have 9 embryos left of grade 4 and 5. They were cultivated to blast. Day 5, I transferred 2 blasts. They are early blast. But my first blasts as I don't have any from first cycle.

Hi, I was on a short protocol at KKH. Retrieved 18 eggs, 16 are matured. By day 3, I have 9 embryos left of grade 4 and 5. They were cultivated to blast. Day 5, I transferred 2 blasts. They are early blast. But my first blasts as I don't have any from first cycle.
Wah~~~ such good results you have

Amieeten,
Thats excellent news! I can feel u ... i had a disaster 2nd fresh to a much better 3rd fresh with 4 good grades blastocysts. Sometimes tweaks in our drs protocol as well as the supplements really make a difference in the outcome.

All the best and enjoy your 2WW.

Wah... your results are very good!

Hi all, thank you. I was very happy on day 3 when Doctor told me that I'm going to cultivate the embryos to blasts. But I was a little disappointed yest cos the 2 I transferred were just early blasts, not the good blasts. The rest are still under observation.

Anyway, I'll just keep praying and praying for a BFP. This cycle is an improvement from previous. I'm happy to know that hubby and my efforts are not wasted.

Hi all, I just went for my et and told that by my dr he will blast my 8 embryo to day 4 and suggest to put 1 embryo for implant and I had miscarriage w identical twins before ...he let mi decide whether to put 1 or 2 embryo... I not sure whether put 1 or 2 embryo?

Hi all, I just went for my et and told that by my dr he will blast my 8 embryo to day 4 and suggest to put 1 embryo for implant and I had miscarriage w identical twins before ...he let mi decide whether to put 1 or 2 embryo... I not sure whether put 1 or 2 embryo?
Karen,
Day 4 for embryo growth will be a compacting/cavitating morula and not blast yet unless ur embryos are super fast.
If its just morula, I will suggest go for 2 !

Karen,
Day 4 for embryo growth will be a compacting/cavitating morula and not blast yet unless ur embryos are super fast.
If its just morula, I will suggest go for 2 !
Thank..i know put 2 will have higher chance but my dr scare my body can't carry twins..

Hi all, thank you. I was very happy on day 3 when Doctor told me that I'm going to cultivate the embryos to blasts. But I was a little disappointed yest cos the 2 I transferred were just early blasts, not the good blasts. The rest are still under observation.

Anyway, I'll just keep praying and praying for a BFP. This cycle is an improvement from previous. I'm happy to know that hubby and my efforts are not wasted.
Hi Amiee,
At least it's a blast, means it's already very good! Be positive...

Hi Everyone,

I'm relatively new here. Can I ask if it's normal for our period to be very heavy after a failed ivf cycle? I have found clots and blood red tissue like materials (approx 5cm) as well and it's a bit worrying. How long will it take before our normal cycles resume?

Thanks so much in advance.

Hi Everyone,

I'm relatively new here. Can I ask if it's normal for our period to be very heavy after a failed ivf cycle? I have found clots and blood red tissue like materials (approx 5cm) as well and it's a bit worrying. How long will it take before our normal cycles resume?

Thanks so much in advance.
welcome :)
it's normal as the meds you take would promote lining to be thick for better implantation. going back to normal can be 2 to 4 months, depends on individual. as long as you are not changing pads too often, e.g. every hour, it is acceptable.

welcome :)
it's normal as the meds you take would promote lining to be thick for better implantation. going back to normal can be 2 to 4 months, depends on individual. as long as you are not changing pads too often, e.g. every hour, it is acceptable.

Thanks very much for your advice MichNg!

Thank you. Hubby told me that to stay positive. I am trying to.

To me, the toughest part of ivf is not the injection or acupuncture, but the 2ww... nothing much to do, but to wonder about the outcome. Let's try to stay positive regardless of what.
When's ur BT? Let's count down together...

Hi cat,
I'm starting 2nd fresh anytime once my Menses reports this month..with dr Tan at KKH. Which hospital/clinic u with?
And What's Nor-E?
Baby dust to us all!

I am starting in Nov/Dec cycle.

Starting Nor-E this weekend and stimming should be in 2 weeks' time.

(Fingers Crossed) ER and ET should be in Dec.

Any cycle buddies? :)

Hi cat,
I'm starting 2nd fresh anytime once my Menses reports this month..with dr Tan at KKH. Which hospital/clinic u with?
And What's Nor-E?
Baby dust to us all!

Hi Cen, I am with NUH Dr Stephen Chew. Nor-E is Norethisterone, I think only NUH uses this.

Have you started the jabs?

Yeah baby dust to all! :)

958a6cf01ccc6959114108d42dd1e46f.jpg

hi all, has anyone used this HPT before? Any idea about the HCG sensitivity? I can't read Mandarin so am not too sure.

958a6cf01ccc6959114108d42dd1e46f.jpg

hi all, has anyone used this HPT before? Any idea about the HCG sensitivity? I can't read Mandarin so am not too sure.

Yes I have used this brand and also the David brand before. I would say the David brand is more accurate.

This Xiu Er brand is not bad too. I used the LH (test for ovulation) and it was accurate.

It's good to watch comedies and be on sofa rest during 2ww. Not total bedrest but sofa rest ie. still walk around a bit.

Btw, did you change anything for your 2nd cycle to get better results?
Mine first cycle, I had 15 eggs retrieved but only 1 fertilized normally. Am thinking of doing a 2nd cycle in a few months and perhaps would like to ask the dr to change protocol.

thank u happy0428 and cat in thr sky! just wanted to prepare myself before my beta this Friday. *prays hard*
Hi Vk85, have you tried testing? Excited for you! My BT is next Wed, few days after yours. But I don't dare to test. Can't handle any disappointment. I'm just praying for a success and no spotting. So scare of going toilet these days.

It's good to watch comedies and be on sofa rest during 2ww. Not total bedrest but sofa rest ie. still walk around a bit.

Btw, did you change anything for your 2nd cycle to get better results?
Mine first cycle, I had 15 eggs retrieved but only 1 fertilized normally. Am thinking of doing a 2nd cycle in a few months and perhaps would like to ask the dr to change protocol.

Hi, I did some changes. Firstly, I switched from NUH to KKH. Secondly, started going for acupuncture since June this year. During stimulation period, it's daily acupuncture to get the optimal egg size. Need to be 18mm and above. Whatever yucky medication from tcm, I drank. I'm still drink the 安胎medication from tcm during this 2ww too.

Hubby went for weekly acupuncture and ate or drank whatever yucky medication that tcm gave.

I believe tcm helps a lot for both of us.

This is a tougher fresh cycle due to long waits at KKH and more injections. Hopefully and praying hard for a BFP. Wonder what it feels like to see 2 lines on pregnancy kit. I pray I'll see it real soon.

Hi Vk85, have you tried testing? Excited for you! My BT is next Wed, few days after yours. But I don't dare to test. Can't handle any disappointment. I'm just praying for a success and no spotting. So scare of going toilet these days.
I am the reverse of you. I was hoping to see slight staining rather than the current symptom-less situation. Think this cycle no hope liao. :(

hi AmieeTen, actually I did test from 6dp3dt and it's a BFP and getting slightly darker at 8dp3dt today! But I'm very cautious as the last cycle, I also BFP-ed but started spotting a few days later and eventually lost the pregnancy a week later. So my short term goal is to make it to beta without any spotting. I am also running to the toilet each time i feel something, paranoid of spotting. let's Jiayou together!!

I am the reverse of you. I was hoping to see slight staining rather than the current symptom-less situation. Think this cycle no hope liao. :(
hehehe, hoping to see pinkish implantation spotting har! Relax! Some women breeze through with a BFP without symptoms. You could be one of them! Jia you!

Back