IVF/ICSI Support Group

Thanks shiro_ger.

How long do they usually take from 14 to 17? Two days possible?

Cannot catch the timeline siah, though I've preempt my boss and team, but still feels a bit haphazard.

I'll try to take more eggs and keep positive! We just need 1 good one right? :)

Almonddearie this is ur first cycle?

Forgot to say, my lining at day 13 only 7.5, triple lining. Humbaobao was already at 7.5 on her day 8.

Is mine okay? I'm more worried about my lining issue becos I have a weird menses pattern. I recall some sisters mention about triple lining which is positive?
Nothing to worry about. Triple lining is positive.
Don't compare with hum baobao as you both react differently to medication. :)

Hello ladies, during the stimulation period, if you encounter very bad headache, how you all handle? Do you all take panadol to stop the pain? What happened if you are sick during those stimulation period? Do we have to give up the procedure?

Or if we are sick during the 2ww? Do you go see doc and take medication? Im kind of worried as recently on the way to work, alot of people are coughing and sneezing in the train:(. Ill be starting my cycle soon i want to be healthy.

Thanks shiro_ger.

How long do they usually take from 14 to 17? Two days possible?

Cannot catch the timeline siah, though I've preempt my boss and team, but still feels a bit haphazard.

I'll try to take more eggs and keep positive! We just need 1 good one right? :)
The growth is about 1-2mm per day and after trigger jab, growth will be slightly faster.
I ever countered a jump from 16 to 22 within 3 days. That one i sacrificed coz the rest of my follicle size are more uniformed in sizing.

Hello ladies, during the stimulation period, if you encounter very bad headache, how you all handle? Do you all take panadol to stop the pain? What happened if you are sick during those stimulation period? Do we have to give up the procedure?

Or if we are sick during the 2ww? Do you go see doc and take medication? Im kind of worried as recently on the way to work, alot of people are coughing and sneezing in the train:(. Ill be starting my cycle soon i want to be healthy.
We are allowed to take Panadol / paracetamol during stim. I had headaches Everyday this cycle. Sick - depends on how bad. Usually at ER, nurse will ask if u hv cough or flu.... Which I think is for them to monitor ur sedation dose.

Forgot to say, my lining at day 13 only 7.5, triple lining. Humbaobao was already at 7.5 on her day 8.

Is mine okay? I'm more worried about my lining issue becos I have a weird menses pattern. I recall some sisters mention about triple lining which is positive?
Actually you dun need to worry if have triple lining or not. Of coz having triple is good, but it doesn't guarantee a bfp. I bfp-ed without a triple lining. Ultimately, it still broils down to the quality of your transferred embies, ya?

Actually you dun need to worry if have triple lining or not. Of coz having triple is good, but it doesn't guarantee a bfp. I bfp-ed without a triple lining. Ultimately, it still broils down to the quality of your transferred embies, ya?
Same here, bfp twice without triple lining but mc within 2 weeks.

The growth is about 1-2mm per day and after trigger jab, growth will be slightly faster.
I ever countered a jump from 16 to 22 within 3 days. That one i sacrificed coz the rest of my follicle size are more uniformed in sizing.

After trigger shot they will scan again?

When u c doc u can ask for paper n pen to write down..

I am d10 today

I aso jus finish my scan.
Lining 8.4 triple

R 15/ 12/ 13.5/ 12.5/ 11/ 11/ 10/ 9/ 9/ 8
L 15/ 15/ 13/ 9/ 11/ 8.5/ 8/ 7

Most likely my er will be on sat on mon.

Mon they told me they looking at 17
Your progress looks really good!

Lol it really didn't cross my mind to bring in paper. I thought they will jot down on the form which has my prescriptions. Tried hard to memorize... But failed.

My lining doesn't look too good ...

Lol it really didn't cross my mind to bring in paper. I thought they will jot down on the form which has my prescriptions. Tried hard to memorize... But failed.

Paper n pen u aso can get from the doc.. Lol! But today i bring my own!! I jus go accupuncture come out.. Pain pain today

Sisters after my mc and pain episode I was admitted for 6 days as sharp pain on right and left side kept coming back. Doctor decided to do laprascopy. Inside was a big big mess ....blood clots due to bad endo and had bowel adhesions seems like. Womb was swollen like 14 weeks preggy. Only good thing lining was lining was good and no womb scarring. Cleaned up everything. Was hospitalized for 10 days and paid 40k at private hospital. Totally unexpected. So in summary since ttc in 2010 I went thru 4 laprascopy 3 ivf fresh 2 fet and 3 mc. OMG!!! Surprised to be still alive as felt like dying during the pain attacks and after surgery. Doctor put me on 6 mth lucrin to supress menses and shrink womb due to adeno and I will do my 4th fresh in dec. Will do pre pregnancy tests with Dr Choolani in Oct. It's really rough trying painful journey. Physically emotionally and financially drained and strained. Somehow the mind and heart still have hope and faith and shall learn to be strong and pursue in this ttc. After going thru so much and since managed to conceive thrice I convince myself that am so close to success. Matter of time after healing. Jia you sisters.

Sisters after my mc and pain episode I was admitted for 6 days as sharp pain on right and left side kept coming back. Doctor decided to do laprascopy. Inside was a big big mess ....blood clots due to bad endo and had bowel adhesions seems like. Womb was swollen like 14 weeks preggy. Only good thing lining was lining was good and no womb scarring. Cleaned up everything. Was hospitalized for 10 days and paid 40k at private hospital. Totally unexpected. So in summary since ttc in 2010 I went thru 4 laprascopy 3 ivf fresh 2 fet and 3 mc. OMG!!! Surprised to be still alive as felt like dying during the pain attacks and after surgery. Doctor put me on 6 mth lucrin to supress menses and shrink womb due to adeno and I will do my 4th fresh in dec. Will do pre pregnancy tests with Dr Choolani in Oct. It's really rough trying painful journey. Physically emotionally and financially drained and strained. Somehow the mind and heart still have hope and faith and shall learn to be strong and pursue in this ttc. Jia you sisters.
Hugs, mesara. You are a very strong woman!

Sisters after my mc and pain episode I was admitted for 6 days as sharp pain on right and left side kept coming back. Doctor decided to do laprascopy. Inside was a big big mess ....blood clots due to bad endo and had bowel adhesions seems like. Womb was swollen like 14 weeks preggy. Only good thing lining was lining was good and no womb scarring. Cleaned up everything. Was hospitalized for 10 days and paid 40k at private hospital. Totally unexpected. So in summary since ttc in 2010 I went thru 4 laprascopy 3 ivf fresh 2 fet and 3 mc. OMG!!! Surprised to be still alive as felt like dying during the pain attacks and after surgery. Doctor put me on 6 mth lucrin to supress menses and shrink womb due to adeno and I will do my 4th fresh in dec. Will do pre pregnancy tests with Dr Choolani in Oct. It's really rough trying painful journey. Physically emotionally and financially drained and strained. Somehow the mind and heart still have hope and faith and shall learn to be strong and pursue in this ttc. After going thru so much and since managed to conceive thrice I convince myself that am so close to success. Matter of time after healing. Jia you sisters.
You are really strong lady. Salute! Please take good care. Hope you recover well and will achieve your positive outcome soon! Jia you!

dont worry, 7.5 is ok because you still have 2-3 more days before transfer so it will build up a bit more. most importantly is your embryo, the one that can make it will do:p

omg! i am glad you are ok now as it is no joke to go through clean up op like this. You are so brave to attempt again that soon in Dec. keep up the good faith and spirit! So are your med bills all subsidized?

You are really a v v strong person...
To think that I was upset for my unsuccessful embryo transfer...
Hard work do pay off... Believe that one day we will be holding on to the prize on our hand...
Many Hugsss to you!

omg! i am glad you are ok now as it is no joke to go through clean up op like this. You are so brave to attempt again that soon in Dec. keep up the good faith and spirit! So are your med bills all subsidized?
Ya I didn't expect this surgery but since pain kept coming even after I expelled all tissues doc decided lap to clean up. Insurance shud be able to claim major bill I think as it's endo related n not pregnancy. Pregnancy no insurance cover at all I think.

I am also a normal human being and when in hospital even thought of dying rather than go thru the suffering. Was having depression crying all the time. Hubby was my biggest pillar of support in this journey. Thank god for what I have and pray for what I will be given. Think 6 months rest shud be good enough. Now focus on healing.

When u c doc u can ask for paper n pen to write down..

I am d10 today

I aso jus finish my scan.
Lining 8.4 triple

R 15/ 12/ 13.5/ 12.5/ 11/ 11/ 10/ 9/ 9/ 8
L 15/ 15/ 13/ 9/ 11/ 8.5/ 8/ 7

Most likely my er will be on sat on mon.

Mon they told me they looking at 17
This is definitely a good sign.

Ya I didn't expect this surgery but since pain kept coming even after I expelled all tissues doc decided lap to clean up. Insurance shud be able to claim major bill I think as it's endo related n not pregnancy. Pregnancy no insurance cover at all I think.

I am also a normal human being and when in hospital even thought of dying rather than go thru the suffering. Was having depression crying all the time. Hubby was my biggest pillar of support in this journey. Thank god for what I have and pray for what I will be given. Think 6 months rest shud be good enough. Now focus on healing.
wow mesara you are really strong-willed. I am so glad you got to claim most of it. I pray that all this pain and suffering will have a beautiful ending for your next cycle!

yeah I think stms we don't give enough credit to our hubbies. At times I wonder if we go through so much because we are gifted in other areas (wonderful hubbies, supportive families, financial security etc). Glad your hubby is there for u!! rest well now :)

U are almost there le. Bundle of joy coming soon. Jia you

Yes should be able to claim. . 40k is a lot for lap surgery so ins co may question . Just make sure your gynae don't write anything fertility related

Oh dear! Get well soon and rest well!!! *hugs*

Jia you! One day we will definitely hold our bundle of joy in our arms!

i would think a breakdown is really normal in this situation of yours... I would be down too if i were you. thank goodness that you have walked out of this and back on track, healing physically and mentally is important. This journey is arduous. Jiayou!!!!

U r one strong woman! My fren multiple miscariages.seen dr.choolani finaly she got to hold her very own bundle of joy...rest well.. Take care...

Any ladies took vitamin D-3 as part of u daily supplements? Can this still be continued on until proven pregnant?

May I know if trigger shot is self-jab or done at the hospital? Also on abdominal area?
Trigger shot done by nurse.need to come down as per timing instructed and receive the jab ..i opted for butt as more fleshy and prior inject i told the nurse i need to ice...Painless feeling..

Last edited:
Humbaobao, are you still on stim jabs? Continue all the way until trigger jab?

I dunno jab till when lei.. She only say tml scan den decide whether sat or mon er.. I haf to rch kkh early cos i going to work after tat... Paiseh to mc again cos today already mc... Den after work go acupuncture

Do u think I can ask kkh to arrange for my hub to store his sperms in the hosp even b4 I go for the doctor review?
Yes, kkh do freeze sperm for various reasons you may have. However, some doctor do not encourage as sperms may not survive the thawing process. Can call to find out more :)

Nurse told me butt more pain?
First cycle I did the butt, pain. Second cycle the nurse told me since I wear shorts then do on my thigh, more muscle will feel less pain. Not true loh, everywhere is pain die me, is the pregynl medicine that goes into our veins that make it so painful
next cycle I shall try @hajar method

All the best for your cycle jia you @humbaobao :)

First cycle I did the butt, pain. Second cycle the nurse told me since I wear shorts then do on my thigh, more muscle will feel less pain. Not true loh, everywhere is pain die me, is the pregynl medicine that goes into our veins that make it so painful
next cycle I shall try @hajar method

All the best for your cycle jia you @humbaobao :)
Im the type whose scared of needles.So anywhere inject also will be pain no mater hw muscular that part is...So my tactic is ice few mins before any injection.Even if nurse need to jab for u i will tell them i need to ice first.So far dey nvr say no to me...And thruout im painless and no bruise...

Last edited:

I dunno jab till when lei.. She only say tml scan den decide whether sat or mon er.. I haf to rch kkh early cos i going to work after tat... Paiseh to mc again cos today already mc... Den after work go acupuncture
Aiyah...I still thought at some point before ER can stop if scan shows progress doing fine! :p

Nurse will scan and after than doc will see you to explain progress? You still continuing on both Gonal F and orgalutren since first scan? Yesterday was my first day doing both at same time hope can tahan both all the way to ER. Don't know why the more I jab the more I scared scared and feel more pain.

Back