IVF/ICSI Support Group

Is there just 2 types - private patient and subsidised? If im not subsidised patient and usually see dr thh everytime, im considered private?
Private also get to use your medisave + co fund one. Just that non private has lower cost plus all the funding.

Is there just 2 types - private patient and subsidised? If im not subsidised patient and usually see dr thh everytime, im considered private?
Private also get to use your medisave + co fund one. Just that non private has lower cost plus all the funding.

At KKH. Usually private patient will be reviewed by own Gynae. Normal u/s will be done by Gynae himself too. Unless its detailed scan then by sonographer as their machine is 10x better and cost higher then in Gynae rooms.

maybe u might want to check with them again.
Yokoe, do u mean own gynae will do the normal u/s and review for ivf or for pregnant patients?

Thanks muff. The subsidy is the same, but just the cost may be lower for subsidised right? A bit confused coz someone said for private patient, ur gynae will do the scans and review for u. So i was wondering if got other categories of private, coz i dont see tth at my scans until retrieval.

What is short protocol and long protocol?

Do you mean u hv 16 follicles? May i ask y only 1 ET?
Just saw dr tth and asked him. Short protocol is the norm, with daily jabs for abt 10days - 2 weeks. Long protocol, u start the jabs earlier for abt 3-4weeks. He usually doesnt recommend long protocol unless u hv certain issues like severe endometrisis and need more meds to suppress.

Thanks muff. The subsidy is the same, but just the cost may be lower for subsidised right? A bit confused coz someone said for private patient, ur gynae will do the scans and review for u. So i was wondering if got other categories of private, coz i dont see tth at my scans until retrieval.
I doubt it. I'm private but the scans after ivf starts will be in the scan room. Dr tan only scans for u like first visit or necessary when you see him. After ivf starts you won't see him till egg retrieval day and et. unless your scans are complicated, you will get to see him.

For my clinic, nurse told us still insert as usual and won't affect ET. Dr Loh will clean the V area with saline water before the ET as part of the procedure. But like Dreamscometrue mentioned, diff clinic or doc may have diff practice so best you call your clinic to confirm. Don't worry too much. All the best ya.
Okok. Thanks DawnBB

I am new to Singapore. TTC for 5 years and have a few miscarriages and 1 failed IVF. Planning for an IVF in 3-4 months, can someone recommend a good acupuncture and TCM doctor who is also reasonably priced and in central area, I live on River Valley Road. Also any good do tore I can meet for an IUI and how much does that cost roughly in SG. TIA

Hi ladies, update is hcg is still going up. We've decided to take the MTX jab. Hope to have some closure soon. At least I don't have to keep monitoring myself. Have to do the blood test game again next Thursday.

hi ladies im quite new here. fail my 1st cycle, and schedule to see dr tan on 22 april. Im just looking so forward to the 2nd cycle and hope that i hit jackport. Jiayou ladies. :)
Hi Jennycsy, all e best to our next cycle. Build Yr body strong n ready to strike jackpot soon. Jiayou

Ya I think it's letrozole femera, that's the full name of the drug? Hopefully will be lucky 5.

I'm with tan hh. Not enough money to go private.

Read abt your story too... Indeed it's hard on you... U r brave too. Hope things will go smoothly for u.
Tsf0205, all e best to receive ur good news soon. Jiayou

Hi ladies, update is hcg is still going up. We've decided to take the MTX jab. Hope to have some closure soon. At least I don't have to keep monitoring myself. Have to do the blood test game again next Thursday.

Did the hcg double? Could it be a viable pregnancy?

Never doubled ever since first beta. It can never be viable. At week 5+ I should be in thousands. I'm only 580.

I feel you. Hugs. Build up your body meanwhile and try again the next cycle.

I'm stopping all the cold stuffs and drink plain water with chia seeds whenever possible. Hope to build up my body meanwhile. Going to start on my vitamins too.

I feel you. Hugs. Build up your body meanwhile and try again the next cycle.

I'm stopping all the cold stuffs and drink plain water with chia seeds whenever possible. Hope to build up my body meanwhile. Going to start on my vitamins too.

I hor, supplements for 4 yrs , ate tcm for 2 years, initially did acupuncture also Aiyo do so many things still no results. Can die .. Hopefully I will be luckier soon.

I hor, supplements for 4 yrs , ate tcm for 2 years, initially did acupuncture also Aiyo do so many things still no results. Can die .. Hopefully I will be luckier soon.
Actually I think too much supplements might do more harm than good. For me, I was with Sinchong Tcm for 6 mths, TSB for 1 year but still fail. After stopped Tcm for some time, I went to amk accupunture for abt 3 mths before my FET. Not sure was it helpful.. Initially really did feel my body warmer, but after a while like no effect, but I still continue with it faithfully. Didn't take much of its meds though..

Can understand you @muff .. i also have being taking tcm for a few years.. tried naturally but no result too... am still not giving up and believe 1 day my wish will come true.. jiayou x2

Actually I think too much supplements might do more harm than good. For me, I was with Sinchong Tcm for 6 mths, TSB for 1 year but still fail. After stopped Tcm for some time, I went to amk accupunture for abt 3 mths before my FET. Not sure was it helpful.. Initially really did feel my body warmer, but after a while like no effect, but I still continue with it faithfully. Didn't take much of its meds though..
Ya lor. So how I only take vitC, folic, vit D and Royal jelly haha the rest all stop for a while liao

Can understand you @muff .. i also have being taking tcm for a few years.. tried naturally but no result too... am still not giving up and believe 1 day my wish will come true.. jiayou x2
I'm so Sian leh. 4 cycles liao still no results OMG. Haven't given up but almost there ahah

am i too old for tat isn't very suffer how is the procedure so many question mark on my head
I don't think it's late. May I ask how old are you? Procedure wise can be very overwhelming for the first time. Which clinic are you thinking of going ? Then I can advise accordingly. I've done cycles with tmc, tfc and now kkh

I don't think it's late. May I ask how old are you? Procedure wise can be very overwhelming for the first time. Which clinic are you thinking of going ? Then I can advise accordingly. I've done cycles with tmc, tfc and now kkh
i m 36. can i pm you tks

I'm so Sian leh. 4 cycles liao still no results OMG. Haven't given up but almost there ahah
Don say that @muff see andy lau & wife for example.. they also been trying despite of their age and apart they are rich :D... so we also cannot give up... we are here to give each of us moral support..

Don say that @muff see andy lau & wife for example.. they also been trying despite of their age and apart they are rich :D... so we also cannot give up... we are here to give each of us moral support..
Hahaha. Honestly when you are 50 it's very hard to raise a kid. Sighs. I also wonder where's my own limit. Cannot keep trying also .. Maybe not fated to have a kid!

Hahaha. Honestly when you are 50 it's very hard to raise a kid. Sighs. I also wonder where's my own limit. Cannot keep trying also .. Maybe not fated to have a kid!

I can tell that u r a strong girl. Fighting!

I also dont know what is my limit. Lucky my in-law are understanding and they are not giving us pressure.

Jia you and may our wishes come true very soon.

I can tell that u r a strong girl. Fighting!

I also dont know what is my limit. Lucky my in-law are understanding and they are not giving us pressure.

Jia you and may our wishes come true very soon.
Ya so are my in laws. They are like if have have lor. Don't have also cannot force but it makes me more guilty!!

JIAYOU together !

Ya so are my in laws. They are like if have have lor. Don't have also cannot force but it makes me more guilty!!

JIAYOU together !

You are so fortunate. Ever since my in laws know that i am on ivf, they think i am a machine. After fail, only will ask, when do again. Wont think how taxing it is on my body.

You are so fortunate. Ever since my in laws know that i am on ivf, they think i am a machine. After fail, only will ask, when do again. Wont think how taxing it is on my body.
wow thats bad... do they really understand the process that you are going through or not? :confused:

wow thats bad... do they really understand the process that you are going through or not? :confused:

Apparently not. For my 3rd cycle, hubby told them immediately after et. They take it that i am already pregnant. When later tell them it is a fail, mil say how can it be...already put in how can not be pregnant...

Before she know i am doing ivf, she got hint to me. Say her friend do before, in hokkien, "zeng eh"...meaning to plant? So she thinks is as easy as planting her chilli plant.

I just confirmed with pregnancy two weeks after embryo transfer but my tummy was bloated as if I was at least 3-4 months pregnant ever since the embryo transfer and it is just getting bigger. I wonder if this is normal due to the hormone medicine I have been taking either the gel or now the oral type. I need to urinate very often and I cannot sleep on my side as I feel the pain when I press either right or left side of my tummy, so I cannot really have a good sleep every night. I feel very down as my jeans and pants can't fit anymore and not to lead any questions from colleagues I tried to wear loose clothes that I can only repeat the same almost every week. Anyone experienced the same as me? Did your tummy back to normal once you stop the hormone medicine? Thank you.

I just confirmed with pregnancy two weeks after embryo transfer but my tummy was bloated as if I was at least 3-4 months pregnant ever since the embryo transfer and it is just getting bigger. I wonder if this is normal due to the hormone medicine I have been taking either the gel or now the oral type. I need to urinate very often and I cannot sleep on my side as I feel the pain when I press either right or left side of my tummy, so I cannot really have a good sleep every night. I feel very down as my jeans and pants can't fit anymore and not to lead any questions from colleagues I tried to wear loose clothes that I can only repeat the same almost every week. Anyone experienced the same as me? Did your tummy back to normal once you stop the hormone medicine? Thank you.

Back