IVF/ICSI Support Group

@muff Hahaha. Grade 4 is good enuf la. Hehe.

U mean u r in yr ofc now? Wow. U r really amazing leh. Jiayou!! When is yr next apptm with Dr Tan HH? Still need to go for any further blood test?
ya lor in office. tomorrow. I need to go for beta again to check levels.... if drops naturally then wohooo! if no drop then jab..... better not wait liao i dont know where is the pregnancy or chemical. :oops:

I see. Hope u dont need to get the mx jab. At least dont need to wait the 3 months which feels like eternity when u just want to move on to next step.
Jia you!

I also hope not but think if still cannot rule out ectopic then i rather jab. Did you know the MX jab has slight chemotherapy contents? that was what he told me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sian.

Hi Jenny, I wish you good luck! He's a very good doc. :p
@muff thanks. I was hoping that i will succeed on the first try since alot of positive feedback on him for the ivf.. hehehe.. hope all the ladies here will share more good news with us and shower us with baby dust.

Hi jenny, im new to this thread too. Failed my first cycle and seeing dr tan this sat. Cant wait to put myself on the waiting list for 2nd cycle.
When you did your 1st cycle? i can fully understand how you feel, I also cant wait for the day to come asap as the age is not on my side. :p

I also hope not but think if still cannot rule out ectopic then i rather jab. Did you know the MX jab has slight chemotherapy contents? that was what he told me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sian.
Yes i heard abt the low chemotherapy contents. And it depletes ur folate levels, so gotta make sure u stock up on folic acid after ur hcg level hits zero. When is ur next scan? Hopefully can have more clarity soon. The uncertainty must be hard.

Why cant they do a vaginal scan to rule out ectopic?

I had an ectopic preg before as well as a pregnancy cyst rupture which requires surgery for both. I went to the 24hrs clinic at KKH and they were able to detect ectopic preg where i had the surgery done that night.

I just had my blood test today and turned out negative. Dont give up. Stay positive.

When you did your 1st cycle? i can fully understand how you feel, I also cant wait for the day to come asap as the age is not on my side. :p
I did my 1st cycle in feb. Before that, did so-iui in dec but had to be cancelled. Age is not on my side too. Do u have any frozens?

I did my 1st cycle in feb. Before that, did so-iui in dec but had to be cancelled. Age is not on my side too. Do u have any frozens?
I see.. sad to say that i dont have any frozen one. which means my 2nd cycle i will have to go through with all the jab again. hehee. :p

I see.. sad to say that i dont have any frozen one. which means my 2nd cycle i will have to go through with all the jab again. hehee. :p

You are not alone. I do not have any frozen too and have to start the cycle all over again.

Anybody has any idea the estimated waiting time for the next cycle.

Do we have to go for the briefing again?

You are not alone. I do not have any frozen too and have to start the cycle all over again.

Jenny, im in the same situation as u too. Our case like quite similar. No frozen and got to start all over again for 2nd cycle. It was a big blow to know on transfer day that i only have 1 embryo out of 13 eggs.

Jtsy, i called the clinic 2 weeks ago to ask. Short protocol earliest is july le. Long protocol is may.

Yes i heard abt the low chemotherapy contents. And it depletes ur folate levels, so gotta make sure u stock up on folic acid after ur hcg level hits zero. When is ur next scan? Hopefully can have more clarity soon. The uncertainty must be hard.
!!! ok thanks for the info. im sure i need to build up harder on my body if i get the jab

cant share more with you as i have not see dr tan yet to discuss when to start the 2nd cycle. maybe someone here will be able to give us some info on the estimate waiting time for the next cycle.

Why cant they do a vaginal scan to rule out ectopic?

I had an ectopic preg before as well as a pregnancy cyst rupture which requires surgery for both. I went to the 24hrs clinic at KKH and they were able to detect ectopic preg where i had the surgery done that night.

I just had my blood test today and turned out negative. Dont give up. Stay positive.

Any HCG below 1000 cannot see a sac or other contents in the uterus.... I did do a scan yesterday just to ensure there arent free fluids inside which can mean blood is dripping inside but nothing so far. It is too early to tell anything... My HCG is 400 only. Could be chemical still. I truly hope.

cant share more with you as i have not see dr tan yet to discuss when to start the 2nd cycle. maybe someone here will be able to give us some info on the estimate waiting time for the next cycle.
No need to redo the briefing. The time to start depends on the appointment queue. The last I heard was in June liao for new cycles. Too many people in KK ........

Jenny, im in the same situation as u too. Our case like quite similar. No frozen and got to start all over again for 2nd cycle. It was a big blow to know on transfer day that i only have 1 embryo out of 13 eggs.

Jtsy, i called the clinic 2 weeks ago to ask. Short protocol earliest is july le. Long protocol is may.

i also have 1 ET on the day out of 16. will not give up coz after seeing the new of andy lau and the wife i am getting more positive :p

What is short protocol and long protocol?

Do you mean u hv 16 follicles? May i ask y only 1 ET?

coz out of those 16 only 7 fertilised. and out of that 7 only 3 of the egg the cells grow.. and out of that 3 only 1 is normal the other 2 is abnormal... :) complicated har... heehe

No need to redo the briefing. The time to start depends on the appointment queue. The last I heard was in June liao for new cycles. Too many people in KK ........
good to know that no need to go for another briefing :) thanks for the info

If my 2nd cycle fail again, should I change hospital to NUH/SGH but I like Tan HH (kkh) but hate the service that kkh offer, not able to review by my own private doctor for review after the scan and u/s is done by sonographer( worse case is done by new bird). Any sisters here transfer from kkh to other private/govt hospital and get a bfp? Mind sharing your opinion n your experience.

Beside that I went tcm dr. zou amk, it doesn't really improve my 2nd cycle, in fact my embryo grading is worse then my 1st where I never on acupuncture nor tcm medication. Try calling TSB at Chinatown n NTU, the waiting to see TSB is crazy long. Any one see b4 TCM Dr. Loh Kim Gek?

If I remember correctly, NUH was using embryo glue as a 'trial' basis recently, but does not offer it as part of their routine. Singapore-wide dun think any centre uses as well.

It is not so straightforward when a centre wants to bring in a product - product has to go thru govt authority approval, centre has to do research as to whether it really works, put the product on trials to get data and any final approval obtained (ie hospital management) before the product becomes available. So it'll take a while before we ever see these (embryo glue etc) become widely available.

Hi Skyangel, issit embryo glue help for those embryo not able to implant?

If my 2nd cycle fail again, should I change hospital to NUH/SGH but I like Tan HH (kkh) but hate the service that kkh offer, not able to review by my own private doctor for review after the scan and u/s is done by sonographer( worse case is done by new bird). Any sisters here transfer from kkh to other private/govt hospital and get a bfp? Mind sharing your opinion n your experience.

Beside that I went tcm dr. zou amk, it doesn't really improve my 2nd cycle, in fact my embryo grading is worse then my 1st where I never on acupuncture nor tcm medication. Try calling TSB at Chinatown n NTU, the waiting to see TSB is crazy long. Any one see b4 TCM Dr. Loh Kim Gek?

At KKH. Usually private patient will be reviewed by own Gynae. Normal u/s will be done by Gynae himself too. Unless its detailed scan then by sonographer as their machine is 10x better and cost higher then in Gynae rooms.

maybe u might want to check with them again.

hi Wynn, I've transferred from Private to KKH actually. Besides the horrendous wait at the hospital and that your scans are not done by your IVF doc, i do feel KK has the best facility in IVF. I've seen Loh Kim Gek before in 2011 - 2012 in Thong Chai Hospital and got pregnant but it was an ectopic... She moved out of the hospital liao..... i forgot where she went.

coz out of those 16 only 7 fertilised. and out of that 7 only 3 of the egg the cells grow.. and out of that 3 only 1 is normal the other 2 is abnormal... :) complicated har... heehe

My case is very similar to yours. I have 8, only 4 matured. 3 adnormal, 1 normal.

Anybody knows y the egg will turn adnormal? Does it means that it's not advisable to try to conceive naturally while waiting for the next cycle? This is my worry as i have 4 miscarriages through natural conceiving. I'm wondering is that the reason y i miscarriage previously.

My case is very similar to yours. I have 8, only 4 matured. 3 adnormal, 1 normal.

Anybody knows y the egg will turn adnormal? Does it means that it's not advisable to try to conceive naturally while waiting for the next cycle? This is my worry as i have 4 miscarriages through natural conceiving. I'm wondering is that the reason y i miscarriage previously.

i also have crappy eggs..... i had 21 eggs retrieved only 15 can use then in the end left 3 embryos. 3rd cycle 25 but only 15 usable, in the end we decide to culture all to blast left 1 only. blast doesnt look good at all. 2nd cycle 23 eggs, only 13 can use, in the end left 7 embryos. 1st cycle 38 retrieved, only 25 can use then in the end left 11 embryos. Egg quality can vary, some eggs are immature, some eggs are vacculated, meaning empty and some eggs have high fragmentation.. but this cannot determine if you miscarriage. it is usually after the fertilization of the sperm where the chromosomes are being made... could be chromosome defects also.

My DH has low sperm morphology.

Hi Wynn, I'm with KKH for my 1st fresh cycle with Dr Steven Teo and follow by 2 frozen which all ended up BFN. I then decide to switch to Dr Loh at TFC at that time I have 12 frozen embryos so i Trf them to TFC and started my 3rd frozen with Dr Loh which ended in BFN using day 2 embryo. My 4th FET with Dr Loh, I thaw all remaining 10 and decided to do blast and got a BFP.

Hi Skyangel, issit embryo glue help for those embryo not able to implant?

In a way. It's a solution containing substances such as hyaluronic acid, which supposingly helps in making the secretions from the womb stickier, thereby aiding implantation since the embryo sorta 'sticks' to the lining.

i also have crappy eggs..... i had 21 eggs retrieved only 15 can use then in the end left 3 embryos. 3rd cycle 25 but only 15 usable, in the end we decide to culture all to blast left 1 only. blast doesnt look good at all. 2nd cycle 23 eggs, only 13 can use, in the end left 7 embryos. 1st cycle 38 retrieved, only 25 can use then in the end left 11 embryos. Egg quality can vary, some eggs are immature, some eggs are vacculated, meaning empty and some eggs have high fragmentation.. but this cannot determine if you miscarriage. it is usually after the fertilization of the sperm where the chromosomes are being made... could be chromosome defects also.

You have high number of eggs. I thought more eggs more chances. Suddenly not very optimistic with ivf. I thought next cycle i try to eat something to boost my eggs will increase my chance.

You have high number of eggs. I thought more eggs more chances. Suddenly not very optimistic with ivf. I thought next cycle i try to eat something to boost my eggs will increase my chance.
No le. More eggs can be bad because all fighting to grow at the same time may compromise quality. But if ur eggs are strong I guess it doesn't affect that much. Mount e lab said I have erm... Bad eggs. Ahha

No le. More eggs can be bad because all fighting to grow at the same time may compromise quality. But if ur eggs are strong I guess it doesn't affect that much. Mount e lab said I have erm... Bad eggs. Ahha

Fighting! We should look ahead and stay positive. Pray that our wish will come true soon.

@muff,
Same here I'm my hubby got low morphology issues too. My last cycle I'm using puregon (max dosage) and menopur for my last cycle. Though I retrieved less eggs but the quality is so much better than my first cycle. Managed to transfer one grade 4 & one grade 3 day 2 embies and freezed 2 the last round.
My next cycle more or less will follow the protocol the last round, I'm worried my egg quality will drop even more due to age. So hopefully i can get bfp again this round which is the last cycle I'm trying.

All the best for your BT tomorrow & hope everything turns out fine for you! Jia you!

Last edited:
@muff,
Same here I'm my hubby got low morphology issues too. My last cycle I'm using puregon (max dosage) and menopur for my last cycle. Though I retrieved less eggs but the quality is so much better than my first cycle. Managed to transfer one grade 4 & one grade 3 day 2 embies and freezed 2 the last round.
My next cycle more or less will follow the protocol the last round, I'm worried my egg quality will drop even more due to age. So hopefully i can get bfp again this round which is the last cycle I'm trying.

All the best for your BT tomorrow & hope everything turns out fine for you! Jia you!

You freezed but going for new cycle? Not transferring? I've used menopur and saizen this cycle thanks to dr tan. Max dose as well though eggs still a lot but quality also better.

The frozen one, I'm still thinking if I Shd transfer. I may want to start a new cycle and dr tan is supportive. He says I could do that as I'm aging 36yrs liao. I can do a fresh then later can use the frozen one if no results. But he did say all embryos have a equal chance. We'll have to see if he tweaks the next cycle.

All my cycles at tmc, tfc, all same protocols all crappy one. Haha dr tan is more adventurous to try new stuff.

You freezed but going for new cycle? Not transferring? I've used menopur and saizen this cycle thanks to dr tan. Max dose as well though eggs still a lot but quality also better.

The frozen one, I'm still thinking if I Shd transfer. I may want to start a new cycle and dr tan is supportive. He says I could do that as I'm aging 36yrs liao. I can do a fresh then later can use the frozen one if no results. But he did say all embryos have a equal chance. We'll have to see if he tweaks the next cycle.

All my cycles at tmc, tfc, all same protocols all crappy one. Haha dr tan is more adventurous to try new stuff.

I used up my 2 frozen embies last dec. Both managed to cultivate to blastocyst but only 1 looks good so transfer only 1 but failed. So going for my last round of fresh in June. Btw I'm same age as you. :D

Looks like many ppl are under DR Tan. I'm thinking of switching to him too but i should see my gynae for my first cycle follow up right?

I used up my 2 frozen embies last dec. Both managed to cultivate to blastocyst but only 1 looks good so transfer only 1 but failed. So going for my last round of fresh in June. Btw I'm same age as you. :D
Ohh! Ok good luck to u!!! The queue is really long ..

@muff, jiayou. All the best for your blood test tmr. I'm also of the same age as you.
Thanks a lot. Ya I think you should see your doc for follow up and see what he can do for you next cycle then go to dr tan and see what is he going to do for you then decide. Are you private patient at kkh?

Thanks a lot. Ya I think you should see your doc for follow up and see what he can do for you next cycle then go to dr tan and see what is he going to do for you then decide. Are you private patient at kkh?

Yes i m a private patient at kkh. I'm under Dr sadhana

A lot of people have the misconception that ectopic pregnancy won't happen in IVF as the embryo is placed into the 'correct place'. The thing is that in an embryo transfer, the dr is only placing the embryo back and not implanting it into the lining. There is no technology available currently to actually implant the embryo direct into the lining.

After the embryo transfer, the actual implantation takes place 5-7 days post day 2 transfer (or 1-3 days for day 5 transfer). During this period of time the embryo can still move around. So if it's outside of the womb when implantation happens, ectopic pregnancy occurs.

In IVF, unless you are doing a natural IVF, ovulation is not a concern as one of the injections you receive suppresses the body's own natural ovulation. But in theory, the stimulation injections make the body grow more follicles and the sizes may increase at a faster rate, so yes ovulation may happen earlier than natural cycles if the medication to suppress ovulation is not started in time.
Thanks skyangel! I learn something new.

Back