IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi Ladies again...

I saw that in forum people recommend drinking red data, red bean and raspberry leaf tea for better lining.

Just wondering,
Do we choose one of the choice and follow strictly on that or we do it like alternate between the 3 choice or we should take all 3 in one day (as in diff part of the day)?
Is it recommended by the Doctor?

Saw that some ladies combine it with egg white. So what's the recommendation ?

Hi. Yes, i think not much was mentioned about him, but heard there are many successful cases with him from my fren. For me, I just feel that in the whole process there are little things that he practice which makes it more successful or less daunting. Like sucking a "sweet" that calm ur nerve when during and after ET. Putting ABBA music when I went for ER. Explanation on using blastocysts (day 5/6) has higher chance of success etc. Not sure if all cases like that. Becos my fren in NUH is putting in on day 4 and not sure what stage is the embryo.
I din read a lot on ivf so just follow him. Sadly he's concentrating on IVF so he is not renewing his delivery license. Hence, I cant continue with him for delivery but still seeing now him for 1st trimester.

Hope that more people can come forward to share their experiences with Dr roland. Will share mine in my January cycle.

Hi rachelstarz, u mean ivf briefing? I had mine yesterday at kkivf. Took about 1-1.5h but still depend on whether do they need u to fill up forms, do blood test etc. I had done all my blood test previously on Aug'15 when i did my so-iui so mine was quite fast. The briefing is good, u can ask as many questions as u want if u have any doubt.

Thanks Melody.
Need to take any medication? Cos I need to take to induce menses

Like that mine will be quite fast too, done blood test previously on Nov'15 when did so-iui.

Cos I got another appt to rush to.

Hi, I am stating my FET this month, anyone under Dr Jessie Phoon? Do you have her email address? is it ok to take Royal Jelly after ET?

Hi, I am stating my FET this month, anyone under Dr Jessie Phoon? Do you have her email address? is it ok to take Royal Jelly after ET?
Can anyone advise if dhea should continue taking while on ivf? Or need to stop?
Hi Hi ladies, I think best to seek doc's advice on this. Cos a minor wrong step can cause undesirable consequences.

For normal what to eat like red bean soup, egg whites, we can advise based on personal experience, but when it comes to supplements and such, best to consult your docs cos may intefere with your prescriptions.

Thanks Melody.
Need to take any medication? Cos I need to take to induce menses

Like that mine will be quite fast too, done blood test previously on Nov'15 when did so-iui.

Cos I got another appt to rush to.

U're welcome! I'm not sure if any medication is needed cause i don't need the med to induce menses. Give yourself 2.5h for briefing in case urs is longer.

Hi Ladies again...

I saw that in forum people recommend drinking red data, red bean and raspberry leaf tea for better lining.

Just wondering,
Do we choose one of the choice and follow strictly on that or we do it like alternate between the 3 choice or we should take all 3 in one day (as in diff part of the day)?
Is it recommended by the Doctor?

Saw that some ladies combine it with egg white. So what's the recommendation ?

Hi Aaom, i'm with KKH too. I drank raspberry tea, red bean soup during my so-iui & my lining did improve when i went for scanning however my so-iui is not successful.

I drank red bean soup during lunch as dessert then raspberry tea during tea time. I read somewhere that drink raspberry tea till e day u ovulate then stop.

Dear sistas, my blood test for progesterone is 55 as of 5dp2dt. Is this level normal or too low. Am being called to go back for a additional jab. Feel a bit down now. Dr loh protocol is above 100 so I feel mine is way too low.

Dear sistas, my blood test for progesterone is 55 as of 5dp2dt. Is this level normal or too low. Am being called to go back for a additional jab. Feel a bit down now. Dr loh protocol is above 100 so I feel mine is way too low.

R u on progesterone suppliment? Mayb doc will increase the dose. My gynae didn't check my prog level during IVF.

Hi sistas on 2ww,

Can i check is everyone or most on Progesterone capsule inserts 3 times a day till BT?or some thru injections or take orally?

Always see white discharge after peeing...
Yesterday's night pee looked weird...seem cloudy pale yellow...
is it normal?
Tia....

Dear sistas, thanks for your concern and well wishes, especially to many sisters who have also pm me.
My sincere apologies for not replying earlier as I have 'zoned out' from the forum next day after my FET on 4 Dec.

All my previous 4 transfers involved a total of 9 excellent or good day 2 or 3 embryos, all BFN.
I had total of 10 frozen day-2 embies left from 2nd & 3rd fresh cycles. For this current medicated FET (5th transfer and also my 2nd FET), we went for our first try at day-5 transfer.

We thawed 5 embies out of the 10. All 5 survived thawing with fully intact cells. By day 3, they were four grade 1 (best per TFC standard) and one grade 2. We could then see how this took a turn as they progressed to day 5 and 6. On day 5, they chose the best 2 in terms of growth and visual morphology for FET - one expanded 4BC blastocyst and one early blastocyst -considered fair quality. On day 6, none of the remaining 3 made it to freeze - one morula arrested before becoming blastocyst, one early blastocyst degenerating and one expanded blastocyst which they felt was not good enough for freezing.

I just did my BT today. It's a BFP with beta hcg at 558 iu/L. I'm still quite in shock. Mainly because I did not have much symptoms at all. Sore boobs even subsided by 11dp5dt. Midway the 1.5 week wait, I lost it believing that this cycle will not work too. I had even already contacted Dr. Wiwat's clinic preparing to do a fresh IVF in Thailand with PGD-aCGH next round as I am too tired of more transfers without knowing if my embies or blastocysts are chromosomally normal.

The 2ww is really tough as usual. It is easy to encourage others but when it comes to your turn in the 2ww facing the unknown and battling conflicting emotions constantly, sometimes it is really hard to get your spirits up especially when I don't feel much symptoms that I thought I ought to be feeling. Also, no matter how much I psyched myself not to symptom-spot or obsess, I do.

After 20 months of TTC inclusive of 13 months on IVF journey with 3 fresh cycles and 2 FETs, finally the much desired BFP. It is an indescribable overwhelm of emotions. Yet we reminded ourselves to be cautiously happy while we pray hard with all our might that all will go well and that we will see the heartbeat 2 weeks later to confirm a viable pregnancy.

I am very grateful to sisters in this forum who have come to be the people closest to me going through this journey, even more than many friends whom I knew in my life. I hope I have been able to inspire you and hope to continue to do so to my best ability.

Don't give up hope, persevere on and believe it can happen. All the best and early baby dust to all.

Last edited:
Dear sistas, thanks for your concern and well wishes, especially to many sisters who have also pm me.
My sincere apologies for not replying earlier as I have 'zoned out' from the forum next day after my FET on 4 Dec.

All my previous 4 transfers involved a total of 9 day excellent or good 2 or 3 embryos, all BFN.
I had total of 10 frozen day-2 embies left from 2nd & 3rd fresh cycles. For this current medicated FET (5th transfer and also my 2nd FET), we went for our first try at day-5 transfer.

We thawed 5 embies out of the 10. All 5 survived thawing with fully intact cells. By day 3, they were four grade 1 (best per TFC standard) and one grade 2. We could then see how this took a turn as they progressed to day 5 and 6. On day 5, they chose the best 2 in terms of growth and visual morphology for FET - one expanded 4BC blastocyst and one early blastocyst -considered fair quality. On day 6, none of the remaining 3 made it to freeze - one morula arrested before becoming blastocyst, one early blastocyst degenerating and one expanded blastocyst which they felt was not good enough for freezing.

I just did my BT today. It's a BFP with beta hcg at 558 iu/L. I'm still quite in shock. Mainly because I did not have much symptoms at all. Sore boobs even subsided by 11dp5dt. Midway the 1.5 week wait, I lost it believing that this cycle will not work too. I had even already contacted Dr. Wiwat's clinic preparing to do a fresh IVF in Thailand with PGD-aCGH next round as I am too tired of more transfers without knowing if my embies or blastocysts are chromosomal normal.

The 2ww is really tough as usual. It is easy to encourage others but when it comes to your turn in the 2ww facing the unknown and battling conflicting emotions constantly, sometimes it is really hard to get your spirits up especially when I don't feel much symptoms that I thought I ought to be feeling. Also, no matter how much I psyched myself not to symptom-spot or obsess, I do.

After 20 months of TTC inclusive of 13 months on IVF journey with 3 fresh cycles and 2 FETs, finally the much desired BFP. It is an indescribable overwhelm of emotions. Yet we reminded ourselves to be cautiously happy while we pray hard with all our might that all will go well and that we will see the heartbeat 2 weeks later to confirm a viable pregnancy.

I am very grateful to sisters in this forum who have come to be the people closest to me going through this journey, even more than many friends whom I knew in my life. I hope I have been able to inspire you and hope to continue to do so to my best ability.

Don't give up hope, persevere on and believe it can happen. All the best and early baby dust to all.

Congrats!

All my previous 4 transfers involved a total of 9 day excellent or good 2 or 3 embryos, all BFN.

I just did my BT today. It's a BFP with beta hcg at 558 iu/L. I'm still quite in shock. Mainly because I did not have much symptoms at all. Sore boobs even subsided by 11dp5dt. Midway the 1.5 week wait, I lost it believing that this cycle will not work too. I had even already contacted Dr. Wiwat's clinic preparing to do a fresh IVF in Thailand with PGD-aCGH next round as I am too tired of more transfers without knowing if my embies or blastocysts are chromosomal normal.

Dear Dawn, I'm not a active member here but i read your every post and is v happy that you have succeeded!! Take care and rest well...God bless and grabbing your bb dusts...

Hey congrats, Dawn!!

Congrats gal. Really happy for u. Have a smooth sailing 10 months journey:)

Hi sistas on 2ww,

Can i check is everyone or most on Progesterone capsule inserts 3 times a day till BT?or some thru injections or take orally?

Always see white discharge after peeing...
Yesterday's night pee looked weird...seem cloudy pale yellow...
is it normal?
Tia....

Me too, I have been meaning to ask about this.
I was on utrogestan support for my FET. Previous round, I was using crinone gel.
I inserted as far in as possible and laid down after insertion. I kept seeing white bits (some like 5cts coin size) almost every time I emptied my bladder.
Initially I thought some leakage is normal with progesterone support but now I'm not so sure. The first pee after insertion (typically after 2 hrs) will have quite a fair bit in the toilet bowl.
Is it supposed to be like this or I'm not sure what I have been doing wrong??
TIA

All my previous 4 transfers involved a total of 9 excellent or good day 2 or 3 embryos, all BFN.

I just did my BT today. It's a BFP with beta hcg at 558 iu/L. I'm still quite in shock. Mainly because I did not have much symptoms at all. Sore boobs even subsided by 11dp5dt. Midway the 1.5 week wait, I lost it believing that this cycle will not work too. I had even already contacted Dr. Wiwat's clinic preparing to do a fresh IVF in Thailand with PGD-aCGH next round as I am too tired of more transfers without knowing if my embies or blastocysts are chromosomally normal.

big congrats to u!!!! very happy for u! and always thankful for having u the positive one around!

Congrats dear. Very happy for you and your family.
May God bless you with a smooth and safe journey eventually leading to a safe and healthy live birth.
Your wonderful sharing and generous support is greatly and truely appreciated by all sisters here.
Take care of yourself and we look forward to your bundle(s) of joy.

Congrats!! Have a smooth 10 month journey ahead ;)

Hi ladies, wanna share my first successful IVF cycle.

I was under Dr Tan HH at KKH and he was a very kind and helpful Doctor. I had PCOS and after TTC for 23 cycles, we started IVF treatment on 24th cycle with menopur 150mg, antagonist cycle. I went to accupunture as usual and took Chinese med. Within 2nd visit on CD 12 with 7 days of stimm, I was told to go for egg retrieval surgery as I have many follicles in my ovaries with max size of 17.5mm.

I was scheduled for egg retrieval surgery on CD 14 and I requested embryo transfer on day 3 as my astrologer friend counted that day 3 7.30-830am is the auspicious time. Dr Tan did not promise me anything until after the ER.

On day 3 transfer, I only have 2 grade 3 and 1 grade 4 cells out of 11 eggs retrieved. Then 2 good embryos were transferred within 10 mins painlessly with Dr Tan's magic hand.

During 2ww, I was given crinone gel inserts and took chi med but there's still some spotting until I stopped using the gel. I have usual PMS symptoms such as AF cramps, sore boobs but the only symptom that is different is I have insomnia.

I did home pregnancy test on 11dp3dt and it turned out to be BFP!

I'm also under a research team called SPRESTO at KKH hence just to share, I can have some pre, during and post pregnancy test for free. During pregnancy, I can have free glucose test, blood test and even ultrasound scans. I am also paid during their clinic visits. If any of you are interested to join this research, please PM me or contact SPRESTO. The condition is that you are not pregnant and planning to conceive within the next 6 months to start this programme. I'm sharing this as some ladies can save up on ultrasound scan fees and just pay consultation fees to gynae visits.

I'm not sure which factor will help you girls. Maybe it's the auspicious timing, accupunture, chi med or Dr tan's magic hands..? Hope this story will motivate you and help u alittle ;)

Thanks!

Www.wannabemum2015.wordpress.com

Last edited:
I was on utrogestan support for my FET. Previous round, I was using crinone gel.
I inserted as far in as possible and laid down after insertion. I kept seeing white bits (some like 5cts coin size) almost every time I emptied my bladder.
Initially I thought some leakage is normal with progesterone support but now I'm not so sure. The first pee after insertion (typically after 2 hrs) will have quite a fair bit in the toilet bowl.
TIA
Dear, after insert, good to lay flat or sit down for about 20-30minutes for the medicine to fully absorb. After that, any bits of discharge is okay. Mainly you see the discharge when pee or panty liner I the shell from the pills insert. Not to worry.

TIA
Hi Dramaqueenie, for Crinone GEL we r suppose to move about for about 15 mins after insertion for our body to absorb...

Yes, for crinone gel, need to walk about for better absorption.
If using utrogestan suppositories, need to lie down for better absorption.
Hi Dearie, as what Teddy75 said, this round of Fet, I did obediently follow the instructions to lie down at least 30 mins, in fact I did more than 30 mins most of the time and indeed I realised not as much discharge or residue as compared to previous cycles. If any discharge, it was more of cervical mucus and clearly not with much of the white residue from the Utrogestan. Try and hope it works for you too.

All the best! Jia you :)

OMG Dawn! I'm so happy for you! I teared reading this. :) Take care of yourself and may you have a smooth pregnancy! <3

OMG Dawn! I'm so happy for you! I teared reading this. :) Take care of yourself and may you have a smooth pregnancy! <3
How can I ever forget you!! You are one sister who touched me greatly by selflessly offering and taking the trouble to meet me to lend me your CD. You inspired me to be bold & have faith in encouraging others in this forum as a way to help others and myself. And not least to mention, you & your golden embie journey inspired me heaps! Thank you so much for your well wishes. I believe all's going well with your little boy growing inside you. All the best to you too :)

Hi ladies, wanna share my first successful IVF cycle.

I was under Dr Tan HH at KKH and he was a very kind and helpful Doctor. I had PCOS and after TTC for 23 cycles, we started IVF treatment on 24th cycle with menopur 150mg, antagonist cycle. I went to accupunture as usual and took Chinese med. Within 2nd visit on CD 12 with 7 days of stimm, I was told to go for egg retrieval surgery as I have many follicles in my ovaries with max size of 17.5mm.

I was scheduled for egg retrieval surgery on CD 14 and I requested embryo transfer on day 3 as my astrologer friend counted that day 3 7.30-830am is the auspicious time. Dr Tan did not promise me anything until after the ER.

On day 3 transfer, I only have 2 grade 3 and 1 grade 4 cells out of 11 eggs retrieved. Then 2 good embryos were transferred within 10 mins painlessly with Dr Tan's magic hand.

During 2ww, I was given crinone gel inserts and took chi med but there's still some spotting until I stopped using the gel. I have usual PMS symptoms such as AF cramps, sore boobs but the only symptom that is different is I have insomnia.

I did home pregnancy test on 11dp3dt and it turned out to be BFP!

I'm also under a research team called SPRESTO at KKH hence just to share, I can have some pre, during and post pregnancy test for free. During pregnancy, I can have free glucose test, blood test and even ultrasound scans. I am also paid during their clinic visits. If any of you are interested to join this research, please PM me or contact SPRESTO. The condition is that you are not pregnant and planning to conceive within the next 6 months to start this programme. I'm sharing this as some ladies can save up on ultrasound scan fees and just pay consultation fees to gynae visits.

I'm not sure which factor will help you girls. Maybe it's the auspicious timing, accupunture, chi med or Dr tan's magic hands..? Hope this story will motivate you and help u alittle ;)

Thanks!

Www.wannabemum2015.wordpress.com
Hi Emmie,

I read ur blog...is so detailed n informative.

Congratulations to u!Smooth pregnancy journey!

Dawnbb, so happy for you!
Congrats dear! Take care now.

I stopped my dhea on ER day. Checked with dr Loh and he said ok. You may want to confirm again.
Thank you. I am taking placenta instead of dhea. Becos dhea cos me drop hair. My tcm told me placenta is a alternative to dhea. So i just take. So far so good. I havent started my cycle yet

Congratulations @DawnBB!
God has fulfilled your hopes and I am sure its the perfect Christmas pressie you have! :)
Take care and have a smooth pregnancy!
I am so grabbing your baby dusts! :D

How can I ever forget you!! You are one sister who touched me greatly by selflessly offering and taking the trouble to meet me to lend me your CD. You inspired me to be bold & have faith in encouraging others in this forum as a way to help others and myself. And not least to mention, you & your golden embie journey inspired me heaps! Thank you so much for your well wishes. I believe all's going well with your little boy growing inside you. All the best to you too :)
Congrats! Wonder if this will ever happen to me...

Congrats dear. All the best.

Congrats! Wonder if this will ever happen to me...
Thanks sis. I had countless moments of self doubt throughout since starting this journey.
I do believe the supplements, acupuncture & lifestyle/ diet helped hubby and me tremendously. These were the things in our control. The fact is if we don't even try work on these, what else can we do. Although no guarantee, at least we tried & have no regrets.

The rest including medication, stim protocol & procedures, we trusted & relied on Dr Loh & his team. Last but not least, the toughest of all is to persevere against the odds of aging to get to the chromosomally normal eggs & embryos while not knowing how many cycles we would need to get there and if we even will get there. Dealing with the unknown is truly the roughest test.

I know it is challenging but don't give up, must persevere on and I hope you will get your heart's desire eventually soon!

Thanks sis. I had countless moments of self doubt throughout since starting this journey.
I do believe the supplements, acupuncture & lifestyle/ diet helped hubby and me tremendously. These were the things in our control. The fact is if we don't even try work on these, what else can we do. Although no guarantee, at least we tried & have no regrets.

The rest including medication, stim protocol & procedures, we trusted & relied on Dr Loh & his team. Last but not least, the toughest of all is to persevere against the odds of aging to get to the chromosomally normal eggs & embryos while not knowing how many cycles we would need to get there and if we even will get there. Dealing with the unknown is truly the roughest test.

I know it is challenging but don't give up, must persevere on and I hope you will get your heart's desire eventually soon!
All your cycles are with Dr Loh?

Actually i was just also wondering like @tsf0205... when will be our turn to get BFP!!

Thanks @DawnBB to still being so positive and encouraging us! Really appreciate! Hugz

All your cycles are with Dr Loh?
Yes.

I think it is good to hear out what the doctors suggest & understand why they suggest it for your case. I never let my docs, nurses and even embryologists have easy time because I would do my research and ask them tonnes of questions. Haha. We expect good medical staff to be happy to explain & be logical in their responses.

Ultimately when hubby & I felt comfortable with Dr Loh & his team, we stuck through with them despite failing. It was only during this latest cycle 2ww when I thought it might not work too that I had considered Thailand for next fresh was because SG does not allow PGD if not I will still stick with TFC. It took dr Loh 2 cycles to understand how I respond to short & Long protocol, and true enough we witnessed his magic in 3rd fresh where we managed to retrieve a total of 32 eggs, my best response far from the previous 2 cycles. Although the 3rd fresh cycle was still bfn, we knew there was the factor of whether the eggs & embryos are normal which is to a certain extent beyond the doctor's control.

Last edited:

Dear DawnBB
Congrats to you, I'm so happy to hear you did it! Your positive attitude perseverance and extensive knowledge is remarkable. You a role model, adviser to many ladies in this forum. Wishing you and your embie a healthy smooth 10 months journey to delivery!

Congrats DawnBB, God has saved the best Xmas gift for you! Really really feel happy for you :) Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year in advance

Yes.

I think it is good to hear out what the doctors suggest & understand why they suggest it for your case. I never let my docs, nurses and even embryologists have easy time because I would do my research and ask them tonnes of questions. Haha. We expect good medical staff to be happy to explain & be logical in their responses.

Ultimately when hubby & I felt comfortable with Dr Loh & his team, we stuck through with them despite failing. It was only during this latest cycle 2ww when I thought it might not work too that I had considered Thailand for next fresh was because SG does not allow PGD if not I will still stick with TFC. It took dr Loh 2 cycles to understand how I respond to short & Long protocol, and true enough we witnessed his magic in 3rd fresh where we managed to retrieve a total of 32 eggs, my best response far from the previous 2 cycles. Although the 3rd fresh cycle was still bfn, we knew there was the factor of whether the eggs & embryos are normal which is to a certain extent beyond the doctor's control.
Wow, 32 is a good number! Hope u have a smooth sailing pregnancy!

My cycles never exceed 4 eggs and poor quality.... I also took supplements, tcm, acupunture, change lifestyle but... Nothing works. To have my own kid, in my dreams only... Am on to my 5th cycle next year... Very tiring and feel financially taxing cos all pay with cash.

Back