IVF/ICSI Support Group

No prob about where to start your cycle cos your doc will do its best so we just have faith.
I am also starting my cycle in jan so we have support. I think Sparkling_ee and Celestialbaby also jan cycle if i remember correctly.
You are right, patn. Faith in the doc is impt. Look forward to seeing him in dec now... :)

I started ivf on the following month after the procedure but did not succeed. I succeeded 4 months after the failed cycle, 6months after the procedure.

Private patient (choose ur own doc) in Govt Hospitals will be entitled to the grant.
That is cool.. we can choose our own doc and still manage to get the grant.

joellejo said:
Hi H0peful

It depends on ur lining ....if still got long way to go then no need go back so fast to scan again... me going to first scan tomorrow on d8 as d10 fall on sun.....I predict my next scan will be 17/11 d12 or 18/11 d13 ...as my cycle is more days not so fast ready....
Hihi my lining was 3.3mm for baseline scan .. next scan on day 12 which is next wed. BTW I'm on 133.3 units of puregon for 6 days ..is that the average dose or ?

Erm, I got a question though. Wat if all 3 cycles of grants had been utilised but did not succeed getting pregnant? Wat is the alternative steps or where to seek financial help?

I hate to think about this part cos it means unsuccessful cycles. But then its reality. :eek:

Hi Ladies, Thanks for the replies. Can anyone let me know how is the procedure will be like?? Is it a day surgery or must stay 1 night? Also, will there be any HL leave and how long? Need to plan ahead.... Thank you all the input first! :)
Mine is a day surgery, doctor give one week of HL under KKH

@Daniz oohh so fast. No wonder they rushing to let those who could do ivf asap do first. I just had a failed iui and waiting to do 2nd iui. If in the end, still dun work after 3 rounds then have to do ivf so I'm just tiking about the timing.

Hi there graceakavlouds...They told me it wil be in July coz of the renovation. January is the so call cut off date. Are you doing ur first ivf?

Dear ladies,

I'm new here. Have been reading thru the forum for a few weeks, as me and my husband is considering for IVF. I'm 35 yrs old and my husband is 37 yrs old. We have been trying for 1 yr. Last month, we decided to go for IVF and selected SGH as I wanted to see Dr Yu Su Ling after reading the reviews.

Just 2 days ago, we went to see her and review our test report. To our surprise, she told me that SGH is undergoing renovation from Jan to Jun/Jul next yr, therefore, she can't take in anymore patients. We are very shocked by this news and she further added that, we shd go and consult alternative hospital like KK or NUH to proceed with IVF. What I want to say is, last month, when we see her for 1st consultation, she told us that if we are suitable candidates for IVF, her earliest schedule is mid Dec. Then, this month, she told us SGH going for renovation soon. We are lost for words when we heard that.

But we didn't argue further during the consultation. My husband feel tat we should call up SGH again and see if we can get a slot again. I'm in a dilemma now.
I called up KKH today and they have a slot with Dr Sadhana on 24 Nov for me. I have read good and bad reviews on her and also the long waiting time worries me. We wanted to start our IVF asap.

Any idea when will my IVF start if we go for KKH? Thanks ladies in advance.

I don't know whether SGH is any good, but KKH may well be your blessing in disguise. And you got the top person in the reproductive medicine as your doctor, so I don't think you're that bad off at all :) Dr. Sadhana is technically proficient, no-nonsense and practical. She is on the quieter side, which may work for some and not for others. She handled my IVF and it was successful on first try.

Bring all your existing medical reports to Dr. Sadhana and let her review your condition. You can straightaway let her know you want to be on the waiting list for IVF, which is about 3 months. She will probably start you off with the usual tests (blood tests, the dye test to check for unblocked fallopian tube, ovarian reserve tests, sperm tests etc) , which I think you may need to project about a month or so to complete. Once the dye test is completed, she will then put you on the waiting list. All in, you can project about 3 - 4 mths from seeing her to the start of your IVF cycle. That is the quickest timeline you are looking at.

If you are in a rush, you may want to consider going to a private hospital. Jia you :)

Dear ladies - want to check with u all. I know I m on natural fet. Went for D2 scan in the afternoon. Was given letrozole for 5 days - to start taking from tmr. Aspirin - to start taking from today till don't know when. The nurse said that they will inform me when to stop. Thot natural fet should b without any medication?

66yr old woman gave birth to triplets....
http://sg.******************/66-year-old-indian-woman-gives-birth-to-triplets/
So sisters, dun give up!
Hope govt can consider giving subsidy to the over 40s ladies...
Perhaps the older we get, we get more or still as determine...

Only if our govt can be more lax and approve more grants or subsidies for abv 40yo
Nevertheless we have hope sisters!!

Erm, I got a question though. Wat if all 3 cycles of grants had been utilised but did not succeed getting pregnant? Wat is the alternative steps or where to seek financial help?
Nope no help if you have utilized medisave and govt grant cos they feel that statistically after 3 tries and not successful, the success rate has already dropped to bottom. So is cold hard cash next.

Dear ladies - want to check with u all. I know I m on natural fet. Went for D2 scan in the afternoon. Was given letrozole for 5 days - to start taking from tmr. Aspirin - to start taking from today till don't know when. The nurse said that they will inform me when to stop. Thot natural fet should b without any medication?

Aspirin cannot stop and have to continue taking even when BFP.

Hi FP0706 no worries you are not alone... I will be touching 40 soon. I have done my IVF in NUH this year but failed so a friend recommended me of the clinic as she succeeded at age 42. I had a short holiday to BKK in Oct and at the same time check out the clinic and consult the dr. The clinic is very professional and they explain to you the procedures and charges as well. Dr Wiwat also recommend some supplements to take as well.

I do not think bkk technology is better than spore. The only difference is they have meds that may not be available in spore. Every clinic has success and failure. If you need a change of dr then no harm going for it. A different environment may do good. I have friends who did with Dr Wiwat and still fail. Ultimately is the egg quality that matters the most. IVF is about numbers, if you keep striving and persevere, one of the cycle will be the one for you no matter where you do.

That's interesting! Didn't know about it. Read on:

https://www.fertilityauthority.com/treatment/-vitro-fertilization-ivf/natural-cycle-ivf

Natural cycle in vitro fertilization (IVF), which requires no fertility drugs to produce multiple eggs, may represent the “greening” of the fertility field. This approach assumes that pregnancy for the “fertility challenged” can occur using just one embryo, and it is closer to what occurs in nature. But as in traditional IVF, the woman’s egg must be harvested, fertilized and transferred to her uterus. Yet for women who want to avoid the emotional roller coasters and potentially unknown long-term effects of fertility drugs, natural cycle IVF may be an ideal option.

What Is Natural Cycle IVF?
With natural cycle IVF, the menstrual cycle is carefully tracked. Then, during an outpatient procedure, the fertility doctor retrieves one egg through a small abdominal incision, which is typically peformed with a transvaginal ultrasound. The egg is then fertilized with the male partner's sperm or donor sperm in the IVF lab and incubated for several days before the embryo transfer. If successful, the embryo will develop into a healthy baby.

In contrast to regular IVF where women must take hormones to prompt the release of numerous eggs and to ripen them, in most natural IVF cycles only the hormone hCG is used to trigger release of the eggs. This not only saves money in fertility drugs and workup procedures, but it also quells worry about the long-term effects of fertility drugs.

History of Natural Cycle IVF
Natural cycle IVF dates back to the first successful human conceived using IVF. Louise Joy Brown, born July 25, 1978, in Manchester, England, resulted from natural cycle IVF. Her mother, who tried to conceive for nine years, used no artificial hormones to produce the single mature egg. The egg was retrieved during a normal cycle, combined with her father’s sperm, fertilized in a lab and transferred to the mother's uterus, where it implanted.

Today's Use of Natural Cycle IVF
In the 1980s, fertility doctors turned away from the natural IVF method when they discovered that hormone injections could control the timing of ovulation and could also stimulate ovaries to release numerous eggs per cycle. Fertility doctors believed that the more eggs a woman produced each month, the more that could be fertilized, thus increasing her chances of pregnancy.

As ovarian stimulation and retrieval techniques have improved over the last 10 to 15 years, fertility clinics have begun transferring fewer embryos per cycle to reduce chances of multiple births, and there is an increase in the number ofsingle embryo transfers. The success with natural cycle IVF is highly dependent on the age of the women.

Natural ivf is more suitable for low reserve when no matter how much U jab you can only yield one or two eggs. In this case natural ivf is a good choice. If your reserve is good but you opt for natural ivf meaning only retrieved one or two egg, there is this risk of having none fertilised and to me its not worth it.

Juz receive call... BT is negative will see Dr Yu again next month for her advice.... In the mean time... Try try n try... Thinking positive even though it hurt...

Changing my diet going to prepare my body for next cycle only in middle of next year .... Y must renovate!!

For the others.... Don gv up... We try wat we suppose to do but watevr the result is it... At least we know we don gv up... Best of luck...
Dear sister, thank you so much your encouragement! I hope you stay strong and continue to build positive energy for the next try. As they say it's the courage to continue that counts. Persevere and jia you!

I'm on natural FET and no meds at this stage while testing OPK. Don't worry about it. Meds are prescribed based on individual condition and everyone will be different. At this stage the focus is to build your lining and ensure timely ovulation so these meds will help. Just trust the doc and if you have any doubts, can always check with doc/ nurse on next follow-up. All the best and jia you!

I don't know whether SGH is any good, but KKH may well be your blessing in disguise. And you got the top person in the reproductive medicine as your doctor, so I don't think you're that bad off at all :) Dr. Sadhana is technically proficient, no-nonsense and practical. She is on the quieter side, which may work for some and not for others. She handled my IVF and it was successful on first try.

Bring all your existing medical reports to Dr. Sadhana and let her review your condition. You can straightaway let her know you want to be on the waiting list for IVF, which is about 3 months. She will probably start you off with the usual tests (blood tests, the dye test to check for unblocked fallopian tube, ovarian reserve tests, sperm tests etc) , which I think you may need to project about a month or so to complete. Once the dye test is completed, she will then put you on the waiting list. All in, you can project about 3 - 4 mths from seeing her to the start of your IVF cycle. That is the quickest timeline you are looking at.

If you are in a rush, you may want to consider going to a private hospital. Jia you :)

Littlemonkies, thanks for ur sharing! Just this aftn we hv decided to go to NUH as the waiting time shd be shorter than KKH. Private is too ex so we dropped the idea.

I checked that most insurance companies do not cover maternity insurance for pregnancy via ivf.
The only insurance company that I found out that offers maternity coverage is AIA Family First Baby but need to add premium to be paid for Investment Linked Products.
I found out from insurance agent that the minimum premium for ILP is $100 per mth and the premium for the maternity rider is $360. So for 1 year of pregnancy and post pregnancy, I need to fork out like $1600 and the benefits is limited to max of $5000 each for mother and child complication and max of $3000 for hospitalisation benefits at $100 per day.

Anyone know of any other maternity insurance that cover pregnancy via ivf and anyone plan to buy such insurance? or any other medical insurance that can cover pregnancy complications and baby complications?

@Daniz oohh so fast. No wonder they rushing to let those who could do ivf asap do first. I just had a failed iui and waiting to do 2nd iui. If in the end, still dun work after 3 rounds then have to do ivf so I'm just tiking about the timing.
Same like you too... I did my first iui... But fail.. Did not attempt another iui coz confirm wil fail. My Husband sperm count is Low... Straight refer to do icsi...

Littlemonkies, thanks for ur sharing! Just this aftn we hv decided to go to NUH as the waiting time shd be shorter than KKH. Private is too ex so we dropped the idea.
Hi, actually private for ivf may be the same price as a patient who undergo ivf in restructured hospitals, depending on the protocol. ivf treatment in restructured hospitals is charged under private rate, just that singaporeans are allowed to claim subsidy of $3K.

For example in SGH, I have a friend who did the ivf in sgh. the doctor ordered numerous blood investigation tests during the ivf cycle while I did my ivf cycle in private clinic and there was no blood test required during the ivf cycle. maybe our protocols are different, that why she ended up with a higher ivf costs in total.

My protocol is the short GNR Antagonist and I only stimulated with drugs for 10 days.

Dear sister, thank you so much your encouragement! I hope you stay strong and continue to build positive energy for the next try. As they say it's the courage to continue that counts. Persevere and jia you!
Heart broken of course... But something we can't avoid.. We can only try again and be well prepare... So I'm stocking up the supplements for me and hubs...
Wherever you at now in ur ivf journey or not.. Best of luck to you... DawnBB

Galaxy, for baby portion, we buy insurance when we do a ET. Is only during pregnancy we are not covered with any insurance
that is what I'm scared of . sekali we got complications like pre-emclampsia etc.....coz the GE ART insurance only cover the NICU costs.

We already spent so much money on ivf and if any complications happen during pregnancy to mother or child after birth...it will be another huge layout..

That's great! I did hear that NUH's maternity care is quite good too. It would be good for you to be able to transfer from IVF to maternity there... smooth transition :)

If you in KKH, under Dr. Sadhana, you will have to look for another gynae after 9-12 weeks.

Hi anyone done natural ivf? I belong to the low reserve. May i know how much it ll cost? Do they Egg retrieve like our usual ivf procedure? Thx.

I'm on natural FET and no meds at this stage while testing OPK. Don't worry about it. Meds are prescribed based on individual condition and everyone will be different. At this stage the focus is to build your lining and ensure timely ovulation so these meds will help. Just trust the doc and if you have any doubts, can always check with doc/ nurse on next follow-up. All the best and jia you!
Yap. Will trust my Dr & nurses...
Will start on my egg whites, longan red dates drink & red bean soup regime real soon. Hee
Which stage r u in now? All the best to u too...

I had a polyps removed in June. Doc told me it's better to remove it to improve ivf chances. Based on what I've read, many women who failed many rounds of ivf succeeded in their ivf after removing polyps. I think best is to take advice from your doc. Wishing you success this round.
May I ask where's the location of your polyps located? Is it in the uterus cavity?

Last edited:
Morning

Anyone at Kkh for scan today? Me here... First scan on d8 for natural fet. My no 1012.... 7.40am reached still no 12... Haha
Haha.. i was 1012 for 3x when i went for scanning at about your timing too. Go before 730 n queue inside to wait for door open. But now is faster as think they hv 2 rooms for scanning. So, dont worry .. its just a no..

Hi Ladies, Thanks for the replies. Can anyone let me know how is the procedure will be like?? Is it a day surgery or must stay 1 night? Also, will there be any HL leave and how long? Need to plan ahead.... Thank you all the input first! :)
Mine was they insert a pill into the vaginal n wait for 2 hours for cervix to open. I experienced the side effect of this pill and was shivering from the medication. The procedure was on GA, so don't feel much. After the ops, was prescribed with anti biotics. Didn't rem feeling pain after wards too. My doc showed me the video of the polyps before and after. And they sent the removed polyps for lab test to see if cancerous.

Natural ivf is more suitable for low reserve when no matter how much U jab you can only yield one or two eggs. In this case natural ivf is a good choice. If your reserve is good but you opt for natural ivf meaning only retrieved one or two egg, there is this risk of having none fertilised and to me its not worth it.
I agree, it's like you want to try IVF but don't want the pain that comes along with it - may waste the govt grant. I think for those who have decided to go for IVF should take the pain / fear of jabbing into consideration.

May I ask where's the location of your polyps located? Is it in the uterus cavity?
I think so but actually I'm not entirely sure. I heard from a friend she also had her polyps removed but without GA and it was fast. So she suspect mine was deep inside while hers is nearer to the outside so easier to remove.

Grade 2 still ok la...I think if it's very bad, then the doc will not proceed to transfer....try for the next cycle lo. Did you go for the blast?
No I went for day4 transferred , it was supposed transferred on blast but on day 4 then called me to go down to transferred as the embryos are going to glow slowly lor.... I think they also thought the embryos can't survive till day 5 then arrange for 1 day early transferred lor. I remember 1 sister was similar case as mine but under Jeff , dun noe how is she

Hi, it could most likely be allergy cos im allergic to aspirin. The one n last time i took it, while in Indonesia cos no panadol, my face swell like a pig!! Better to call n inform your doc!
Most prob is allergy! Better call your clinic tml morning. Allergy is no joke.
Hi shld be allergy...better inform doc
Confirm is ALLERGY. I am also allergic to aspirin and yes, the eyelids will swell like fishball. See a doc soon
Hi ladies, thanks for the replies & concern. I went to bed after posting. Not much swelling when I woke up this morning. So didn't call the clinic. The 'not scared of die' me continue with the aspirin tablet just now. So far OK - no swelling. Keeping my fingers crossed that it will remain like this :l

Hi ladies, thanks for the replies & concern. I went to bed after posting. Not much swelling when I woke up this morning. So didn't call the clinic. The 'not scared of die' me continue with the aspirin tablet just now. So far OK - no swelling. Keeping my fingers crossed that it will remain like this :l
Still feel that you should call the clinic and inform them. They will be able to change the meds for u. I am not allergix to aspirin but allergy to another type of painkiller.. also eye swell and then subside. But i never take any of that med or related med again.

haha... actually when my face swell I also didn't know it was aspirin allergy. As I was overseas, I continue with it for 2days/nights until I return home.
maybe your case is mild but if your eyes continue to swell, then you better call the doc for change of prescription. :)
Some people may be very sensitive and symptoms so severe that lead to shortness of breathe especially those with existing conditions like asthma, nasal polyps, hives etc.. Could be life threatening too!
take care!

Back