IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi ladies..

After my miscarriage and rest.. Did my SIS today finally but while doing the procedure i heard the sonographer that there are polyps inside.
Now is waiting to see Dr Tan in 16 Dec which is so far off :(

Any sisters did the SIS test and had polyps removal? Also does the polyps affect the IVF chances??

Nope, I'm with SGH CARE. But I did my ER on 30 Oct too. ET on 4 Nov. When is your BT?
If this time not a success for me, I also dunno what to do next cos SGH CARE will be undergoing renovation soon. Might have to switch clinic.. not sure. Is Dr Jerry good?
My BT is on 17 Nov.
He is getting better.. all my cycles were with him.. i dont know if is him or other doc also the same but he is always late.. :(
In my past cycles, he always say for my age, 34 then, should be no problem but cycles still fail and no explanation why. My last ET n 2ww was so painful that sitting up n walking were so difficult.
Stopped for a year and trying my 3rd ivf now. He is more punctual n not much pain in my wait now. We stick to him as we cannot choose doc in order to stay under subsidy.

If i am not mistaken, kk subsidy cases were handled by Dr Sahaba before Dr Chan and her reviews were quite good.

Does anyone feels that while ttc, our tummies are growing? It pains me to see it bulging yet i cant do anything that will strain the abdominal muscles...

Does anyone feels that while ttc, our tummies are growing? It pains me to see it bulging yet i cant do anything that will strain the abdominal muscles...
yes...i used to be called 'too skinny', now...*sigh*
During ivf, always feel worst than the hippo coz hippo can still run very fast and I can't even walk too fast with ovaries swelling.
Then after each fresh cycle, tummy grew and never fully went back to before.
Last time slimmer but never seem to please anyone ("you too skinny"), now with fleshier, seems to please everyone ("you look healthier") except myself. Think of it very depressing. But I just remind myself to focus on the goal and this will be all worth it. Also get assurance from hubby that he will appreciate all these compromises to comfort myself loh. Stay positive ya!

During ivf, always feel worst than the hippo coz hippo can still run very fast and I can't even walk too fast with ovaries swelling.
Last time slimmer but never seem to please anyone ("you too skinny"), now with fleshier, seems to please everyone ("you look healthier") except myself. Think of it very depressing. But I just remind myself to focus on the goal and this will be all worth it. Also get assurance from hubby that he will appreciate all these compromises to comfort myself loh. Stay positive ya!
Haa.. i also feel the same.. after each round, i can never seem to slim down the extra gain.
My hubby doesnt understand and keep saying i am originally fat even before the jabs. We been through and we know better

Hi all, I am a silent follower. Hope to learn more from your experience. I will only start in Jan.
@Joy10 I am also with SGH care under Dr Hema.
I'm with Dr Yu SL. I heard got upcoming renovation but not sure when exactly their reno starts. Meanwhile u can prep ur body like taking the vitamins that the other sisters here recommended. :)

My BT will be Fri, just go there to close the case as I already know the result Liao .... Not much can do just close the case and prepare for next fresh cycle lor...
Be going tmr... Den wil schedule next appointment if not according to plan... Anyway The BT for pregnancy is it still under ivf charges? Do I have to make payment tmr?

Yes it is enough. 200mg is recommended for those with difficulty conceive but not detected with medical issues affecting ovarian health.

I'm taking 300mg as hubby takes this max dosage for his sperm issues. This is the only antioxidant other than vit c he is taking. For us ladies, 200mg actually ok as we also taking prenatal multi vits unless u have diminished ovarian reserve as advised by the book I mentioned earlier. DH bought 300mg capsule type so I took the same as too troublesome to get another one at different dosage.

Thx dawn for sharing. My DH has sperm issue, and we sharing the bottles of coQ10. Yep maybe I'll ask him to take 2 tablets daily.

My BT is on 17 Nov.
He is getting better.. all my cycles were with him.. i dont know if is him or other doc also the same but he is always late.. :(
In my past cycles, he always say for my age, 34 then, should be no problem but cycles still fail and no explanation why. My last ET n 2ww was so painful that sitting up n walking were so difficult.
Stopped for a year and trying my 3rd ivf now. He is more punctual n not much pain in my wait now. We stick to him as we cannot choose doc in order to stay under subsidy.

If i am not mistaken, kk subsidy cases were handled by Dr Sahaba before Dr Chan and her reviews were quite good.
Ah i see.. then I probably won't get to choose doctor if I'm switching to KK and want subsidy.

My BT is a day earlier than urs, on 16 Nov.
I dunno if pain is a good thing or not cos at least feel like sth is going on inside, like maybe the embbies are working to attach to the wall. ;)
Anyway I do not feel anything during my 2WW. I dun feel pregnant at all. Pretty much like normal days except for the continuous spotting which is nerve wracking.
Hope you get BFP this cycle. Jia you!!

Ah i see.. then I probably won't get to choose doctor if I'm switching to KK and want subsidy.

My BT is a day earlier than urs, on 16 Nov.
I dunno if pain is a good thing or not cos at least feel like sth is going on inside, like maybe the embbies are working to attach to the wall. ;)
Anyway I do not feel anything during my 2WW. I dun feel pregnant at all. Pretty much like normal days except for the continuous spotting which is nerve wracking.
Hope you get BFP this cycle. Jia you!!
Thanks. You too jia you! :)

Just got discharged from hospital due to bad menses cramps and flow. Adenomyosis git worse and womb enlarged and swell causing horrible pains. Between sisters check with you for bfn cycles does af last longer due to the support medications we took. It's day 10 and still bleeding. Spotting.

I pray sisters in tww spread tonnes of baby dusts in this forum. I failed my first fet last week. Feel like a big lost and hopes diminishing and crashed time and again. Wonder when I can really hold my little one in this life.

Still persevering hearing many sisters success stories hoping one day it will happen to me. And that day comes real soon. We can't be trying forever as age and finance has a big toll on this journey. Told myself after next fet one more fresh with different doctor and that's it. Have done my best will focus on prayers and plead with God to make our journeys successful.

Mesara, i hope u r getting better and speedy recovery to you!
My AF was 3days (same as usual prior ivf) but they were just slightly heavier on 1st 2 day.
Rest well and keep your tummy warm! Hugz

Ya... I think those couples who survived through, tend to have a stronger relationship. It doesn't come easy, & everything will be worth the wait... Jiayou sisters!

I guess it's based on the fact that like most supplements, none is a specific medicine for treating egg quality issues or fertility issues. We can take this and tonnes of other measures but no guarantee. Even if see improvement you can't scientifically pin point it is attributed to this or other things we do. My view is to see supplements as what they are meant to be, ie to improve overall health. With improved health condition, hopefully can better handle the stress & excess hormone meds from ivf treatments then hopefully up our chances.
hi dearie, that's what I think as well for taking supplements but the way she answered is a straight no.

I just weighed myself ytd and just 1 cycle of ivf and i put on 4kg!!! Thats 1kg per week!
Now my tummy is like a bouy and i cant wear my jeans and most pants and skirts can't pass my hips!! :(:(
Very scary but for the sake of having a baby or two to cuddle and love... I'm gonna put up with it!

Last edited:
HI i am new here. Just want to know anyone going to Bangkok to do your IVF protocol?
I will be flying this Fri for ER only for frozen cycle. I hope that i have follicles to collect as i have low AmH and does not react well with the injections.
Hope anyone can share with me if you have done your IVF overseas.

I am at Bangkok doing IVF...same as you, doing ER for frozen cycle.

Through the HCG levels from the blood test. Those that never implant usually get 0 - 4 as HCG level.
Ya.. The nurse told me mine on 1 HCG.. Sob.. I thought I might have chance cos my embryo before the frozen is grade 3 after thaw it become grade 4. Sadly my womb not warm enough for my embryo to stick on. Sob

Really? If u dun mind me saying, the nurse gave me a different instruction for the inserts eh -_- both the nurse and pharmacists told me to walk around for 15 mins after the inserts and never lie down. Apparently it's the motion that rubs the gel onto the lining logic. But i really dunno which is the most ideal :(

Agree, I was told not to use the bathroom and not to sleep for an hour after insert. Motion will help the gel to work better.

Hi dear, I have previously Google on this and according to what I have read, it seems that walking after insertion of Crinone gel aids best in absorption. Maybe you want to clarify with the doc or nurse again. I don't experienced much discharge from the gel myself. What about you?
Ah.... I don't experience much discharge. It's gel/cream base so I guess it melts quite fast.

Think I will follow dawnbb advice to walk about n also lie down

Are u also with kkh under Dr Jerry Chan? I did my ER on 30 0ct appt at 8am & there was another lady also waiting tgr. Was that you?

I think that could be me! Mine was at 7.30am, think I was the 2nd person who went in for ER on 30 October. Was on the middle bed resting when after that another gal came in about half an hour later. Could be u beside me, but my doc is thh

I think that could be me! Mine was at 7.30am, think I was the 2nd person who went in for ER on 30 October. Was on the middle bed resting when after that another gal came in about half an hour later. Could be u beside me, but my doc is thh
That lady told she is under Dr Jerry. . As her gf had successful ivf under him. She also asked if can go swimming... not you right?Anyway, when is your BT?

I am currently with dr sadhana. I have asked her about taking extra supplements such as coq10 etc. but she replied that all these does not help to improve quality. I am puzzled by her reply, not sure if she is concluding based on my personal record or in general. Nevertheless I still go ahead with the supplements, never try never know what outcome. Any sisters here having same experience with dr sadhana?

Not with Dr Sadhana but with another dr. When I asked her about supplements, she told me that she would have advised me or given me if there are any that I should take. She only told me to take folic acid. So I think maybe some Dr only advise what to take based on concrete studies/proof.

Oh. Thank you ladies. I thought i am hopeless. I am already on maximum dose prognova and still 6 mm so am abit worried. I am on medicated fet.

Hi Sherleyuki.....i am a new member to this forum....actually i am planning to go to Bangkok to do ivf also....is it possible for u to provide me so info on your ivf with Bangkok sunce u are already in the ER stage...thanks..
Oh good for you. Which IVF clinic are you going in Bangkok?

Thanks . TFC is private. I transferred my frozen embbies from KKH to TFC. This is second transfer with TFC. First one was not successful
Gan1972, did u rest at hm during the 2ww or u went bak to work? I in a dilemma. Previously i stay hm for my 1st failed fresh cycle but the nurse at kkh encourage us to go bak work so that we wont think too much and stress ourself unneccesarily.

I just ended my second fresh cycle. Retrieved 14 follicles but no fertilisation at all. So nothing to transfer at all.

Disappointed with the result of this cycle, but there is nothing much to do now. Just have to decide whether wanna do another round in the future.
I'm sorry to hear that. How about taking some supplements like ubiquinol and possibly DHEA (but check with your doc first as this will affect your hormones) to improve egg quality before you start another fresh? You can scroll back to previous discussions where DawnBB has gave a detailed account of dosage she's taking. All the best to you. Don't give up. We are all here on the same journey.

@gan1972, Congratulations!! Grabbing your bb dusts! Wish you an enjoyable & fulfilling preggy journey! :)
Thank you DawnBB hopeful and joy10... Showering you with baby dust. Hope is a 顺顺 pregnancy as I have difficult one the first time.[/QUOTE]
Congrats and grabbing your baby dust. It's nice to hear good news on this forum. May I know what are your symptoms during your tww?

Hi Ladies, so nice to find all the support here in this forum.....

I have just failed my second fresh in Oct and now waiting to see doc follow up this month.... Heard from the nurses in SGH that Dec is full liao , so not able to do any FET... oh no, meaning no more chance to do FET. Am so loss now, no direction, duno where to do my FET now cos I know KKH don't accept any frozen embryos... Does anyone know if NUH accept frozen from SGH?

Age is catching up on me, wanna do FET asap as I still have some frozen left but who knows SGH having reno, what a bad timing..

Hi ladies..

After my miscarriage and rest.. Did my SIS today finally but while doing the procedure i heard the sonographer that there are polyps inside.

Any sisters did the SIS test and had polyps removal? Also does the polyps affect the IVF chances??
I heard that polyps may affect implantation and may cause miscarriage. I have done polyps removal in Feb this year. Trying naturally for a few months but no good news yet

I'm sorry to hear that. How about taking some supplements like ubiquinol and possibly DHEA (but check with your doc first as this will affect your hormones) to improve egg quality before you start another fresh? You can scroll back to previous discussions where DawnBB has gave a detailed account of dosage she's taking. All the best to you. Don't give up. We are all here on the same journey.
Thanks Celestialbaby for the encouragement.

Hi ladies..

I had a polyps removed in June. Doc told me it's better to remove it to improve ivf chances. Based on what I've read, many women who failed many rounds of ivf succeeded in their ivf after removing polyps. I think best is to take advice from your doc. Wishing you success this round.

Back