IVF/ICSI Support Group

Thank you DawnBB hopeful and joy10... Showering you with baby dust. Hope is a 顺顺 pregnancy as I have difficult one the first time.
Congrats and grabbing your baby dust. It's nice to hear good news on this forum. May I know what are your symptoms during your tww?[/QUOTE]
Gan1972, did u rest at hm during the 2ww or u went bak to work? I in a dilemma. Previously i stay hm for my 1st failed fresh cycle but the nurse at kkh encourage us to go bak work so that we wont think too much and stress ourself unneccesarily.
Hi I didn't have much symptoms except burping and farting... Quite similar to my first pregnancy ... Except I felt more tired maybe coz of age. My daughter kept saying I have a baby in my tummy and she is going to have a sister.
I went back to work on D2 post transfer . Sort of help as busy in office, takes my mind off the 2ww. Walked a lot as need to go for meetings etc

Hi dear, are u using crinone gel inserts? Was on that previously and also told to walk ard 30 mins right after. However, other sisters on utrogestan tablets insertion are told to lie in bed for better absorption.
So I think it depends on what your progesterone supports are.
Cheers

OMG. Yes. I am on that. So there is another type. Hahaha. Blur me. I was still wondering how come some say lie down some say move. Hahahaha. Thanks for clearing up my blurness

I did the same as babycomecome. Last time I inside lying down for 15-30min but I feel some of the medicine will come down. Then Dr Zou say is better to lie down for 1-2hrs so the medicine will totally dissolve inside. I feel what she say also got logic.

Hehhehehe. Now i know why. There are different types. I am on the Crinone insert. So walking is good for absorption :)

Congrats and grabbing your baby dust. It's nice to hear good news on this forum. May I know what are your symptoms during your tww?

Hi I didn't have much symptoms except burping and farting... Quite similar to my first pregnancy ... Except I felt more tired maybe coz of age. My daughter kept saying I have a baby in my tummy and she is going to have a sister.
I went back to work on D2 post transfer . Sort of help as busy in office, takes my mind off the 2ww. Walked a lot as need to go for meetings etc[/QUOTE]
Thanks for your reply. Maybe walking in moderation is good as it helps I'm blood circulation. Your daughter so cute. Her wish cams true. Wishing you a smooth pregnancy.

That lady told she is under Dr Jerry. . As her gf had successful ivf under him. She also asked if can go swimming... not you right?Anyway, when is your BT?

Nope, not me then. Pretty sure we were at the same resting area thou. 5 out of 6 beds were filled.

I transferred on 2nd nov, blood test on 19th nov, not sure why 2 days later than u thou when we ET same day.

I had very few mature follicles but luckily all 5 of the largest bear eggs & all 5 were fertilized.

I heard that polyps may affect implantation and may cause miscarriage. I have done polyps removal in Feb this year. Trying naturally for a few months but no good news yet

Hi, may be comforting to know my gf also removed polyps & post surgery within 3 months she preg naturally , she is 5 months preg now

I am at Bangkok doing IVF...same as you, doing ER for frozen cycle.
Oh good for you. Which IVF clinic are you going in Bangkok?
Oh good for you. Which IVF clinic are you going in Bangkok?
Hi, my tcm doc said she got patients tried 3 times of ivf in spore but all the eggs did not fertilised...and she flew to Bangkok and tried at safe fertility centre under Dr Wiwat and first time only she retrieved 4 eggs and all 4 were fertilized and she got pregnant... So i am thinking of going to Dr Wiwat also....can u share with me how is your experience with your ivf in Bangkok such as how many times we need to fly over to Bangkok and each time how long we need to stay there.....as u know our work dont allow us to fly so frequent...hope to get some advice from u....thanks in advance.

Nope, not me then. Pretty sure we were at the same resting area thou. 5 out of 6 beds were filled.

I transferred on 2nd nov, blood test on 19th nov, not sure why 2 days later than u thou when we ET same day.

I had very few mature follicles but luckily all 5 of the largest bear eggs & all 5 were fertilized.
Also dont know why the difference in BT date.

Hi, my tcm doc said she got patients tried 3 times of ivf in spore but all the eggs did not fertilised...and she flew to Bangkok and tried at safe fertility centre under Dr Wiwat and first time only she retrieved 4 eggs and all 4 were fertilized and she got pregnant... So i am thinking of going to Dr Wiwat also....can u share with me how is your experience with your ivf in Bangkok such as how many times we need to fly over to Bangkok and each time how long we need to stay there.....as u know our work dont allow us to fly so frequent...hope to get some advice from u....thanks in advance.
Hi fp0706, I am flying off this Friday for retrieval and freezing as Dr Wiwat suggests that frozen embryo is better as it can allows our uterus and ovary to rest for a while before transfer. Therefore i will be freezing and do the transfer at a later date. For me, i am doing 3 retrievals exercise, before transferring.
For 1 IVF fresh cycle, only need to go there twice. First is for dr to diagnose you and give medications, you can get prescription and buy from SG too (but is double and you need to do 2 different injections). In BKK the Gonal F and Menopaur are combined together to inject and no burning pain at all. Needle very tiny. When your menses is here, you can visit SG gynae to do a baseline scan and bloodtest and send BKK the results before they approved your injections. The next trip will be on day 9 or 10 depends, and you stay slightly longer around 4 days to do trigger shot. If you cannot stay too long you can request trigger shot in SG. The main diff is the technology and methods that are used by Dr Wiwat.

Hi fp0706, I am flying off this Friday for retrieval and freezing as Dr Wiwat suggests that frozen embryo is better as it can allows our uterus and ovary to rest for a while before transfer. Therefore i will be freezing and do the transfer at a later date. For me, i am doing 3 retrievals exercise, before transferring.
For 1 IVF fresh cycle, only need to go there twice. First is for dr to diagnose you and give medications, you can get prescription and buy from SG too (but is double and you need to do 2 different injections). In BKK the Gonal F and Menopaur are combined together to inject and no burning pain at all. Needle very tiny. When your menses is here, you can visit SG gynae to do a baseline scan and bloodtest and send BKK the results before they approved your injections. The next trip will be on day 9 or 10 depends, and you stay slightly longer around 4 days to do trigger shot. If you cannot stay too long you can request trigger shot in SG. The main diff is the technology and methods that are used by Dr Wiwat.
Hi Sherleyuki, thanks for your sharing...by the way, why must u do 3 times of retrievals? Meaning u have to do 3 cycles of stimulation before u can do ET? Also for the 1st visit to Dr Wiwat that is for the diagnose and buy medicine, can i just fly over on Saturday and fly back to spore the next day that is Sunday? Do u encounter any problems when u were at Bangkok and Spore custom with the jab medicine?

Hi all

May I know if any of you have heard of 'Endometrial Scracthing',or in other words, its also called Womb Scratching. I went through 2 fresh Ivf cycles with good embryos but unfortunately both failed. Doctor suggested me to go through this womb scratching before i start another Ivf cycle... Just want to know if any of you went through it b4?

Hi Sherleyuki, thanks for your sharing...by the way, why must u do 3 times of retrievals? Meaning u have to do 3 cycles of stimulation before u can do ET? Also for the 1st visit to Dr Wiwat that is for the diagnose and buy medicine, can i just fly over on Saturday and fly back to spore the next day that is Sunday? Do u encounter any problems when u were at Bangkok and Spore custom with the jab medicine?
Hi FP0706 i have low reserve and i don't even react well with long protocol, after all these injections only 2 eggs. So Dr Wiwat suggests we just do short protocol and medications, only 1 injection a day to collect as many eggs as possible and freeze all. My chances will be higher if i can put 3 eggs inside. He calculated i might need to do 3 times to collect enough good quality eggs. I only pay when i do the cycle so if first cycle is good enough then no need to do the rest just choose a date for ET. During ER i also opt for another check where they put a camera inside your uterus to ensure no adhesion and other things. Dr Wiwat says our eggs contributes about 70% of success rate, the other 30% is the sperm quality and the womb. So this 30% can be enhanced. For diagnose and buy medication you can, they are open Sat and Sun, you can make appointment with them to see doctor in the afternoon, the staff will orientate you and explain to you. Medications can be taken after that or before you fly because need to be in a ice bag. Before seeing doctor the clinic will request you to send all your results and blood test done previously to them and they will study it first. Very professional

Ladies, I'm now thinking of going to TFC as I see that Dr Loh is quite highly recommended here. The package cost stated on the website is S$8,599, seems reasonable as well. Anyone here can advise me the cost is it really within this range? Many thanks..

Hi ladies ..for those under kkh .. which day from start of your mensus after your baseline scan were u told to go back for next scan? I was told to go back for next scan on day 13 .. whereas a fellow sister who started today was told to go back on day 10 for next scan .. so weird not standardized

Last edited:
Hi ladies ..for those under kkh .. which day from start of your mensus after your baseline scan were u told to go back for next scan? I was told to go back for next scan on day 13 .. whereas a fellow sister who started today was told to go back on day 10 for next scan .. so weird not standardized
After my menses i started lucrin on D21 then first scan is 10days later. I am on long protocol. Not sure if we talking the same.

Ladies, I'm now thinking of going to TFC as I see that Dr Loh is quite highly recommended here. The package cost stated on the website is S$8,599, seems reasonable as well. Anyone here can advise me the cost is it really within this range? Many thanks..

Mine is almost double the cost you indicated which is excluding tests ordered by dr loh.
The actual cost will depend what procedure you need such as assisted hatching etc.

Hi FP0706 i have low reserve and i don't even react well with long protocol, after all these injections only 2 eggs. So Dr Wiwat suggests we just do short protocol and medications, only 1 injection a day to collect as many eggs as possible and freeze all. My chances will be higher if i can put 3 eggs inside. He calculated i might need to do 3 times to collect enough good quality eggs. I only pay when i do the cycle so if first cycle is good enough then no need to do the rest just choose a date for ET. During ER i also opt for another check where they put a camera inside your uterus to ensure no adhesion and other things. Dr Wiwat says our eggs contributes about 70% of success rate, the other 30% is the sperm quality and the womb. So this 30% can be enhanced. For diagnose and buy medication you can, they are open Sat and Sun, you can make appointment with them to see doctor in the afternoon, the staff will orientate you and explain to you. Medications can be taken after that or before you fly because need to be in a ice bag. Before seeing doctor the clinic will request you to send all your results and blood test done previously to them and they will study it first. Very professional
Hi Sherleyuki...thank you very much for all your precious information, really appreciate that...i also have low ovarian reserve so dunno how many times of retrieval i muz do before ET. Have u ever done your ivf in spore before? I have done 4 fresh cycles in spore before, first 3 cycles all bfn with no frozen eggs and the recent last cycle with 2 eggs retrieved but none is fertilized so no ET was done...this is the reason my tcm doc recommended me to try in Bkk....furthermore i am not young anymore....:(

Hi Sherleyuki...thank you very much for all your precious information, really appreciate that...i also have low ovarian reserve so dunno how many times of retrieval i muz do before ET. Have u ever done your ivf in spore before? I have done 4 fresh cycles in spore before, first 3 cycles all bfn with no frozen eggs and the recent last cycle with 2 eggs retrieved but none is fertilized so no ET was done...this is the reason my tcm doc recommended me to try in Bkk....furthermore i am not young anymore....:(
Hi FP0706 no worries you are not alone... I will be touching 40 soon. I have done my IVF in NUH this year but failed so a friend recommended me of the clinic as she succeeded at age 42. I had a short holiday to BKK in Oct and at the same time check out the clinic and consult the dr. The clinic is very professional and they explain to you the procedures and charges as well. Dr Wiwat also recommend some supplements to take as well.

Hi FP0706 no worries you are not alone... I will be touching 40 soon. I have done my IVF in NUH this year but failed so a friend recommended me of the clinic as she succeeded at age 42. I had a short holiday to BKK in Oct and at the same time check out the clinic and consult the dr. The clinic is very professional and they explain to you the procedures and charges as well. Dr Wiwat also recommend some supplements to take as well.
Hi
Hi Sherleyuki.. i am older than you..hehehe...hope that u will have a smooth ER tomorrow and yield many many good eggs ok...kindly update me of your progress ok....all the best to u...

Someone also previously asked for a ballpark figure of how much it costs (all inclusive plus meds, consultation, scans, blood tests during ivf, procedures) to have a round of ICSI with Dr Loh at TFC. It's average SGD15k more or less dependent on stim protocol, amount of medication and number of scans/consultations. This average estimate covers egg retrieval package for up to 15 total eggs retrieved. Beyond 15 eggs, every 5 eggs add S$250. In addition, the more embryos to freeze, the more the cost for freezing. Also additional service of assisted hatching will be charged separately only if required.

Someone also previously asked for a ballpark figure of how much it costs (all inclusive plus meds, consultation, scans, blood tests during ivf, procedures) to have a round of ICSI with Dr Loh at TFC. It's average SGD15k more or less dependent on stim protocol, amount of medication and number of scans/consultations. This average estimate covers egg retrieval package for up to 15 total eggs retrieved. Beyond 15 eggs, every 5 eggs add S$250. In addition, the more embryos to freeze, the more the cost for freezing. Also additional service of assisted hatching will be charged separately only if required.

DawnBB, many thanks for your reply. I will discuss again with my DH and see if we should go for KKH or TFC.

Juz receive call... BT is negative will see Dr Yu again next month for her advice.... In the mean time... Try try n try... Thinking positive even though it hurt...

Changing my diet going to prepare my body for next cycle only in middle of next year .... Y must renovate!!

For the others.... Don gv up... We try wat we suppose to do but watevr the result is it... At least we know we don gv up... Best of luck...

I heard that polyps may affect implantation and may cause miscarriage. I have done polyps removal in Feb this year. Trying naturally for a few months but no good news yet

I had a polyps removed in June. Doc told me it's better to remove it to improve ivf chances. Based on what I've read, many women who failed many rounds of ivf succeeded in their ivf after removing polyps. I think best is to take advice from your doc. Wishing you success this round.

Hi Ladies, Thanks for the replies. Can anyone let me know how is the procedure will be like?? Is it a day surgery or must stay 1 night? Also, will there be any HL leave and how long? Need to plan ahead.... Thank you all the input first! :)

Hi I have silently reading this thread in case I do need to do ivf.

@Daniz can I check, for your next ivf cycle with sgh, when is the date approx you are given? I understand that care is under reno from feb to june. I'm tiking when is their cutoff date.

Juz receive call... BT is negative will see Dr Yu again next month for her advice.... In the mean time... Try try n try... Thinking positive even though it hurt...

Changing my diet going to prepare my body for next cycle only in middle of next year .... Y must renovate!!

For the others.... Don gv up... We try wat we suppose to do but watevr the result is it... At least we know we don gv up... Best of luck...

Hi Ladies, Thanks for the replies. Can anyone let me know how is the procedure will be like?? Is it a day surgery or must stay 1 night? Also, will there be any HL leave and how long? Need to plan ahead.... Thank you all the input first! :)

Polyps removal surgery is a day surgery, no need to stay overnight. HL is about 1 week. U will on GA while the procedure is on. The doc will smoothen out the uneven surfaces in the womb. Cutting out all the excess 'flesh' inside there.

Polyps removal surgery is a day surgery, no need to stay overnight. HL is about 1 week. U will on GA while the procedure is on. The doc will smoothen out the uneven surfaces in the womb. Cutting out all the excess 'flesh' inside there.
Hi babycomecome, Did you succeed after doing this procedure? Did you for awhile before proceeding to IVF cycle?

May I know if we can get govt subsidies only by going to polyclinic and get a referral letter? If we call up to book appt with the doc we want, then
we are considered as private patient and cannot enjoy the 6.3k + 6k subsidies?

Hi I have silently reading this thread in case I do need to do ivf.

@Daniz can I check, for your next ivf cycle with sgh, when is the date approx you are given? I understand that care is under reno from feb to june. I'm tiking when is their cutoff date.
Hi there graceakavlouds...They told me it wil be in July coz of the renovation. January is the so call cut off date. Are you doing ur first ivf?

May I know if we can get govt subsidies only by going to polyclinic and get a referral letter? If we call up to book appt with the doc we want, then

Everyone going for ART will get 6k subsidies... subsequent 2nd and 3rs time is 5k and 4k.
The additional grant whixh im unsure the exact amount is for those sisters below 40.
I dont thinkit need to be private or non private. Cos i went to TFC whixh is private and still get the medisave subsidies.

Everyone going for ART will get 6k subsidies... subsequent 2nd and 3rs time is 5k and 4k.
The additional grant whixh im unsure the exact amount is for those sisters below 40.
I dont thinkit need to be private or non private. Cos i went to TFC whixh is private and still get the medisave subsidies.
Oic, thanks patn! I have sent NUH an email and received their reply regarding their queue status. They do not have waiting time for IVF so I guess it should be faster than KKH, I hope. I have called up to book for 1st consultation with Dr Wong which is on 5th Dec. Hope I can start my ivf in Jan. I dropped TFC as it is too ex.

Hi H0peful

It depends on ur lining ....if still got long way to go then no need go back so fast to scan again... me going to first scan tomorrow on d8 as d10 fall on sun.....I predict my next scan will be 17/11 d12 or 18/11 d13 ...as my cycle is more days not so fast ready....

Oic, thanks patn! I have sent NUH an email and received their reply regarding their queue status. They do not have waiting time for IVF so I guess it should be faster than KKH, I hope. I have called up to book for 1st consultation with Dr Wong which is on 5th Dec. Hope I can start my ivf in Jan. I dropped TFC as it is too ex.

No prob about where to start your cycle cos your doc will do its best so we just have faith.
I am also starting my cycle in jan so we have support. I think Sparkling_ee and Celestialbaby also jan cycle if i remember correctly.

Hi babycomecome, Did you succeed after doing this procedure? Did you for awhile before proceeding to IVF cycle?

I started ivf on the following month after the procedure but did not succeed. I succeeded 4 months after the failed cycle, 6months after the procedure.

Private patient (choose ur own doc) in Govt Hospitals will be entitled to the grant.

Erm, I got a question though. Wat if all 3 cycles of grants had been utilised but did not succeed getting pregnant? Wat is the alternative steps or where to seek financial help?

Back