IVF/ICSI Support Group

hi sisters, I've been a silent reader for a while, just got BFN from my first fresh cycle :( I have 2 frozen but am wondering should I start FET immediately this month when AF arrives? or wait a while for my body to recover? I didn't suffer too much after ER, only bloatedness which was gone in a few days. But who knows what goes on inside the body... Beans didn't stick as well, sob sob... :(
Doc suggested that there's no issue to do immediately only concern is some people can be too emotionally affected by the last failed cycle so it may not be good. Any input sisters? What do you think?

I did a fresh cycle but had to delay embryo transfer to the next mth and by then I felt ok already. It depends on yourself, are you mentally, emotionally and physically ready? Or you feel you want to tiao your body some more etc.

Can try eating avocado with honey. Tastes nice.

Hello the_spinsterella.
thanks and yes, I saw this suggestion from many dearies here. As I'm more savoury then sweet tooth, only when I get tired of the same taste, I replace the balsamic vinegar with honey and add dried fruits and leave out the garlic. Guess I was really cracking my head to adapt the recipe when having to take something I would not naturally like. Fortunately can draw inspiration from ladies here.

Btw, congrats and hope a smooth sailing preggo journey for you!

hi sisters, I've been a silent reader for a while, just got BFN from my first fresh cycle :( I have 2 frozen but am wondering should I start FET immediately this month when AF arrives? or wait a while for my body to recover? I didn't suffer too much after ER, only bloatedness which was gone in a few days. But who knows what goes on inside the body... Beans didn't stick as well, sob sob... :(
Doc suggested that there's no issue to do immediately only concern is some people can be too emotionally affected by the last failed cycle so it may not be good. Any input sisters? What do you think?

Hi stickies, I had just did 1st fresh cycle too, no frozen embryos left, ended up possible m/c too. I think this kind of thing cannot rush. better make sure you and your husband are both emotionally ok first, before starting again. Physical can treat with medicine/procedures, but emotions and mental health are more difficult to manage.

meanwhile, wait for your physical health to return first. read up on how to increase chance of implantation.

I'm not too sure about AF and how it affects FET though.

Hi everyone! Expecting my first bb from my first IVF (ICSI) cycle! Am 5 weeks along today and feeling very blessed and excited especially cos I saw our little bean pop up super clearly in our early scan yesterday. Can't wait to see our little bean's heartbeat flicker across the screen in our next scan in 1.5 weeks! And thereafter, to find out the gender!

My doctor mentioned something which worried me yesterday though. She wants to do weekly scans for me! Is that normal for IVF pregnancies? It's very expensive to do weekly scans right? And I am not sure if weekly scans will cause harm to the bb? Can any experienced ivf mummies offer me some advice on this?

Baby dust to everyone! Infertility is SUCH a hard journey! (I had 2 failed IUIs before striking gold with IVF)

Hi everyone! Expecting my first bb from my first IVF cycle! Am 5 weeks along today and feeling very blessed and excited especially cos I saw our little bean pop up super clearly in our early scan yesterday. Can't wait to see our little bean's heartbeat flicker across the screen in our next scan in 1.5 weeks! And thereafter, to find out the gender!

My doctor mentioned something which worried me yesterday though. She wants to do weekly scans for me! Is that normal for IVF pregnancies? It's very expensive to do weekly scans right? And I am not sure if weekly scans will cause harm to the bb? Can any experienced ivf mummies offer me some advice on this?

Baby dust to everyone! Infertility is SUCH a hard journey! (I had 2 failed IUIs before striking gold with IVF)

Congratulations belpzz. Grabbing your baby dust. I'm not there yet to be able to advise but believe doc wouldn't be doing anything that harms the bb. Worth asking the doc during your next visit to settle any doubts :)

Hi everyone! Expecting my first bb from my first IVF (ICSI) cycle! Am 5 weeks along today and feeling very blessed and excited especially cos I saw our little bean pop up super clearly in our early scan yesterday. Can't wait to see our little bean's heartbeat flicker across the screen in our next scan in 1.5 weeks! And thereafter, to find out the gender!

Hi, which hospital are you at? Ultrasound doesnt harm the bb.

Hi, it's actually good to freeze them and do it slighter later when ur body is feeling better. I had pretty bad OHSS during my first fresh cycle and I regretted going ahead with it and wasted 3 precious embies as a result. Do give it a tot. It might not be a bad idea after all. Coz OHSS feeling is very horrible. I remember the pain is so bad I couldn't even stand straight , how can the embies survive when the mummy's condition is so bad?

Agree, I also read that frozen embryos are considered stronger if it can withstand the freezing and thawing process and higher chance of pregnancy if womb has rested and in better condition. I'm going for my FET in Nov. Didn't do any transfer after OR because of possibility of OHSS. Good luck everyone! :)

Last edited:
Congratulations belpzz. Grabbing your baby dust. I'm not there yet to be able to advise but believe doc wouldn't be doing anything that harms the bb. Worth asking the doc during your next visit to settle any doubts :)

Thank u! Yesterday's bill for scan + a few days of ivf pregnancy support meds + urine test for UTI set me back $600 plus leh. I damn scared every time scan i will kena chop like yesterday. haha

Hi, which hospital are you at? Ultrasound doesnt harm the bb.

Raffles hospital! Under Dr Thong Pao Wen. She's very good but very ex

Hello the_spinsterella.
thanks and yes, I saw this suggestion from many dearies here. As I'm more savoury then sweet tooth, only when I get tired of the same taste, I replace the balsamic vinegar with honey and add dried fruits and leave out the garlic. Guess I was really cracking my head to adapt the recipe when having to take something I would not naturally like. Fortunately can draw inspiration from ladies here.

Btw, congrats and hope a smooth sailing preggo journey for you!

Thank you Dawn. Best of luck to you too! You are in your 2ww right?

Agree, I also read that frozen embryos are considered stronger if it can withstand the freezing and thawing process and highly chance of pregnancy if womb has rested and in better condition. I'm going for my FET in Nov. Didn't do any transfer after OR because of possibility of OHSS. Good luck everyone! :)

Mine was FET :) Good luck for your FET in Nov! Join me soon! :)

Congrats! We're under the same hospital but different Dr. So far mine ask me to scan next week. Not sure if she wants me to scan weekly otherwise the $$ sure headache also. Did you do your IVF with RH also?

Agree, I also read that frozen embryos are considered stronger if it can withstand the freezing and thawing process and highly chance of pregnancy if womb has rested and in better condition. I'm going for my FET in Nov. Didn't do any transfer after OR because of possibility of OHSS. Good luck everyone! :)

Same as me! Good luck! I see there are ppl who did better with FET than fresh. :)

Thank u! Yesterday's bill for scan + a few days of ivf pregnancy support meds + urine test for UTI set me back $600 plus leh. I damn scared every time scan i will kena chop like yesterday. haha

belpzz dear, can share your age and also any special tips or things you did in your 2ww?

Thanks!! :) Yes. 3rd fresh ICSI. Today is 4dp2dt.

Can share any special tips or things you did in your 2ww leading to your BFP?

In my 2ww, the first week I stayed at home and just watch dramas etc. Second week I go to work.
I ate confinement meals during the 2ww.
I ate golden kiwis, figs, raisins, brazil nuts (only 2 per day) and walnuts.
I drank only Longan red date tea, mineral water (a few bottles because I kept getting thirsty) and chlorophyll water.
Plus I listened to my IVF belief CD. You want to borrow the CD?

In my 2ww, the first week I stayed at home and just watch dramas etc. Second week I go to work.
I drank only Longan red date tea, mineral water (a few bottles because I kept getting thirsty) and chlorophyll water.

the hospital recommends 30min walking daily during 2ww. during the initial phase of 2ww, did anyone with BFP do like a full bed rest/minimal walking (<30min) , maybe at least in first 3-5 days?
my friend who had successful IVF preg (with healthy bb gal), did accupuncture right away on same day after ET to "anchor" the emmbie, she also did bed rest in 1st week. but was also reading some other US/UK forums, bed rest or no bed rest had little differences?

the hospital recommends 30min walking daily during 2ww. during the initial phase of 2ww, did anyone with BFP do like a full bed rest/minimal walking (<30min) , maybe at least in first 3-5 days?
my friend who had successful IVF preg (with healthy bb gal), did accupuncture right away on same day after ET to "anchor" the emmbie, she also did bed rest in 1st week. but was also reading some other US/UK forums, bed rest or no bed rest had little differences?

In the first week I was at home and did minimal walking. Dr said there isn't any difference but my parents think I should minimize walking. So I pretty much sit at home and rest on the bed/couch. But second week I went back to work and did things as per normal.

Congrats! We're under the same hospital but different Dr. So far mine ask me to scan next week. Not sure if she wants me to scan weekly otherwise the $$ sure headache also. Did you do your IVF with RH also?

Thanks! Yes I did :) sigh i think i will try my best to stretch out my scans. seeing my little bean yesterday was really indescribable though :)

belpzz dear, can share your age and also any special tips or things you did in your 2ww?

I am 33 this year. Tips wise, do an endo scratch the month before you do your IVF for sure. It's supposed to double the chances of implantation. I also did acupuncture just before and after my embryo transfer. Once again, it's supposed to double the chances of implantation. I did FET too which I believe helped a lot cos if I were to do a fresh transfer, my body wouldn't have had the time to recover from all the stims and the egg retrieval. I also took a 2 month break in between my egg retrieval and went on 3 holidays in 2 months. London, Malaysia and Hong Kong. I believe this helped a lot in making me a lot happier and more relaxed as well.

As for the period after my embryo transfer, I took 2 weeks off work to rest at home. I rested a LOT, ate very healthily, had a lot of avocados and about 5-6 brazil nuts every day :)

Oh and I also started taking baby aspirin about 2 weeks before my FET. I am still taking baby aspirin now that I am pregnant. It's supposed to improve blood flow to the uterus.

Good luck, hope everyone who's trying for a baby joins me soon!

Hi twinkletot! I did my 2nd fresh in Kkivf and yes, gotta wait a few mths too. Unlike FET u can start anytime u like. But the wait is not as long as the first round when u need to go thru all the preliminary tests. 2nd fresh is faster. And yes, they made me go thru counseling again. How silly is that?
@hopes counselling again? But my 1st fresh in May 2015 only wor. Or could it be your 1st fresh quite some time ago?

Thanks for yr reply. Are you with dr matthew lau previously,transferred to dr jerry as dr matthew has left for a moment?
1. did dr jerry use orgulatron from day 2 starts?
2. N decide e dosage of e start of menoput jab for you or ?
I am with dr lau kkh who left. still deciding to continue with kkh or go nuh/private/forget abt ivf for e 3rd attempt :(

My history:
1. 1st attempt-private: 14 eggs,11 injected and all fertilised, 2 put into me, 9 arrested after day 5 n non to freeze. Bfn
Diagnosis by doc- male factor
2. 2nd attempt -kkh : 10 eggs,8 injected and 2 eggs put under observation. 9 cant even fertilise.by cd 2 all 9 gone. O to freeze . 1 grade 2 put into me. 2 under observation inject with hubby sperm ony 1 day after OR. Cant make it. Bfn
Diagnosis by doc- old eggs
Tried multivits for 1st n 2nd cycle
Tcm for 2nd cycle.
3. 3rd attempt - dunno what to do

Hi connie_hopeful. Just read this older post from you.

Can share your age if you dun mind? You seem to have good egg reserve and respond well just need to address quality? Not sure of the reason why you switch from first doc. If you want to continue at KKH, Dr Tan HH has been highly recommended from ladies in this forum.
If you can consider private, my recommendation would be Dr Loh SF at TFC.

The stims protocol is very much dependent on the doc's expertise. why would we need them if it is up to us to decide what, when and dosage of the meds. I would ask Dr Loh purpose of the specific drug and why change etc and he always explain logically. Also from my experience, I never had LH suppressing jab starting on day 2 but really only the doc knows best.

If you do settle with a doc you are comfortable with, I would follow-through the journey with that doc. Having first hand knowledge of your response from previous cycles is very key for the doc to work his magic based on his experience to customise the stims protocol which is one very key factor in optimising egg quantity and quality.

It's hard and it takes a lot of courage to go on yet perseverance is needed in this journey. I hope you don't give up and wish all the best for you.

Twinkletots if your 1st cycle is with Kkh. After dr review, dr will advise u. Earliest u can do again is after 1cycle of mens to clear out all the previous med n Tiao your body. Some sister use that mens cycle to try it out n got bfp. Cos our body still have the med in it. Bb dust to you
@piglet02 thks. But my 1st fresh is in May 2015, body no longer have medi liao. Now I am on 1st FET. no more embryos left.

Wow thanks the_spinsterella! Very nice of you to offer to loan your CD. I saw you mention it ytd but gathered it will be too late for me to order it for my current 2ww. If you really dun mind and not inconvenient for you, I would love to borrow. Just let me know how you prefer to go about it. :)

Shortcake2, Sonique2001, at which stage does we need to start to consume egg white, and how many egg white is recommended. And is having egg white been advised by Doctor as I seems on this forum, it seems a lot of people having egg whites.

Never heard a doc advice on this.. hehe... some nurses do believe on this and inform me... but take note, some nurses don't believe such.

Wow thanks the_spinsterella! Very nice of you to offer to loan your CD. I saw you mention it ytd but gathered it will be too late for me to order it for my current 2ww. If you really dun mind and not inconvenient for you, I would love to borrow. Just let me know how you prefer to go about it. :)

No problem, good things must share! I PM-ed you. :)

Actually not so much of egg whites, it is really protein rich food. At TFC, the standard guideline has been updated from "continue taking 6-8 egg whites daily" to "continue taking high protein diet such as egg whites, chicken, fish etc."

I found this article from a doc explains quite well the reason - Are you at risk for Hyperstimulation Syndrome? by Daniel Potter, MD.
http://www.path2parenthood.org/article/are-you-at-risk-for-hyperstimulation-syndrome/

I used http://www.babycenter.com/pregnancy-due-date-calculator.
Should use the LMP. My dr said shd be based on LMP.
Yah, it's a painful wait,right? Mine is supposed to be next Monday but I can't make it so had to push it to next Friday, which extends the waiting period! :-(
I'm quite scared of every pain and keep checking if got bleeding etc cos I'm scared of ectopic.
Omg, me too! I kept going to toilet to check too and also afraid of ectopic. I had some pain last night when I was sleeping. I have been going to toilet every hour to check and make sure there is no blood.

How I wish the scan is this Friday so that I can rest my mind!

I used http://www.babycenter.com/pregnancy-due-date-calculator.
Should use the LMP. My dr said shd be based on LMP.
Yah, it's a painful wait,right? Mine is supposed to be next Monday but I can't make it so had to push it to next Friday, which extends the waiting period! :-(
I'm quite scared of every pain and keep checking if got bleeding etc cos I'm scared of ectopic.

Omg, me too! I kept going to toilet to check too and also afraid of ectopic. I had some pain last night when I was sleeping. I have been going to toilet every hour to check and make sure there is no blood.

How I wish the scan is this Friday so that I can rest my mind!

Dearies, jia you! Will pray for all to be well for you :)

Started to have fresh red blood flow gushed out this morning after several days of dark brownish red flow...
Been having heavy menses like cramps on and off since 3 days after transfer too
Hiaz...
Nevertheless, continue to be positive everyone.

Hi Dramaqueenie, did u see the doc and are you feeling better now? Hugz

Hi Dramaqueenie, did u see the doc and are you feeling better now? Hugz

Thanks dear, have gotten a jab. Frankly, there's very little else to do except rest and pray.
I'm trying to be positive but there's this niggling feeling that all is not well.
Have prepared for the worst since taking my beta yesterday. Didn't expect to process any further actually. Come what may.

Thanks dear, have gotten a jab. Frankly, there's very little else to do except rest and pray.
I'm trying to be positive but there's this niggling feeling that all is not well.
Have prepared for the worst since taking my beta yesterday. Didn't expect to process any further actually. Come what may.

Got you & growing embie in my prayers :)
Sending lots of love and tight warm hugs

Thanks! Yes I did :) sigh i think i will try my best to stretch out my scans. seeing my little bean yesterday was really indescribable though :)

I am 33 this year. Tips wise, do an endo scratch the month before you do your IVF for sure. It's supposed to double the chances of implantation. I also did acupuncture just before and after my embryo transfer. Once again, it's supposed to double the chances of implantation. I did FET too which I believe helped a lot cos if I were to do a fresh transfer, my body wouldn't have had the time to recover from all the stims and the egg retrieval. I also took a 2 month break in between my egg retrieval and went on 3 holidays in 2 months. London, Malaysia and Hong Kong. I believe this helped a lot in making me a lot happier and more relaxed as well.

As for the period after my embryo transfer, I took 2 weeks off work to rest at home. I rested a LOT, ate very healthily, had a lot of avocados and about 5-6 brazil nuts every day :)

Oh and I also started taking baby aspirin about 2 weeks before my FET. I am still taking baby aspirin now that I am pregnant. It's supposed to improve blood flow to the uterus.

Good luck, hope everyone who's trying for a baby joins me soon!
What's baby aspirin? Recommended by your dr or u asked for it?

Even though the passing mark for beta is 250 at KKIVF but one is considered pregnant when beta is 5 or more.
Normally, if not pregnant, we will only have 0+ to 2 bhcg level in our body.

my beta was 16 during 1st beta. 2nd beta <0.1. i think dun even need to think abt the histo results anymore.

I see.. This is what they called chemical pregnancy?
Rest well and get your body for the next round! Let's jia you together!

hmm... good question. ;) another question to add to my list to ask doc next week. think in the end still have to depend on the histo result, maybe the embbie did got implanted?

I think I will do ttc naturally for the time being, tiao my body, and try to get my hubby's fertility treated first. Have booked an appointment with dr tan kian sing tcm, but the next appt slot is only in oct.

hmm... good question. ;) another question to add to my list to ask doc next week. think in the end still have to depend on the histo result, maybe the embbie did got implanted?

I think I will do ttc naturally for the time being, tiao my body, and try to get my hubby's fertility treated first. Have booked an appointment with dr tan kian sing tcm, but the next appt slot is only in oct.
I think when u have hcg of 16 in your blood, the embbie shud have implanted cos hcg only produced by body after implantation. Its just unfortunate that its not growing as it shud. Take ur time to recover to prepare for the nx step.
Dunno whats ur religion but one sifu once told me that if miscarriage, means the baby side is ready, but the mother side is not ready. Its not the perfect timing yet. So have faith! Its just a matter of time before he/she will come to you.

I think when u have hcg of 16 in your blood, the embbie shud have implanted cos hcg only produced by body after implantation. Its just unfortunate that its not growing as it shud. Take ur time to recover to prepare for the nx step.
Dunno whats ur religion but one sifu once told me that if miscarriage, means the baby side is ready, but the mother side is not ready. Its not the perfect timing yet. So have faith! Its just a matter of time before he/she will come to you.
thanks! You mean mother's side as in?

my wife had her FET (2nd try) early last week. This morning did a urine test at home and got a faint line. Went to the clinic this afternoon and did a blood test with beta hcg 180. Would it gradually increase every day? Is 180 a good figure for one week transfer?

what are her do and don't in term of movement and diet? Appreciate your advice!

my wife had her FET (2nd try) early last week. This morning did a urine test at home and got a faint line. Went to the clinic this afternoon and did a blood test with beta hcg 180. Would it gradually increase every day? Is 180 a good figure for one week transfer?

what are her do and don't in term of movement and diet? Appreciate your advice!
Congrats! 180 hcg for 1 wk is very promising. # should go up gradually on a daily basis. Can continue those longan red date drink and chicken essence to keep womb warm. No raw food.

Oh when u seeing him? I called and they gave 5th oct but that's during working hrs. After 5pm only in nov.. :/

Back