IVF/ICSI Support Group

I rested on the day OR was done, and did not go out of the house, resting cos' had discomfort (was at risk for ohss). Understood what u meant by the pull in the tummy area, I had some bloating and ovary pain as well. But no bleeding.

Please try to rest more, listen to your body. basically avoid any activities that cause discomfort or pain. Drink a lot of water and eat egg whites.

Thank you for sharing! I'm also at risk of OHSS. Eggs trigger my eczema outbreak but looks like I have no choice but to start eating egg whites. Pls take care too!

I drank red date tea and ate egg etc for breakfast. Only after bfp then I drink milk. I was reading different us-based ivf forums and it seems dairy can affect implantation.
Din know abt it but i remember after my first Fresh, i was having bad diarrhea taking milk and for my FET, i decided not to take it and managed to bfp.

Last edited:
Haiz. Just realized that i forgot to pass cheque to kkh for the Great Eastern insurance after ET which was on 12 sept. Anybody know if i can still submit and cheque and form after so many days overdue? And tomorrow is a Sunday. TT

Haiz. Just realized that i forgot to pass cheque to kkh for the Great Eastern insurance after ET which was on 12 sept. Anybody know if i can still submit and cheque and form after so many days overdue? And tomorrow is a Sunday. TT

Aiyo the hospital and insurers both blur, never even follow up with you. Suggest you call up the nurse to submit cheque. Should not be a problem unless there are complications already, in which case, the insurers may choose to decline coverage.

I rested on the day OR was done, and did not go out of the house, resting cos' had discomfort (was at risk for ohss). Understood what u meant by the pull in the tummy area, I had some bloating and ovary pain as well. But no bleeding.

Did not do a full bed rest, but I refrained from walking or standing too much.

Please try to rest more, listen to your body. basically avoid any activities that cause discomfort or pain. Drink a lot of water and eat egg whites.

My blood test report showed that I have OHSS. I am not sure how it would affect my IVF cycle.

My husband has azoospermia and just 2 days ago, he underwent a Testis Biopsy. The surgeon manage to extract sperm and it has been sent for freezing. They have also scheduled us for IVF counselling this coming Tuesday.

This whole IVF thing is very new to me and I have not told anyone (except 2 of my BFF) about this. Nevertheless, I am extremely grateful to have this forum provide me with an avenue of support :)

My blood test report showed that I have OHSS. I am not sure how it would affect my IVF cycle.

My husband has azoospermia and just 2 days ago, he underwent a Testis Biopsy. The surgeon manage to extract sperm and it has been sent for freezing. They have also scheduled us for IVF counselling this coming Tuesday.

This whole IVF thing is very new to me and I have not told anyone (except 2 of my BFF) about this. Nevertheless, I am extremely grateful to have this forum provide me with an avenue of support :)

Yicks!!! Hope you are ok!

I also didnt tell many people.. cos these kind of things very private. Which is also why it made my work situation all the harder. Fighting!

i boil by myself from the scratch... just take all these ingredients and throw into a big rice cooker. Let it boil overnight and then keep warm so you can scoop it up to drink whenever you need it :) Alternatively, you can boil using pot or slow cooker. Slow cooker prob better because it can keep it warm over the day.

i boil by myself from the scratch... just take all these ingredients and throw into a big rice cooker. Let it boil overnight and then keep warm so you can scoop it up to drink whenever you need it :) Alternatively, you can boil using pot or slow cooker. Slow cooker prob better because it can keep it warm over the day.

Hi littlemonkies,
Mind to share what's the ingredients and amt for the longan drink?
Started my ivf injection. Extraction on tues, 22/9 and implantation shd be on fri.
What shd I take note and not eat?
Failed 2 IUI

Don't worry, just try. Usually insurers will not reject business. It's a matter of contract anyway. If they are prepared to insure you despite the cheque coming in late, it shouldn't matter. Must try. It is not advisable to have IVF without insurance coverage.

After submission of cheque, will they mail any policy document to us? The nurse say great eastern will mail the policy over but we haven't get it yet. Anyone know how long it take to received the policy? Thank you!

After submission of cheque, will they mail any policy document to us? The nurse say great eastern will mail the policy over but we haven't get it yet. Anyone know how long it take to received the policy? Thank you!

Yes they will mail it to u. I did my fet end August and gave my form early September. I just got my policy last Thursday.

I received my documents much later after my BTs (which is 19 days after ER for KKH).

Totally hate it to see the documents cos my BTs were all negative, and the documents were rubbing salt into my wound :mad::(:(:D

I'm from KKH. Got positive result for BT. but only feel assured after the ultrasound. We are now waiting for next appointment. So once confirmed ok, will come here spread bb dust :)
Congrats. How many days of puregon or menopur jab did u inject before e trigger jab?
Is dr jerry nice?did he intervene in e midst of e ivf or u only see him on OR day?

Hi sisters,

I decided to share about my IVF journey and what I did to prepare myself in the previous cycle where I got pregnant. And also in this cycle even though it is still early to tell if this pregnancy is viable.

When I first embarked on this arduous journey in 2010, I was very anxious. My mind only has one goal and that is to get pregnant. I gave myself undue pressure because I wanted to get pregnant so badly that failure is not an option. Alas I didn’t have much luck in my first fresh cycle. I was tested BFP for FET but the joy lasted only for a few days… AF reported and I was told it was a chemical pregnancy. I can’t tell you how devastated I was. It was like heaven playing a joke on me and I was very upset. I rested for a few months and started my 2nd fresh cycle. I carried the same emotions with me – anxious and determined to get pregnant. Well, it didn’t happen. Succeeded on FET but had a miscarriage at week 11 – fetal heartbeat was irregular when I went for scan in week 8 so I was more or less prepared. I remembered keeping my composure in the doctor’s clinic when she told me the news. Actually before she entered, I saw my medical record and the words “No heartbeat”. I did a D&C to remove the fetal tissue and test to see what was wrong with the fetus. It was Trisomy 15,18 whatever that is.

I did a mini confinement and also juma massage to shrink my uterus back. I rested again for a few months build up my body by ensuring I take tonics, supplements and balanced diet… whatever I think will help me. I started 3rd fresh cycle in 2012 and did not succeed. By then I have used up the Govt co-funding and before I embarked on FET, I told myself it will be my LAST try. If it happens, it happens. If it doesn’t then it will just be the two of us – my hubby and me. I also become a little more diligent in making sure I try my best in helping myself. So I started regular body massage and acupuncture 3 months before FET. I took Chinese medicine to warm my womb. I think with my mind a little more relaxed helped. I actually did not take the HL and went back to work just a few days after ET because the past few times where I took the 14 days, my mind was just filled with anxiety and doubts. So surprised, I got pregnant and delivered my son in March 2013.

My son is two years old now and I decided to give him a sibling. Maybe because I had a win before, I am more relaxed this time. However, I also made sure I help myself. I am actually more kiasu this time… maybe because no more co-funding and it is going to cost me about $15K! Haha… So 3 months before I start, I actually did a juice cleansing detox and changed my diet. I had salad and light stuff like bee hoon soup most days. I also took Royal Jelly Bee Pollen in the morning, conception tea for morning and afternoon break, walnuts & brazil nuts for snacks. I cut down on pork and beef and took fish and chicken instead. I also have avocados and salmon regularly for good fats. I shared this in an earlier post. I also did acupuncture 2 months before the start of the cycle. I did a lot of things differently this time especially on diet so I cannot pinpoint what is my success factor. I am surprised I have an BFP today because based on my records, doctor had told me I did better in FET so I wasn’t pining much hope. Perhaps it was this that helped me not to give myself too much pressure and keep a free spirit that helped me succeed. I don’t know.

Going through so many rounds I realized one thing – don’t give yourself too much stress. These two times, I came back to work after 2 days rest because staying at home doesn’t help me at all. I tend to think more negatively when I am home cos I had nothing much to do. I hope to encourage the sisters here by sharing a positive story. I know it is a very tough journey and I am glad we have the Forum sisters for support. Let's all jiayou! xx

Yes I agree on the part OF HL. I also feel more relaxed this round cos I went back to work instead of stressing at home on HL.

I think I will be more worried if it still turned out to be BFP becos then I will be paranoid if the pregnancy is going to hold cos of this heavy bleeding episode...

You need to think super positive. My first BFP in 2012 was full of bleeding episodes like you. But with my family support I tell myself I need to think positively! It's easier to b said so u need to believe on being happy :)

Hi shortcake2, with the frequent morning leave, didn't your boss/colleagues ask why you taking so much of morning leaves? What excuses did you give them?

Hi @Wynn0404 , well prior to this I was v seldom on leave and never on Mc.. so guess it covers the 2 weeks track of leaves I took. Anyway, now that it's gg to be over, I looked at my overall leave and noticed that it was only 2 weeks intense of morning leaves.

Will take leave on 30 sep for my scan... and that should be it hopefully ")

Actually, it will be good if u can share with ur colleagues or bosses but I am not open to discuss on this issues with them so I rather go this path...

hi sisters, I think I'm already out for this cycle. Had sudden cramping last evening, with increased fresh blood flow, and went to kkh 24hr clinic. The doctor noted that there is piece of tissue that's "already on its way out" - dark red, smooth surface, looks like liver . Very unexpected horrible news!!! It was taken out and will be sent for histology confirmation whether is it fetal material.

Since my 1st beta was inconclusive, they gave me additonal progesterone jab to play safe. Then still have to go for the 2nd beta this Mon.

Well, now I'm so overwhelmed with all the side effects of the progesterone jab (headache, back, leg, neck pain, and the injection site pain), I dunno what to feel anymore.

The histology results can only be out 1 week later, so if the Mon beta is still inconclusive/negative, I can only know a week later whether I was indeed really pregnant before.

Sorry to sound so defeated, I think by writing out my feelings, I can go through this agonizing wait better.

To all sisters in 2ww, hang on there!

Hugs to u dear....

You need to think super positive. My first BFP in 2012 was full of bleeding episodes like you. But with my family support I tell myself I need to think positively! It's easier to b said so u need to believe on being happy :)
How many egg white did u take during stim? After et, do u still continue?

Congrats. How many days of puregon or menopur jab did u inject before e trigger jab?
Is dr jerry nice?did he intervene in e midst of e ivf or u only see him on OR day?

Thank you :) I'm on menopur for 10days.

I only see dr jerry during ER and ET. He's quite nice and he sounds encouraging during the procedures. As of now, impression not too bad.

Thanks dear! Did your bleeding episodes start after ur BFP? Tdy my day 5 of blood flow (not spotting or staining) already

Thank you :) I'm on menopur for 10days.

I only see dr jerry during ER and ET. He's quite nice and he sounds encouraging during the procedures. As of now, impression not too bad.
Thanks for yr reply. Are you with dr matthew lau previously,transferred to dr jerry as dr matthew has left for a moment?
1. did dr jerry use orgulatron from day 2 starts?
2. N decide e dosage of e start of menoput jab for you or ?
I am with dr lau kkh who left. still deciding to continue with kkh or go nuh/private/forget abt ivf for e 3rd attempt :(

My history:
1. 1st attempt-private: 14 eggs,11 injected and all fertilised, 2 put into me, 9 arrested after day 5 n non to freeze. Bfn
Diagnosis by doc- male factor
2. 2nd attempt -kkh : 10 eggs,8 injected and 2 eggs put under observation. 9 cant even fertilise.by cd 2 all 9 gone. O to freeze . 1 grade 2 put into me. 2 under observation inject with hubby sperm ony 1 day after OR. Cant make it. Bfn
Diagnosis by doc- old eggs
Tried multivits for 1st n 2nd cycle
Tcm for 2nd cycle.
3. 3rd attempt - dunno what to do

Last edited:
Hi littlemonkies,
Mind to share what's the ingredients and amt for the longan drink?
Started my ivf injection. Extraction on tues, 22/9 and implantation shd be on fri.
What shd I take note and not eat?
Failed 2 IUI

Ohhh!!! You and I are cycle buddies! My extraction is on Wednesday! Best of luck to us both! Keep in touch during 2ww ok! Don't let the IUIs get you down... according to Dr. Sadhana, IUI helps the sperms a little bit, but it's actually still a long way to go from the uterus to the egg. So, hopefully, with the sperms 'teleported' into the eggs, we have a stronger fighting chance!

The ingredients are as follows:
(i) A fistful of red dates
(ii) A fistful of black dates
(iii) About 3 tablespoons wolfberries
(iv) Rock sugar (as per your own preference, try and go with the brown sugar)
(v) Dried Longan - about 2 - 3 pieces. DOn't put in too many because the dried longans expand quite a bit when they are in water.
I boiled this in a big pot of water... the pot is the usual rice cooker pot =)

My sinseh told me for the first 3 days after OR, don't walk around too much. Rest as much as possible. On the second and third day, try to drink the pure chicken of essence. Not the Brands Essence, but the real ones you make yourself. The recipe is simple. Just double boil a piece of breast meat for 2 hours. Remove the skin and fats from the breast meat. Once a day.

He also says no cold water... that will affect your body temperature and affect implantation.

Hope this helps!

Hi dear @dramaqueenie , are they still keeping you in kkh? have you fever subsided? So, the doctor still cant pin point why is the bleeding?

Hi dear, I have discharged since Saturday. There's really nothing much to be done at the hospital end. I'm probably on max progesterone support already. But strange that not once did they test my progesterone levels etc. They prob did more tests on my urine infection (eg 4 urine samples, 2 tubes of blood etc)
They did also collect few samples of my blood clots esp the bigger ones just to cfm they are just clots and not tissues.
Most say menstruation is not supposed to come when on progesterone support. They say it could be partial lining shedding (although that process essentially is known as menstruation) and sometimes bleeding occurs when 2 embryos are put in etc... Saw diff docs on rounds so there's no real consistent answers too. It could very well be menstrual blood too but they can't cfm.
I have prepared for the worst but at the same time, I continued with my supports and eat and drink like I would in a normal 2ww so I know I did my best.
Btw, my expired hpt is still BFN this morn. I don't have new ones and will just wait for my beta on Fri

Last edited:
Thanks for yr reply. Are you with dr matthew lau previously,transferred to dr jerry as dr matthew has left for a moment?
I am with dr lau kkh who left. still deciding to continue with kkh or go nuh/private/forget abt ivf for e 3rd attempt :(

My history:
1. 1st attempt-private: 14 eggs,11 injected and all fertilised, 2 put into me, 9 arrested after day 5 n non to freeze. Bfn
2. 2nd attempt -kkh : 10 eggs,8 injected and 2 eggs put under observation. 9 cant even fertilise.by cd 2 all 9 gone. O to freeze . 1 grade 2 put into me. 2 under observation inject with hubby sperm ony 1 day after OR. Cant make it. Bfn
Tcm for 2nd cycle.

I am with dr jerry since start, though I never go through any consultation with him before. I went to kkh via polyclinic (gov subsidy scheme) and hence didn't get to choose doc.
When we decided to embark on ivf, we didn't know we can try to select a doctor. By the time we know, I am already halfway through stimulation.

I start orgulatan at day 3 if I remember correctly, which is day 4 of my menses. The dosage use for menopur was 225units.

For my cycle, I got 11 follicles, 9 matured eggs, 6 fertilized, only 2 make it, which we transfer into me. So I have nothing to freeze. Hub and I putting hopes on these 2 fighters.

I think if you are comfortable with your previous doctor, you may consider with him? Of course you can try another doctor for a change :) if you continue with kkh, maybe u want consider dr tan hh? He is highly recommended by many sisters (not that I am unhappy with dr jerry). Hope things will go well for your third try!! :)

Sistas, need some help here.I Did my ivf last year and can't really remember the procedure. Am currently on iui . Am considering to go back to ivf if failed.

When do we do the ER? Is it during ovulation? And When do we do ET?

Hi ladies... Just dropping in to say hello to everyone. Just did my FET (2nd FET attempt ) 2nd cycle on 8 Sept 2015. Currently in my 2ww. My history went way back to 2006 (I think.. So long till I cannot remember .. Haha..) and managed to conceive one boy on my 2nd FET during my first cycle back then. My boy is already 7 years old and I'm hitting my big 4 real soon. So, giving myself one last shot at this. Wishing everybody here good luck and success. My my.. This 2ww seems so long.. Looking forward to my blood test next wed. Anyone in same cycle as me?

Cherylng.. I was given 3 days HL by KKH for this round of FET. But they are pretty flexible . I remembered I used to ask for 2 weeks when I was trying back in 2007. Now I kind of take it easy.. 2 days back to work.. Hehe

Hi ladies... Just dropping in to say hello to everyone. Just did my FET (2nd FET attempt ) 2nd cycle on 8 Sept 2015. Currently in my 2ww. My history went way back to 2006 (I think.. So long till I cannot remember .. Haha..) and managed to conceive one boy on my 2nd FET during my first cycle back then. My boy is already 7 years old and I'm hitting my big 4 real soon. So, giving myself one last shot at this. Wishing everybody here good luck and success. My my.. This 2ww seems so long.. Looking forward to my blood test next wed. Anyone in same cycle as me?
Hi hi. Am in my 2ww as well. First fresh cycle. 8dp3dt. Ur 2ww ending soon. Few more days. Ur boy shall keep you busy so time flies faster. I dont even wan to count down to my bt cos its just so far away. Haha. Good luck to u ya

I am with dr jerry since start, though I never go through any consultation with him before. I went to kkh via polyclinic (gov subsidy scheme) and hence didn't get to choose doc.
When we decided to embark on ivf, we didn't know we can try to select a doctor. By the time we know, I am already halfway through stimulation.

I start orgulatan at day 3 if I remember correctly, which is day 4 of my menses. The dosage use for menopur was 225units.

For my cycle, I got 11 follicles, 9 matured eggs, 6 fertilized, only 2 make it, which we transfer into me. So I have nothing to freeze. Hub and I putting hopes on these 2 fighters.

I think if you are comfortable with your previous doctor, you may consider with him? Of course you can try another doctor for a change :) if you continue with kkh, maybe u want consider dr tan hh? He is highly recommended by many sisters (not that I am unhappy with dr jerry). Hope things will go well for your third try!! :)
Thks for e reply n well wishes. All e best to you too! :)

Hi hi. Am in my 2ww as well. First fresh cycle. 8dp3dt. Ur 2ww ending soon. Few more days. Ur boy shall keep you busy so time flies faster. I dont even wan to count down to my bt cos its just so far away. Haha. Good luck to u ya

Hi hi me also 2ww... I forget how to count Liao ... Me FET on 18 September... Transfer 2 blast... So is wat dp and dt? My BT also long way.... Is it 3dp5dt???

My history:
Tcm for 2nd cycle.
Hi connie_hopeful,

You may ask your hubby to eat some oyster/supplement to improve the quality of the sperm, you may eat some food which can improve your egg quality too, a lot of sisters have advised what to eat to improve the quality of egg before in this forum.

Back